Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Money back?


Recommended Posts

So I've played this game roughly for 2 weeks now. During that time I have played for multiple different times of the day. Usually only seeing 10-15 people max on a server at a time. Mind you that is the Peak. normally only 5 people or less at a time. I ask the question when is this game going to be fun at all. I have tried to get into different guilds of which no one responds. So i join the largest open guild. Again no one ever is online of the 100+ members in it. I have tried to pick fights with different fractions of which again no one responds, and openly asked for pvp fights to try and at least do something other then kill npc trash mobs or gather materials that cant be used because of crafting system to far beyond my reach of not having skill. So what am i supposed to do in a game that no one is ever on and no action at all..

 

I wish to ask for my money back. please devs fix your game.. its not fun at all. If more people where actively playing maybe. but even then the content of the game is so minor compared to other mmo games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beta.. And if that is the case why is everyone on the test server when the game itself even in Beta still looks and feels if it is still in Test itself. the game is far from beta. If anything it feels like an early alpha game still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jokerj,

Wait a week or three, until the new build is on LIVE BETA, right now everyone is playing TEST BETA...actually testing the game and not playing it. 

When it hits live, you will have people all around you and that will a blessing and a curse. A whole new character build is coming soon.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Jokerj_2442 said:

Beta.. And if that is the case why is everyone on the test server when the game itself even in Beta still looks and feels if it is still in Test itself. the game is far from beta. If anything it feels like an early alpha game still.

Sometimes when they put a major new patch on the test server all activity drops on the live server. That is what is going on right now. When patch 6.2 hits live the population will pick up again.

IhhQKY6.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Silverback said:

jokerj,

Wait a week or three, until the new build is on LIVE BETA, right now everyone is playing TEST BETA...actually testing the game and not playing it. 

When it hits live, you will have people all around you and that will a blessing and a curse. A whole new character build is coming soon.

So I'm just supposed to wait for the game to get good then. right so why wait. If that's the case of wait for the game to get better i can wait for other games that will for sure be far better then this game that is unpolished and again far from beta. I believe my $200 Spent on this game will far go better into another game that offers more then just Pvp that is unseen due to no player activity / even though they are testing the game, Or killing random npc trash mobs / collecting resources for nothing.

 

I guess a good way to put it is like this. The Dev team put this game into Beta. So any new players that Buys the game will see. When they log on and see absolutely no one ever online. What hope does that give to the game. Even if 10,000 people are currently testing the game. Really think how good is this game even. No active players at all.

 

Then going into actual content of the game. what does the game offer. crafting system is put together quite well. though it requires other people to help you along the way to craft stuff for you that you can't craft. The combat system is quite clunky atm. Also with random bugs of randomly dying from nothing just standing in town?? That was quite fun not really sure why that even happened. I understand bugs happen but really for a game to be in beta that usually means the game is nearly finish. If that is how the dev team looks at this game as nearly finish than i want out and my money back. If its not possible to give me my money back then so be it. $200 lost / whatever..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Jokerj_2442 said:

Beta.. And if that is the case why is everyone on the test server when the game itself even in Beta still looks and feels if it is still in Test itself. the game is far from beta. If anything it feels like an early alpha game still.

Many people backed it up even before any Alpha or Beta started. For me personally, the game feels like Beta already. Many games do pre-sale before you could even play the game. Crowfall was available for backers as soon as they made the very first steps towards the game. Right now nothing is going on LIVE servers because everyone is waiting for the next big update. Because devs asked backers to play on test specifically to rush it up. And because there probably will be item wipe on Live with 6.200 patch.

 

Once 6.200 or even 6.300 will hit LIVE server, players base will be back there. For now, the majority of players just wait and just test new stuff on TEST servers. In Steam, by the way, you cannot ask for the refund after you played it 2-3 hours... even if the game is a complete crap.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, Jokerj_2442 said:

So I've played this game roughly for 2 weeks now. During that time I have played for multiple different times of the day. Usually only seeing 10-15 people max on a server at a time. Mind you that is the Peak. normally only 5 people or less at a time. I ask the question when is this game going to be fun at all. I have tried to get into different guilds of which no one responds. So i join the largest open guild. Again no one ever is online of the 100+ members in it. I have tried to pick fights with different fractions of which again no one responds, and openly asked for pvp fights to try and at least do something other then kill npc trash mobs or gather materials that cant be used because of crafting system to far beyond my reach of not having skill. So what am i supposed to do in a game that no one is ever on and no action at all..

 

I wish to ask for my money back. please devs fix your game.. its not fun at all. If more people where actively playing maybe. but even then the content of the game is so minor compared to other mmo games. 

 

Welcome to the forums.

The possibility of refunds can depend on several details (e.g. where you are from, from whom you bought what exactely, etc.). Therefore we as community can't tell you wether your wish can come true or not. The developers can, though. And you can contact them via support@crowfall.com.

As another option, the Trusted Traders anshex.com and markeedragon.com are licensed to buy and sell retired bundles officially.

 

Some additional general thoughts on the topic:

It seems advisable to inform oneself thoroughly before pre-buying a game in development, especially when considering buying higher priced bundles that contain more stuff then the future basic game, which someone might need or not. I would usually consider someone who buys such higher bundles a passionate tester - who knows the risks of testing unfinished products. Or someone who don't cares for money. Or someone who is in need of a certain learning experience.

If in doubt, one should simply create an account on crowfall.com and opt-in for the free but closed beta access in ones account profile.

Crowfall will be a teamplay oriented PvP game - with it's major content basically being the players themselves. Also right now it's not a game yet, but a testing environment - with a 24/7 LIVE server and an occasionally provided TEST server for the next iteration.
Combined, this leads to a wavelike tester behaviour with highs and lows in activity. The older a version is, the less people test. Once the next version gets basic testing on TEST, a few people and guilds (the usual subjects) will test there. And once it get's to LIVE a lot of people will test for a short time. And then it starts all over again.
That's, of course, a problem. Especially when the players are meant to be the major content and one often needs a team to do something useful. Since there is no game to win yet, only a test to endure, there are no players yet - only testers. And testers, well, they test ... and even that only sometimes.

These are basic considerations that should be understood before buying into testing - any game. In case of doubt it is useful to ask the community wether the current state of development could fit ones expectations. Crowfall has a pretty active discord community, which is not shy to answer questions.

Generally I would strongly recommend to take a look at things before buying them. In my opinion, with the current state of the gaming industry, with twitch and youtube and communities and such, that shouldn't be a too utopic suggestion regarding games. (Especially if there's even an option for free testing. ~cough~)


Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Jokerj_2442 said:

So I've played this game roughly for 2 weeks now. During that time I have played for multiple different times of the day. Usually only seeing 10-15 people max on a server at a time. Mind you that is the Peak. normally only 5 people or less at a time. I ask the question when is this game going to be fun at all. I have tried to get into different guilds of which no one responds. So i join the largest open guild. Again no one ever is online of the 100+ members in it. I have tried to pick fights with different fractions of which again no one responds, and openly asked for pvp fights to try and at least do something other then kill npc trash mobs or gather materials that cant be used because of crafting system to far beyond my reach of not having skill. So what am i supposed to do in a game that no one is ever on and no action at all..

 

I wish to ask for my money back. please devs fix your game.. its not fun at all. If more people where actively playing maybe. but even then the content of the game is so minor compared to other mmo games. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the population will pick up when 6.2 first gets patched over but it will slowly dwindle back down. You will see the same spike during siege time, but again that number will even start to dwindle down as time goes on. I believe the reason for that is because Quarterbacking is the reason you win or lose in siege, so the fights don't ever feel as good as a small scale fight will feel and people will just not want or can't show up every single day at a certain block of time.

(Quarterbacking happens in co-operative games when one player takes over the group and tells the other players what to do) 

 

On 11/5/2020 at 11:03 AM, Jokerj_2442 said:

gather materials that cant be used because of crafting system to far beyond my reach of not having skill. So what am i supposed to do in a game that no one is ever on and no action at all..

 

The reason I quoted this is because the barrier to entry on Crowfall is huge. New players won't be able to do anything in the one and only loop that this game has (gathering/crafting). Until the dev's fix the fact that passives create an unrealistic barrier for new people playing and there is NO CONTENT / PVP loop for anything other then a timed siege. Its going to be rough.

 

 

PS. People will say there will be a catch up mechanic for passives. I dunno I hear whispers but only time can tell how that's going to work.  (its going to be hilarious if the catch up mechanic is actively doing the task) 

Edited by Sirktivo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Jokerj_2442 You can try to sell whatever backer package you have to one of the two Trusted Traders that ACE allows players to buy/sell too.

Beyond that, you can wait for the game to launch or at least get into a more polished state that none of us have any timeline for. Calling it Beta was and is misleading but unfortunately ACE can call it whatever they want and keep selling things to people that don't even have any value (VIP).

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2020 at 12:22 AM, APE said:

@Jokerj_2442 You can try to sell whatever backer package you have to one of the two Trusted Traders that ACE allows players to buy/sell too.

Beyond that, you can wait for the game to launch or at least get into a more polished state that none of us have any timeline for. Calling it Beta was and is misleading but unfortunately ACE can call it whatever they want and keep selling things to people that don't even have any value (VIP).

Damn it @APE stop telling me my VIP has no value!

Granted, it doesn't have the value it was stated to have, and none of us know what the current value is but I bet it's greater than zero. :)

Mac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...