Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Conqueror Myrmidon in 6.200 Guide

galvia

Hey folks, welcome to my Conqueror Myrmidon Guide for 6.200. This guide will cover the changes implemented in the Class Revamp of 6.200 and set you to walk the road of Vengeance.

Myrmidon has received a lot of changes in 6.200 that makes things better for the class, but also somewhat worse. Specifically, Vengeance, Berserk, and Frenzy have been combined into a single spell (Berserk) and then Berserk is modified by your promotion class. The benefit here is that you need less buttons to operate your class, the downside is that you are locked into a particular playstyle.

This guide focuses on the Conqueror Promotion spec as I believe it is currently the only viable promotion spec for Myrmidon in 6.200. Here’s why:

Titan has more individual damage, but is severely limited by Berserker Crash - which has been indirectly nerfed further in this patch with the removal of Juggernaut and poor access to discs like Freedom Fighter (which provides group CC immunity). All of your damage and survivability can be countered by your enemy learning how to count to 7, and you being out of ult (which is also mostly useless). Titan will deal a lot of damage, but is too easily countered to be reliable. If their survivability mechanic is made more lenient Titan will become much much stronger.

Battle Rager is useless. It applies no pressure, it can live for a fairly long time due to it’s talents and ease of mitigating crash, but does nothing significant in the current meta. It needs a significant rework.

Conqueror has access to three incredible domains (Music, Wind, and War), is still able to easily cap it’s Damage Bonus statline to deal excellent damage, and provides a whole suite of useful CC, debuffs, and of course the infamous Net + Pull. A single conqueror in your group will provide a ton of utility and pressure and is a welcome addition to any lineup.

Until such a time where I can play Titan and survive against a highly competent opponent, Conqueror is the way to go for Myrm.

---------

OK now that I’ve spent 300~ words convincing you of why you should look at this guide, let's get into it.

Any feedback on the content of this guide can be directed to the thread or to me on Discord.

Guide Changelog:
2020-11-08 - Guide Posted

-------
Table of Contents

1. Talent Build
  2. Stat Priority
  3. Gear
  4. Races
  5. Disciplines
  6. Playstyle
  7. Final Thoughts

-------
1. Talent Build
This talent build should be non-controversial with the exception of two points and will work on all damage focused Myrmidon builds (even Titan). It should be noted that the Conqueror does not need much additional defense, and I will outline the correct ways of approaching playing the class in combat to make sure you are playing very tanky while outputting significant damage.

Here’s the build.

vwHdMNctKAWeIqUp2DvoTpcChPLE1B0-qTza3Ks0vW-sIK-vmDCgrWJ1x6AaxNDsyBKK1wkdhfq8l7-F15MF9fVHUUPHwpPwavpAxBtKHKAhyyOcLUfKwERfcVK_DEmwCRtjPbZO

The two points this build gives exception to are your domain, and Shredded (top middle node that connects to Opportunist). Here is Shredded:

Ufs58Hw-sv22pmPrDLBFZrSXmybLG2NJpQMzzDNr3-yigiuFbOD_sGu-ZAr3DbCIT-5uGoeWb8JXdSu0eyahaKWJOzPX48nMR7AzvdBZjsMiqxeJbLKuiWZ4hwuIF78HH8ViIHo4

You could potentially drop this node in favor of Ferocity, connecting to Opportunist in the top right.

Zf1uIrejI17TaqJbCkIb4WJb_meP5H6Fo9cR9fla-V7a8B4Mdq-0NdMqOVw0NHpXyMtr8Yl1754HB0cFeutwUJHzPd_4dv5DgYWuqBnZPrzu_K7UAghifUUd8eZ0nmJeOTg2A-lM

If you are running an Axes based build this is worth considering, however I strongly prefer the Shredded node as it ensures that you will never run out of Fury in combat - and extends the build into using heavier weapons like Maces if you so desire. The crit stats are welcome and hard to find in this build, but I think you’ll find that never, ever running out of Fury is a very welcome thing on Myrmidon.

Getting out of the weeds here, this spec affords you every damage and efficiency node, grabs you all of the most useful class spells (which you will use all of) and does not rely on a specific disc setup to be useful. I would not modify this talent build outside of your domain choice and potentially Shredded unless you plan to totally deviate from the intended role discussed in this guide. If you do decide to deviate, you’re on your own :)

-------
2. Stat Priority
Conqueror has a relatively simple stat priority.

1. Attack Power
  2. Damage Bonuses
  3. Critical Strike
  4. Critical Damage
  5. HP

Attack Power
Attack power in 6.200 is somewhat difficult to come by due to the change in scaling off of your base stat. Because of this change, focusing on attack power is critical for all damage classes and Conqueror is no exception. Attack power is weighted as 10 AP = 1 Weapon damage for all classes. As you approach the attack power cap, other stats like Damage Bonus and Critical Strike will begin to become more valuable but you should first focus on Attack Power.

Typically these stats don’t compete for real estate with one another, but use your judgement when evaluating gear drops.

Damage Bonuses
Damage bonuses of any kind are your secondary priority. Typically you want to focus on untyped Damage Bonus (the kind that shows up on your main stat page), but you should also be looking for increases to your main weapon type damage bonus (slashing or crushing) and you won’t be upset with Bleed Damage Bonus. You also strongly prioritize Basic Attack Damage Bonus as it is a big part of your damage.

These bonuses will increase your damage by a percentage and are valuable on any class, but in particular it is useful on Myrmidon as you deal a very constant stream of attacks that align well with consistent high damage. You are a pressure class with a few burst tools.

Critical Strike and Critical Damage
Crit Strike and Crit Damage come in at third and fourth priority but should be considered two sides of the same coin. You like these stats on your gear, but don’t neglect one for the other. You need to crit to deal extra damage, and you need extra crit damage to make those bonuses matter.

I suggest prioritizing crit strike over damage when you need to make a choice, as it is better to crit more often than just harder.

HP and Other Stats
Conqueror is an aggressive class and benefits from a large HP pool and more defensive stats. You are encouraged to look for these kinds of upgrades. I will go into detail in the next section, but don’t totally skimp on defensive stats in favor of all out aggressive on the Conqueror.

While you are prioritizing dealing damage, your largest value will come to what you bring your team. You can’t help your team if you are always on the run from pressure or have too small of a hitpoint pool to take heat.

Try to partially solve these problems with your gear, but look for support within a group through the use of buffs and class abilities to help keep yourself alive.

-------
3. Gear
Gearing for a Conqueror is pretty straightforward. 

Weapons
First you want to make a choice between Axes and Maces. Axes are lighter and therefore will be easier to cap basic attack damage on, which is valuable to you overall. Maces are heavier, but crushing damage is less prevalent and therefore you’re less likely to run into high resistances on your opponents.

Unless you have a specific build idea, I’d suggest sticking with axes. There is a bit of Anti-Synergy with one of your best damage disciplines Heavy Hitter and it’s key spell Reverberating Blow but what you lose in damage bonuses on the disc you will make up for in basic attack damage. 

Evaluate your gear, fury usage, and preference and make a choice that is right for you.

Armor
Armor is very straightforward on Conqueror. You want to grab the armor that gives you the most Armor Value and useful typed damage bonuses that you can find. If you are using crafted armor, you’ll want to stick to Mail.

In previous iterations of the game you typically wanted to stick to a single type of armor, but in 6.200 there is no intrinsic benefit to wearing only one type of armor. Leather comes with higher baked in damage bonuses, and mail comes with slightly higher armor values. The reason you prioritize armor AND typed damage bonus values is that you should be able to reach the cap of 40% Untyped Damage Bonus regardless of armor selection - so you want to optimize for other bonuses and armor values.

-------

4. Races
Myrmidon is somewhat limited in what races you can select, fortunately the races are all pretty good. In my opinion there is a clear winner, but you can evaluate for yourself. Here are the pros and cons.

Half-Giant
Pros:

• Excellent Race Stats for Myrmidon (+STR, +CON)
  • Makin’ Me Mad passive, +5% Damage Bonus after being hit 5 times
  • Blood of the Giant Active - 5% Damage Bonus and Damage Reduction active.
  • Heavy Hitter is available as a racial discipline.

Cons:

• Large body, making you an easier target.
  • Low Critical Strike

Half Giant is the defacto Conqueror Myrm race, with the most value maintained across it’s passive and active powers and the most +STR available to you. It does have weaknesses, but you really benefit from what HG has to offer.

Minotaur
Pros:

• Thick Skin Passive: Increases Resists
  • Bull Rush Active: Charge that knocks down
  • Unbreakable Passive: Frontal Stun Immunity

Cons:

• Not great stats (+DEX, +CON)
  • Bloodthirst Active is wasted on Myrm (they do not stack).

Minotaur is a good Myrm race with a valuable movement skill, good resists, and the Unbreakable Passive power, which is quite valuable - especially in it’s bugged state that provides 360 degree stun immunity.

Unfortunately Conqueror Myrm is totally CC Immune 75% of the time and so that major benefit does not really apply to them, making Minotaur a medium option. Not bad, not optimal. Pick this if you like the movement.

Stoneborn
Pros:

• Good stat spread (+CON, +SPR, +STR)
  • Blood of the Mountain Passive - +15% PHM, making you tankier
  • Stone Skin Active - 50% Damage Reduction at the cost of 50% Healing Reduction, strong active.
  • Coagulation Passives - Chance to remove bleed effects when it is applied.

Cons:

• I Get Knocked Down passive has anti synergy (you are immune to CC 75% of the time)

Stoneborn is a stable choice for any Myrm looking to be a bit more survivable in general, and not rely on cooldown abilities for most of their tankiness. You can’t take advantage of it’s entire kit, but overall Stoneborn is quite strong.

-------

Recommendations

I would strongly suggest playing a Half Giant Conqueror going into 6.200. It provides you the most value for your selection across all verticals (discs, stats, passives, and actives). The other races are fine, but a Half Giant will outshine them all things equal.

If Heavy Hitter and Reverberating Blow are further nerfed in subsequent patches, Stoneborn in particular will become a stronger candidate. For now, stick with the HG.

5. Disciplines
Conqueror Myrm has access to three very strong domains in Music, Wind, and War. Until the Crowpedia is implemented in game, check out the community sourced Discipline Options Table to get a full look at each domain and the discs within.

I won’t be breaking down everything in each domain, but I will summarize the playstyle of each domain briefly here.

Music is a buffing/teamplay domain with some strong personal benefits. We will be focusing on this domain for our suggested build, but there are other strong options within. You play songs to debuff your enemy or buff your own group, providing powerful and unique benefits.

Wind is another buffing/teamplay domain, but this time focused less on channeled constant buffs and more in the moment personal or team oriented buffs. Specifically, Wind is about freedom of movement and actions for you and your team. Choose this domain if you want to support your team more or be completely unimpeded in combat. Music arguably brings stronger buffs and debuffs, but this is a great option if you have several Music domain players in your composition already.

War is a personal damage oriented domain, focusing on Bleeds and other personal sources of damage. If you are trying to put out significant amounts of damage yourself, War is a good solution to increasing that damage. You should consider this domain if you already have Wind and Music taken care of for the most part in your guild.

-------

For our suggested build, we’re going to be focusing on the Music domain and the Troubadour discipline. You  will need to go Half Giant for this build to come online.

ERGrfWK58oSqKd05_cpWO9zbgByEdOHH7t27DeBlDZf0inKb9SLD4kYXkrlYdbDhnJXegHzr1ozpEBD-fCsP7qdacqeaGi2_20QeQTp5yOQyQ8s-RP6w7yFkt8m7ld44JKEiEeSo

Troubadour offers the song buff Requiem, and the passive Song Twisting. Consonant Chains is not worth running.

Requiem is a song you channel that debuffs enemies within 5m, making them take 15% increased damage. You can further increase the damage they take by using the Song Twisting passive, by playing 3 songs and then channeling Requiem again - increasing the debuff to 20% increased damage taken.

This is an absurd amount of increased damage that both you and your guild can take advantage of. The song applies to up to 5 enemies every pule, and the debuff lasts as long as your song duration value. Consider eating Marsala Stew to take complete advantage of this debuff and to really mess your enemies up.

The second Major disc we will be taking in this build is Heavy Hitter.

n0pJi9DvMm_0wT5GkgN1aTspWfOyz_Vh984THeSuDIeMrfpfJG55Yo1xhpjHQZ_LwQlz3q634uVE1SBhG33sIXNsUFFGfsEAa5qFyJaGGR-q6EtQYQyWPvQ3KEQ6_QiZbDD-bX7d

Heavy Hitter offers you some valuable damage bonuses, a great defensive passive in Overwhelming Odds, and the pulsing damage AOE spell Reverberating Blow. Reverb applies DOT to your enemy that makes them pulse out damage to other enemies nearby, while also hurting themselves. This DOT is quite strong and the spread damage is icing on the cake, and will be a large source of damage for this spec.

Use this spell on cooldown after you press your buffs and you will kill many players.

For Minor Disciplines I’ve chosen:

bkJSnE2a_N3jVwKYkoaoZ68qsxaVm1RUWvcyzng2EpbPB9sI96Z9zvzPLLQRcLw4mWkU2uOdue0MXG7wC33pi_PQgn9cJ2luaKm3zrgRnmhpA9X17Bi1wQDdBSfO0psvchSSAbRa

Guardian Rhythms enables Song Twisting, more on how we use that later on. Sparring increases your basic attack damage and adds Crit Strike - a major source of your damage. Finally, Spirit Whip causes your third and most power basic attack to splash to nearby enemies and also offers more Damage Bonus: Enemy High Health.

Spirit Whip is flexible in this setup and can be replaced with other options or more defensive discs if you’d like. I like the damage it adds, but it isn’t needed.

-------

Final Thoughts on Discs
While I didn’t go into excruciating detail of all of the discs available to this promotion, I hope I’ve given you a bit of a headstart to digging into your options. There are MANY viable builds and alterations to mine above - and while I think mine is most optimal, there are plenty of other strong options on the table for Conqueror.

Choose discs that fit your playstyle, don’t force a playstyle that doesn’t work for you.

-------
6. Playstyle
Conqueror at its core is an aggressive but relatively fragile frontline DPS promotion class. As such, you’ll want to develop a playstyle that suits the classes strengths. When Conqueror is strong and has all of it’s cooldowns, it is nigh unkillable or containable - but when those cooldowns are no longer available you are extremely susceptible to focus fire and can quickly die. You need to walk the razor’s edge with this class to be effective - but that’s what you wanted, right? If you want to be boring and stable, play a Champion or a Knight you coward.

We’re going to get dirty with this class and come out alive sometimes. Maybe. Probably. This TLDR will give you the basics of what you need to be aggressive.

-------
TLDR

1. Use Vengeance early and often and only at mid - high health if you are relying on a healer. You can easily keep yourself topped off by dealing large amounts of damage, but can screw your healer if you press it at low HP values.
  2. Your priorities are out of position players > hooking players out of position > diving into the enemy to apply lots of debuffs > running away.
  3. Net Pull will win you fights. Get good at the skill and start hooking people. Every target you hook can lead to a kill, which is actually better than just debuffing a bunch of random people who are safe.
  4. When in doubt, play safe and rely on your abilities and basic attacks to kill single targets. Go in when you have your blood of the giant, ultimate, or other defensive cooldowns available. Pick your moments.

-------

Berserk: Vengeance Usage

In 6.200, all of the Myrm buffs are just variants of Berserk but I can’t break my habit so quickly. In this guide, we will call the Conquerors form of Berserk vengeance.

8uLeafXtzf2d3P0YHR4Wb2xurP2kBKUE-6UcMeGcPRgF6Gy8Anc-gnXX0dlUByOjbD8VxLsjIQY-x5vV7i9rgAZU6lSfqmAxSfcCheTCn2TFiRGBTvRvez08Drp49wOakK3wkId3

Vengeance is a simple but powerful spell that can totally screw you or save you depending on how it is applied. It pins your HP at whatever value it is set at the time you use it, and when you deal damage you heal that amount back to that maximum. If you use this spell when you are low, you can potentially stabilize yourself at that low value but you will also not allow your healer to support you.

Using this spell carefully is how you can become very tanky, or impossible to save. Some general tips are:

1. Use vengeance at high health and refill that health through damage.
  2. Check your HP each time it comes off cooldown and figure out if you should use it again. If you are beneath half health, decide if you will die if you don’t heal yourself or not.
  3. Use it on cooldown and often if you are in a 1v1 situation.

If you are playing the recommended Half-Giant build, make sure to use your Damage Reduction abilities when Vengeance is down or in situations where you won’t be able to heal yourself back up. These abilities typically protect you for roughly 1.5s out of the 4s you’ll be waiting for vengeance to come back up again. A common vengeance rotation is:

Vengeance > Blood of the Giant x1 > Vengeance > Blood of the Giant x2 > Vengeance > Raging Bull

Alternatively you can do it the other way around if you think you’ll be able to build up your ultimate again during the fight. I tend to do it that way when I am less confident in a fight. You want to use your Blood of the Giants early and often to gain the damage bonus they provide.

-------

Song Twisting
Song Twisting is a nice mechanic you can easily take advantage of on the Conqueror. In this build, we take Guardian Rhythms in addition to Troubador which gives you a total of 3 songs - enough to twist a song and get an added benefit to it.

When you twist songs, you do not need to re-twist them to keep the enhanced song going. The enhanced song will refresh so long as you are channeling that song. That means we actually only need to dedicate one bar slot to Requiem but are able to get the twisted benefit of it.

When you zone through a runegate, or if you are preparing to engage in a fight, take 10 seconds and slot in Guardian Rhythms and Consonant Chains on your bar. Press Requiem, Consonant Chains, then Guardian Rhythms on your bar - then press Requiem one more time. You will play “Yaga’s Requiem” instead, gain the buff, and be good to go for the rest of your time in the zone.

You can then drop Guardian Rhythms  and Consonant Chains off of your bar and reslot in normal abilities there.

-------

Fighting Efficiently

As a Conqueror you want to make sure you are dealing damage as efficiently as possible so that you get the most healing and apply the most pressure during the fight. The music build acts as a good AOE damage dealer through the use of Whirlwind and the Requiem debuff, but Myrmidon’s main source of damage comes from the basic attack combo and the neck slash power.

There are no strict rotations in Crowfall or PVP games, but the big things you should be thinking about are:

• Can I stay in this fight?
  • Have I popped all of my DPS cooldowns?
  • Has everybody I can safely reach had a bleed applied to them?
  • Am I focusing the right target with my single target damage?

The flow of entering and exiting a fight will come with experience. Just make sure to keep your debuffs up and focus on keeping yourself alive. The Music domain gives you a damage advantage for your entire team. Keep that debuff running!

-------

Target Selection
Conquerors love to pick someone and make their lives miserable. Picking good targets will help with this.

I mention this in the TLDR above:

Your priorities are out of position players > hooking players out of position > diving into the enemy to apply lots of debuffs > running away.

To elaborate on this, due to how serrated blade and requiem works, you are really good at making people take a lot of damage. This is amplified by selecting the most opportune target because you can kill anybody. Plate, Mail, Leather - whatever. If they are near you or your team they can die.

When you are looking to hook players using net pull, try to pull squishy targets or healers out of position and into your group. I really love walking to the edge of a flank and pulling healers who are trying to heal Melee. Here’s a recipe for an easy healer kill:

Net Pull > Vengeance > Whirlwind 1x Tick
At this point most healers have retaliated and are open to being CC’d again. Once the retaliate animation ends:
Neck Chop > Serrated Blade > Reverb > Basic Attack

When you Neck Chop as a Conqueror, you apply a suppress to your target. Normally healers after being pulled have very few ways of escaping you at this stage, so suppressing them stops their healing entirely and makes it very hard for them to escape you without blowing cooldowns very early into your damage rotation. You can net many free kills by doing this, so keep your eyes out for it.

-------

When to Dive
Learning how to play over aggressive is complicated and takes experience. The best thing I can suggest for new Myrm players is to ideally have other frontliners go in first, and then you follow up. Barring that, good times to go crazy are usually on flanks or other exposed areas of the enemy’s composition.

If you are fighting in small scale PVP (5 v 5 or similar) you can go in almost all the time. The only time it is very scary to go in is when 10 or more players turn and try to kill you. Watch your health bar and how many hits you are taking, and don’t be afraid to be a coward. Wasting their focus and time can lead to wins!

-------

7. Final Thoughts
Conq’s are on the bleeding edge of Melee DPS. Don’t run too many, they are fake tanks.

-------

PS ACE/Rhea if you read this, please don’t nerf Conq they die super easy and Myrm has had bad specs for a long time. Buff Titan and similar melee glass cannon DPS specs first and make Battle Rager do something better than get big and mitigate crash. Ranged DPS are still king, and specs like Conq and Barb make melee control and pressure interesting.

Pure ranged DPS metas like 6.0/6.1 are extremely boring and taxing.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Edited by galvia
Linked to disc options table, thanks Tinnis!

7 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Could always drop the minor disc rune slot and pickup ferocity. 

I'm not sure sparring or spirit whip are better than 7.5% crit and 15% crit damage. 

So this is a fun little deliberation and I think you could do this, but I probably wouldn't.

Sparring gives +2% Crit and arguably your most valuable damage bonus that you currently struggle to cap without investing disciplines into (unlike in 6.100). 10% to my most consistent form of damage is far more valuable to me than an extra 7.5% crit and 15% crit damage.

Spirit Whip is a better argument, but when I think about how I fight I feel that an extra splash on my third basic (one of my largest sources of damage) and 5% Enemy High Health Damage Bonus I value that, or the option to grab something more defensive pretty highly. I will concede that you could take that though and be fine. Flexibility has value.

Over the course of the fight I'm unsure what would give me more damage if I am able to hit more targets. I can get on the dummy later today to test, but if you are a crit lord I say go for it. We're sort of splitting hairs on this node anyway - it's small potatoes.

Edited by galvia

I strongly recommend took gift of blood or whatever this passive called.

75 HP regen every seconds. since vengeance got nerfedberserker got fixed it is probably your only viable way to heal self out of the berserker. this is equal to 5% life steal and does not required any buffs coz active all the time (all conq can do on the scale and big fights - throw everything and spin to win).

actually 80% of your damage in fights will be WW bleeding damage anyway because no crit, low AP and pretty bad aoe except WW.

this mean you are going with bottom line and took PDM and heal self

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

4 minutes ago, makkon said:

75 HP regen every seconds. since vengeance got nerfedberserker got fixed it is probably your only viable way to heal self out of the berserker. this is equal to 5% life steal and does not required any buffs coz active all the time (since all conq can do on the scale and big fights - throw everything and spin to win)

I've tested this and it should only heal you when you apply bleeds, not when they tick. Since you apply a severe bleed, it's 75 HP per target you hit with a bleed before any modifiers.

It's not terrible healing but it also isn't really impressive either - you aren't going to outlast anybody with that low amount of healing. If you got healed every time a bleed ticked however it would be insanely strong.

I'll test it again this afternoon and report back. If I am wrong then this is definitely a talent to take (likely sacking Conq passive + minor disc to get there).

16 minutes ago, galvia said:

I've tested this and it should only heal you when you apply bleeds, not when they tick. Since you apply a severe bleed, it's 75 HP per target you hit with a bleed before any modifiers.

It's not terrible healing but it also isn't really impressive either - you aren't going to outlast anybody with that low amount of healing. If you got healed every time a bleed ticked however it would be insanely strong.

I'll test it again this afternoon and report back. If I am wrong then this is definitely a talent to take (likely sacking Conq passive + minor disc to get there).

everything in this game working not as intended or how it is writen in description. right now it works like I wrote. until they will "fix" it.

IF it is start working on apply bleeding - well. it is still viable coz you can heal for 75*5 + zerg around*5 every X seconds which will help you get feeling what you are tanky lol.

anyway 6.2 is too early to even throw on live servers. not saying even to writing guides which can outdate in next patch.

conq is a no brain class. sadly. I want my vanilla berserker, frenzy and vengeance back coz it was only real factor to play it correct, perfect and prevent all players who think they can handle it away.

btw this build is what I did in first 6.2 evening after I got resentment about titan and br. almost did not test this bugfest since 6.2 released (after a couple of evenings in a duel area) but if this still viable and recommended by active players. so... 6.2 is a big fail in terms of viable builds at least for myrmidon.

weapon - axe. you can take maces but they are bad

race - HG (or mino if wann to cry and play titan). who need other races if you uncontrolled anyway but HG give you dmg and heal

get as much AP as you can. anyway you can't

as much aoe as you can. anyway reverberating blow and WW will be your main dmg

as much damage stats as you can. but... zero crit and low AP mean anyway you will get 40% dmg bonus from HG + go for the eyes.

major: heavy hitter + something else

you even does not need minors. well. spirit whip for more 100-200 hits in da zerk probably

das is build. devs. read my orkish

nice variations

Edited by makkon

Discord makkon#8550

1 minute ago, makkon said:

IF it is start working on apply bleeding - well. it is still viable coz you can heal for 75*5 + zerg around*5 every X seconds which will help you get feeling what you are tanky lol.

Just tested it. I agree that if it works on applying bleeding it is strong, but as it stands right now you will heal yourself for far more during your vengeance (which caps your health anyway) and unless you continue to apply fresh new bleeds while vengeance is down, you will not heal any more than 75 per bleed application.

For context, I have 9k~ HP on a white vessel for every 5 targets I apply a bleed to, I will heal 375 HP. That amounts to less than 1 basic attack for most players.

Lets talk about an ideal situation where you are fighting 40 on 40, and you run into say a group of 10 players of that 40 you can hit. You will heal a whopping 750 HP from applying those bleeds. It is not worth it today to take that talent. If they change it to bleed ticks then we can talk.
--- 

5 minutes ago, makkon said:

anyway 6.2 is too early to even throw on live servers. not saying even to writing guides which can outdate in next patch.

conq is a no brain class. sadly. I want my vanilla berserker, frenzy and vengeance back coz it was only real factor to play it correct, perfect and prevent all players who think they can handle it away.

I don't think it is too early to put this patch up to the live servers (assuming they keep fixing bugs as they have been) - but I do agree with you on missing some of the old myrm things. Specifically I miss the way you had to make choices on the old Vengenace/Zerk + Frenzy Titan, but it's no longer in the game. Happy to commiserate in the thread about that, but I would prefer to keep the discussion on topic.

Any thoughts you have on the class are totally welcome here, but until changes are made this is the spec and the choices we need to be making to play this class at any viable level. Otherwise we're back to other more boring melee classes or ranged dps. These kinds of threads help new players and ACE evaluate their design and make improvements.

I think they should give Wind to Titan for the CC immunity and remove it from Conqueror since they're already CC immune mostly.

Then remove Death from Titan and give it to Conqueror as they could benefit from some of the life steal stuff more than Titan can. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

18 minutes ago, galvia said:

Just tested it. I agree that if it works on applying bleeding it is strong, but as it stands right now you will heal yourself for far more during your vengeance (which caps your health anyway) and unless you continue to apply fresh new bleeds while vengeance is down, you will not heal any more than 75 per bleed application.

I dont know how it is on NA (actually especially on NA coz NA is zergy sieges) but on EU even with old broken veng conq was not a tank. how you suppose to survive vs normal experienced groups without sustain?

crit is nice. but overall live server crow tree is not so deep to even think about crit chance and crit damage as a conq. there will be no legendary discs, no crit from weapon mastery. only from your badge and crafted weapon.

For context, I have 9k~ HP on a white vessel for every 5 targets I apply a bleed to, I will heal 375 HP. That amounts to less than 1 basic attack for most players.

again. I write about current situation how it works after they 'fix' it. next patch they can fix 3 more talents and 3 more majors and meta will changed.

right now 75 HP every second is a decent numbers. imo ofc.

Lets talk about an ideal situation where you are fighting 40 on 40, and you run into say a group of 10 players of that 40 you can hit. You will heal a whopping 750 HP from applying those bleeds. It is not worth it today to take that talent. If they change it to bleed ticks then we can talk.

lets talk. I will not go in as a myrmidon with 40 on 40. I will die in a 5fps lag. otherwise all you have to do is:

col-s smash -> bers -> go for eyes -> heavy hitter -> spintowin -> repeat from berserker and pray not to be focused

I don't think it is too early to put this patch up to the live servers (assuming they keep fixing bugs as they have been)

it is. ofc if they keep doing alot of fixed and keep listening, balancing. they can also does not care about fixing for a couple of years like they did before.

man. no trolling. you did a great job here. but I am very sad to see what build is almost 1-1 to my. this mean for me what ACE did a biggest fail in trying to mess everything to give us a choice which we did not get. instead of choice they cut half of main things from working classes and ruin nice ideas.

for example, in a mass pvp (in some cases) crusader-elken can do the same dmg as conq with WW just from hitting 1 skill. without staying in the fight.

but he is a real tank with block, real dps with spirit whip. range, burst heal, dot heal, buff, auras, recurrect and such. once devs will figure it out I think we can move forward with roles, classes, balances and such

Edited by makkon

Discord makkon#8550

6 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Then remove Death from Titan and give it to Conqueror as they could benefit from some of the life steal stuff more than Titan can. 

death is probably only one decent domain for a titan right now. you can get 10+10% life steal. or 10% and took something more utility/group based/etc and focus on maximazing dps with mino broken stun immunity to survive

Discord makkon#8550

8 minutes ago, makkon said:

death is probably only one decent domain for a titan right now. you can get 10+10% life steal. or 10% and took something more utility/group based/etc and focus on maximazing dps with mino broken stun immunity to survive

I like Blade Dancer for the 15% slashing pen buff and healing/AP orbs from blood price along with Stalker. With Wind I'd probably take the one with CC immunity (Freedom Fighter?) and maybe keep stalker by going Mino. Just go CC immunity to the gills. 

Felt like the Lifesteal wasn't that useful for Titan since Berserk is healing you for the most part anyways. It would pair better with the Conqueror Berserk assuming they fix it so you can self heal beyond the Berserk Cap while it's active. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

26 minutes ago, blazzen said:

I like Blade Dancer for the 15% slashing pen buff and healing/AP orbs from blood price along with Stalker. With Wind I'd probably take the one with CC immunity (Freedom Fighter?) and maybe keep stalker by going Mino. Just go CC immunity to the gills. 

Felt like the Lifesteal wasn't that useful for Titan since Berserk is healing you for the most part anyways. It would pair better with the Conqueror Berserk assuming they fix it so you can self heal beyond the Berserk Cap while it's active. 

berserker can crash. if you crash you can lifeleech abit. you know. this is usefull, since I believe (not tested, sorry) lifeleech can heal you while you are berserking to 100%. this will help at least to play in a small scale, farming and ganks as a titan. 10% of lifeleech is about 50-100 per decent strike. avg dps in a battle is about 500 with "new" titan I believe (divided by 2 6.1 dps)

but problem is design plus mechanics. you can take what you like but effectivity plus usability will win. blood price orbs is nice but it is minigame which is intertaming in a solo duel but almost impossible/time lose in a siege fight. blade dancer is nice but stalker will work better for a group coz what? It is slow plus damage and the best synergy with dps character right now is lifeleech while penetration was a mandatory in 6.1 for a melee party now this is a poop coz alot of classes get access to stronger bleeding than myrmidon or a flat unmitigateble damage or can drop your mitigation to 0 with aoe.

this is why most of the ppl for a titan will take stalker / nighstalker / blood feeder / runescarred gladiator variations (race is mino) coz this works better in every kind of situation. war is hardly required constant stable team which not everyone have all the time.

anyway in terms of any kind of game aspects I would rather take a brigant as a full replacement of the melee dps. same damage, better aoe, better sustain, have range and stealth. all stealth characters can be very comfortable for a solo, ganks, gathering.

best example or how poor design is: one ability and it is mandatory to have 2 wind/nature/humans in party coz freedom. who need conq if you can put CC immunity on a whole group?

Edited by makkon

Discord makkon#8550