Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SB customization, how? (Some ideas)

Some ideas on how to achieve what we had in SB.

1. Add weapon mastery disciplines for domains. This might be hard due to the talent system, but I believe it's possible. We had it before. Swapping trays could also mean swapping weapons which then give us new powers. 
  2. Give us attribute disciplines like in SB... Like Godly Int etc, this could also be something like armor pen, resists, crit damage, crit chance etc
  3. We need more hard choices within a domain. Right now as an archmage the most appealing choice is frost domain and within it there's about 4 max disciplines that actually make sense.
  4. We want shapeshifting disciplines which in turn would give us new powers and a new tray or same tray but it just shifts to the respective powers. Shadowbane did this really well.
  5. This doesnt have to do with customization, please please give us free city building like we have in EKs or some unique keeps/forts in strategic places. And handshake sieges.

So far, the prevailing feedback is that people like the systems changes overall, but they still feel too restricted. The question is, is the best solution to open up domains a bit more? Or to give a 3rd major slot? etc etc. I understand why they halved the Major disciplines as it made them far easier to balance by only having 2-3 abilities on each, but now at times it feels like they are a little too "thin". It almost feels like we need a 3rd major slot or a "medium" major slot to go in between Minors and Majors. 

• Opening up domains a bit more is a quick and easy start.

• I think returning Weaponry disciplines as "Race/Class Disciplines" and making a 3rd slot would be a good idea. If possible just add a 3rd major slot that is only accessible for a far more limited selection from the Discipline pool.

•  EX: As a Frostweaver I have a slot that can only be assigned to one of the 6-8 "Frostweaver" Disciplines.

• Adding Disciplines that focus on stats but give a related ability is a great idea IMHO. "Godly Might: +30 Str and Mighty Blow ability" or "Juggernaut's Defense: +30 Con and Willpower ability"  I think they work better as Major Stat + ability rather than only +Major Stat.

Ideally to me, opening up domains a bit then adding Stat Disciplines and giving a 3rd Major slot or something similar would blow the roof off of the game. You can get fancy after those steps.

Edited by Ranik
2 minutes ago, Yoink said:

Just make better, more interesting discs.

By adding another ability per disc? Another passive? Both? Examples please sir :D

Edited by Ranik
Just now, Ranik said:

By adding another ability per disc? Another passive? Both? Examples please sir :D

Discs that do more than give some filler stats, filler ability/passive. Something that changes up the way you play a class or build it

aeei5jG.png

1 minute ago, Yoink said:

Discs that do more than give some filler stats, filler ability/passive. Something that changes up the way you play a class or build it

point #1 & #4 id say accomplishes this