Find results in...

Passive Skill Training Tree - Why It Hurts the Game

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your cons are largely either speculative, ill informed, or just plain wrong. Combat training constitutes an extremely minor advantage much easier to acquire through gear which any level 1 day 1 p

That's incorrect to the point of being intentionally dishonest. I love how your first line is, "Combat training constitutes an extremely minor advantage much easier to acquire through gear which any l

This relevant in practical terms but not for this discussion. The point RobbenDumarsch is trying to make is that a player could reach that point and it makes new players less viable - which is true.

On 12/14/2020 at 9:16 PM, APE said:

ūüėĄ

I know, but could you imagine. they just went public so it was top of mind and relevant.

Edited by Omen

Eat or be eaten

1 hour ago, Jah said:

I didn't say anything like that.

The rest of your speculation is speculation.

I made a post on the community forums, seeking clarity from @jtoddcoleman himself. I’m sure he will be able to clean up any details for the both of us.

link:

Edited by Omen

Eat or be eaten

On 12/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, Omen said:

I find it funny that you think taking on a $300k low interest SBA  loan is the equivalent to 3 years development time and easily more than over $12million in direct development costs. The investors did pay for the artisan engine and the transfer of the non-exclusive rights, means that they now have a legal means of profiting from the artisan engine without the obligation to give shareholders in ArtCraft entertainment any kickbacks in the form of dividends. Ask yourself this, why would they go through the trouble of creating a whole separate entity and transferring a royalty free, irrevocable lifetime license with both unlimited sub-licensing and altering powers. It’s so they can continue building off the artisan engine and capture separate market segments (such as mobile, console, etc) and not have to share profits with the original company. They can completely rename the engine or whatever else they want. They could even partner with other companies such as Unity and perfect world and take stock options in the new entity and so on.  It’s very typical for companies to pull these shenanigans in the corporate world, it just hurts my soul to know that the people behind ArtCraft are just more of the same, willing to use corporate legalese to stealthily screw over their original followers. Now those people with preferred stock options may still get shares in both or at least the option to choose, so they are safe but the common folk of whom is the majority will most likely be shortchanged in the sum of billions (assuming a unity software like trajectory) when all is said and done. 

I find it funny that someone who has never been in one of the shareholders meetings, a thing investors get to participate in, and apparently does not recognize that the majority of the money raised did not come from players. Most came from accredited investors with the same shareholder access, stock, and voting rights as all the founders and public/player investors have.

I'm glad your trying to look out for my investment and all, but I think your concerns about "not have to share profits with the original company" when that everyone has exactly the same type of stock, AND they went to a great deal of trouble to include players that do not meet the qualification of accredited investors which would have been far easier to do,  are entirely without merit.

I seriously doubt your going to get an answer to that post if your not an investor yourself, and if you were an investor you would already have a less public channel to ask that question in the first place. 

Linda listen, divestitures happen for many, many reasons but when they happen in this way; with the assumption of the smallest amount of debt, making a royalty free exchange of your greatest asset, and no announced share transfer, it means they are preparing to file bankruptcy (or extreme underperformance), and creating a separate company without all the heavy obligations of the former. In any case, it limits or eliminates any gain from common shareholders of the parent company.

I’m very curious what we will learn around May of next year when they release their quarterly. And honestly the couple quarterlies after launch.

Eat or be eaten

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

What does this mean? Who is Linda?

I suspect it was calling me out, without calling me out, so wouldn't violate the TOS and get a strike. 

Or just trying get my goat, which really bothers me because I like my goat right where it is. 

1 hour ago, RhapsodyDownpour said:

Ape, I love that you're still here. 

Same. I have a ton of respect for Ape.

But guys, just look at what has happened with Astellia Online and Astellia Royale. The dang near identical thing was done with Barunson and Studio 8. The same with Bless and Bless Unleashed in regards to Neowiz and round 8 studio. And on and on and on... It bugs the crap out of me that people don't see the same pattern with Crowfall. I'd be so upset if I was an investor and I realized that the company I was investing in was using a backdoor to keep me from sharing in most of the profits. People don't realize how huge the international market is compared to just NA. Why do people just accept socks and refuse to fight back? Is it ignorance? Is it complacency? It bugs the crap out of me that people refuse to atleast acknowledge it.

Eat or be eaten

On 12/16/2020 at 7:57 PM, KrakkenSmacken said:

I find it funny that someone who has never been in one of the shareholders meetings, a thing investors get to participate in, and apparently does not recognize that the majority of the money raised did not come from players. Most came from accredited investors with the same shareholder access, stock, and voting rights as all the founders and public/player investors have.

I'm glad your trying to look out for my investment and all, but I think your concerns about "not have to share profits with the original company" when that everyone has exactly the same type of stock, AND they went to a great deal of trouble to include players that do not meet the qualification of accredited investors which would have been far easier to do,  are entirely without merit.

I seriously doubt your going to get an answer to that post if your not an investor yourself, and if you were an investor you would already have a less public channel to ask that question in the first place. 

without merit? are you serious? The fact that they went through all the trouble to create a separate company and then transfer the license to it, gives the questions merit. 

I suppose only time will tell, but if you think they did it to benefit the common stock holders, then I'd say you are being a bit delusional.

Eat or be eaten

4 hours ago, Jah said:

LOL, dude.

I also said underperformance. It may seem extreme but it is a possibility and is a common move that companies due to survive after a catastrophic failure. One of the possibilities is that they expect Crowfall to be on life support, right from the start and have already started taken steps to prepare for it's shutdown and the second being they intend to sell the licensing/developing/publishing rights internationally and domestically through the other entity.

I'm open to a more positive scenario for the creation of the company and the transfer of rights, but I've asked multiple times and haven't received one yet. It's not against the law to provide such information, so I don't see why not.

Edited by Omen

Eat or be eaten

I gave up on inputting ideas for Crowfall as I'm not an investor, and as they say,  money talks, poorly made dergs walks. So I feel my opinions are just piss in the wind, without money to back up my words. The passive tree is just a bad idea. I don't want to have to wait to in order to help people. I thought Crowfall was supposed to be an Instant-Action MMO, where you made your character, did a small amount of grinding for gear then go in and tear things up. Now it's turned into this grindy blob that I no longer recognize. I got my $50 out of the game, I'm gonna playtest it this weekend, if I don't like it, then I'll shelf it probably until release. Kinda burnt out on MMO's right now. Cyberpunk has chewed up a lot of my time anyway, but figured I'd give it a break and check out CF's progress and right now I simply don't like it. 

I wished we had BDO's leveling system, get it done and out the way, then just go PvP or farm mobs to get decent gear and contest players for grinding spots or something. Would be fun, not whatever....this is currently. The passive skill tree cripples everyone who wants to make actual progress on the first day of release and I hate to say it, I really hate to say it, but now Crowfall is falling behind. Pantheon, Rise of the Fallen is shaping up to be the next MMO I check out and if the devs for CF don't start throwing their weight around, people are going to flock to Pantheon and CF will be dead on arrival, they're about to hit their Pre-Alpha stage. How long has CF been under development now?

2020 has been a pretty bad year and CF could've gained some ground here by handing out keys or having a free weekend or something, anything to generate a little bit of hype. I haven't seen anything from Crowfall in the last 6 months to a year. I ask my friends about the game, they don't even know what I am talking about. But if I bring up Pantheon, they already know. C'mon CF, I know you guys can stick your necks out there. Just don't get chopped. I want to see CF succeed so badly it hurts. I have more to say, but I need my tea first.

Edited by RhapsodyDownpour
  • 5 months later...

On April 28, ArtCraft filed to terminate their SEC reporting commitments. Can any investor's attended the meetings help enlighten us?

Eat or be eaten