Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.200 LIVE Feedback for 11/12/2020

6.200 LIVE Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to LIVE Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was pumped when this hit live. Hit it pretty hard. Only to realize that getting crafting online in no way enhances the fun you can have in CF. We have hundreds of combined man hours into harvesting

I see where you're going here, but piling everyone in to dregs is not the answer. That environment is simply not well suited for a large portion of the game's population. Whether you like it or not, i

So, a suggestion  Anyway we can have friendly Color Tornadoes, for heals and what not? maybe a light green or something? Because having orange Tornadoes going out from both sides, seems some issues fr

Feedback on Myrmidon change to Berserk:

Increasing the Berserk downtime by 50% (from 4 sec to 6 sec) is a massive nerf to myrmidons. I hope you will take another look on this change and reevaluate it. Or atleast give an explanation to why you changed it.

Any other class, who knows how Myrm works, will make a quick fight of it.

• Hungry Debuff will now remove and/or prevent the dined buffs from being on the Eternal Crow.

does this mean you cant use foods that give "dined" buffs? or if you had a dined buff it gets rid of it? either or whats the reason for this?

if anything if you have the dined buff it should prevent the hunger meter from going down or at least slow it down

8 minutes ago, senzu.bean said:

Increasing the Berserk downtime by 50% (from 4 sec to 6 sec) is a massive nerf to myrmidons. I hope you will take another look on this change and reevaluate it. Or atleast give an explanation to why you changed it.

So the idea here is that it reduces the number of times you have to mitigate crash per minute from 5 times (5x12s cooldown) to 3 times (3x18s cooldown rounded) in an attempt to give you more chances to mitigate it using raging bull and potentially group CC immunity combinations, things like that. If you look at it from that perspective it is a buff.

The downside is that if you miss a partial crash you are now hung out to dry for longer without immunity, and you can still die to a full crash anyway like normal without an optimal setup. Without mino 360 degrees stun immunity or half giant barriers the class takes far too much damage and is too easy to control - which is why most of us are playing Conq and just passing the bar of effectiveness.

I don't know how to fix the class without taking away the fun-factor of Berserk and how it works now. When you mitigate a crash you FEEL INCREDIBLE. But in some ways, to match up to other easier and better classes you feel like you are owed that mitigation. Maybe make raging bull do something more than mitigate crash, or reduce it's cost to 750 or 500 or something so that we can live through a fight (assuming you can live through 6s of focus that you'll receive).

Tough stuff.

I was pumped when this hit live. Hit it pretty hard. Only to realize that getting crafting online in no way enhances the fun you can have in CF. We have hundreds of combined man hours into harvesting and crafting since Monday. I doubt we are 1% of the way closer to actually having crafting online in the way we did before the belt items and crafting souls change.

You didn't add active progression. You made things much much worse and then put in a terrible grind just to get back to where we were before you made things worse.

Grinding mats to make crap items (that have no use outside of vendor trash) at a super inflated cost isn't fun. It's torture.

We have a few brand new players in the guild. Wide eyed and excited about the game. Spirit crushed the minute they ask about crafting and passive trees. Because the simple answer is, if you were not here at the start you have 0 business crafting.

Winning your game is not fun. Playing to win is a painful chore. It's an exercise in stubbornness and self harm.

aeei5jG.png

I was just reminded that we're supposed to have extra character slots unlocked for certain backer packages - when can we expect those to be activated? It's not a big issue or anything, but it would be helpful when testing out different builds.

P.S. Grr Winterblades.

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

More comments on Berserk's current design.

People do not use Berserk as a tool, they use it so that they can deal competitive damage. The fact that it makes you survivable in this patch is a secondary gift/curse.

When you do get focused (as high damage classes do) it is too difficult to survive under pressure when you compare yourself to other melee classes of a similar role. That is why people complain about crashing and the ways to mitigate it, and the change to merging berserk into one ability modified by promotion.

No other class in Crowfall functions this way. No other class needs to trade how it deals competitive damage for its survivability mechanic. Every other class also has an ultimate worthy of the name - something that can change the outcome of a fight. Raging Bull is a get-out-of-crash-free card and that's it.

Something has to change with that design to make it functional. You can either appease people and make them crash less or you can change the design of the berserk mechanic entirely. The mechanic needs to be equitable in the real world, not on the spreadsheet.

You need to raise the thorns cap. With knight the retribution strike gives 50 thorns, and redirected strike increases it by 60. the cap is literally 75 so those 2 together you easily hit over the cap, this isnt even including damage bonus and the talent Full Strength. There is no point in taking those talents if it cant go over 75 together. It feels like secutor went from a fun playstyle in the sense of having almost if not the most buttons and combos in the game to a thorn tank bot while being limited to the thorn cap itself. Also the fact that you could just go sentinel and not allow them to attack is just better in itself. Secutor has lost its identity. Yes it gets more defensive stats than Sentinel but it has become a thornbot. Why take thorns which in turn causes you to take damage when you can just cc people and not take damage. I see it as a reasonable thing in blob fights or big group fights but no one is going to focus a knight in those fights anyway. Atm besides the thorn buff in secutor, you are basically trading 1500 health and 15% damage mitigation cap for more cc. the tradeoff is definitely not worth it in 1v1 and small group pvp and even in small group/large group pvp, who is going to target the tank. There is literally no reason to pick secutor knight over anything else atm. In the end you're basically taking cc vs a small damage being reflected back at the attacker. The difference is that cc means you are not taking damage and damage reflection is still taking damage. Meaning i will take less damage as a sentinel because they will be doing less damage due to the cc, than i will be taking as a secutor with all the extra defense and thorns. As far as the damage goes, in the end it all depends on if they are damaging me or not. If i am ganking people then it doesnt matter if they're attacking me if they're cc'd.  My point is that a sentinel can do just as much if not more damage than a secutor by ccing people and taking less damage in the process.

Edited by Kaoz
Just adding more.

The current state of the Confessor ultimate power is less of an "ultimate" and more of just another power on their toolbar.

I'm seeing fights where they can use it at-will with no cooldown and it's ready to use again before they even come back out of stealth. Is that really an "Ultimate" ability??

Still super bummed by Strength in Numbers. It has so much potential to introduce a different kind of playstyle and healer (frontline melee take damage). It just is not worth it. The opportunity cost of not costing my other heals is never worth it. It is post-block, it is unaffected by healing bonus, it cannot crit. It needs to be pre-block mitigation calculated, take it back down to 20%, let it be affected by healing bonus, and allow it to crit.

Unless you do some of those things it will never, ever be worth using, let alone the opportunity cost of the talent pathway.

3 hours ago, Yoink said:

I was pumped when this hit live. Hit it pretty hard. Only to realize that getting crafting online in no way enhances the fun you can have in CF. We have hundreds of combined man hours into harvesting and crafting since Monday. I doubt we are 1% of the way closer to actually having crafting online in the way we did before the belt items and crafting souls change.

You didn't add active progression. You made things much much worse and then put in a terrible grind just to get back to where we were before you made things worse.

Grinding mats to make crap items (that have no use outside of vendor trash) at a super inflated cost isn't fun. It's torture.

We have a few brand new players in the guild. Wide eyed and excited about the game. Spirit crushed the minute they ask about crafting and passive trees. Because the simple answer is, if you were not here at the start you have 0 business crafting.

Winning your game is not fun. Playing to win is a painful chore. It's an exercise in stubbornness and self harm.

QFT. Passive training and crafting mechanics are in bad, bad shape. Outside of performance, I think I am most worried about crafter burnout. It was bad, now it's much worse. In many ways, I think they are suffering from a sunk cost fallacy. So much of the crafting system is frustratingly bad, it needs a massive simplification & turn to activity out in the world to replace it. Because after the crafters burnout, the PvPers will craft for themselves for about two days, then quit too.

We need thralls, we need blueprints, we need disenchanting, we need lots of important changes. And the population retention speaks repeatedly to these problems over the years. We had 20 for about a month (pre crafting), now we are down in the 5-7 range. We got 2 players to come back when 6.2 hit Live. This upcoming dregs will tell us all we need to know about the state of the game.

Edited by McTan

Suggestion for new Major to give a bit more options for Mainly wardens

Ranger Disc

Trapper
Stats
- 5/10/15/20% Trap damage
- 25/50/75/100 AP (Can swap this one out probaly with crit if you wanted)

Grants Passive
- Adds bleed to traps (Serrated trap minor)
- Adds burn to traps (Explosive trap minor)

This is to give rangers (Warden) the option to free up 2 minor disc in exchange of a major.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

20 hours ago, Yoink said:

this has also made a lot of people to not play. we thought 6.2 was gonna be the "god" patch but i feel like every time we think that we just get disappointed. i'm sure we'll be hyped for 6.3 to just feel the same again haha

BUT here we are still playing. we might gripe a lot but its because of the fact that we want the game to succeed. been playing for 3 years as my main game and its not even out yet.

what i really find ironic is that i'll complain and gripe about changes ACE makes or just lazy coding. but then if some new player comes in here bashing the game i get defensive haha. its like a sibling, i pick on them and make fun but if someone else does i get all defensive

Looks like EK editing (adding parcels) is not working as explained in game.

After putting a parcel validating the change does nothing. Only if the start point is moved does some loading screen appears, stuck on "Loading Zone" and sometimes giving the auto logout popup. It could be fun but my toon inventory is full of parcels and I get an error message when trying to put them bank in the vault.

Also, dying because the start point has been moved is a bummer.

Feedback...

you have made crafting about as much fun as stabbing a needle in my eye. This new system is absolutely ridiculous. What on earth would make you think this was good ??? too many late night covid meetings and someone at the 4am hour said"hey i got a great idea".... I hope you make drop gear really good, because you just killed crafting.

Artboardweps.png

• ACE-Tiggs unpinned and locked this topic