Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.200 LIVE Feedback for 11/12/2020

The crafting change wouldn't be quite so bad if the belt slot was given with a green crafting discipline, rather than a blue one.  The major headache is the sheer amount of resources that crafters have to go through (making gear that is not desired by anyone, because they can farm better drops) before they get the benefits locked away in the belts.  It's a ton of materials due to not having discounts, in order to get the 3 dropped knowledges, plus 12,000 gold for the domination dust, plus 3000 gold for the belt.  Which they're too busy crafting worthless gear to go out and farm the gold.

And when you do get the blue discipline, you're in for another dilemma.  Do you slot that into a white vessel for now, or do you wait until your group's necromancers can go through this process and get better vessels for you first?  Which delays the entire group's progress even more.

It would be less of an issue if this whole gateway was set to the green discipline, so after 1 drop and 7k gold, you could get the belt.  Even if you have to spread out some of the stats on belt tiers, give us that initial recipe discount early so we aren't grinding our crafters and gatherers to death.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was pumped when this hit live. Hit it pretty hard. Only to realize that getting crafting online in no way enhances the fun you can have in CF. We have hundreds of combined man hours into harvesting

I see where you're going here, but piling everyone in to dregs is not the answer. That environment is simply not well suited for a large portion of the game's population. Whether you like it or not, i

So, a suggestion  Anyway we can have friendly Color Tornadoes, for heals and what not? maybe a light green or something? Because having orange Tornadoes going out from both sides, seems some issues fr

Specific resists on Minor discplines (e.g. 3% Crushing Resist on Sturdy) are not really a consideration when choosing those discs - you would only take such minors if the other passive/active is something you want. The X% Physical/Elemental/Organic on other discs are fine.

:^)

1 minute ago, coolster50 said:

Is it possible to auto-equip the starter weapons when you enter God's Reach on a lvl 1 vessel? Most other games don't require you to equip your weapons at the start (and the ones that do are more hand-holdy on how to equip gear). Might make the newbie experience a little bit better.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Some Duelist Feedback:

The class isn't in a very good place. This feedback is from the perspective of a rapier duelist.

Overall Class Issues:

1. Placing tunnel and recon on minors cut two iconic abilities for the class. These aren't hard choices; they're not fun choices. 

Let rat knights and clerics spend minors on these, but make it baseline for Duelist

2. No stealth openers outside of the talent tree. Improved openers can be in the tree, but a basic opener would be swell. 

3. The Pepperbox utility split broke the ability. Its less obvious for slayer but as a rapier using duelist, the ability isn't fun to use.

One way to keep it from being oppressive would be to increase the cool down, and add an aoe combo point spender to the Slayer. 

4. Rapier combo point generation is clunky and leads to the class not flowing in a fun or interesting manner.

Allowing combo points to bank beyond 5, making discipline abilities not consume combo points, and readding the flintlock reset to all duelists would go a long way in helping this issue.

5. Inconceivable isn't a fun design. Being balanced around an RNG ability on a class that doesn't have strong combo point generation feels bad.

I would get rid of the ability all together and tie the buffs into skills. An example would be every ability you use that consumes five combo points gives you a buff. 

Vanguard Scout:

1. Class does very low damage. Impale feels anemic and pepperbox is a wet noddle. The damage needs to be upped by a significant margin. Make me want to use those abilities. Maybe have every 3  targets you crowd control grant a shadow pip that reduces the cool down on stealth. Tie something stealth related into this spec. 

2. Class has nothing unique that makes it interesting. If this is the case it will either be the best among many and played, or not the best and sidelined. 

Dirge:

1. Survivability for the spec is atrocious. Plate armor-especially at current levels-is about 5% better than leather. If the survivability of the class is based around having 6 months of training the class will always be bad. A lack of block or parry further cements the class being squishy. Make the class take either reduced damage-this is op-or tie survivability into redirect pain. 

2. Pepperbox armor pen debuff is lack luster. Its clunky, and isn't interesting. As a dirge I don't want to spend 5 combo points on inconceivable, 5 combo points on redirect pain, 5 combo points on pepperbox just to get one impale. 

If there was a way to purchase an in-game item with gold that would reset talent points I would probably keep playing. I don't want to level up another of the same character just because I wasn't happy with a discipline choice. I understand not having this item in release, but for testing phase I hope that you allow us to swap out talent points without much effort...

8 minutes ago, McTan said:

There's just, I don't know. A lot wrong with the game. I really hope you figure it out, truly. The world is so incredibly empty it's very disheartening. As a group of 3-5 what are we supposed to do? Can ACE answer that question?

I recommended that they take siege timers off of Forts but keep them for Keeps. What do you think of that? That might encourage more group PvP.

• The UI is really weird. It feels like stuff takes up too much space, and I'd love to be able to be running around and interacting with the UI at the same time. The bank window UI is even more weird, because it's light themed when everything else is dark.
  • Combat feels kinda clunky, not sure what the point of moving around is with lots of monsters, if I can only dodge their AOEs and not their normal attacks? It felt like it'd be more efficient to just hold left click.
  • The quest where the pigs had to follow you was super clunky, and it wasn't obvious where you had to hand it in (my fault partially), so I ran way too far then had to run all the way back.
  • Running feels too slow, or there's too much distance between things, not sure which.
  • Why does my hotbar disappear when I open the inventory? That feels really annoying, because to put things on the hotbar, I've gotta hit an extra button to get that to show up (with the spellbook). It feels like the UI is just all huge for no reason, as if it's designed for 720p screens.
  • I played as assassin, why are there different skills available in/out of stealth? that feels pointless. Surely I should be able to initiate with anything out of stealth? Also, why are the other core assassin skills not available in stealth?
  • Why is garrote called that? the action looks nothing like garroting something would actually look.
Edited by Demitas

In 6.1, I was developing my vessel list, deciding what my fav discipline set up was, and getting to know the classes that I was into.

6.2 broke my list tremendously, now with Major Disciplines like Arcane Archer no longer accessible to my particular knight build, which I envisioned a plate wearing tower archer that could switch out to sword/board when the fight got close since day one of the Kickstarter!). I can still take Sharpshooter, but only one discipline associated instead of two feels like that action tray is even more restricted, arbitrarily so.  

I love the flavor of Naiad and would love to see more water powers, not just ice. The new restrictions on this one since 6.2 seem unnecessary too as it broke the Frostweaver build I was going for. More water element, less fall back on ice! 

Discipline shopping is still egregious.  Given there's no reliable wiki or central site to read up on all of the current disciplines (major, explore, minor), we're left with the classic design faux pas, mystery meat navigation. Forcing the user to mouse over rows of allegedly important powers to further customize their builds is a painful show stopper, especially considering that the Earth Temple world doesn't even present them all. While it's nice you're given your first for free, a textual prompt that this is just a curated list seems apt. Curated is fine for starting out and experimenting, but not knowing unless you perused a 3rd party wiki to discover there are others out there isn't a good look. Some players are coming to have specific experiences and if a game touts incredible customization, they want you to prove it. Showing a list of thumbnails with similar looking glyphs is pretty, but meaningless to new players just starting out or coming back from not playing for months. It's bad for retention. I am thankful they are at least presented alphabetically, but including a name plate just below the glyph or providing an alternate list view would do wonders for the shopping experience.

Was Bard removed? Will it be coming back? That's another example of a discipline that appears supported through the Music domain, yet it's not in the available list of ones to purchase. Why or why not?

Character creation: please, please provide tool tips for race and class selection. I understand what a myrmidon is, but can I adequately differentiate that from a champion enough to explain it to a new player without having played either? eh... And besides arbitrary/lore-centric reasoning, why at this earliest point of vessel creation should I choose a half-elf over a wood or high elf? What incentive or penalty are they given over the others? Will having horse legs actually let me run faster? If I have wings, do I get the ability to fly or glide? No way of knowing in the current iteration. Arguably, this is still a form of mystery meat navigation as above.

Edited by Meridian

Meridian
[TG] The Guardians | Discord: Meridian#7510 | No, not that Meridian.

Suggestions to make the Sanctifier promotion useful and fun.

Sanctifier is still very weak in practice compared to the other Confessor promotions, and still largely incapable of fulfilling its role as a close range Battle Mage due to problems with sustain and application of its skills. I believe Sanctifier has interesting potential as a unique dedicated PbAoE spec, but to make this happen it needs some help. To that end I have the following suggestions:

• Remove root from Condemnation, and reduce its base cost by 15%. - This skill is far more important to the melee range sanctifier and it can not be used used effectively with the self root. Cost reduction tracks with weapon finesse, as the cost of this power feels egregious for the heavy use it experiences on Sanctifier without it.
  • Add a weak 15m PbAoE damage pulse component to Fervor that stacks sin. - This allows the AoE short range sanctifier to more easily stack sin for its own Condemnation, as well as create unique synergy with other sin users as a "front line" unit. This allows us to keep the short-range nature of the auto without also tying us to the significant problems that range creates with sin generation, and has interesting meta effects that may encourage players to actively avoid this version of Fervor, which is in the spirit of the Sanctifier's Fervor buffs and overall theme.
  • Change Fervor's resist profile to include all damage types, and add stun/knockdown immunity to it. - Again, Fervor is a massive weakpoint of the spec, needing to often be used while in the midst of many enemies due to its short range. I think there is value in the focused, channeled, self root nature of the skill as a confessor staple for its resource mechanics, but it is often far easier to hit a confessor using it with ranged skills, and it often functions as a giant "stun me" magnet for the copius amount of melee range stuns, often leaving the Sanctifier with no clear response to CC after its spent its mana bar. By adding CC immunity and normalizing its resists to all damage types, the Sanctifier is no longer hilariously easy to lock down and starve at its normal combat range just by knocking it out of Fervor.
  • Change the Personal Damage Modifier bonus on Fervor to HEAVY Personal Healing Modifier bonus - Part of what makes Inquisitor fun is that you WANT to hit fervor for party heals in stead of merely feeling that you're FORCED to hit it for mana. Part of what makes Fanatic fun is that you WANT to hit Fervor for the damage bonus. Sanctifiers never WANT to hit Fervor because it still fundamentally just creates a big kick me sign as it does on the base class despite the defensive buffs. Sanctifiers should WANT to hit Fervor just as other Confessors do. For the sanctifier, running out of mana requires you to either soak a bunch of damage (although reduced) or get well out of your combat range, enact a long channel, and then somehow get back in to combat range wasting a ton of other movement resources and time. Neither of these things is fun, and neither of these things is something you want to do as a planned action that competes with the opportunity cost of blowing your mana regen as it does on the other specs. Changing its bonus to a heavy PHM buff should functionally increase its sustain to levels found on other "heavy" templates, but with a unique group dependent flair that retains the squishier nature of a caster class. This changes the skill from a "kick me" sign to a "heal me" sign, and allows the Sanctifier to make opportunistic decisions in the heat of combat by targeting aoe healing fields or even speccing to create their own for more dynamic and interesting play.

I believe these changes retain the positional and resource management play that makes confessor unique, maintain the unique "Battlemage" flair of the Sanctifier promotion, and solve the most glaring weaknesses of the spec without homogenizing it with other melee heavies or confessor specs.

Edited by PopeUrban
Changed a typo where I typed "PDM" and meant to type "PHM"

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

5 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

I believe these changes retain the positional and resource management play that makes confessor unique, maintain the unique "Battlemage" flair of the Sanctifier promotion, and solve the most glaring weaknesses of the spec without homogenizing it with other melee heavies or confessor specs.

I like those suggestions.

Heal from Condemnation doesn't seem to be based on how much damage it deals, would make it a flat heal triggered on hits instead anyways.
And change the already short range LMB to look like a whip to absolve those sins in a more traditional way. 

I plan on writing up a bigger post about Crowfall "tank" issues but for now ill focus on minor announces related specifically to the Myrmidon skills and Talents.

Berserk - I feel like this foundational ability for the Myrmidon still does not have a solid direction. As others stated it is currently in this odd middle ground between life sustain and a DPS increase. Berserk by nature should feel like a Risk vs reward defined by the subclass not because of the horrible crashing mechanic. The risk should come from using the ability itself. Remove the Crash concept completely.

Titan -

• You want it to be a damage increase. It is Berserk after all and you are in a damaging build. Berserk should give you a damage buff and possibly increase damage taken. The damage buff it gives you should be something that people are afraid of. It should be a KILL IT NOW OR IT WILL KILL US type of ability for the Titan. At the risk of taking more damage. Think of it as a temporary Glass Cannon button.
  • Whirlwind is actually in a good place for the Titan, the stacking buff makes sense and works well with the sub-class.
  • Neck Slash is also in a good place for the Titan as it allows for Neck Slash to be used more in the regular DPS rotation.

Conqueror -

• You are the CC Machine and Berserk should emphasize this. Grant increased movement speed, attackers periodically are stunned, attacks periodically slow. At the risk of massively reduced damage. The Conqueror isn't here to win the battle they are here to win the war and they do that with strategy and controlling every aspect of each fight.
  • Whirlwind should not grant CC immunity it should apply a CC to all targets. Possible a knock down or a slow.
  • Neck Slash as a suppression works well with the sub-class.

Battlerager -

• I  plan to write a long post about the issues surrounding all of the Melee Defense specs in this game but ill start simply here with Myrm. The Battlerager is a raid boss. He is a monolith of a creature on the battlefield, lumbering into each fight like an unkillable demon. Using Berserk on a Battlerager should grant %life gain from all targets within 30meter range that are bleeding, grant lifesteal, and grant % health from all incoming damage. At the risk of massive speed reduction and ability cooldown increase. When I think of the Battlerager as a glacier slowly crushing the battlefield.
  • Whirlwind - Grants CC immunity. This fits much better with the concept of the battlerager
  • Neck Slash - Mitigates a % of all incoming damage.

Talents

• Gift of Blood - This needs to be changed to work like the Tasty Passive - Grant Lifesteal when attacking Bleeding Targets.
  • Tough Hide - This talent is only worth having if you take [Gift of Blood] which in its current implantation is a buggy and needs changed.
  • Bloody Swipe / Gore - This skill is on the bottom of the tree focused on defensive aspects. The Leap forward is still a great attack and worth having as a closer... Gore needs reworked... Instead of giving 10% basic attack damage give damage reduction based on basic attack. Myrms need a defensive ability and this is a great way of integrating one into an initiating type ability.
  • Indomitable - Grant a to 250 shield based for each enemy within 30meters and increase the total vessel health.
  • Pitiless - Crushing Damage and Crushing Cap 5%, Slashing Damage and Cap 5%, Control Intensity 25%. (Not just hard control, all control intensity, reduce bonus damage)
  • Audacity - Stat Adjustments - Resist all 10%, Crowd Control Defense 30%, Final Mit Cap 10%. (this is a tank stop giving damage)
Edited by Nym
1 hour ago, Koerpermilch said:

I like those suggestions.

Heal from Condemnation doesn't seem to be based on how much damage it deals, would make it a flat heal triggered on hits instead anyways.
And change the already short range LMB to look like a whip to absolve those sins in a more traditional way. 

Heal from Condemnation scales off of support power

Frost Guard -
-Ice Block should give mana back. With the recent mana changes I feel like Ice Block should return mana. I am starved for mana, most of the time and shouldn't have to spec "Chill Out" just to play this promotion. Also, giving us some ice might be a good option too.

-I don't feel "Incredibly tough" as a Frostguard. I feel like this promotion should feel more solid than it does now. Maybe increase the PDM on the "Frozen Solid" Talent or make it so Frost Armor Buffs me more when I get it (but maybe not my allies when they get it).

Edited by Bzra
More ideas.

Changing stable ice to cost 200 mana and not consuming the ice isn't the best change. Yes we can fill ice stores easier now without having to dump all of it out.

But what this does is not let us use ice stores when dropping stable ice to use it to convert to any of the other ice. You basically reverted part of the frostweaver mechanic.

For example... there's a breach in a wall. I don't wanna drop frigid ice in the breach because enemies can see it. I'd rather drop stable ice and as soon as they go through the breach use my freezing blast to convert it to frigid for a trap. If  I have ice stores it's not using it up, but instead using mana. Now I'm out of mana to do anything else.

Another example is dropping shatter storm, and dropping stable inside the storm for mass volatile. Well now I need to use mana.

Basically the change you made was a workaround, and lazy. Instead give frostweaver some sort of passive ice store regen

14 minutes ago, yianni said:

Changing stable ice to cost 200 mana and not consuming the ice isn't the best change. Yes we can fill ice stores easier now without having to dump all of it out.

But what this does is not let us use ice stores when dropping stable ice to use it to convert to any of the other ice. You basically reverted part of the frostweaver mechanic.

For example... there's a breach in a wall. I don't wanna drop frigid ice in the breach because enemies can see it. I'd rather drop stable ice and as soon as they go through the breach use my freezing blast to convert it to frigid for a trap. If  I have ice stores it's not using it up, but instead using mana. Now I'm out of mana to do anything else.

Another example is dropping shatter storm, and dropping stable inside the storm for mass volatile. Well now I need to use mana.

Basically the change you made was a workaround, and lazy. Instead give frostweaver some sort of passive ice store regen

Drop Cooling Ice

They can't see that either

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

• ACE-Tiggs unpinned and locked this topic