Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.200 LIVE Feedback for 11/12/2020


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Bzra said:

Frost Guard -
-Ice Block should give mana back. With the recent mana changes I feel like Ice Block should return mana. I am starved for mana, most of the time and shouldn't have to spec "Chill Out" just to play this promotion.

-I don't feel "Incredibly tough" as a Frostguard. I feel like this promotion should feel more solid than it does now. Maybe increase the PDM on the "Frozen Solid" Talent or make it so Frost Armor Buffs me more when I get it (but maybe not my allies when they get it).

Ice Block is utter useless unless trying to get some decent footage of your allies dying.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was pumped when this hit live. Hit it pretty hard. Only to realize that getting crafting online in no way enhances the fun you can have in CF. We have hundreds of combined man hours into harvesting

I see where you're going here, but piling everyone in to dregs is not the answer. That environment is simply not well suited for a large portion of the game's population. Whether you like it or not, i

So, a suggestion  Anyway we can have friendly Color Tornadoes, for heals and what not? maybe a light green or something? Because having orange Tornadoes going out from both sides, seems some issues fr

Primetime East Coast, Saturday: Dregs - 62, Infected - 27, God's Reach - 102.

The notion of protected leveling is fine. You don't want lowbie to get ganked. But part of making a living MMO world that people virtually live in is that every nearly activity we do should be done in the corner of the world we carved out.

This style of city ownership is not working. We need plant and build choices. We need maintenance costs.

This style of city sieging is not working. We need high cost investment for siege initiation.

This style of chopped up risk/reward is not working. We need a single server after noob island. Boot a vessel after it hits level 15 to dregs.

Imports do not work. Give us rewards that apply to our vessels, and vessels penetrate the no import shield. This should be the epitome of the loop. Give us a damage bonus additive or heal bonus additive or so on and so on, and let us put it on a body and bring it to the campaigns. You have taken the boogeyman of Uncle Bob to do so many things, but the issue of importing stacks and stack of poorly made dergs has somehow made it past.

The world is empty and boring, and the star of your show - 5v5 to 15v15 fights - are sidelined by there being no relevant thing to accomplish. When we have had them the game absolutely shines, it's unbelievably fun. But we are making them happen just for the joy of PvP, as opposed to fighting over anything that we all want.

Even these cool fights with DIS by the heralds have been joyless afterward because they can respawn so close and get back there is no way for us to actually win the herald. 

Edited by McTan
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Drop Cooling Ice

They can't see that either

 

thats counterintuitive. it's easier to drop stable ice into shatter storm than trying to free weave cool ice. it's a waste of time going through the combo. and at that point shatter storm would be halfway over if not more

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, McTan said:

This style of chopped up risk/reward is not working. We need a single server after noob island. Boot a vessel after it hits level 15 to dregs.

that might be harsh, especially for new players. but then again shadowbane did it and it worked

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yianni said:

that might be harsh, especially for new players. but then again shadowbane did it and it worked

Yes, it will be harsh. But if the world that they go to when they are 30 is completely empty and dead, so will be the game. I'm done pulling punches with ACE, they are too split between PvE safety risk mitigation and PvP MMO steeped in risk. Pick one (hint: the game has no chance as a PvE game).

For god's sake green minor disciplines are coming from the level 5 guinea camp in God's reach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, McTan said:

clip

And 1/5 to 1/4 of your dregs population is in safe temples that for some reason we have to bind to and all teleport in and out of the world all over the place. And for some reason there is a player city, as opposed to wanting our vendors in our keep and managing them there. I just can't believe how of the few ideas that worked brilliantly well in Shadowbane, you've replicated none of them and improved on none of them.

Edited by McTan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Make forts all open for three straight hours. Let them be king of the hill and keep track of how long each guild owns each one. At the end of three hours, distribute the day's worth of winnings by proportion held. No winner-takes-all. Make the big alliances split up and contest many things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, yianni said:

that might be harsh, especially for new players. but then again shadowbane did it and it worked

I dont think that would fly. Dregs is suicide if you arent in a group and losing all your loot on death is insta alt+F4 to me.

Like said before there isnt objective to do there even. At least I can farm gold or some organs for now on infected by myself and just kinda zone out and simply enjoy the random fights. Better than me not playing at all. Requiring a group to farm is annoying, and with alliances broken often impossible when im online.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2020 at 3:38 AM, weaponsx said:

Feedback...

you have made crafting about as much fun as stabbing a needle in my eye. This new system is absolutely ridiculous. What on earth would make you think this was good ??? too many late night covid meetings and someone at the 4am hour said"hey i got a great idea".... I hope you make drop gear really good, because you just killed crafting.

atleast blacksmithing is half the material cost than woodworking to make those weapons to get a chance :P

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Link to post
Share on other sites

Swordman obliterate should have 10m radius, cause even if each bleed is critical 5m is too small to be efficient especially for a three-step combo, compared to dagger storm for example which got 6m (already more than 5) and is instant spell it's really too weak in group fight imo. 

@Tiggs is it possible to think of a way not to have so many bug and feedback posts, we get lost and we don't necessarily know if it corresponds to the right version of the game, ty in advance 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting Knowledge of the Armourcraft is ridiculous, so many wasted resources for nothing, ive still drawn a blank after 18 items made. This grind which is also behind an awful passive system will help kill the game. My suggestion would be on the crafting and harvesting passive trees, make it so you can move along after only spending 1 pip per nod instead of 4, at least then you could specialize faster. Also the 3 minors in crafting should be unlocked in each crafting tree when you 5 pip the first nod.

Harvesting still needs a massive boost, time spent doing any harvesting isnt worth the reward. General harvesting needs to be on even terms then refining caravan or fort goods.

Edited by Fefner
updating number of items made til i get one
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, McTan said:

Primetime East Coast, Saturday: Dregs - 62, Infected - 27, God's Reach - 102.

The notion of protected leveling is fine. You don't want lowbie to get ganked. But part of making a living MMO world that people virtually live in is that every nearly activity we do should be done in the corner of the world we carved out.

This style of city ownership is not working. We need plant and build choices. We need maintenance costs.

This style of city sieging is not working. We need high cost investment for siege initiation.

This style of chopped up risk/reward is not working. We need a single server after noob island. Boot a vessel after it hits level 15 to dregs.

Imports do not work. Give us rewards that apply to our vessels, and vessels penetrate the no import shield. This should be the epitome of the loop. Give us a damage bonus additive or heal bonus additive or so on and so on, and let us put it on a body and bring it to the campaigns. You have taken the boogeyman of Uncle Bob to do so many things, but the issue of importing stacks and stack of poorly made dergs has somehow made it past.

The world is empty and boring, and the star of your show - 5v5 to 15v15 fights - are sidelined by there being no relevant thing to accomplish. When we have had them the game absolutely shines, it's unbelievably fun. But we are making them happen just for the joy of PvP, as opposed to fighting over anything that we all want.

Even these cool fights with DIS by the heralds have been joyless afterward because they can respawn so close and get back there is no way for us to actually win the herald. 

A lot of this boils down to friction.  There is way too much administration between the players and fun.  The import/export system is complex, unintuitive and not fun.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2020 at 6:27 PM, arkh said:

Looks like EK editing (adding parcels) is not working as explained in game.

After putting a parcel validating the change does nothing. Only if the start point is moved does some loading screen appears, stuck on "Loading Zone" and sometimes giving the auto logout popup. It could be fun but my toon inventory is full of parcels and I get an error message when trying to put them bank in the vault.

Also, dying because the start point has been moved is a bummer.

Same her. How can i Place my Parcel AND save it? Placing it next to the Starter Parcel does nothing. no Error, No other Message. Nothing. And the Parcel is in Inventory.

 

Nobody else having this Problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, McTan said:

Yes, it will be harsh. But if the world that they go to when they are 30 is completely empty and dead, so will be the game. I'm done pulling punches with ACE, they are too split between PvE safety risk mitigation and PvP MMO steeped in risk. Pick one (hint: the game has no chance as a PvE game).

For god's sake green minor disciplines are coming from the level 5 guinea camp in God's reach. 

I see where you're going here, but piling everyone in to dregs is not the answer. That environment is simply not well suited for a large portion of the game's population. Whether you like it or not, if you force people who don't want to play a GvG map to play, and you force them to do so in a system where thee simply isn't enough territory to go around, those people aren't going to suck it up and just joing an existing guild. They're going to log out and play a different game. People are happy to show up to a PvP game to PvP, but people are not happy to feel forced in to joining a guild just to get anywhere within their first week of play.

This is easy to forget for those of us in long-standing multi-game guilds, but when your game is built to serve us and only us, your game fails. You need a landing point that functions in both the short and long term for people that aren't us.

We need faction campaigns (real ones) back ASAP to properly serve new players and groups too small to properly contest/control things in dregs. Infected is simply not useful. Its combination of r6 nodes and complete lack of material loot risk makes to too attractive as a source for many many items.

The answer is limiting all GR drops to novice, removing literally all non-tutorial harvesting from GR, finishing the tutorial (including campaign mechanics) in GR, removing infected from the game, and giving players a choice of proper faction or dregs campaigns. Those two campaign types are literally all you need to serve every single player that is going to stick with the game. Those two campaign types have the same individual risks and group related focus on campaign objectives that is the heart of the game. They have the same material risks. Infected is a weird pointless limbo that seems to exist only to remove players from proper campaign maps.

Imports/exports as a concept are sound, but the problem is that token limits are meaningless and simple to sidestep. We need an update to the "imported" flag that makes these items, and any crafts resulting from these items soulbound. Imported items should not drop on corpses when dead. They should simply be deleted. The point of imports is to be able to bring is things *you* need, not to work out a whole supply chain for an entire guild. Unfortunately this means we can't let players loot them from one another either, as this would easily sidestep anti-trade limitations.

Preventing transfer of imports from one account to another is the only way limiting import volume has any meaning at all.

Fixing imports allows us to be much more generous with how we handle exports as well. Given that exports as a token limit have no utility due to their *intent* to export tradable items, and the fact that we have a working campaign reward system now, we just need to get rid of export limits as a concept. You can't functionally limit exports under the system we have in a way that doesn't make it hilariously easy to ignore with a few extra accounts. Let people keep their loot, and control your uncle bob problem on the import end.

On top of all this harvesting/poi/seasonal balance needs serious help.

I won't elaborate on harvesting/poi income balance other than to say buff harvesting in stead of nerfing pois.

In stead I'd like to lay out a significant problem with this balance people aren't really talking about all that much.

The seasons system is no longer an interesting behavior driver that pushes people in to different modes of operation as time passes. The original intent of this system is that it encourages people to harvest early and fight late. When harvesting was the primary method of acquisition this actually worked pretty well. Unskilled harvesting is simple to do in spring, and borderline pointless in winter, so you'd see a lot more people harvesting spring that would be doing nothing but fighting come winter.

The various changes to the game over the years have completely decimated the utility of this system. The card system encourages players to play broadly the same game for the entire campaign There is no incentive to "reap" early and "sow" late because if you're not getting on that board in early seasons you're basically suiciding your win chances in later ones. The stopgaps made to address that with the glory score scaling are no longer functional as we no longer mark victory by total glory score. We mark 1/2 of power score, or 1/6 of total score of it by glory score at season end. There is no longer any functional incentive to "wait till winter" to swoop in for big objective swing plays. Doing that will simply result in you losing the power and wealth victory conditions.

POI rewards, while a good incentive don't experience any seasonal effects at all. As a significant part of the resource income in the game, this makes them objectively superior to harvesting for the entire campaign, regardless of any adjustments to their payouts. Harvesting literally gets worse, and is the only thing that gets worse as seasons go on.

Seasons, as a concept, only have utility now as scoring breakpoints, and to penalize harvesters. Every seasonal effect is either pointless or actively detrimental to harvesting and only harvesting without impeding crafting, without creating additional combat incentives in late seasons.

If that's how seasons are going to work, simply cosmetic changes that denote a new set of divine favor cards that's fine, but unless everything in the game is going to experience some kind of monumental shakeup as a base effect of season progression, we probably need to get rid of seasonal harvesting penalties. I'd hate to see that and would rather see everything experience significant seasonal change. Vary things like wall health, poi bonus severity, loot drop table quality, pig spawn rates, etc. to make seasonal change impactful to everyone in stead of just anyone who decides to harvest rather than fight over resources.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Imported items should not drop on corpses when dead. They should simply be deleted. The point of imports is to be able to bring is things *you* need, not to work out a whole supply chain for an entire guild. Unfortunately this means we can't let players loot them from one another either, as this would easily sidestep anti-trade limitations.

Preventing transfer of imports from one account to another is the only way limiting import volume has any meaning at all.

I would prefer imported items were bound and not flagged for export. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

You mean like "if you import it you can't export it?"

yes, applying to vessels as well. Also would not be able to trade. On a similar note, I would prefer to not allow currency imports in all cases. 

Edited by mystafyi
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

yes, applying to vessels as well. Also would not be able to trade. On a similar note, I would prefer to not allow currency imports in all cases. 

Doesn't make sense to do that with vessels. Everything about the vessel system, their costs, the way discs work with them, drop rates, etc. is built around them being permanent progression systems that expierience entropy directly related to the individual's pace of progression and readiness to replace them rather than as a result of pvp.

I believe it is important to have at least one active avenue of progression that works this way to prevent the feeling of a "total reset" if you're getting mercilessly farmed.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ACE-Tiggs unpinned and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...