Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making Crowfall available into steam

Zhen

Greetings everyone,

I know.. I know..., this topic supposed to be a "game suggestion", however I am unable to make a post in different topic, but it would be a pleasure if someone can move this topic into the right category. But focusing on the topic, can I download Crowfall in steam? I keep on searching but I haven't find any, hence, this topic becomes a suggestion instead of question. I hope that Crowfall will be available on steam soon, but if I am wrong and Crowfall is already in steam, please send me the link. Thanks!

~Zhen

Edited by Zhen

19 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Crowfall is not available on Steam, and likely never will be. Games that are on Steam have to pay a certain percentage to Steam, and I don't think ACE has any intention of doing that. 

Most game companies have concluded that the extra copies sold due to Steam sales more than offset the money that Steam takes away. And, once those players have been brought to Crowfall via Steam, many of them will spend money in the Crowfall store.  Marketing isn't free, if ACE were to add marketing staff to match the outreach that Steam would add to the game, ACE would have to pay for those additions (plus qualified people are hard to find and recruit to a new, one product company like ACE).

TLDR: Steam is will worth the cost.

Mac

I've heard steam takes 20-30% so I guess they have to look at what their user acquisition costs are and do the math. 

As a player I'd love to see this game on steam so we had more people playing though. It's a game that relies on a certain critical mass to work and we haven't reached that critical mass yet. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

7 hours ago, MacDeath said:

Most game companies have concluded that the extra copies sold due to Steam sales more than offset the money that Steam takes away. And, once those players have been brought to Crowfall via Steam, many of them will spend money in the Crowfall store.  Marketing isn't free, if ACE were to add marketing staff to match the outreach that Steam would add to the game, ACE would have to pay for those additions (plus qualified people are hard to find and recruit to a new, one product company like ACE).

TLDR: Steam is will worth the cost.

I'm not the one you have to convince :P