Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Top 5 Feedback 11/18

In a Galaxy far, far away (and many other games I worked on), I would post a weekly Top 5 for feedback and bugs from the Community. This would help me in providing feedback to the team (in addition to all of the other feedback posted on the forums) and also let us know where we are doing good.  So I'd like to start doing this weekly with you, my murder of Crows.  I've even included a place where you can provide me feedback about this thread, (you may want to see a different question listed or want to offer suggestions for a question of the week).  This is separate from our feedback posts we have for LIVE and TEST, as those are more for the patches at the time. 

Top 5 Crowfall likes (things you feel we're doing great on). 

1. I like XX and this is why (be constructive)

Top 5 Crowfall dislikes (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

1.  I dislike this and this is why (be constructive) and this is how it could be better.

Top 5 bugs on LIVE (that we may have missed and wish would be fixed). Please be specific and constructive.

If you could ask the Team member one question, what would you like to know? 

When was the last time you logged into Crowfall?

Feedback for Tiggs on this weekly forum post if any. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a Galaxy far, far away (and many other games I worked on), I would post a weekly Top 5 for feedback and bugs from the Community. This would help me in providing feedback to the team (in addition to

Likes: I like the overall feeling of the world. I like that there is always the possibility of pvp around every corner. Group combat feels pretty solid. Strategy and tactics pay off.

(No lists are in any order of importance) Top 5 Crowfall likes (things you feel we're doing great on).  I like the class variety, done bit better with recent discipline changes, feels more

1. I like small scale fights
  2. i like theorycrafting builds that work well together in a team
  3. i like the EK's and with some more work it could work really good for as a example tournaments 

Top 5 Crowfall dislikes (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

1.  I dislike current AOE spam. Please decrease the SIZE, DURATION and COLOR (aoe can still do the same dmg but people need to know what field is friendly and what is not)
  2.   no commander tools.  (big fat commander pin etc 
  3.   heavy RNG as progression with the crafter Majors with double cost and overall worse quality its just not fun 

and whatever u do do not uncap aoe 

Edited by FatLarry
28 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

In a Galaxy far, far away (and many other games I worked on), I would post a weekly Top 5 for feedback and bugs from the Community. This would help me in providing feedback to the team (in addition to all of the other feedback posted on the forums) and also let us know where we are doing good.  So I'd like to start doing this weekly with you, my murder of Crows.  I've even included a place where you can provide me feedback about this thread, (you may want to see a different question listed or want to offer suggestions for a question of the week).  This is separate from our feedback posts we have for LIVE and TEST, as those are more for the patches at the time. 

1. pvp
  2. builds variety
  3. crafting complexity

1.  i dislike the lack of economy (no easy way to buy and sell things)
  2.  i dislike how easy is to farm resources from forts and caravans
  3.   i dislike the overall graphics

Top 5 bugs on LIVE (that we may have missed and wish would be fixed). Please be specific and constructive.

i log in everyday

1. I like theory-crafting with the various builds that come with the constant tweaks and additions you're making to the class system. Having a system where there is no-solved meta is a huge, huge, boon. It stops combat from becoming boring and formulaic. I am not sure if you'll be able to keep up this pace forever, but constant balance adjustments that maintain UNIQUE abilities (rather than boring/derivative ones with similar mechanics) makes the game so much fun. You're in that spot right now.

2. I enjoy the combat, I think you've struck a good balance between action and roleplaying mechanics, with "semi-manual" aiming and no "lock-on targeting." I like the smoothness, animation transitions, Invulnerability-frames on the ultimates, juggling the various buffs and debuffs. (Although, I think that the combat favors grouping and blobbing too heavily. Perhaps remove the AOE limit from only striking 5 targets, or cause AOEs to scale up if they hit 3, 4, or 5 targets? This would make combat more strategic and less zergy.)

3. I enjoyed your new player experience. I thought you did a good job allowing players to transition into late-game combat viability quickly without putting them behind a massive grind-wall to achieve it. (Although, I should note my reservation with the time gating mechanics behind getting into crafting/harvesting in the passive skill tree, which have stopped me from really playing these aspects of the game with my guild. Further, it's important to note that new players may be less viable as the passive skill trees advance more for other players.)

4. I like looting your mobs. I thought it was a fun gameplay loop exploring for captains/chiefs and getting nice bags of loot. Even grinding the small ones for random rewards wasn't bad. I'm somewhat saddened that this type of gameplay is basically pointless once crafting progresses though.

5. I like your community engagement. I think you do a good job addressing players concerns in your monthly Q&As and you've got a solid community team that maintains positive interaction with the community - This is a far cry from other in-development MMOs where things were quiet and players mostly just bashed the dev team(s).

1. I dislike the lack of meaningful content/activities to complete the game world, appeal to a wider audience, and provide PvP contested objectives outside of siege timers involving some/risk reward, the lack meaningful activities for solo/small groups, the dearth of economic interaction between individuals, and the lack of individual advancement available to a solo player when the larger group is either offline or less active. The game needs considerably more "gameplay options" outside of fort/keep timers + caravans, and it needs a viable playstyle for solo and small groups of players to advance without joining a large guild.

(Looking for low hanging fruit that can be added before release, I propose this,)

2. I dislike the time-gating mechanics behind the passive skill tree, the economic dependency on the passive-skill tree to advance, and the massive combat bonuses you get for combat skill tree investment. Crafting is where virtually all of the "progression" in Crowfall comes from after hitting level 30 on a white vessel, and you are unable to do this without a clan infrastructure because you can't self-craft goods and the systems in place to facilitate trade/economy are wholly insufficient to support the complexity and interdependency of crafting operations.

I'd like to see the passive skill trees radically changed to a passive/active hybrid or eliminated altogether.

3. I dislike how combat feels largely pointless because there isn't any real penalty for losing or reward for winning. For example, in siege windows, we often fight at the start of the siege window (in case someone hasn't even bothered to log in to loot their fort chest, which is unfortunately quite often) and at the end of the siege window, but the fights inbetween are entirely pointless and just there for poorly made dergss and giggles. Even though this is our best chance to get group PvP at any time during the day, my clan often abandon forts to run pigs in the middle of the fort window - This is because there is no benefit for actually having or winning the fights, all that matters is access to the resources and the outcome of the fort swap. When we do engage in open world pvp while running between forts, the effect of winning or losing is beyond negligible - It's a tiny loss of time, and that "epic fight" is neither exhilarating or interesting.

I'd like to see full loot and economic changes to make fights meaningful.

4. I dislike progression system past the initial white-vessel leveling. All other progression should be essentially purchasable with coin. All items and other things that are part of the crafting loop need to be perishable to such an extent that the "loop" needs to be repeated, rather than merely "obtained." This will let the players play the game the way they want, as long as they are making money. It will feed activity into the game during the off-hours. There's no functional economy to speak of to allow this in Crowfall, there's no system to support the trade of goods, there's nothing for an individual to amass to "progress." The game really needs to learn some lessons from the only successful PvP MMOs currently on the market, Albion and Eve, on this front.

5. I dislike the lack of variety to how Crowfall is played competitively, with all the focus on Guild v Guild. Quality GvG gameplay is not mutually exclusive with good gameplay targetting solo and small players, and in fact usually enhances it by increasing activity levels and random encounters overall. Random season cards that involve either capturing land or grinding mobs, are only two goals. 

Smaller groups can, and should, compete in the same campaigns as guilds in parallel in the same dregs campaigns.
    For solo goals:  Players should also have solo goals, shuffled from a deck, where they can pick one out of four choices. These should reward them for either: Exploration, PvE, Crafting, or PvP. 
    For group goals: Group goals should run parallel to and inside the same game world as the GvG Dregs, that targets small groups of 4-8 players. They should get rewards which feed into their clan's overall score, while also giving them unique rewards for themselves. They should get cards that involve small scale group activities like capturing outposts, killing chiefs, capturing caravans, and kills in fights involving no more than 20 total players.

Guilds should see the individual point contribution towards the guild from these solo goals and these group goals. The sum of these scores should contribute to the season victory of the guild.

1.  The party UI often becomes bugged after some time of play, showing duplicates of players or not updating information at all, only fixable with a relog.
  2.   As of a week or so ago on the test server, guards at keeps would sometimes appear to be standing still and not attacking you, but they were in reality attacking you.
  3. As of a couple days ago the frostweaver auto attack causes a seizure inducing light show, for some clients but not others. But I kind of like it, tbh.
  4. For some reason a group in my clan was able to spawn 4-5 chiefs in 20 minutes on infected. No idea what triggered this.
  5. There is sometimes desync between a health bar shown in the party UI and a player's health shown above their head, especially in large fights.

Have you read feedback on the passive skill tree, activities for solo players or small groups, full loot drops, and the economy, and do you plan on introducing any new features to address these concerns prior to launch?

Today.

Great! I hope the devs answer some of these concerns on their Q&A!

Edited by RobbenDumarsch

1. I like the potential the game has
  2. I like the complexity of crafting
  3. I like the proposed idea of how EKs are tied together with campaigns in a cohesive fashion
  4. I like the proposed idea that all sorts of playstyles and activities would be needed
  5. I like the potential variety in character builds

1. I dislike that gathering is systematically pushed aside. Something gated behind passives should be superiour to something that isn't, and can be achieved by mindless zerging.
  2. I dislike that there's no clearly communicated vision for how the game is supposed to tie its different elements together 
  3. I dislike that the combat design favours bypassing tactical choices by gathering enough people to burst the enemy down before they can act.
  4. I dislike that AoE suffers no drawbacks compared to single target damage.
  5. I dislike that there's no clearly communicated vision for how EKs are supposed to work  

1.  Wood elf can still run while invisible. Reported that one half a year ago
  2.  You run faster while mounted if you jump continually

Lead design: Does the role, and features, of Eternal Kingdoms still match what was originally proposed? And if no, what is the new function other than a convoluted guild bank?

Today

I think this form is a good idea, but it runs the risk of coming off as an insincere play to placate the players if you don't actively engage with the feedback.

1. I like making builds. There's a lot to think about.
  2. Gathering feels pretty good, maybe needs some tweaking on drops compared to say caravans. But otherwise good.
  3. As a runemaker, I like crafting. It's simple, straight to the point. Not a lot of extraneous bits and pieces. Low cost, fairly low durability makes for great churn that's not a pain to replace.

1.  I dislike caravans. The sheer amount of materials gained almost invalidates my role as a gatherer outside of motherlode harvesting. There's no real challenge or risk unless you are landless. I don't know if it should be any easier or harder either way, but for reference, last time we had a keep, we were able to clear 2-3 camps of 10+ odd pigs EACH during a siege window in under an hour.

Yesterday

231e101d88.jpg

1. I like how classes have both strengths and weaknesses. While my Warden can easily shut down most melees, against ranged it is always a uphill battle.
  2. I like crafting complexity. I might get some hate for saying that, but honestly, if it supposed to be a pillar of the game just like fighting is it ought to have it's own depth. But I gotta say the lack of Factories is probably screwing with it's design...
  3. You guys have been doing some great work with balance passes going on after 6.2 dropped. Still not perfect, some talent nodes still meh, but now I feel it is just a matter of when yall fix them and not if.
  4. That I dont have to grind X so I dont fall behind others. So I can just do whathever the heck I want. Feel like wasting a few minutes wandering around checking if there is a chief up? I can do it. Wanna just chill farming Majors? All right. Wanna just go to a enemy island grief them? Off you go buddy. Meanwhile my Skinning and Combat XP keep going up.

1.  Sieges are messy. A bunch of people jammed together firing off powers. Honestly they pale in comparison to small scale content.
  2.  Gathering is useless. As someone who has planned to be a skinner and hunt big badass monsters it is disheartening to see how unrewarding actually doing that is ingame.
  3.   Mobs are weak fodder. I know they wont ever be comparable to players, but that shouldnt be a excuse to how weak they are. Even chiefs arent a big deal and need at most 2 players.
  4.  For a MMO game most activities are better done alone. Be it farming majors or clearing a tribe. It is more efficient to scatter.
  5. No Party content. Like said on 4 most activities are better done alone. There isnt a objective that rewards you to play with your buddies.

1.   Dodging while Barrage is active has you dodge forward regardless of what WASD key you are holding. (Didnt check this last patch since it was so bad I just stopped using barrage and only remembered the bug after reading this)

How many more major milestone we have before launch happen, I guess. Those are always big game changers so it'd be nice to see how many iteration we have before this goes live for real. Heard talk about 6.3, but do we have a 6.4 planned? A 6.5? A 7.0 maybe?

A few hours ago.

On this post? Great idea tbh. On general? Pretty darn good community manager.

1. BIG HORSE.
  2. Ease of leveling.
  3. Campaign rewards.
  4. Increase in build variety with the discipline changes.
  5. Communication and feedback requests we are receiving from Rhea and Tiggs has been great for the entire community as a whole.  They've both been doing an excellent job.

1.  Current guild cap limit.  500 accounts in one guild is far too large for the zone population limitation/alliance mechanic.  I personally think guild's should hold 50 accounts(250 accounts per alliance), but some people think this is too small.
  2.  6.2's addition of large quantities of ground AoE's with nonsensically large radii.  The skill ceiling was already low and has been pushed even lower due to this.  Reduce the radius, make the range smaller, reduce the damage or make a ground cleanse ability.
  3.  Lack of friendly fire.  Increase group sizes and allow all out of party players to take damage from your abilities.
  4.  Stealth.  The permanent stealth mechanic is lazy game design.  I can AFK during the work day and free farm because of how easy it is to use/non-punishing it is.  A temporary stealth, 30 seconds or so, or a diffused image of the stealther might be better (think Planetside).  Regardless of stealth, you should not be able to be invisible on top of someone.
  5. Lack of any kind of commander/raid frame.  It's very difficult to organize people or see who is leading what groups without voice comms.  Adding a raid frame or a commander tag would be hugely beneficial to increase the amount of fights in the world as people will take less time to get organized.
  6. GIVE CENTAURS MOUNTS. Purchasing skins and not being able to use them in-game on your primary character is frustrating and makes them feel like a huge waste of money.

1.  PLEASE FIX PACK PIGS.  The pathing has been absolutely terrible on live recently and to compound the issue, they're going very slow on inclines and declines.
  2.  Keep gates are not consistent getting in and out of keeps. (Thanks @yianni for noting this one)
  3.  Chat seems buggier than before.  Constantly having issues with channels/tabs missing.

How many people actively developing the game play it on a daily basis?

Today.

Edited by RetroSweater
54 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

1. The new class talent trees and disciplines have paved the way for true diversity in each class and even broader than that.  The stale nature of the previous iteration is one of the primary reasons I kept leaving alpha and beta testing.
  2.  The monthly Q&As are incredibly valuable for the players to understand where the developers are at in terms of their thinking and inspiration for changes.
  3.  The capture points/siege mechanics/etc system is pretty good.  Perhaps minor adjustments here and there, but by in large, I like what I see.
  4.  Frequent updates to the game, even in the form of bug fixes.
  5.  Relying heavily on player feedback to drive the direction of the game.

1.  For Crowfall to be a continual game I want to play - as much focus and time as possible needs to be put into developing as many avenues of progression as can be managed.  Progression is the blood of any video game.
  2.   Account skill trees are creating a progression ceiling that is hurting the game.  These trees need to be redesigned.
  3.   More clarity and visibility into the underlying combat mechanics would be nice.  It's difficult to theory-craft and plan potential build possibilities without some sort of reference on how the calculations for determining damage, healing, or damage mitigation (for example) are done.
  4.   The map feels really clunky and difficult to use.  It would be nice if we had the option of setting up personal waypoints (SWG ahem) and to be able to share those waypoints to a group.
  5.  Harvesting and crafting systems need some attention.  Some of it is quality of life - many players have developed out-of-game spreadsheets and other tools to compensate.

1.   Righteous Reflections is not always reflecting damage to an attack source.

What are your specific plans and intentions for developing progression systems in the game outside of leveling, point-based scoring systems with guild vs guild, and your average entropy-related gear durability loss and other short-term "farming."?

Today

Tiggs, we never met.  We never talked.  But, I remember you quite well in the SWG days.  I am glad you are here.  You are exceptional at what you do.  I know you enjoy it, too :).

1 hour ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

1. Sieges, they feel fun to fight in offensively or defensively
  2. Ease of leveling
  3. Domains, i like the concept

1. Passive system, it feels like its too strong, newer players will be left way behind, we need the catch up mechanic soon, even then i dont think the passive system and crafting play nice together 
  2. Domains, i know it just came out but some domains feel very lackluster and some classes are left with only 1 real domain choice because of this
  3. I feel there is no reason to fight usually outside of fun, fun only goes so far and there can only be 1 winner in a fight, i think adding more reasons to fight would be nice, like perhaps pvp ranks?

Hey jtodd, ever consider adding pvp ranks? 

yesterday

you're doing great

hoayaga2.jpg

1. I like the renewed focus on community involvement and talking with the community
  2. I like small scale PvP
  3. I like the new disciplines/talent rework
  4. I like the twitch streams

1.  I dislike the recent changes to crafting minors and additional unlocks in the passive skill tree
  2.  I dislike the complexity and chore nature of crafting
  3.  I dislike having to level white/common vessels 
  4.  I dislike the lack of random local-to-zone pvp events, like crate drops in other PvP open world games 
  5.  I dislike the general lack of need to do anything in the game after 3 months because of resource overflow

1.   can't think of any

1. I like that you listen to a lot of things that we say and make changes due to our feedback
  2. I like the open world pvp and the sieges
  3. I like that we have build diversity in classes, granted it needs work
  4. I actually like the passive system although it also needs work
  5. I love lamp

1.  I dislike that you don't listen completely to your player base who plays your game everyday (yes kinda contradicts #1 from above).
  2.  I dislike the crafting tediousness. it's a pain having to log on multiple crafters and now its even worse with the belts. although it's gotten better with being able to create multiples
  3.  I dislike the fact that fort vs caravan risk isn't what you think. In addition dust/gold forts need to go. Make us go out farm, and crafting resources need to be more rare from forts/caravans
  4.  I dislike static keep design. There's no variety. Either bring EK building into dregs or make more unique ones strategically placed. And siege timers need to go, add handshake sieges, make the attacker have to pay to siege. 
  5. I dislike the same worlds/parcels. We need more biomes and variety. every zone is the same and pretty empty.
  6. I dislike that some necromancy additives are pointless.. like humerous, certain hands and eyes

1.   PERFORMANCE
  2.   Keep gates are not consistent getting in and out of keeps. and guards need fixed. they get stuck, and disappear
  3.   Fix the caravans being slow going uphill and they get stuck. and the NPE whistle showing to press ALT +O instead of equipping it
  4.   Debuffs on enemies dont update instantly and the self hitpoint bar doesnt update and can die at 70% HP
  5.   Not a bug per se, but chaos orb is soooooooo slow especially for a skill thats channeled 

Shadowbane customization when?

almost everyday for the last 3 years

Edited by yianni

1. PvP is doing strong at the moment i really enjoy the mass PvP approach with the small PvP elements hidden away.
  2. Progression in terms of materials Seems good enough in terms of speed it's not too time consuming neither is it too quick and it still requires to engage as a guild but i'd say there needs to be more ways to gain even better gear than it is currently and that's adrressed later in the dislikes.
  3. the idea of camps is really nice considering they're open and encourage PvP while being rewarding for the victorious, controlling them which leads to an idea it could be more visible on the map or a way to actualy control them similarly to forts or outposts just to make it more meaningfull to actualy visit those.
  4. Drop rates are good enough for now i would personaly decrease some currently high rate drops and increase the rarity up but we're early enough where it doesn't really matter (most of the drop problems are getting addressed by other pepole already (caravans being too overpowered etc)).
  5. Leveling balance, The stats don't impact the game as much as in many other games of this type where sometimes being one level under meant you had 0 chance of winning in an engagement here it's not as impactful but either it's not like you're gonna be wrecking house with a level 20 character.

1.  PvE is in a sorry state in my opinion so i think you guys should look more into it now as of 6.2 we have more choices in terms of builds now it would be good to have similar thing in terms of equipment currently you get to a point where you sit on a single blue or green cause it has better stats pretty quickly and even if you get a drop purple quite often it's gonna get replaced with crafted equipment. Surely crafted equipment is always gonna be superrior and is not easily accesible but we're reaching a point where PvE hardly matters and if not for the win cards it would see more people going after enemies if not for the levels.
  2.   Campaign length, currently they're short cause there isn't really much to do in them you get in you win you get out it's a fun loop short term but after launch we're gonna get bored of it fast getting some more meaningfull PvE perhaps extra leveling in campaign or possibly even Raids/Bosses with an actual need to run alliances could provide some extra things to engage in additionaly maybe looking into some instance based PvE could prove worthy of course it would still have the PvP elements with people being able to raid your dungeon or something but it being instance based it could open up the posibility of putting your random map generator into more work increasing the life of the game long term.
  3.   Levels, currently we have max level 30 and that's kinda low obviously there's no much sense in padding out the leveling with meaningless levels that give you nothing but maybe increasing the cap and adding some other way to increase for example gathering than the current passive systems would be beneficial or simply introducing profession Exp instead of passive training to not provide any change to the main leveling but still providing a way to increase and farm levels beyond level 30.
  4.   passive training.... it's just bad there's no way of going around it. It's basiacly a pay to win way to pad out game time with the ViP being even a factor it should go away otherwise it's not gonna do you guys any good. The first time I saw it I just wanted to close the game and uninstall it thinking what's the point of playing if everyone's gonna be so far in the tree they can wreck me no matter what. If you're going for a fair PvP experience avoid such things, make people work for the levels instead of having them passively come to them as passive training should have it's name changed into meaningless training cause that's how it feels it may work short term but than again it's gonna cause more trouble than good.
  5. Performance I don't think I even need to talk about this.

1.   Group refresh bug, it happens sometimes the game keeps the group data on a map and keeps displaying it even after the group got disbanded it's a map specific bug.
  2.   memory leaks, the game's performance is steadily decreasing over time making longer playthroughs and streaming a pain those should get fixed as a priority as they keep happening they need to be narrowed down with each patch and taken out the quicker the better cause if even one gets through to the 1.0 it's just game over basicaly.
  3. since 6.2 characters started to get launched all over the place when fighting npcs I have no idea if it's connection related or some weird physics bug it appears it's happening most often when enemies are using charge attacks, leaps and other skills that cause kinetic interactions between models.
  4. The Chat bug. Chat sometimes just hangs without any reason it's a pretty substantial bug and should get looked into it seems to be happening during instance transition.
  5. since 6.2 Stealth became a bigger part of the game with many classes now using it in their ults which also brought out more bugs related to it into the light. Stealth appears to be getting interupted in situations it shouldn't be partially due to the new mechanic anti stealth sight which is being used by both players and npcs. It's possible it's being caused by some weird interaction between the system and the performance issues causing the system to instantly forget player was even trying to stealth. Increasing the range of teleportation on stealth ults could help a lot making them feel more like ults rather than just another ability.

Why? Why did you guys choose this development process?

18-11-2020

Edited by holyKris
stylistic changes

1. The potential is amazing. Implementation of some of the great ideas need some work. 
  2. Tiggs is a very worthy new member. Good Job so far!
  3. Small group combat is a blast. Building out groups is fun. Lacking the Crowpedia is not as fun.
  4. Art and ambiance is top notch, Storms in fall are visually amazing.
  5. The idea behind the cards in Dregs is fantastic, Much more work is needed on balance and reasons why. 

1. Bank space. Bag Space. No Mail system. No guild bank
  2. No in game guild functions. 
  3. EK support and management. Parcels have had very little in the way of clarification or updates. 2 separate scales throughout. (Look at hamlet vrs town, or shire Vrs Capital)  
  4. No vassal based Chests, no chest sockets on Free standing craft table platforms
  5. No Guild Bank. Storage is my number 1 frustration overall.

1. The cost of minors is much too high, you cannot level without twinking heavily. And only can equip random drops really until you have farmed quite a bit. 
  2. Random Knowledge for crafting, to get a blue required disc, before belt equip. Extremely frustrating. 
  3. The Disc vendors in GR for majors has very few of the discs. Making leveling to 15ish then going to infected a requirement for proper leveling planning. 
  4. Weakness and frustration of crafting values for early game, and all values of Jewelry.
  5. Gathering is unfun and lackluster. The bug from a couple months back was actually more fun to experience than the last few years of gathering in crowfall. Please please look into Gathering yield and focus. Please edge towards a fun amount more than a draconian econ saving amount. We can have an economy if people quit out of sheer frustration.

How many hours do principle designers play for fun. And Has Thomas Blair Ever made a Confessor book without GM tools, of green or higher quality.

Logged in on 4 accounts right now.

1. I like the mechanics of Crowfalls character building, Race + Class + Talents+ Promotion + Disciplines + Stats. It's a good start but needs to be opened up far more than currently. Every Promotion should have at least 4-5 domains to chose from, not just 3. Go all out.
  2. I like the random world generation and decaying worlds in theory, though they currently lack variety and all look the same. More terrain types, more clustering mechanics in the random world gen (like forest tile clusters or mountain clusters) to create unique zones. 
  3. I like the concept of campaign cards and alternate way's to achieve victory. Though the way that it works with conquest needs to be streamlined. As if you dominated every keep, someone harvesting flowers shouldn't magically beat you.
  4. Passive training is an interesting start for those who can't play constantly but needs to be paired with some active training bonus for people who wish to put in more active effort. A bonus of up to 10 hours a week is still enough to satisfy both parties.
  5. PvP can feel wonderfully intense at times and is one of the things that keeps me returning to this game, trying to make sure it succeeds. 

1. Balance and testing feedback being slow or ignored. I've posted repeated feedback and questions for the devs that are often not acted on or answered. Some design decisions were so bad that as 6.2 classes were being revealed people were already saying "That's an awful choice" and those awful choices are still there. Not to mention major issues like 14+ different bleed abilities not stacking and instead messing with each other... still no dev answer on this.
  2. I dislike stealth being a zero effort system on the part of stealthers. You have a "you must have perception to see someone right next to you mechanic" I don't care if they have 10,000 stealth, if they are 5 feet from me I should see them. This is a PvP game with heavy looting not World of Warcraft. It needs a rework so that their is a minimum range where you can see any stealther and defend yourself or catch and kill them. 
  3.  Zone and map size. I feel like every zone should be far larger and every campaign should feel much more vast. Darkfall eclipses this game in size and setting easily and that was 10 years ago.
  4.   I heavily dislike Siege timers. Handshake sieges and triggered events are 1000x better than mustering forces twice a week for a fight that may not even happen.
  5. I dislike the harvesting, crafting, decay loop as well as the gameplay loops in general. Currently it's not at all like EVE where there is a functioning economy and varied things to do at any given time.

1.   14+ different bleed abilities on 6 different classes and 4 different disciplines don't stack..... they should.
  2.   Characters still sometimes run on top of their mounts.
  3. Chain pulls sometimes don't actually pull the people hit. Or still move them behind you. 
  4. meh
  5. I got nothing at the moment

Blair, Why are there 14+ different bleed abilities when the majority of them don't stack and actively conflict with each other? 

Every few days.

Edited by Ranik

Shadowbane style advantage / disadvantage disciplines when? ~Yianni 1/21/21

1. I like trying to find builds that work for group, however if TEST wasnt around i wouldnt be as fun. i would have spent many hours leveling up and many many golds buying white disicplines.
  2. i like rhea, give that man a raise.

1.  I dislike hunting for disciplines.  looking for discipline's is a chore. thralls only spawn at night. its RNG if a major thrall is gonna spawn at the spawns point. its RNG that u get a Major thrall of the domain you are looking for. then its RNG if it drops the disicpline that you want. RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG. (also with very few spawning points, they spawn at possible locations for the preset hunger shard locations, and that the 1 thrall POI)  and this is how it could be better. make atleast 1 major always spawn? more locations? i dunno how to fix
  2.   Forts loot box.   you probably have some way to check how many people have harvested an iron node. (not mother lode, people still do those for gems) look at how many iron nodes were mined since u added loot box to forts.   makes harvesting bad.   how to fix this.....   i always thought forts were ment to be for smaller guilds to fight over. the loot boxes make the larger guilds need them. (everyone needs ez loot / building materials) remove the loot box, let smaller guilds have a home, let them build a couple crafting stations that are better than the ones in temple, give them some small building or somethin.  this would create more demand for pack pigs for building materials so you would need to increase spawn rate, or yield per pig (this issue might resolve itself when campaigns aren't a week long)
  3.  I don't like that there is no free building in campaign.
  4. i don't like that i cant resize/get rid of some aspect of my UI. specifically i would make the seasons / cw timer 25% the current size, the hotbar 25% its current size and move it down more. i would remove the words from the active buffs, just show the symbol (mouse over symbol for full detail when open inventory, seems like it would be fine) id get rid of the fps  / server / location boxes in the top left. move my characters info panel in its spot.
  5. con stat useless stat. 

If you could ask a Team member one question, what would you like to know? 

i would like to ask blair, (with out any cheaty admin commands)  if he has tried to log in to the game, find people to help harvest minerals, find someone for the body parts and craft vessels UNTIL he can equip a belt. so u can put additives in the vessels, so now that blue discipline u worked for is useless, do it again so the STAGE 2 necromancer can wear a belt.  or does he just *think*  "this sounds great" and add in stuff to the game?

i was today years old.

will these questions ever get answered?

1. The updates everyday is great
  2. its becoming more and more like a war game 
  3. PvP is good, balances changes are needed but thats fine
  4. Race, Talents all mean something I do like all the different options we have

1.  FPS n Performance is still needed to be work on  
  2.  The Outpost need more impact on the game, and provide more. Because not many like to circle Jerk for 5 min while capping an outpost
  3.  Divine needs work, - Not sure what can be changed here but man its not fun completely 
  4.  Forts and Siege windows need to be look at. 0 Maybe Forts up every 3hrs, on 30min cooldowns would be great. I feel fighting for a for in the last 10min of the window is very bad for the game, - Major keeps should be up at different times during the week. Not all major keeps in all zones up at same time, this provides so boring of an hr. Maybe each Major keep different day n time of the week, would provide more sieges and PvP  - So 930pm est to 1230pm est doesn't work at all. You loose half the pop or more during the late hours. -- Make as stated before 3hr windows for forts
  5. No in game guild function - Why not let us hit G and see who is on. 
    6.  Maybe a raid function, so we can invite everyone to a group and they place them in groups from the raid panel. Would make poorly made dergs easier 

1.   Gates having issues 
  2.  Chat seems buggier than before.  Constantly having issues with channels/tabs missing.
  3.   PERFORMANCE

every day I play, because I have fun 

LW_sig_concept2_zpsgdrsfl7n.jpg

1. I like the overall feeling of the world. I like that there is always the possibility of pvp around every corner.
  2. Group combat feels pretty solid. Strategy and tactics pay off.
  3. Nameplate hiding. Crowfall does this as well or better than most games I've seen. It means you can actually use terrain to conceal yourself. It means you can actually hide behind trees/hills/other obstacles.
  4. Developers have been very responsive to community concerns lately.
  5. 6.2 opened up a lot of build options.

Dislikes:

1. There is no economy. This is probably the most important thing that could be fixed. It drives so much gameplay for so many different types of players. Solo players could have a reason to farm/harvest. Large groups could have a reason to control areas / resources. Etc.
  2. The combat system does not reward mechanical skill. For example, dodging incoming projectiles, or moving out of aoe . I'm not sure what could be done, but I think making dodges grant some invulnerability or at least high damage mitigation while active would be a good start. The animations look great, but I want to be able to see them and react to them rather than just have them happen and not be able to do anything about them.
  3. The game could use a ton of quality of life group features. Including but not limited to: A guild panel that lists online players and their location. Possibly related: an easy way to invite players to a party rather than typing /invite. Squads (ability to have multiple parties grouped) and a commander icon to show the squad leader. Getting organized takes SO LONG and is such a hassle right now.

Bugs:

1. I report what I find in the bug thread and the team has done a great job of fixing them.

Login:

• Usually every day

1. amount of time needed to level is nice
  2. loot distribution and availability level on the map has gotten better(post 6.2). It seems like most forms of loot have become a bit more scarce and that's made the gameplay feel more weighted and meaningful.
  3. all scales of PvP feel "good". I dont know how else to explain it but I can get into any scale fight in this game and(outside of frames at high numbers) no size of fighting in this game feels out of place.( A good example of the opposite of this is 5v5's in WoW. they never work and no one cares about them because the game isnt built for it.) You guys fill the opposite role in terms of gameplay compared to a game like that.
  4. variety of playstyles and classes has greatly improved as of the last patch.
  5. range of activities to do(plz see con number 1)

1.  *Depth of activities* while the variety of activities are decently numerous, the actual activities themselves don't have much depth to them. once you've seen one warcamp and fought 1 mob in it youve essentially seen all warcamps and have fought all mobs in them(obviously with varying levels of health and damage)
  2.  *low level of engaging gameplay* while this can be said about many MMOs I think this is one that needs particular attention. this may as well be tied for number 1. There are very little ENGAGING activities to do that dont require 4-10x more time spent walking to/ setting up for than they do participating in them. We need some kind of engaging activities to do in the form of PvP preferably (arenas or some other small man content some form of content that the consumer is already familiar with and wont alienate the current population)
  3. *Need for guild in order to play* This one is self explanatory. most of your prospective player base isnt going to take the plunge to join a guild when they just get into the game. Its a commitment to make that most people dont want to NEED to make right off the bat. The unfortunate thing about this is that if they DO NOT join a guild they will never get an idea of what the game actually is because ALL of the meaningful content REQUIRES a guild.
  4. *Campaign cards dont encourage fun gameplay* Grinding mobs on an endless loop to put them into a fire is not fun or indicative of who won the campaign and is silly.
  5. *passive skill system based on a time gate* Part of me loves the passive skills but also the other part of me thinks that a straight up time gate is a little silly and another point to make people not want to play the game once its been out for a while and original players of the game have accumulated lots of skills.
  6. YES I PUT A 6 *SOME FORM OF A MARKETPLACE* Some people's entire prospective game loop revolves around the in game economy. please make some form of an online market place or search system in game to find items more easily and create trades. this will facilitate an active economy and actually fulfill the second half of most players game loops. if you guys cant do it then reach out to the plethora of people who would work with you to create something like this

there was a question how much we log on i think: almost every day and have been playing since infected was brought to live

Edited by Nagoty

(No lists are in any order of importance)

1. I like the class variety, done bit better with recent discipline changes, feels more like there's places for everything. shifting things helps and there's always going to be a meta of course, but i think it's a good direction at the moment. i think this gives good area for changes that can shake things up if you maintain it well.
  2. I like the idea of gathering creating areas for pvp. watching the balance of player numbers vs available resources/respawns is going to be very important as more players are joining the game - if it's too much pvp we'll never have time to gather or people will ignore each other to be able to progress. for now i think it's close to a good balance.
  3. i like the added big boss mobs that give stronger rewards in terms of sac items and such, i think making it more known these are active and where on the map would promote more interest/action on them. the heralds specifically - pushing them out of easy small/solo range - allows some catchup for the people who can't dedicate all day to the game.
  4. the game at its core - good mix of growing characters and actively playing them, and resource competition.

1.  i dislike some parts of the sieging - if multiple keeps are up then it's just everyone wait at theirs and kill banes rather than play the game, or you're taking a huge, expensive, and time costing risk (even if you dont lose the land, you can lose buildings). forts are weird since only the final owner matters, everything that happens between is irrelevant, i don't have a fix but a 1h window where maybe only 5 minutes matters just feels bad.I dislike this and this is why (be constructive) and this is how it could be better.
  2.   I dislike the lack of some important features, i get it's still in dev, but we really need a lot of missing things, like raid groups, proper guild chests, ability to link abils/items in chat, no guild or alliance panels. the keep siege window screenis ok but needs to be polished to make it easier to see whats active where (or better shown on the maps themselves). if there's large fights on the map that should have an icon as well as guild shields or something. also give us emotes so i can wave at people please!
  3.   i dislike having to farm ultimate charge. i'd suggest either making it drain or regen out of combat depending on your design choice of if we "should" have it or not going into a fight.
  4.   i dislike the leveling experience - meaning i think you should only have to do it once as a tutorial, maybe once per vessel tier at worst. right now it just means we powerlevel people and waste time with that rather than doing some productive or fun gameplay. i feel like this would let people experiment a lot more, but still has the 'expense' of disciplines/gear/etc to deal with anyway. we don't all have the time to try what we'd like and wasting my own or other's time levelling feels awful.
  5. i dislike how its not possible to tell apart AoEs, friendly ones should be less defined to you and enemy ones should be clearly defined. to expand - friendly ones can be somewhat transparent and enemy ones should be a different color.

1.   mounts not casting correctly sometimes, and being unable to dismount rarely. shows animations but doesn't actually cast. or casts correctly with no cast bar. mounts not casting correctly
  2.   if you place stable ice on cooling ice, it converts the cooling ice to stable. not sure if intended or a bug.
  3. getting in/out of doors/gates/etc is a nightmare especially with others around. it should be the largest priority interactable when you are near them.

what's the most memorable or interesting to yall things that players have come up with meta-wise that perhaps wasn't "planned" or specifically designed?

today!

❤️