Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Top 5 Feedback 11/18

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

at 15-17 when they finish the current tutorial it should be directing people to the next workband aka infected and any level 20+ mob/zones should be removed from gods reach to have people progress out of the tutorial land.

Forcing people to continue levelling in a PVP zone doesn't often make them progress out of the tutorial land. It often makes them progress to a different game. If history in other MMOs is any indication, what CF would experience a massive player population gap between level 18 and level 30

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a Galaxy far, far away (and many other games I worked on), I would post a weekly Top 5 for feedback and bugs from the Community. This would help me in providing feedback to the team (in addition to

Likes: I like the overall feeling of the world. I like that there is always the possibility of pvp around every corner. Group combat feels pretty solid. Strategy and tactics pay off.

(No lists are in any order of importance) Top 5 Crowfall likes (things you feel we're doing great on).  I like the class variety, done bit better with recent discipline changes, feels more

Top 5 Crowfall likes (things you feel we're doing great on). 

1. The variety of classes and builds is the best this game has had so far.  6.2 did some really good things on this front.  While there is definitely still some balancing to be done, the number of viable classes/promotions is really nice; almost every promotion (sorry Archdruid) has a place right now where it is viable.
  2. Combat is fun at every scale right now.  I've had some nail-biter 1v1's, great five or ten person skirmishes, and epic battles with over 100 people on the field.  I love how the game plays so differently, with different tactics and strategies needed, at each of these scales.  The presence of walls, guards, and siege weapons add even further layers and nuance.
  3. At those larger scales (roughly 15 person sides and up), I like how tactical fights are.  Positioning is really important, and in matched fights the winner is often the side that is able to coordinate better as a group.
  4. I like how interdependent crafting is.  Granted, I don't do much crafting myself, but I like the fact that you need to work with other players to make top tier gear.  In general, anything that encourages you to interact with other players is a good thing in my book.
  5. I like that fights have real impact.  The ability to lose your inventory if you die, or lose the keep your guild has spent dozens of hours building up, means I actually care about these battles beyond just fighting for the sake of fighting.

Top 5 Crowfall dislikes (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

1.  Given the still needed balance, there are a number of classes that just have a right choice.  Like sure, you could pick some other disc, but if you are making a half-giant you are taking Heavy Hitter because it is really solid.  Every guild is going to rock a bunch of Crusaders (no other class is 20-40% of every comp), and every Crusader take the Holy Aura talent.  It's not really a hard choice when one path is obviously better than all others.
  2.   Sieges have some issues right now.  If it's a fort, there's no reason for me to show up before the last ten minutes, which means I'm just twiddling my thumbs the first 50 minutes of the siege hour.  If it's a rank ten keep, I probably don't need to show up at all; the time it takes to knock down walls on high level keeps is absurd, and max rank guards just annihilate players.  Some balance is needed here RE wall/building health vs siege weapon health/damage, but a real rework would help immensely.  The attackers need some way to extend the siege window; as is defenders can just send guinies out to knock down bane trees and end it before the attackers have a chance to breach a wall.  A handshake mechanic for sieges would be great too; sitting in our keep for fifteen minutes while every other guild online does the same is pretty dull.
  3.   Combat has a very shallow skill curve in small scale, and nearly no individual skill in large scale.  There is little in the way of animation cancelling, few skills have a visible wind-up or tell, and there's minimal way to dodge away from attacks.  The relatively long time to kill and the fact that most abilities you just use on cooldown without needing to think about whether it's the right time for it further exacerbates this.  Beyond things like getting close to my target when I'm a melee class, or not standing on top of the puddle of death, there's really not much I need to do individually to be a better fighter than the red bars in front of me.
  4.   The harvesting/crafting/using loop is missing a key step.  With how much durability crafted items have, there is no reason for me to get another great mace made until the passive skills and leapfrogging of crafter vessels and gear means my guild is making notably better weapons.  It takes real time and effort to harvest the materials for, and craft, top end gear, but once you have a full set it just doesn't break; my crafters will be putting out a higher tear of gear before I ever actually need a replacement.  We likely need faster decay, or full loot on death with each equipped or carried item having a chance of being destroyed or lootable.  Granted, if gear is getting lost more readily, you probably need to make it less tedious and time consuming to craft gear, but if items never go out of circulation then there is little reason to keep farming.
  5.  Related to the above, once we have the materials we need for the current tier of gear we can produce as a guild, there's not much reason for me to be online outside of siege hours.  Even before that, there's no real reason for me to go interact with players outside of my alliance, or really leave our zone at all.  I can find our the materials I need in one zone, and fighting other players just slows down our harvesting, so even if it is more fun than skinning, I have no in game incentive to interact with enemy players.

If you could ask the Team member one question, what would you like to know? 

As many have asked already, I often wonder how much time the devs spend actually playing the game.  There are a lot of things that seem balanced on paper that just don't work out that way in game, or activities that are more of a nuisance than I think you realize.

When was the last time you logged into Crowfall?

Yesterday

Feedback for Tiggs on this weekly forum post if any. 

Top 5 Crowfall likes (things you feel we're doing great on). 

1. Your community engagement the last few months has been awesome and very refreshing. Please keep that up. And does Gordon ever sleep?
  2. You’ve made all the classes useful in some form of combat. But not all promos are viable. It’s been nice not having to tell someone the class they want to play is junk across the board. Helps player retention. 
  3. Love how easy is to level. Please please don’t ever make it a grind. 
  4. I like the domains concept. Tho I think there needs to be a bit more refining to get the domains that actually benefits the promo in the right place. It does take away from that 1-2 mandatory/optimal build issue which is great. 

Top 5 Crowfall dislikes (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

1.  The skill bar for combat has been dropped considerably. I’m 5.100 and before the good players/guilds were the ones who could get on target quickly and burst someone down. From 5.12 to current there’s been a steady shift from a game of skill to a drop AoEs game. I know we wanted a better bunker buster than Archdruid but now that’s all there is. The aoe puddles being available on every class takes away from the specializing aspect of the game
  2.   40% healers required for viability is not fun. People wanting to main healers is a big minority in any mmo. And then basically being forced to play one so you can be competitive makes people just not want to log in. 
  3.   No raids. Would really be nice to have raid groups (multiple 5 man groups) and have a UI that allows the raid leader to shuffle people around. 
  4.   The crafter soul proc is bad. It was taking me 15-20 junk items to get 1 soul. Another guildie crafter 42 items before he got 1. It might not feel as bad when starting completely over from a full wipe. 

Top 5 bugs on LIVE (that we may have missed and wish would be fixed). Please be specific and constructive.

1.   The door bug is aids. 
  2.   This should be #1 but the hitching is awful. Frames have been notably better but the hitching is as bad as it’s ever been in my time here. 
  3. When crafting sometimes the UI bugs out and whether you large or small reroll it skips straight to naming the item. So if you large reroll you don’t get to small reroll and it skips past.  

Do you even sturdy bro?!

Yesterday

All feedback above this post  has been received, this is a placeholder post for my own records. If you plan to make any changes to a post above this  and want the change seen, you'll need to create a new post in this thread. All posts that have been added to my tracking sheet have been liked.  Thank you everyone, please continue to post feedback and I'll continue to collect it.   Also, please don't go back and forth in this thread, every person has an opinion and feedback, and it's all valued. If you don't agree with something, take it to another post, don't bicker in my thread *shakes finger*. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

one small thing else btw when it comes to patch notes values go along way :) you guys have gotten better at it recently for example recent patch notes

This is great.
Champion: Pitfighter promotion for neckbreaker healing has been reduced from 2625 to 2350

This is not as good
Promotion powers now do more damage or healing than other powers. (then list off a bunch of power that got changed)

Problem here is we dunno how much it got changed by could be 0.01% dmg bonus to 100% increase who knows :P and some powers dont even have damage or healing listed take trap master for example that one a buff. Do my traps do more dmg now? or does the buff last longer doesnt it have higher %trap rate does the trap duration get increased who even knows :P
Im not to fussed when it beta but when the game releases more concise updates with the changes will go a long long way because people are not just looking at there own classes at that point and wanna know how other classes got changed so they know how much more dmg they do and so on now

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1. I like the crafting experience, because it's not only garbage until it's on max level and most craft needs another guy
  2. I like the siege mechanism with the trees outside the keep, it allow some strategy
  3. I like how we can win a campaign, it's not only territory, because it's refreshing and more tactical
  4. I like the EK's ! It's like our own server, i cant wait to have many activities on it ( like gvg / market ... )
  5. I like the mothernode ! We have to play for everything, even farm, it will bond the guilds

Top 5 Crowfall dislikes (what you feel we could be doing better on or a pesky game mechanic that you don't enjoy) and how can we make it better? 

1.  I dislike the VIP, by principal because we dont know what is in it.
  2.  I dislike current the siege windows, because i cant be on time after work, i live in paris so i'm mostly home at 8pm or latter
  3.  I dislike the camera, on fight, it's really too close, you cant see your mates, you cant see your target
  4.  I dislike some missing functionnality in big fight : no tag on the lead, no color on the aoe,
  5. I dislike the raid interface, because it doesnt exists ...

Top 5 bugs on LIVE (that we may have missed and wish would be fixed). Please be specific and constructive.

1. French translation for the skills is really garbage and should be remove until it's done. 
  2. The allied dummy are broken for 2 years now, it's very usefull to test the healers.
  3. The mothernode quest is not working, the pnj is not helping, new player doesnt understand
  4. When we come back to infected, we get new grey stuff, almost every time, it's not a big deal but it's annoying when we reach overflow.
  5. When we finish a level, we restart the next at 0, it give frustration for new player when they sacrifice everything and get only one level

What will be in the VIP ?

i'm currently logged in

Thanks !

1. I like small scale fights because they are snappy and responsive while giving opportunities for outplay.  
  2. I enjoy the reward of farming materials and gear progression, despite the pain of farming crafter disciplines.
  3. I like the class changes, things feel a little bit more level; however, there are many promos (arbiter comes to mind) which are still in a really terrible spot.
  4. I like that there are multiple ways to play that are rewarded, but understanding the game enough to be able to exploit them could be a challenge for new players. 
  5. I like the game when there's more people on, the game feels much more alive and dangerous.

1.  I dislike the multiple layers of RNG associated with farming disciplines.  Disciplines being RNG based on the spawn and the drop feels really bad and despite no lifing the game recently, we are hard pressed to get blue disciplines to put in our blue vessels, artificially keeping us behind.  The obvious change here is allowing us to equip green or white disciplines on higher level vessels, something that was proposed but didn't make it into live. 
  2.   I dislike that Bloody Rose invalidates a class defining major that I used to get for free.  It needs to be removed or the stealth knockout mechanics need to be changed or Tunnel King will be relegated to the "yeah sounds cool but useless" pile.  That would mean you'd have to figure out something to do with duelist stealth.  
  3.   I dislike that bleeds that I perform keep me in combat, and it feels nearly impossible to refresh abilities like Feral Instincts during a fight as a result of Buckshot and Severe Bleed.  This also goes for dot damage on me, i should be able to restealth and be out of combat with a dot on me, my stealth should just break next tick.  This would give duelist more chances to outplay and use positioning to control a fight without changing the damage output.  
  4.   I dislike that Faerie Fire puts my stealth on cooldown much longer than the duration of the ability.  FF also being uncleansable by my ult makes me sad.
  5. The Duelist kit cull was too much, too many cool and thematic abilities were simply removed.  I use 1 major and 2 minors to get my "kit back" which feels gross when i have so much reliance on things like Tunnel, Recon, and Snipe (i think gfb on a major is ok).   Those are autopicks for every duelist in the game that is focused on killing other players.

1.   Are bleeds intended to keep players in stealth for the duration of the bleed?
  2.   AOE fields are breaking ults even while invuln, especially ones that trigger stealth.
  3. FF lasting past the duration of the ability might be a bug?  
  4. Pepperbox hit reg is really hit or miss (HA), ppl may be immune tho - can we get a DR'd popup similar to the immune popup that happens during ults?  that'd be dope

How can we make the game more fun for new players?  Despite my chirping in general chat nonstop to the ancients in the game, I try to treat new players kindly.  Where do they fall out of the Crowfall experience?  Is there anything we can do to help them?  

This afternoon.

It would be good to see an idea of where you think you're succeeding and what you need more insight on from the playerbase.  

1. I like PVP until 15v15 maybe 20v20 but not more currently
  2. I like the new domain style even if it needs some balance
  3. I like having to play together in all areas of the game, PvP, harveting (with mothernodes), and crafting 
  4. I like community can be listened, not everytime but really often
  5. I like the idea of EKs even if it needs lot of thing to be good 

1.  Performance is large scale fight
  2.   i dislike how easy it is to get resource with caravan
  3.   i dislike that Energetic harvesting is time lock AND need a discipline to be active... so stupid... it was a funny thing let ppl have it easily even in a weaker form
  4.   I dislike to have to go to the lobby to go on a EK, put a portal on temple for this  

1.   frost armor and some zone still not visible on ek when pvp activated
  2.   too much errors on translation (for french) 
  3.  healing dummies are not working

could you tell us what you will put on VIP? what is your limit for the game release?

today

Really cool to have you here

1. Up to 15v15 combat feels great
  2. Building characters and group specs is super fun. I remain concerned about finding good builds only to get them nerfed because people complaining don't understand what it took to make. I'd like more flexibility.
  3. The feel of the world, especially with seasons. I would love if there was even more gradient during the seasons, but even so.
  4. That discipline hunting is a thing
  5. Heralds, kings, chiefs, ancients (some more improvements to their loot tables would help)

1. That the dropped gear prefix/suffix system is not available to crafters. I would let us disenchant drops for their prefix and suffix additives, and let crafters add them at final combine.
  2. Group size 5 just does not feel great, I'd love to see 8 
  3. Stat caps. They feel arbitrary.
  4. The pace and feeling of keep building and sieging. Shadowbane was beautiful because we built our home and literally lived there. Our spheres of influence were clear and contested. Here, it evokes little feeling, and I don't care about where I live.
  5. That every zone I go into feels identical to the other zones. The same materials are available, the camps look similar, the keeps and forts are identical, the forest, mountain, caverns are too. I understand the limitation, and I would primarily ask for a complete shift on relative abundance and shortage of harvestables, mob types, pack pigs, forts, and disciplines by zone.

I've been putting up bugs fairly consistently, so I'll pass here.

I would ask Todd if there is a way to do something in between free-build and what we have now, when it comes to city planting and building. He should recall that Shadowbane was not free-building, it's protection and ranking system was very elegant, and it's puzzle piece placement was really enjoyable. We need to build a guild home, if this game is going to be niche. We need to live, bind, recall, rez in that space we built and protect together.

Today

Edited by McTan

From the perspective of a small guild, and the roles we have played in the throne war.

1. Thrall towns (when people actually need souls).  Excellent driver for small - mid scale pvp.  You know when to show up (night, so there is no need for the events tab), and you get meaningful loot which you cannot farm in GR / Infected.
  2. Cyclical progression and balance cycles.  Introducing new combat mechanics, characters and skills when things are starting to become stagnant.
  3. Free Cities in No Import Dregs.  Drives a very active economy for war tribe gear, food, building materials, and (if time and skills permit) crafted items.
  4. War tribe camps in No Import Dregs.  The items are meaningful and thus drive pvp
  5. Alliances.  Solved extreme combat disadvantages for guilds who chose to remain sovereign, and fixed having to do guild mergers on the website.

1. Linear character progression and continual imports are out of place in this game.  People feel attached to their characters and vessels which will hinder needed/necessary balancing changes (due to the unique build system) in the future.  The solution is to keep the linear character progression in the context of a campaign and introduce patches between campaign cycles.  Additionally, there is a finite end to the linear progression once legendary vessels and gear are obtained, and no plan to address this.  The simplest solution is to keep character / vessel progression in the context of the campaign.  The more difficult solution is to continually provide newer endgame content like traditional MMOs.
  2. You cannot easily communicate with players outside of your alliance / discord.  Tells are hidden behind tab layers and chat often goes ignored.
  3. A large quantity of characters are currently unable to escape combat, and are forced to die when put "In Combat" by a larger force.  This makes even traversing DREGS extremely challenging for small groups who do not play certain characters.  It would be nice to see more mobility and escape options which do not put you into combat.  Disciplines like "Escape Artist" or "Speedy Retaliate" should actually give you the ability to escape since you are trading those choices over damage/health options.

1. Please fix the ability to move around in full stealth on any character with camouflage.  This has been reported multiple times by multiple people.  DM me if you need details.

Will there be another No Import DREGS?  Are No Import rule-sets planned post release?

Today

Edited by Atraeus

1. I like the diverty of gameplay many classe many playstyle , especially in the heal because that what i play.
  2. I like the harvesting of ressource , I find the idea of Mothernode Brillant ! nothing is better than harvest in group 
  3. I like the deep of the crafting system i am new and only try it on test server  but it so deep ! there is different ressource and you can mix them for have the stat you want then after this you can experiment it's wonderfull 
  4. I like pvp battle 15v15 20v20 . its for me a good format because you still feel impactfull.  and its all other world thant5v5 pvp that is fun too in this game but lack of goal
  5. i like the guild driven gameplay , i like be in a game or you MUST play together that's the purpose of online gaming in my opinion.

1.  I dislike the lack of pvp goal outside siege time. Castle with siege time are great ! but i feel some other objectif to capt at anytime that give some reward like capture a fort to have acess at a mine to harvest R10 mine (and no other r10 in the world )  
  2.   I don't like that mob can loot  epic in God reach , in fact in woold like to see  only green in infected , blue in Campagn and epic behind a pvp gate ( tournament , King of the hill  or  keep a fort more than 3 day in row you got special reward in chest )
  3.   i don't like the too big ammount of materials in caravan , caravan system is fun and good but in some point you just stop mining  quarriying or logging only to do caravan  because its more profiteable . they are not contest enough may be it will not be an issue with bigger population  but for now big guild only do this .
  4.   I don't like the change of faction in infected  on god reach its not a big deal but i hope it will be inexistant in faction campaign
  5. i don't that nobody care of pvp siege / keep in Infected  we should see the bigger fight in this area. They should be army   of the 3 faction at the keep timer but no . maybe there is not much goal to have this .

1.   Last pach not talk about a up of "blessing protection" crusader promotion i did not see evolution in the game.

How will work the system that allow a new member to be not too behind in the passiv template skill.

Today

I also very like the  idea of such post ;)  keep the great work.  Its because of you (community and people who work on the game ) that we can have so much fun so Thank you !!

1. Unstructered PVP. Every new encounter is different from previous ones. The game never gets boring as long as you have some people to fight over something.
  2. Community. You make friends and enemies (good ones) pretty quickly. You have to stick to a side and fight for it. When your side wins, you feel great not only because you will get great rewards, but because all your side worked together and you will remember campaign highlights, which helped/made your win, for a long time #warstories.
  3. Server/Network performance. It is coming close to 250 people fights  without lags. That is the magic number when fight is still controllable and fun and not just chaos. I can't wait when client performance catchs up.
  4. Different rulesets/campaigns. I believe that is the most important feature of Crowfall that will make game happen. We all are different types of players. Some are more casual, some are pretty hardcore, a lot of people in between. The fun fact is that depending on real-life situation your type can change over time. This month I can play 24/7 and try to win with my guild, but the next month I am getting new project and can't play hardcore anymore. Dregs, The Shadow, Infected allow you to pick your level of "hardcordness".
  5. Win conditions. They are decks of cards and can be different in different rulesets and different campaigns. All the games out there can't find a balance between small scale players vs blobbers. However unique Crowfall design allows to run several different campaigns with different win conditions: one would favor small scale players, one would favor blobbers. Whatever unsolvable balance issue the game will have, we can always make a special campaign for it and easily figure out if it is fun without needs of patching the game/balance/whatever.

1. Little impact of offtime activities. You can win campaign by just playing sieges, there should be more to it. 
  2. No incentive to make money inside campaign (and outside too). We have wealth cards, but for some reason the richest people do not win. People with more strongholds, running pigs all day, win instead. That's weird.
  3. The lack of Major and Minor disciplines. Yeah, we have a lot. But not enough yet. We need more great options.
  4. No guild UI in-game. Crowfall is such a social game, yet you have to go on website to do guild stuff.  The game should lead you into a guild of your dream asap with minimal obsticales.
  5. Elephant in the room - client performance.

1. Your DoTs pull you out of stealth, because DoT damage triggers Thorns or passive procs (e.g. Sun Burn). This makes stealther gameplay a casino.
  2. Unstable character state changes. It mostly happens during Ultimates now. E.g. permanent invisibilty, flying druids, not working Confessor/Assassin stealth. It is super rare and super random, but super frustrating.
  3. Random teleports. That old bug when you hit something invisible and get teleported across the map. Again super rare and super frustrating. It can save your life though :D
  4. Random crashes.
  5. Launcher downloads the whole file even if only 1KB changed in it. It is super frustrating for players with slow connection.

Will you support players tools/addons/extensions for the game? Are you planning on opening APIs for it?

Today.

-

Edited by ComradeAma

1. I like this community outreach that this Post is doing. Collecting the data from the testers is a great way to find the best feedback and apply it to the game. Thanks!
  2.  I like the disciplines, although I think there could be some more of them (or allow for more cross-domain disciplines). For example, I miss having the escape artist and some mobility disciplines and I'm not sure my class has access to it.
  3.  I like the idea of Free Cities and hope it expands to allow more player vendors & construction.
  4.  I like the 1v1 PvP when I do happen to encounter someone in the game.
  5.  I like the full loot mechanic.

1.  I dislike that a majority of players are in God's Reach and I think it should be lessened by adding more incentives to leave God's Reach for other "realms". For example, limit the resources to Tier 1 & move lvl 25-30 mobs into Infected Campaign.
  2.   Remove the seige timer's for Forts. I feel like this is something left over from the "point system" from the previous faction vs faction gameplay. To be honest, I think the future is the Dregs campaign and it would be safe to remove the Fort timers from Infected Campaigns and Dregs campaigns. Make the large siege battles for the Keeps (in order to hold on to those crafting tables!)
  3.   I dislike how empty and inorganic the world can seem at times. There should be something to fill the time from running from point X to Y. I am a solo player, so if there isn't other solo players to fight I would like to see more plants to harvest, more roaming rare creatures to hunt and harvest, or some other small and quick tasks.
  4.   I dislike how there doesn't seem to be a player based economy. There is all this focus on crafting and resources, but there should also be a way for a player to set up an afk shop or sell items to players that is more accessible. 
  5.   I dislike that I have to create a new vessel if I misplaced a talent point. I would like to see a way to purchase max level vessels like other people are suggesting. Make it so you can even buy Tier 1 white vessels at max level. Please.

1.   I don't like how the enemies disappear through the floor.
  2.   I dislike how enemies can seemingly keep hitting you at range after you have lost LOS (line of sight). For example if I run through a mine and aggro a bunch of enemies, I keep taking tons of damage after dashing and gaining distance and trying to put a rock between us.
  3.   Performance I think generally needs to be improved so we can eventually have the game that I think crowfall envisioned with destructible player-built houses and Keeps.

What are the top 5 features that will be in the game prior to launch (that are not currently in the game or something that will be changed).

I logged in at 6.2 and was enjoying the new experience but lost interest after I wasn't happy with a spent talent point and I didn't want to level a new character of the same class just to change it,

Thanks again!

Edited by ilogos

1. Regular pace of updates has been great. It's encouraging to see the progress being made lately.
  2. Concept for Campaign and Victory card system, even with some flaws, is unique and exciting.
  3. Building up of keeps adds nice depth to the campaign, and adds a sense of investment. More personalization options would enhance this further.
  4. Small to medium scale PvP feels good and keeps me coming back in hope of finding those 'gud fights'.
  5. There's a lot to enjoy about the flavor of the Crowfall world: environments, art style, races/classes, and lore. It's been a joy to watch these elements become more rich over time, and I look forward to seeing what new exciting things you guys continue to create.

Dislikes:
1 . Prevalence of grinding / Lack of fun activities outside of siege windows

Spoiler

My #1, biggest complaint right now - and honestly if real progress is made in this area I think crowfall will be very successful -  is that most all activities outside of siege windows are farming/grinding items: harvesting resources, wartribes for gear/sac items, thralls for disciplines, animals for crafting items, pack pigs for building; even many of the victory cards are straight grind X items. Grinding may be a necessary evil, but grinding for grinding's sake leads to unenjoyable gameplay. Much is needed to 'dress up' these tasks to be more entertaining. To the extent possible, fun gameplay activities/elements should be added that drive player activity in the campaign worlds while making the collection of resources/items (the grind) a secondary benefit. Some ideas: Wartribe shrines - a horde/king-of-the-hill event where players fight waves of NPCs (and Enemy PCs) for victory points and rewards. Monster relics - a capture-the-flag event where players kill a boss monster and carry a loot item to a shrine within the same zone, courier becomes visible beacon from great distance. Caravans - Payload type events where a caravan of pigs travels a set path and is waylaid by NPCs and other events along the path, caravan spawn triggered by player resource turn-ins. These kind of minigame/quest events would help break up the grind while also providing PvP flashpoints outside of siege windows. The nature of these events needs to be highly distributed with several active in a zone at any one time, to discourage zerging the events.

2 . Economy

Spoiler

The current economic systems don't function well. Buying/selling items is a big headache. The value of resources is out of whack due to the passive income generated by forts and pack pig rewards being out of line with the investment required. Added to this, harvesting is basically anemic. Some market, search, and/or advertising board solution is needed, and I don't think EKs alone are able to provide that in a functional way. Rewards and value of items/resources needs to be more uniformly and directly tied to player time investments, and more work is needed to ensure that resource/item/gold sinks are functioning to control deflation/inflation.

3. Passive training system

Spoiler

Much digital ink has been spilled on this. I still feel that the current passive training system discourages new players because it doesn't allow them to competitively fill a niche in combat/crafting/harvesting. The progression system also feels rather bland due to being heavily based on stat increases with little else of interest. In many areas (combat especially) I don't think it offers meaningful progression or specialization. In addition to other fixes, I think adjusting the system to be more about horizontal progression, so that depth in a single area is gained quickly with breadth comes with time invested, would improve the feel greatly. More detailed feedback in these posts:

Passive Training Hurts the Game

Passive Training Review

4. Meaningful victories

Spoiler

Rewards are starting to roll out, which is nice to see. Winning a campaign still feels meaningless outside of bragging rights. I'd like to see something like a battle-pass type system that rewards personal involvement as well as guild performance with trinkets, cosmetics, EK items. I'd also like to see multiple paths to multiple victories, so that smaller guilds can compete over different victory conditions than the large territory owning guilds. I'm not convinced that the per-member victory cards are the right way to achieve this; they feel too easily exploited especially with alliances. Personal and Guild PvP ranks could be another longer time horizon reward system that connects campaigns together. I could see these being soft reset on like a yearly basis or based on PvP seasons.

5. Eternal Kingdoms, what's the point?

Spoiler

It's kinda cool that you can do some amount of free building in EKs, but mostly they just feel like empty, dead, and pointless worlds. I guess they check the 'player housing exists' box in some way, but what is the purpose of these worlds? I'm struggling to see the vision here. Maybe EKs could be a city/village simulator with NPC citizens, upgradeable components, quests and events. Like a mini version of something like animal crossing? In part this could help function as a sink for resources, items, and gold. At any rate, they need to feel more vibrant, alive, and purposeful.

Any team members - what's you're favorite aspect of the game, why?

Today. Semi-regularly on weekends mostly.

Thanks for your efforts.

Edited by Pystkeebler

Top 5 Crowfall likes (things you feel we're doing great on).

1. the overall vision for GvG in open world, with ownership and its benefits
  2. No tab-targeting, LoS/positioning and group composition are important
  3. alliance system

Top 5 Crowfall dislikes and how can we make it better?

1. the weighty play-feel of basic combat mechanics: long animation locks and a particularly heavy and frequent cc break (Retaliate), there has been some improvement since I started a year ago
  2. there's currently no support for visual organizing in larger groups, in particular need ways to quickly id and locate leadership – impress us
  3. the UI is barely average, even older mmorpg's allow for reposition, resize, optional styles, etc. for UI elements, also for monitoring specific, vital buffs or debuffs.
  4. campaign progress and siege time info should be directly and quickly accessible, esp. without needing to go through the ponderous and difficult to use map; in fact the map itself should be easier and quicker to use on the fly in a PvP game and not have to worry about running into an abyss
  5. balance is perhaps too often achieved via nerfs back to the mean, there should be dangerous or disruptive potentialities among the classes, especially wherein coordinated skill is rewarded.

Top 5 bugs on LIVE..

1. Performance is still a problem, and may be the holy grail of mmorpg's, some nice progress has been made, we're on your side
  2. block will cancel an ability if activated before that ability's animation has completed, but you still get the cooldown; I liked the recent animation cancelling, but maybe the current implementation is by design
  3. UI lag is a serious problem, for example finding yourself dead with significant health left on your bar, and the only saving grace for ability use in general has been the visual and auditory feedback of a successful ability cast, which occurs well before the bar confirms it

Today. Probably 6/7 days this week.

TY for listening!

On 11/18/2020 at 4:12 PM, ACE-Tiggs said:

In a Galaxy far, far away (and many other games I worked on), I would post a weekly Top 5 for feedback and bugs from the Community. This would help me in providing feedback to the team (in addition to all of the other feedback posted on the forums) and also let us know where we are doing good.  So I'd like to start doing this weekly with you, my murder of Crows.  I've even included a place where you can provide me feedback about this thread, (you may want to see a different question listed or want to offer suggestions for a question of the week).  This is separate from our feedback posts we have for LIVE and TEST, as those are more for the patches at the time. 

1. I like the theorycrafting environment on test.  The available mats for crafting are useful.  You could do better by providing larger stacks of things.. there's no reason to give us a stack of 20 ore when full stacks are 200.  Just give us the full stack to reduce clicking.
  2. Small group PvP is where Crowfall combat shines.  Anything under about 8 a side is great fun.
  3. The variety of race/class combos is nice, though I wish it were even more expansive.  Half elf knights should be viable animation-wise and art-wise, for example.

1.  The crafting system remains too tedious.  200 clicks just to make the armor coatings for a single set of armor for a single character is ridiculous.
  2.   There's nowhere to find small group combat in Crowfall.  It's what the game does best, but the way the game is designed, if it's worth bringing 5 players to do something, it's worth bringing 20.  So all the stuff you'd expect to do in a small group requires a large group, lest you get run over by a large group.  In the dregs ruleset, dmg immunity and healing effectiveness should apply only to your group, not your alliance/guild.
  3.   Group size of 5 is too limiting.  I would like to see the limit raised to 8, though even 6 or 7 would help.
  4.   Large group combat in Crowfall is a huge mess.  Because of the way ground target AE heals work, blobbing up in healing puddles is the way large fights are fought.  If GTAE heals were caster's group-only, that'd help a lot.
  5. There is too much work and not enough fun involved in Crowfall gameplay.  I wrote a huge post on this back in October, and my opinion remains the same.

1.   All my bug reports have been acknowledged, so I know they weren't missed.

What are you doing to fix the work/fun imbalance in Crowfall?  Be specific.

A few minutes ago.  I test 40+ hours a week.

Thanks for doing this.  Please encourage the designers to act on the information we're providing.

Edited by Durenthal

1. 6.2 changes feel good and classes are more viable
  2. For the most part player pop in the EU and NA dregs was good.

1.  There's no colorblind mode. Which is wild as most modern titles have it built in....not asking for a left arm and leg. Just a way to make my enemies purple and my teammates yellow.
  2.   Currently forts are too safe and provide no counterplay. In a game about risk you grab a fort and then log in for 24 hours to grab the loot then log out.
  3.   The barb stakes change is too extreme and makes most stakes or taking double stakes awful
  4.   The indicators at the top on the compass should be colored so that you can tell where specific members of the party are. 
  5. We didn't get 3 points on our landless card last dregs and no one has said how are why this occurred. 

1.  Under Lightfoot the ability Forest Step will not let you do the second part of the combo if the ability is on a different key on the ranged and melee bar. 

Example: If Forest Step is on T in the ranged tray and then on something like mouse 4 in the melee tray it will do the first half of the ability but then will not do the second half (slow and dmg). You will be locked out of the second half of the combo entirely.

2.   I have bug where in game things that are red and things that are green appear as grey...its almost like im colorblind????

When can we expect UI changes (and yes a colorblind mode)?

I have played everyday for the past 4 months 

Please keep putting number values on patch notes. 

I'm going to keep this thread running until after the holiday. Please feel free to continue posting, and I'll gather the feedback and add it to my tracker.  All posts up to this one have been added.   

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Things I like most  

1. I like that the game provides a lot of options of things you can do with your time. Harvesting, Crafting, PVP. 
  2. I like that the EKs are working a bit better now in that more people can start them up and such, it shows promise, and I really appreciate it, but it's not to the point where I would take it off the table for room for improvement.

Areas that can be improved 

1.  I dislike the concept of rock paper scissor balance for pvp. This difference is seen especially when doing 1v1 or smaller groups, which I know seeks to get more people to group together etc to have bigger fights, but when you are wanting to do anything other than strictly pvp, it can be a hassle to organize. If you have classes that have great damage and sustain so they can solo chiefs and others that cant you can not say the game is balanced. Do some homework, you guys can take a look at death numbers, kill numbers, time played on the different classes by different players, what classes are overplayed what classes are underplayed,  look at if there are classes that are just really popular during sieges. Take these factors into account and you will be able to see trends and what things are low bring up what things are high stabilize, don't nerf people to see if the nerf to them and the buff to others balance it, be scientific change one factor at a time and see what is actually occurring.

2. I dislike the fact that the people gathering materials by hand are at such a disadvantage.  With 6.2 bonuses were added to crafting but the exploration got completely ignored. Is it nice that a crafter can now be used in combat better? Yes, its nice that occurred, I mean I don't see much of a point to it, crafters are easier to keep loaded up on mats in a crafting area, but ya its nice that it will be easier to live if you get attacked while crafting at a keep. Harvesting Exploration discs though, remain the same. Harvesters are out in world and are diminishing their stamina bar, leaving them at the end of a node whether it be tree stone, or ore, with a depleted if not non-existent stamina bar, so all an enemy has to do is come up to you hit you with one status effect beat on you, and then a second and finish you off because your stamina will not respond fast enough in accruing to be able to get out of it, yet this more combat intensive exploration disc gets no stat points only skills, doesn't make sense. Solution? add on a shielding property to status effects while farming, an increase to stamina pool so that you have some remaining after each node, a cd timer added to you while harvesting that helps to regain stamina at an excessive rate if you get attacked and forced into combat interface so that you have the ability to gain the chance to fight back or even just a passive that grants 50 stamina if attacked while gathering.  I understand the idea of wanting to encourage ganking etc. but wouldn't it be just as fun to have someone jump the farmer who is legitimately farming and trying to do economy stuff and have them now have the upper hand. Just seems the harvesting exploration discs are getting screwed when its the harvesters pushing economy for the most part (as a crafter can do nothing without mats) and people pointing out economy problems, it just might make a good change for the game.

3. I dislike the vendor options in game. While its nice that vendors can go into the EKs now and that they are more viable than they have been before, its still not something that is really dependable.  Free city in campaign is more dependable than EK's just because you don't have to add nobles that will open up the EK so that your stores can be up at whatever time someone would like to buy something etc. Not having a place that is accessible to all people to put up stalls hinders players especially those that do not belong to a large guild, from being able to acquire the things that will propel them further into the game (that will make them better seen for larger guild active recruitment) or sell things in order to gain the disciplines that they will need to survive longer to get what they need to better themselves.  Can they do this with the EK system is currently? Sure if an EK happens to be up, and if they have the time to go through them, and if the eks actually end up having a vendor stashed away somewhere in it, and if that vendor stashed away somewhere in it just so happens to be stocked, and if it is stocked with the items that they are actually looking for.  Perhaps if you have a vendor that is operating and consuming gold to operate, the EK it is in should be available without booting it up, we gain passive experience, we should be able to passively sell especially if we have a vendor that is consuming our gold to preform that function.  Another way to solve this is to make a great trade city, or even a few, could be established that are accessible at all times by all people.  I know that this was tried in the temples, I would like to see it tried again in the temples. The problem that was faced in the temples is one that not everyone was able to gain access to a slot etc, so perhaps you can make it so that the vendors when placed have a count down placed on them so that they last for 1-2 weeks and then there is a cooldown on that account that keeps the account from placing another vendor in the temple for 1-2 months. This same method could be applied to the special vendor cities too. If it's too complicated to program this into the actual account, it could always be done on the actual vendor itself, placing a usage timer on it, but doing this would be only a secondary option as it would not keep anyone from just purchasing dozens of vendors and just cycling them. I would also suggest that when the vendor runs out of currency to operate on that it not cannibalize the items that are on the vendor but the vendor and its contents simply disappear; if someone is going to own and manage a shop they should be maintaining the shop or someone who would maintain it should be able to be there in their place.  This would not only allow a revolving door for all players to try to place vendors, but it will also eliminate the practice of one person putting down a vendor as a place holder for another person because if they did that, they would face not having the ability to sell at all for a while themselves. In a game that requires you to constantly get gear etc, where you can break a drop item within a weekend if you go hard at it, it is important to provide the players the ability to outfit themselves  without requiring them to join a large guild operating on the socialist/communist everyone put all you can in so everyone can get geared. 

1. 6.2 bringing a lot of classes into the fold. Making them actually work.
  2.  Combat for me seems very easy to get used to and I always feel I can make a play to win a fight, unless its Symmca. Kids nutty.
  3. Performance up to 15v15 feels way better. I don't drop down to 10 fps and can still consistently fight and again make plays.
  4. Campaign Win Conditions, I like that seasons change what you "need" to do. The cards need some work but the idea is really good
  5. Tiggs, didn't have a community manager for a while. Tiggs is on discord and we can at least get a hold of someone to get community out reach. (Fight Night, got canceled but we got help with it thanks to her.)
  6.  I'm sorry there's a 6th because the outpost guard change is really good. I farmed 420 captures last campaign and all that food really helped me harvesting and the combat food I didn't want to take the time to make.

1.  Forts are free resources for 24 hours. They're seeming to drop less high quality materials but still, it stops guilds from running pigs or harvesting frequently.
  2. Cards need tuning. Reversal of Fortune gave +12 points for taking the most keeps in winter. Which is more than the previous 3 seasons combined. That's just wrong any way you put it. 
  3. Some classes get invulnerable too often. Frostweavers can do it 3+ times a fight, Confessors get 3 CHARGED ults a fight. I fought nyurt a good 60 times, all he did was run because he could. He has 3 ults and can just run forever.
  4. The ability to game cards. Iconoclasts comes to mind. Killing enemy shrines inside keeps is stupid. 1. Once placed they can be destroyed before a siege so no one can get the points 2. Guilds can band together to kill each others shrines.
  5.  This is a 2 parter but basically the same. 1 Patch notes should be precise and tell me what's changed. Saying "Promotion powers now do more damage or healing than other powers." Doesn't say how much was changed. Also Ranger Trap Master got an internal cooldown of 1 sec, which is a nerf and Duelist Into The Shadows doesn't do damage or healing so either a different ability was buffed/nerfed or....
  6. There's a 6/7th get mad. Shadow nerfing abilities/stats is terrible stop it. 1. Pepperbox was nerfed and no mention of it on patch notes. 2. Attack Power was nerfed by half with no mention also no change to Support Power. S T O P I T

1. Landless Cards not working. Doomsday Visage says while landless kill 40 enemy players on a fort/keep parcel. Apparently this means don't hold outposts or forts. Which then you can't get capture points for Top Power. Also the next season Fall there was a card for any landless guild to own 5 outposts. HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE if outposts count as land.. Then we contact support and they say they can't/won't fix it. We killed 77 players on a fort/keep parcel, I'm missing my 3 power points.
  2. Winter Outposts were either bugged or the working as intended mechanic is moronic. You cap an outpost for 6 points and all the points are being reset after the outpost is capture by another party. If this is intended it's bad, if it's a bug it's really bad. Good thing I contacted support and got I'll talk to QA and then not messaged again. "It's a Beta" comes to mind but when we all care (and yes we all care, about winning) these types of moments can reflect us not getting Top Power placing. We basically insured we'd get at least 4 points by taking an EU Fort so the points could accumulate while the last day ended. We thought about sitting on an outpost the last 5 minutes and getting 4 points for at least having an outpost. Needless to say, getting an actual response would have been nice. I find the support team doesn't know enough and often has to ask QA or an actual dev about it.
  3. Gryphon Artifacts aren't giving proper xp values.
  4. SIN ULT... I joke... so Faerie Fire. So when you Faerie Fire someone it prevents stealth, but it also puts stealth on CD. So even if I purge the FF I still have a CD on my stealth ability. So many times I had to double ultimate as an assassin because of FF.
  5. Snarky heh, Puppy was saying he couldn't colors. Possible visual bug.

Does a guild count as 10 members until it goes over that number. I wanted to know if a single guild can game the Per Member cards. I have an idea about the guild membership but would like a solid answer.

Literally every day last campaign for 8+ hours. Some of my answers are snide/snarky but these are issues small fish face against large guilds. We came in 3rd while not holding a keep, and could have lost top power if KDS/ABY wanted us to. It was a very stressful last 2 days of campaign, thank god I had free pasta coupons.

Edited by arcticx