Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.200 LIVE Feedback for 11/20/2020

6.200 LIVE Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to LIVE Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• ACE-Tiggs changed the title to 6.200 LIVE Feedback for 11/20/2020
  • ACE-Tiggs pinned this topic
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Soul essence sells for way too much, farming disciplines should not be the best source of gold (nor should forts, it should be farming wartribe) Soul thralls are useless. Delete the soul thrall

Just gonna say can i please nickname my characters in someway to tell them appart (Without having to wait for a vessel) ranger 1: Crafter Ranger 2: warden (Dark) Ranger 3: Archer (Dark build)

Unlocking the Minor Discipline should unlock the nodes above and below it too

The Radical promotion power "Word of Wrath" and the Adjudicatior Major discipline power "Adjudicate" share the same icon and this can be a little confusing.

Is there any plans on having new/different icons? Even keeping the same art but changing the color of the icon would help to differentiate them.

The Knight needs a base kit damage buff and ideally more engaging interactions now that we lost shield bash passive. For perspective, I played a Secutor Knight in 6.1 and it was often laughed at for doing no damage. However, I found that using Force Mage and Holy Avenger gave me competitive dps to other classes and was quite powerful. Force Mage passive would work on all of my barriers and cleave targets while Battle Chant slapped along. No other spec was as effective at utilizing this passive. I could then use my shield rotation to constantly weave 100% crit shield bashes with high crit damage mods on a target with -30% armor (Centaur Knight). It was so effective there's even a post on this forum claiming I was a champion but more importantly it was fun to play. Sadly, that build wasn't just nerfed but removed entirely. Worst of all, Shieldsmanship is now a disc and even then the damage appears noticeably lower. I can safely say that Secutor Knight is now the joke of a spec that most people thought it was in 6.1.  It's back to being a one build buff/pull bot at best because it lost all of its interactions that allowed it to build for competitive damage. There are no other good options for it and the issue stems from the low throughput of the base kit. 

Preface

I'm going to try and be as objective as I can. Today was my first time trying the game, I have been following the game for over 4 years now, and I must say I didn't enjoy my experience.

Gameplay

The animations of the characters were very stiff and combat was very awkward, the abilities and pacing of attacks makes it feel like a tab target MMO but the game is clearly going for more action combat style. During the tutorial I did not feel as though I was getting a grasp on what I was suppose to be doing and the pacing of the tutorial felt very rushed. It also feels weird as a new character to start with upwards of 4k health points, most MMOs start characters between 80-200 health points. 

UI

The UI felt overbearing. and clucky. The maps in the game do not convey properly as to what I am looking at and where I am, it feels like the direction taken with them was to go for a more appealing, stylized look however it doesn't work for a map.

Optimization

I am not sure as to what the problem was but I wasn't able to get a stable FPS, anytime there was anyone around me, my FPS would drop to 10-20 FPS and when no one was around I would get 50-60 FPS.

So far I have enjoyed the small amount of time I have played so far, though I do have a few suggestions to offer to improve the game quality.

Character Creation

I know this is closed beta so you all may not be focused on this part of the game, but wanted to offer up my opinion on it so far. When making my character I loved the options of the races and the classes, though I do wish there was a blurb of both the races and the classes, just so I could know what each one is about without having to go to the site in order to see what race/class interests me the most. There are a few races I thought looked interesting on the surface, but there was no explanation in-game what makes the races unique. Mentioning their perks as well (Like the Fae's 'Glide') would also give people an opportunity to see what race they would want to select based off of this. 

I was also disappointed with the customization options in this game: Running around, I saw a lot of people who looked very similar to one another, which in turns doesn't make me feel as immersed as much as I would like to feel in a role-playing game. I also found the hair color being tied to the bottom portion of the Fae's wings to be a bit odd: I don't really like the fact in order to have blue tips to the wings, I also need to have blue hair. Felt a bit strange to me. Overall the customization is not a deal-breaker, but the character creation has proven to be a bit disappointing overall.

UI

As some people have mentioned, the UI feels a bit clunky and takes up a good portion of the screen. I also feel like the UI is a bit naked without a mini map of some sorts. The world map is okay, but it doesn't give me as much information as I would like to see, or looks like the amount of information I would want to see in a mini-map. The radial compass is okay as well, but I would rather have the compass feature attached to the mini-map, have a 2-in-1 sort of system with that. As someone mentioned above, the world map feels like the intention was for a more stylized approach, which is fine but it makes it difficult to use it for practicality.

Tutorial

The tutorial so far has been decent, the only thing I want to say is that I found it strange that tips would randomly pop up on my UI on things i haven't experienced yet. The tutorial pop-up for the sacrifice section was shown when attempting to do my first mission in the city, so it made me a bit confused for a minute on what I was supposed to do. Overall though, the tutorial seems fine, gives a good yet basic understanding on how the mechanics work.

Optimization

I noticed the FPS is very poor at times. I am usually at 20-30 when around others, 45 at most when running around. I have looked into some things players have mentioned to improve the experience and it has helped, but I think having more options to graphics/gameplay would help with this. I noticed that the graphics segment does not have a slide bar so it can automatically change the settings based on performance of your desktop (such as low, medium, high, performance mode, etc.) 

I have a 5120x1440 resolution monitor, some ui elements I suspect are meant to be hidden such as the server details cover the settings options. The audio button doesn't do anything, and the input button leads to character creation.

be6eff57b6.png

Performance seems equally poor on both very high and basic settings between 30-90 fps depending on what's on the screen. I'm on an RTX 3080 and Ryzen 7 3800x. Unsure what else to say on that.

Little more ranger feedback

Stakes skills resource costs need to be looked at a little it currently takes way to much resources to use imo.
dropping 2 stakes take you from 100% energy to 20% energy remaining, feel its costs need to be reduced by 20-25% or so (This is with 2 light weight weapons)

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Fire Arrows do not grant anything interesting enough to take over Piercing or Ice Arrows. Severe Bleed and Severe Frostbite both deal more damage than Severe Burning, and while Severe Frostbite also does less damage than Severe Bleed, Ice Arrows also root, which makes them compelling to use. There's no such case to be for Fire Arrows. In the past, Fire Arrows did AoE damage around the target. If this functionality were returned, it would give a more compelling reason to use Fire Arrows.

Cold to the Touch internal cooldown should apply per target (up to 5 targets if need be). You can still get the stun to proc with 2 enemies hitting you, but after that it's near impossible to stack 5 Ice Crystals on a target. Ice Crystals also don't stack on the target if you have a Mana Shield on you.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Played for the first time today! A few hours playing as a guineacean knight and got to level 15 \0/. The tutorial seemed very straight forward but I did find myself looking for a pinned quest on the side at times then realized there isn't a shortcut to open your quest log?

Would love to see a UI scaling feature, the UI felt almost too large. I am also unsure if that may have been just a guineacean thing since it may zoom in to that character model more.

Looting a mob did feel odd when a large window and menus pop up to click on 1-3 items. I did also notice small delays between pressing left click and skills. example would be left click twice then pressing 2, it wouldn't register 2 being pressed.

Playing as the knight and getting the skill "into the frey" : The popups for chain attacks felt like they were covering too much of the screen with the countdown bars and names. Maybe a slight curved meter on each side rather than a horizontal meter. I feel like a button and an icon would be fine with a countdown timer. The name of the skill may not be needed at all since it is under the skill description anyway, as long as the icons aren't too similar to each other.

Played for the first time today and played for under an hour I think. I couldn't get into the game and really can't criticize anything as I didn't give the game a fair chance.

Some things that I noticed:

• There is just too much on the screen at once. Would be nice to either scale or remove more things.
  • When looting from a slain monster, it would be nice to just push the loot button F again to loot everything. Having to click each thing in a massive window was not ideal.

Can't really comment on anything else. Keep up the progress and I look forward to trying it out again much later in it's development.

3 hours ago, senzu.bean said:

Imagine giving Myrmidon an ultimate that is worth using...

I dream of this day.. 500sp ult like the other melee pushers (1 hit burst aoe) so it can hold its own a bit better in the larger (laggy) fights or a 1000sp ult that just chops someone's head off lol. Anything would be an improvement over the current "hit only because you need to quickly mitigate a crash" button.   

Edited by AceSiN

Please allow an avenue for Paladin's to obtain the Paragon major discipline again. It was removed from the Templar entirely, yet It synergized very well with the Paladin thematically and in play style.

Was there a broken or OP build? How do you guys determine which domains are available to each promotion class? Is there some valid or game breaking reason it was removed?

• Soul essence sells for way too much, farming disciplines should not be the best source of gold (nor should forts, it should be farming wartribe)
  • Soul thralls are useless. Delete the soul thrall mob from the game.
  • Domain tokens (minor major) should be what we are farming, then add a vendor who accepts tokens to buy discs from that domain. The inventory management is a complete nightmare and disaster.
  • Hunger should be removed from the game. I'm not sure which of the devs has chosen that hill to die on, but I'll rejoin the chorus of people who hate it.
  • You can be CCd while invuln going through gates. This needs to change. In fact, the whole mechanic of gates needs to change, because once a server has population, gankers are going to camp there constantly and make people quit because they would rather have a small hit of dopamine than allow new players into their zone. Get ahead of this problem, please.
  • Additional camps during late seasons for thralls is a mistake, make the existing thrall camps spawn dramatically more mobs, so they become regular sources of conflict. I have simply run around by myself for hours farming discs with no contact.
  • I'm not sure how many times I can tell you how necessary it is for you to think about force projection. Watching the big guilds run with their full numbers constantly should tell you how little you pressure big forces to split. They quite simply don't need to.
Edited by McTan

I actually enjoyed my time playing, played as a half elf assassins' a build that i play in most MMO's so for me it was actually kind of fun. A better tutorial would be nice though, the run and go can be narrowed a bit it was my first time playing and maybe its because my experience in MMO's but it seemed kind of tedious at times when the real explanation like crafting, rune making and other things would be more helpful. Overall it ran very smooth on my PC and not to many bugs from what I was noticing, overall good experience I would love to see where this goes.

Get rid of Gold and Dust forts, Nothing higher than uncommon mats should come from a fort or caravan.

The world is dead outside of the stupid siege timers. Other than thrall farmers there's no harvesting as forts/caravans have killed the need for any generic harvesting in the world, these harvesting nodes all over the maps have ended up being nothing more that frame rate reducers instead of the resource gathering targets they should be.

Just gonna say can i please nickname my characters in someway to tell them appart (Without having to wait for a vessel)

ranger 1: Crafter
Ranger 2: warden (Dark)
Ranger 3: Archer (Dark build)
Ranger 4: brigand
Ranger 5: Archer (Frost test build)

just a little bit of a pain to find the character i want only different with alot of them is hair colour/style -.- :P

nicknames-please.png

Veeshan Midst of UXA

18 minutes ago, Gammuk said:

Get rid of Gold and Dust forts, Nothing higher than uncommon mats should come from a fort or caravan.

The world is dead outside of the stupid siege timers. Other than thrall farmers there's no harvesting as forts/caravans have killed the need for any generic harvesting in the world, these harvesting nodes all over the maps have ended up being nothing more that frame rate reducers instead of the resource gathering targets they should be.

im yet to see a gold fort think they got replaced with a trade chest.

harvesting returns need to be doubled in campaign only then u might see a return of harvesters there

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

• ACE-Tiggs locked and unpinned this topic