Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.200 LIVE Feedback for 11/20/2020

I had a lot of fun in the playtest, and I think this game has a lot of potential, however, there are some glaring issues that need improvement. For starters, the UI (such as inventory, spellbook, etc) shouldn't close out with character movement as it makes gameplay significantly more awkward. Some of the character animations need polishing, they seem to almost skip frames at times. Combat is fun but some components, like combos, need more explanation for new players. There needs to be more customization options for player characters, as many of them don't look great.  I look forward to seeing this game get fleshed out, it has a lot of promise and could be something really amazing if handled well!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Soul essence sells for way too much, farming disciplines should not be the best source of gold (nor should forts, it should be farming wartribe) Soul thralls are useless. Delete the soul thrall

Just gonna say can i please nickname my characters in someway to tell them appart (Without having to wait for a vessel) ranger 1: Crafter Ranger 2: warden (Dark) Ranger 3: Archer (Dark build)

Unlocking the Minor Discipline should unlock the nodes above and below it too

It would be good to add game resolution scaling. Because some people with UHD screens cant reach 60 fps in native resolution and as for now theres one solution to lower all game resolution because of that GUI looks blurry.

Newest player feedback time! 

The lack of options in the launcher and main window isn't pleasant. I usually like to turn down game volume and make sure I'm in fullscreen windows mode on my first launch, and I couldn't do that until I had made my first character and logged in. 

Or, assuming I'm missing something, I straight up couldn't find the options to do so easily.

Sorry if I missed it, this is just my first pass of the game so far where I could give new player feedback!

7 hours ago, McTan said:
  • Soul essence sells for way too much, farming disciplines should not be the best source of gold (nor should forts, it should be farming wartribe)
  • Soul thralls are useless. Delete the soul thrall mob from the game.
  • Domain tokens (minor major) should be what we are farming, then add a vendor who accepts tokens to buy discs from that domain. The inventory management is a complete nightmare and disaster.
  • Hunger should be removed from the game. I'm not sure which of the devs has chosen that hill to die on, but I'll rejoin the chorus of people who hate it.
  • You can be CCd while invuln going through gates. This needs to change. In fact, the whole mechanic of gates needs to change, because once a server has population, gankers are going to camp there constantly and make people quit because they would rather have a small hit of dopamine than allow new players into their zone. Get ahead of this problem, please.
  • Additional camps during late seasons for thralls is a mistake, make the existing thrall camps spawn dramatically more mobs, so they become regular sources of conflict. I have simply run around by myself for hours farming discs with no contact.
  • I'm not sure how many times I can tell you how necessary it is for you to think about force projection. Watching the big guilds run with their full numbers constantly should tell you how little you pressure big forces to split. They quite simply don't need to.

All of this. What's the point of being in vulnerable if you can get CCd. Also in addition to gates, if you're in combat you should not be able to use them just like it was before. 

Thrall camps are just empty I mean most of the world is , but at least put some more tribes in there that turn into thralls or disappear at night then thralls spawn

Hello, thank for the beta invitation, good job.

•           UI need to be more customisable (Scale, moving the boxes…)
  •           Chats aren’t useful: no item link, no click to interact with someone (group invits or wisp), no customisation.

•           A quick log/delog for character swap should be available: when delog we could choose another character to log in.

•           Crow Skills: should have an alert if no primary or secondary skill are chosen.

•           Guild: shared bank. Or a special EK for guild.

Bug :

With a crafted vessel the common runes still available.

Bug-Vessel.png

I'm dismayed the more I play after 6.2.  I'll try not to rant much.

Critical mechanics missing:

Mail - there is no way for players to coordinate without being online at the same time.  As a crafter this is massive - I have no way to take or fulfill orders without using a third party tool like discord, forums etc.  We shouldn't have to resort to external means for basic communication. Also, see next.

Direct messaging - I'm not sure why tells/PMs go to the "me" tab.  It can't possibly be difficult to give tells their own channel and whoever decided to muddle them with other info... well, it's silly.  The impact from this should be obvious and I can't figure out why this is still a thing...

Reduction of playstyle flexibility:

Talent tree - this should offer options to enhance the aspects of your class that you enjoy.  Currently, this offers a selection of critical abilities.  You get to choose some.  Others, you don't get.  Eg: knights taking more offensive talents face shield bash in a horrible place; assassins going defensive have to decide if they want to do without poison (more on poison later..).  The current "web" - especially the way nodes don't unlock everything adjacent to them - is incredibly aggravating.  With so few points and so few options to improve what skills there are, it's all underwhelming.  Even when the overall % bonus to a stat is the same from old tree to new, choosing where to spend points seems less of an impactful decision, and more an exercise in frustration.

Domains - we went from the ability to mix and match major discs for a build to suit our whims, to the ability to choose from a short list of fairly similar "themed" major disc options and a bevvy of minors.  The problem isn't the selection (although, the song discs - really? Does it have to be this way?) so much as the being forced to choose, permanently, one set.  Maybe two if you give up another talent.  Which ties into the same issue, you're reducing the ability for players to build the character they want the way they want, and then further restricting their ability to modify that build to suit changing tastes.  

Other frustration:

Poisons.  I just learned that one talent gives the ability to equip "poison," the one type that exists.  The SAME talent gives the one attack that both applies and allows you to select the effect of your poison.  Two things.  One, poisons were one of the extremely few things alchemists were useful for, and two, poisons don't even work like that!  It both doesn't make sense, and worsens the overall state of the game.  Poisons should present options of how to hamper or harm a foe, and you choose that based ON THE FRIGGIN POISON - the effects of a poison don't change based on how you channel your assassin-qi or whatever!  Sorry to carry on but it's both silly and aggravating.  Make us choose our attacks, choose which poison we can use, how potent the poisons are... but don't combine all that into one oversimplified boring talent.  This one issue is representative of an apparent general trend toward "streamlining" aka removing player choices and flexibility (and flavor).

What I loved most about Crowfall were the variety of options in how to play and the depth of customization.  That's eroded massively to where building a character doesn't feel meaningful or engaging - it feels like an irreversible snap decision on which things I have to take in order to have a viable build to begin with.  There is no depth any more, just surface - choose from your limited selection of abilities and your character is done.  There's no beef up this or that, shore up one of these vulnerabilities - perhaps in your domain choice, which is again two choices from a now-vastly-limited selection.  This all has been too ranty but I'm frustrated.  Anyway, hopefully this was helpful.

Tray swapping on my warden is incredibly clunky. I swear to god it wasnt this awful last time I played. Today it felt as if I had to keep pressing the key and even them it took me too long to actually switch.

It gotta be more fluid. Those secs I am neither attacking nor actually changing trays is a death sentence. Specially now that my traps dont actually offer me protection. It is to the point I dont want to swap to ranged when my target disengages because I feel I wont be able to swap fast enough when he re-engages and will eat a few attacks in that time. IT GOTTA BE MORE FLUID!

Hello everyone,

I had test the game and I streamed it on twitch. It was a little bit difficult for me, cause I'm from germany. I would like an information basic to each class at the menu and Information about the skill tree have some issues (only code words). In the skill tree -> the skills sounds like they do much dmg, but feels more then less on monsters. the movement is in working, if I read that correct. The idea behind that game is interesting. some struggle at the beginning and was a bit confusing. You can watch my VOD on twitch (In german)

Hope someone in your team understand german :)

Greetings from Rekklice aka DocFenir

Edited by Rekklice

On feedback on the Warden changes:

I hated it. The class just isnt as fun anymore. Where before I felt I had a chance in 1v1 even if those were uphill battles, now I just get my ass handed to me. Even though I lost as often as I won I could always think back and see where I messed up or see what my opponent did that made me lose.

Oh, but Wardens are supposed to be good on Group fights. I agree, my build was made to scale the more opponents I hit and have around me, plus help the teammates near me. All well and good. Except there is no group content. And the sieges are too messy to be any fun.

So since I imagine there is zero chance of yall reverting this change either buff my warden so we get back to a point where we are still a threat in 1v1 without making us OP on group fights or please add group content so I have a way to play where I am not just a loot pinata walking around.

I realize this sounds whiny (waaah the nerfed my class!) but it is a fact that today was the first time I closed CF because I got upset about the PvP I got (that and the tray swapping screwing me over all the time). Thought it would be good feedback... Again, at least add group content so there is an actual situation in game where I can hold my weight.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Okay, I've played the game for a week. Found out 1 good build for character and how crafting and specialties work. It was pretty tough to get info when I had problems with understanding. It's like old fashion days but for new players nowadays this kind of things are unwanted. Game must support well-explained descriptions and some guides how to start with. The same with characteristics I just don't get something and must overthink some unobvious things.  People can simply get lost after 30 lvl. Game just covers only adult-community with child-charming graphics. Crowfall is like a big skeleton without skin and attractive only for people who gets gameplay at all. I liked this skeleton its really cool, I'm enjoying this with all minuses. Man, I can play as Centaur and Minotaur that's really attractive. As developers try to deliver this feeling to other newcomers and make game more smooth esthetically.

Edited by Kedr1S

Greetings

Reduce friar spell pip cost for paladin ( 2 in 6.1 but 3 in 6.2 ) :(

Reverse hold 'healing burst based on pip but keep actual healing + healing bonus per pip ( but less heal per pip )

game looks wonderful

ui looks overloaded when i first saw it, better character animations would be cool

i hope game will be comfortly playable for solo players, but now it doesnt seems like it

Please consider making the Assassin ability In the Zone a pip generator instead of a pip consumer. I think a cooldown based self-buff (possibly flash cast) that generated 2 pips might improve the feel of the Assassin rotation, and allowing it to be used in the stealth bar would make that bar feel a little less empty... I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to then requiring pips to use blinkstep or disengage/engage with appropriate cooldowns. This would also add some incentive to disciplines that generate pips in stealth (do those still exist?...).

To provide a little more context... I'm playing a half-elf assassin with poisoner and deadly infector. Over half my bar consumes pips: Poisoned blade, Kidney Shot, Blackjack toss, Diffusion, In the Zone. I don't think this is uncommon given the prevalence of pip consuming ability granted by disciplines.

Edited by Pystkeebler

This game has a serious problem where walking in group out of sieges seem like a waste of manpower. It is better to roam alone and cover more grounds (to farm Majors for example), guaranteeing a kill is often unrewarding (what use is there walking in group and ganking others if they wont have juicy loot) and the deal breaker with the big ass maps it is pretty unlikely your group will see combat unless you go looking for it meaning the concept of group for protection is non existent.

I propose the following changes:

Get rid of the Alt-P mechanic: Or make it so the player leaves his cairn and inventory when they use it. The players need to have an inventory so that the whole thing works. And this has been repeated ad nauseam on this forum. Just stop being thick headed and get rid of it.

Increase both daytime and nightime - Grouping up wouldnt feel like a penalty if we had enough time to actually hit a reasonable number of Thralls spawns. Imagine a 30 min free for all hunt for thralls where the winners take it all? No recall like I said above. Now that would be a good reason to make a group.

Remove or seriously limit the number of Banks on the worlds - If you allow people to avoid fights they will. I was ambushed a few times by groups today and all they got for their trouble was junk because I am not dumb and made sure to go farm near a bank.

Either make the map smaller or give us vision - If making the maps smaller isnt feasible then add outpost on every single corner of the damn map. If someone farmed in a hidden corner I should receive information when he tries to cross the map and go to a bank or temple. 'Oh, we have someone passing near outpost X coming from the forest he must have been farming, lets hunt him.' As a bonus this would make outpost not worthless. That gatherer better have asked for someone to meet him halfway and help take the goods home.

Anyway, this is my take after getting ganked as a solo a few times today and getting asked why I didnt group with my buddies. The answer is that grouping is boring, unrewarding AND less profitable.

Edited by BarriaKarl
9 hours ago, olivierlaguerre said:

Hello, thank for the beta invitation, good job.

•           UI need to be more customisable (Scale, moving the boxes…)
  •           Chats aren’t useful: no item link, no click to interact with someone (group invits or wisp), no customisation.

•           A quick log/delog for character swap should be available: when delog we could choose another character to log in.

•           Crow Skills: should have an alert if no primary or secondary skill are chosen.

•           Guild: shared bank. Or a special EK for guild.

Bug :

With a crafted vessel the common runes still available.

Bug-Vessel.png

pretty sure they said they were not gonna limit them anymore in last livestream, cause higher quality gave stats bonuses, However if thats is the case they gotta update the vessel requirement section of the Discaplines (Or remove that line all together)

Veeshan Midst of UXA

7 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Tray swapping on my warden is incredibly clunky. I swear to god it wasnt this awful last time I played. Today it felt as if I had to keep pressing the key and even them it took me too long to actually switch.

It gotta be more fluid. Those secs I am neither attacking nor actually changing trays is a death sentence. Specially now that my traps dont actually offer me protection. It is to the point I dont want to swap to ranged when my target disengages because I feel I wont be able to swap fast enough when he re-engages and will eat a few attacks in that time. IT GOTTA BE MORE FLUID!

Its global cooldown making it terrible, the tray swaps are on a global cooldown with skills im guessing to stop animation cancelling however i dont think that preventing animation canceling is doing a whole lot of good here.

I think they would be better off removing GCD on tray swap and have it animate cancel to allow for smoother gameplay this wont create much power bonus in regards to animate canceling skills atleast in regards to rangers atleast however it would make the whole mechanic a whole lot nice to play with instead of fumbling around with it.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

7 hours ago, PaleOne said:

melee dps is off the chart now compared to rogue dps.

I can't hope to hit 4 digit damage numbers anymore even on a finisher as a duelist..dps.png

myms imo has always needed a dmg nerf they always do stupid amount of dmg compared to other classes (atm running death lifesteal disc is redonculous on mym) the rune itself isnt the issues the issue is mym doing so much dmg making that life steal do so much compared to the other classes that can use the disc.

I feel the lifesteal disc in death was solely nerfed due to mym getting so much sustain with it but it was fine for everyone else the problem was mym did to much dmg so the healing was insane for them.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

• ACE-Tiggs locked and unpinned this topic