Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quality of Life Changes (EK)


Recommended Posts

1) Be able to place chests near each other.

2) Have the ability to put chests closer to the entrance of the EK.

3) Have gear not lose durability in the EK.

         - no reason you should be punished for practicing in the EKs

4) Let the introduction buildings be moved or removed entirely if you choose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5) Have Infected temple vendors sell scrolls so that they can be slotted in EKs. I'm tired of having to zone to GR to buy water or molds or whatever. It is a waste of my time to go through two load screens just to pay a gold sink to continue using my EK as a crafting space.

6) Please let us destroy disciplines in EKs. I am tired of having to zone to GR every time I craft replacement discs from the storage in my EK. It is a waste of my time to go through two load screens just to equip an item I just crafted in a private EK.

7) Whatever rank of loot/materials is acquired in GR should also be functionally possible to add to EKs through stonemasonry, campaign rewards, or some other vector. If I can go farm r4 wood in GR with no risk of pvp, and level to 30 on mobs that drop mid-tier equipment, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to add these things to an EK somehow up to the quantity present in GR. These are both effectively risk-free environments, and adding GR functionality to EKs would be a much welcome justification for their existence outside of simply storing items as well as prevent veteran players from monopolizing an area intended for newbies. If I can farm aracoix in GR for gold, or r4 nodes for white mats, or whatever, I can't see a reason why I shouldn't be able to do it in an EK and leave those things untouched so newbies aren't fighting me for wolf spawns or rocks or whatever. I should want to spend time in my EK, and using it as a replacement for the time spent in GR would be a great way to make me care about upgrading it, a great excuse to open it to newbies for recruiting purposes, and a great way to build more social spaces without effecting the economic or risk/reward balance of EKs versus campaigns.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

7) Whatever rank of loot/materials is acquired in GR should also be functionally possible to add to EKs through stonemasonry, campaign rewards, or some other vector. If I can go farm r4 wood in GR with no risk of pvp, and level to 30 on mobs that drop mid-tier equipment, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to add these things to an EK somehow up to the quantity present in GR. These are both effectively risk-free environments, and adding GR functionality to EKs would be a much welcome justification for their existence outside of simply storing items as well as prevent veteran players from monopolizing an area intended for newbies. If I can farm aracoix in GR for gold, or r4 nodes for white mats, or whatever, I can't see a reason why I shouldn't be able to do it in an EK and leave those things untouched so newbies aren't fighting me for wolf spawns or rocks or whatever. I should want to spend time in my EK, and using it as a replacement for the time spent in GR would be a great way to make me care about upgrading it, a great excuse to open it to newbies for recruiting purposes, and a great way to build more social spaces without effecting the economic or risk/reward balance of EKs versus campaigns.

Are you asking to make EK's just like GR's? Wouldnt that adversely effect the game by funneling people into instances and making GR effectively a wasteland?

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Are you asking to make EK's just like GR's? Wouldnt that adversely effect the game by funneling people into instances and making GR effectively a wasteland?

Gr is supposed to be a wasteland isn't it? It's intended for new players to do tutorial things and gain some starting stuff, not compete with one another over aracoix spawns. Noob island in shadowbane, or the old crowfall starting zone was built the same way. This is here for you to get your feet under you and move on.

Note that by GR I mean The map, not the world band here. As in the area with no PvP anywhere in it, not Infected which rewards somewhat higher stuff for the added risk of having to fight other people to "own" the spawn.

Established players really shouldn't be getting in the way of those newbies trying to have a newbie experience. EKs are supposed to funnel people in to them when they're not doing PvP activities aren't they? That's, like, the whole point of EKs.

I don't really see any positives in smashing together players and having them compete over limited resources in an area where they can't murder each other to resolve the competition and in stead have to annoy one another in to submission.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Gr is supposed to be a wasteland isn't it? It's intended for new players to do tutorial things and gain some starting stuff, not compete with one another over aracoix spawns. Noob island in shadowbane, or the old crowfall starting zone was built the same way. This is here for you to get your feet under you and move on.

Note that by GR I mean The map, not the world band here. As in the area with no PvP anywhere in it, not Infected which rewards somewhat higher stuff for the added risk of having to fight other people to "own" the spawn.

Established players really shouldn't be getting in the way of those newbies trying to have a newbie experience. EKs are supposed to funnel people in to them when they're not doing PvP activities aren't they? That's, like, the whole point of EKs.

I don't really see any positives in smashing together players and having them compete over limited resources in an area where they can't murder each other to resolve the competition and in stead have to annoy one another in to submission.

I said gr would replace eks when they first came out 😕 . Why have an ek and pay taxes on it when you can just use gr.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Are you asking to make EK's just like GR's? Wouldnt that adversely effect the game by funneling people into instances and making GR effectively a wasteland?

Yes, and it should be a wasteland is it is where players have the least agency. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...