Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All OTHER Archers are Horrible (Brigand Excluded)

Rangers need back pedal slow removed and charge shot is a gameplay ruining mechanic. 

Before I begin, let me start by saying fantastic job on the graphics and the UI, although I think we could use a mini map. 

Now to the meat. I have played ranger solely and have done nothing but PVP. These are the things I think should be reworked. 

The slow on our three combo from ankle shot is pointless because we never have the time to apply it. 95% of charged attacks?? This makes zero sense. The slow is supposed to proc so we have time to gain more range. There is virtually no situation as it stands in which it would help us in any way. CC break is way to over powered as of now, and the back pedal movement slow is ridiculous. Either allow us to fix our camera to be able to strafe CORRECTLY, take away the slow from backpedal or do away with the uber useless charge attacks. Allow us to deal more damage while moving as that is kind of what any ranger in any game does... IT SHOULD NOT BE AN EASY FEAT TO GET CLOSE TO A RANGER!! 

And please put the action bar switch key to ONE key. Not one for each. I do not need to press c and z to switch. 

I understand theres no reason to show archer love because no one is playing it. But that should be the number one reason that you do.

Why would I play crow fall as a ranger when I could league as an adc and actually out play my opponents? There is no world in which I will play this game if rangers are set in stone. Absolutely not.

As a ranger/hunter player in most if not all of my MMOs, we should not be forced into picking brigand because other classes are not as balanced or have horrible mechanics. 

Also, I do think that quivers or leather should be more available to a guild and/or players. Its sad that I hear "we have tons of iron, but no leather workers/ wood gatherers" because its a useless trait. That is a big problem.

UPDATE: I now see that this is what a slayer is supposed to be doing. So the hunt and gain an advantage playstyle makes sense for Archer. Still fix the hotkey to switch weapons to one key and also make us able to add our mouse keys as hotkeys, leather is still a pain to get, and the slow should be put on the first shot of the combo. Anyways yea I will no longer play archer, unless we need it for siege or something like that.

Ive made some valid points so take it or leave it but I no longer care about the class lol. Best of luck guys.

Edited by JekyllNHyde

• JekyllNHyde changed the title to All OTHER Archers are Horrible (Brigand Excluded)

Hello and welcome to Crowfall!

Let me start by saying two things:
1. There is still balance needed - but that it's the never ending part of any online game. Dota games go through itemization change once in a while just to keep the game&meta fresh.
2. Crowfall is quite different then any other mmo on the market to date.

Now on your topic.

You have stated an opinion that is your alone and I respect that. However I beg to differ heavily - all archer promotions are great at at least one thing. If the classes don't work how you envision them it does not mean they are 'Horrible' - it only mean you either don't like what they are good at or you have not done enough research.

/salute

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

3 hours ago, JekyllNHyde said:

Before I begin, let me start by saying fantastic job on the graphics and the UI, although I think we could use a mini map. 

Now to the meat. I have played ranger solely and have done nothing but PVP. I have three things I think should be reworked. 

The slow on our three combo  from ankle shot is pointless. There is virtually no situation that it would help us in any way. CC break is way to over powered as of now, and the back pedal movement slow is ridiculous. Either allow us to fix our camera to be able to strafe CORRECTLY, or do away with the uber useless charge attacks. Allow us to deal more damage while moving as that is kind of what any ranger in any game does... Why would I play crow fall as a ranger when I could league as an adc and actually out play my opponents? There is no world in which I will play this game if rangers are set in stone. Absolutely not.

As a ranger/hunter player in most if not all of my MMOs, we should not be forced into picking brigand because other classes are not as balanced or have horrible mechanics. 

Also, I do think that quivers or leather should be more available to a guild and/or players. Its sad that I hear "we have tons of iron, but no leather workers/ wood gatherers" because its a useless trait. That is a big problem.

Anyways take it or leave it. Just feedback from a new guy. I have not spent a dime on the game so Im slick not worried either way. 

Post this and your suggestions on how to make it better in the feedback section. They actually read it

Archers are solid atm, i do anywhere from 600-1900 dmg hits with the left clicks. with 2 roots, a knockback, a stun and a disengage also a movement speed buff if you take dark domain with windlord (Remember to swap to melee tray to use sweep disengage combo to create a gap.)

I will say ankle shot should be moved to 2nd basic attack instead of third, 3rd attack is getting a little loaded with quiver procs and all that so its even more tempting to click first 2 attacks quickly to trigger the third.

Warden atm are probaly the weaker ranger with the lastest nerf to trap master and needing all there minor slots for trap disaplines -.-

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

10 hours ago, Prometeu said:

If the classes don't work how you envision them it does not mean they are 'Horrible' - it only mean you either don't like what they are good at or you have not done enough research.

This is a great point! Ill explain where Im coming from. I am not flaming/ranting first off. Secondly, I watched this same thing happen in Archeage. Rangers were out classed by everyone so no one played them. I dont want to see this happen to Crowfall.
They are in a great spot. Change the things I put in feed back and you have a balanced PVP ready ranger. Tweak the slow slow the autos do what you have to do to keep it balanced but this is a very good place to start.

Edited by JekyllNHyde

9 hours ago, yianni said:

Post this and your suggestions on how to make it better in the feedback section. They actually read it

I did, I was actually trying to post this there. My fault for sure. I have updated it and tried to close this post but I could not find a way to do so. Thanks!

6 hours ago, veeshan said:

Archers are solid atm, i do anywhere from 600-1900 dmg hits with the left clicks. with 2 roots, a knockback, a stun and a disengage also a movement speed buff if you take dark domain with windlord (Remember to swap to melee tray to use sweep disengage combo to create a gap.)

I will say ankle shot should be moved to 2nd basic attack instead of third, 3rd attack is getting a little loaded with quiver procs and all that so its even more tempting to click first 2 attacks quickly to trigger the third.

Warden atm are probaly the weaker ranger with the lastest nerf to trap master and needing all there minor slots for trap disaplines -.-

The problem Im seeing is its to crazy to switch to you other tray to disengage. On top of that you are slowed back pedaling and other classes have movement speed buffs. Its to easy to catch us when trying to kite. Thats just my two sense. The slow isnt supposed to proc after your combo. The only way it would be usefull is if it proced before. A rangers job is to kite you. You are not allowed to catch them to cc without better mechanical play. Thats how it is in ANY game and it should be no different here or the class will die. There is just no way around it. This comes from experience watching the release of plenty of games trying to do the same thing. Given archer is the hardest thing to balance and will take time. As it should be. Theyll have to get the movement speed, range and attack speed perfect. But its not rocket science and a bit of brainstorming etc will fix it. As of for the BETA im actually very happy with where archer is going. But it will have to be changed.

Edited by JekyllNHyde

12 minutes ago, JekyllNHyde said:

The problem Im seeing is its to crazy to switch to you other tray to disengage. On top of that you are slowed back pedaling and other classes have movement speed buffs. Its to easy to catch us when trying to kite. Thats just my two sense. The slow isnt supposed to proc after your combo. The only way it would be usefull is if it proced before. A rangers job is to kite you. You are not allowed to catch them to cc without better mechanical play. Thats how it is in ANY game and it should be no different here or the class will die. There is just no way around it. This comes from experience watching the release of plenty of games trying to do the same thing. Given archer is the hardest thing to balance and will take time. As it should be. Theyll have to get the movement speed, range and attack speed perfect. But its not rocket science and a bit of brainstorming etc will fix it. As of for the BETA im actually very happy with where archer is going. But it will have to be changed.

if your backpeddling ur doing it wrong :P

hold down a or d away from them while u charge up bow shots then flick 90 degree to look at them and release.

Melee cant even get to you as a archer with the amnount of roots you can have access too.

in guild 5v5 the other day i was kiting 5 people all trying to kill me for quite some time and they were ranged except 1

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 hours ago, ComradeAma said:

I'll just leave it here: 

I understand that single target damage is great. But youre at an advantage. Any class should be able to deal with situations they are not prepared for. If you were close enough for them to cc you you would have died. Hands down It is NOT OKAY to force a play style like that as a developer. 

1 minute ago, veeshan said:

if your backpeddling ur doing it wrong :P

hold down a or d away from them while u charge up bow shots then flick 90 degree to look at them and release.

Melee cant even get to you as a archer with the amnount of roots you can have access too.

in guild 5v5 the other day i was kiting 5 people all trying to kill me for quite some time and they were ranged except 1

The camera doesnt scroll out enough to strafe well. This is one of my suggestions. I rooted someone 4 times yesterday in succession and they were all broken. 

5 minutes ago, JekyllNHyde said:

The camera doesnt scroll out enough to strafe well. This is one of my suggestions. I rooted someone 4 times yesterday in succession and they were all broken. 

Also if youre rooting youre wasting an action. So you are not doing damage. Meanwhile theyre speed buffing to kill you. Its very unbalanced right now if youre not picking targets with an advantage. No good.

Edited by JekyllNHyde

6 hours ago, JekyllNHyde said:

Any class should be able to deal with situations they are not prepared for. 

No. That's the beauty of Crowfall -  every class has advantages and weaknesses. 

Edited by ComradeAma