Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.200 LIVE Feedback for 11/23/2020

6.200 LIVE Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to LIVE Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Increasing PvP frequency and Overall World-Liveliness. This subject is often discussed in the Crowfall Community discord and among my guild members.  Many ideas have been put forth by members of th

Change to Stakes has killed them from being useful, before 6.2 no one used the archers stake until they put in a talent to make it instant. Come 6.2 you introduced new stakes and had them instant cast

Ok so this post is about Slayer. Even though I had a good time in 6.2 Dregs I was a bit disappointed with the Slayer kit. Basically you took the old 6.1's kit and turned it into the only real choice f

Did some rune/thrall hunting in the campaign in winter.

Definitely feels like you need to turn up that knob on spawn rate and drop rate.  Spent days/ hours and seemed like it would take years to find the actual ones needed to complete a build.

I miss SB when you when discipline runes were consistently dropped in a specified location and it created pvp.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

36 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Did some rune/thrall hunting in the campaign in winter.

Definitely feels like you need to turn up that knob on spawn rate and drop rate.  Spent days/ hours and seemed like it would take years to find the actual ones needed to complete a build.

I miss SB when you when discipline runes were consistently dropped in a specified location and it created pvp.

The disc grind is real right now. Takes way to much time away from PVP. Drops are not consistent and crafting procs are too infrequent. Someone suggested having discipline tokens for each Domain, then we could buy what we want. Can this be a thing? Banks would love you.

Tried playing for the first time today. My computer is pretty old but I can run games like Civ 6, Stellaris, League of Legends without any issues, provided I turn down the graphics to low. I didn't once get over 10 fps though so I will hold off on playing any more until I have a better computer available or performance improves.

Some thoughts:

• When creating a character it would be nice to get some information on the races and classes through at least a tooltip.
  • The passive skills take a huge amount of ticks, but you get a tick every 10 seconds. Why not lower the amount of ticks needed (and increase the time between ticks if you don't want people to level this too fast) so you have to spend manageable numbers instead of something like 49581 ticks. In fact, I don't get why this system exists at all, since it gives players with older accounts a permanent advantage and if you specialize in something such as crafting, you can not make strong combat characters (if I understand how it works correctly). Why not have a system where you allocate a set number of points on a passive skill tree (separately for each characters) so that everyone starts on an equal footing but you can still slightly customize your build? And if you don't want to give people the whole thing from the get go, unlock a few more options after every campaign?
  • I really like the idea of campaign world that exist for a set amount of time and can be won by a team, excited to see the finished product!

There's way too much uptime on anti-stealth abilities. It should be cut by like 50% at least. These should be short bursts of anti-stealth vision, not near-permanent stealth sight.

As it stands now, there's no real stealth minigame going on. It's just "oh, they have a ranger so I can't stealth. that's dumb". I'd rather be playing like "oh, that ranger just popped their anti-stealth, so they can see me for 10s, I'll make them think I'm going this way, but then juke that way after 10s are up and their anti-stealth window is gone".

I also wouldn't mind a small amount of passive detection to help break stealth mirrors. Right now in a stealther vs stealther fight, no one wants to be the one to pop out and let the other player open on them, so the solution is either to be a brigand or not fight. I'd prefer if players could search for each other in stealth even if the detection range is very short.

Edited by nihilsupernum

Harvesting in God's Reach and Infected should be tuned down.  Motherloads should be removed, and discs should not drop. Also, God's reach needs to cap out at 15 or 20 and push people to infected so they have to engage in a slightly more hostile, but not to brutal, environment while leveling.  

Currently you can accomplish way to much by just farming materials in infected where their is no real risk of loss.  Please push mother loads and discs to the dregs, or other full combat scenarios, where people have to be way more active in fighting over these types of resources. 

It's ironic you bring up Shadowbane because disciplines were wayyyyyyy rarer (which was hugely important to active hunting and economy around them). 

I would go domain tokens, with announcements in events tab, only at thrall camps (not open world spawns), with more frequently spawns as seasons go on (maybe). Any particular thrall camp should drop exactly one domain, so I can have a hunt in a less familiar zone if I need something specific. Also, let some guild lock down a particular domain and create economy.

We need to truly hunt them, instead of just mindlessly circle around every 10 minutes, with no competition and no PvP.

How they looked at Shadowbane discipline system and landed here is beyond me. If they are really afraid of people quitting because they can't get the disc they want, then just allow any quality vessel to put grey discs on. With the disc quality progression, it's still worth hunting.

Make them way rarer and consolidate the bank madness.

SURPLUS AND SHORTAGE PLEASE ACE.

Edited by McTan
6 minutes ago, McTan said:

It's ironic you bring up Shadowbane because disciplines were wayyyyyyy rarer (which was hugely important to active hunting and economy around them). 

I would go domain tokens, with announcements in events tab, only at thrall camps (not open world spawns), with more frequently spawns as seasons go on (maybe). Any particular thrall camp should drop exactly one domain, so I can have a hunt in a less familiar zone if I need something specific. Also, let some guild lock down a particular domain and create economy.

We need to truly hunt them, instead of just mindlessly circle around every 10 minutes, with no competition and no PvP.

How they looked at Shadowbane discipline system and landed here is beyond me. If they are really afraid of people quitting because they can't get the disc they want, then just allow any quality vessel to put grey discs on. With the disc quality progression, it's still worth hunting.

Yeah. I think a lot of the players complaining about the difficulty of getting some thing or other aren't considering the fact that in the 'real' game world, items won't be wiped every few months. Getting that discipline should feel like a real accomplishment.

Disc rarity should also mean you'll be able to buy/sell them for a decent price. If they're common enough that anyone can just go out for an hour or two and come back with all the discs they need, then they won't be worth anything.

6 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

Yeah. I think a lot of the players complaining about the difficulty of getting some thing or other aren't considering the fact that in the 'real' game world, items won't be wiped every few months. Getting that discipline should feel like a real accomplishment.

Disc rarity should also mean you'll be able to buy/sell them for a decent price. If they're common enough that anyone can just go out for an hour or two and come back with all the discs they need, then they won't be worth anything.

Yeah if they do night cycle spawns, they had better extend day/night by a factor of at least 10. As of now there are 144 chances to spawn a major disc at every disc spawn point (some spawn points have up to four majors per night).

They should get rid of rules about applying, and get rid of upgrading, and simply have a chance to spawn a higher difficulty mob that drops the higher quality.

Captain = Green, Chief = Blue, King = Purple, Herald = Orange. Announce it in events for the zone.

"Oh, poorly made dergs, a Runecaster Herald just spawned at X17, let's go!" or if domain, a Herald of Justice, etc. etc.

Edited by McTan
5 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

Example #1:
I slammed 30+ pieces of armor and didn't get one Armorsmith Disc. THOUSANDS of ore.

Example #2:
Our guild farmed maybe 40+ hours on discs. There were 15ish that we didn't get. If I want a Purple vessel, how is that going to be probable with this drop rate?

I don't mind difficult, I don't mind rare, this system just needs tuning.

8 minutes ago, Bzra said:

Example #1:
I slammed 30+ pieces of armor and didn't get one Armorsmith Disc. THOUSANDS of ore.

Example #2:
Our guild farmed maybe 40+ hours on discs. There were 15ish that we didn't get. If I want a Purple vessel, how is that going to be probable with this drop rate?

Yeah. I know. It sucks, but consider:

I alone got like 4 or 5 armorsmith discs from farming thralls last campaign. Now, if I were a solo player just trying to make a buck, I'd probably want to sell those to you at .. whatever the market determines they're worth. You need them. I have them. Maybe you have some discs I need. We could trade.

I do think it should be a grind to collect enough discs to finish equipping your Purple vessel. Purple is going to be .. what, 9 green discs? Suppose it takes you 1-2 months of campaigns to get them all (or get enough gold to buy them all). That's reasonable, right? As far as MMO grinds go, that's fair for epic-tier progression.

Edited by nihilsupernum
Just now, nihilsupernum said:

Yeah. I know. It sucks, but consider:

I alone got like 4 or 5 armorsmith discs from farming thralls last campaign. Now, if I were a solo player just trying to make a buck, I'd probably want to sell those to you at .. whatever the market determines they're worth. You need them. I have them. Maybe you have some discs I need. We could trade.

I do think it should be a grind to collect enough discs to finish equipping your Purple vessel. Purple is going to be .. what, 9 green discs? Suppose it takes you 1-2 months of campaigns to get them all (or get enough gold to buy them all). That's reasonable, right? As far as MMO grinds go, that's fair for epic-tier progression, right?

If you got 4-5 solo and I found 0 with a guild and crafting, there's an issue there.

2 minutes ago, Bzra said:

If you got 4-5 solo and I found 0 with a guild and crafting, there's an issue there.

I see no issue. I see opportunity for trade. I see the potential for a market, which I think this game really needs.

It is really unfortunate you didn't get any from crafting or thrall drops but .. we did, so perhaps we could sell you some?

Perhaps we could *give* you some and you'll owe us a favour? Scarcity is good!

Edited by nihilsupernum
14 minutes ago, Bzra said:

Example #1:

Example #2:

It will be perfectly probable if they make it so you can put on a grey discipline to your purple vessel. Then, when you've found or bought a better one, you apply that instead.

44 minutes ago, McTan said:

What I meant was at least knowing a specific place and time for each discipline without the RNG at least you could plan something ..

with the current system you could run around the map for days and never get the one you need .

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

8 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

What I meant was at least knowing a specific place and time for each discipline without the RNG at least you could plan something ..

with the current system you could run around the map for days and never get the one you need .

Exactly... or pray to RNJTodd for one to proc... Yeah no thanks.

3 minutes ago, Bzra said:

Exactly... or pray to RNJTodd for one to proc... Yeah no thanks.

Make day/night longer, fewer camps, designated to drop only one domain, announce in events tab. 

find out that justice only spawns in emlee.

prepare to go to emlee. 

go to emlee, secure the camp, defend the camp, night begins, kill mob - yay! it's a King of Justice purple, transport purple token (one major, three minor) to bank (get rid of mobile banking FFS)

use token to buy purple justice major, three purple justice minors or sell some of the tokens.

celebrate

Edited by McTan
3 hours ago, Chairman_Meow said:

The animation on the stakes is a bit too long. I think that there 100% should be animation but the 3 seconds that you are locked into the animation is a bit too long for it to be super relevant of a skill. I think 1.5 - 2 second lock out is a lot more healthy. 

Agreed, this feels like an overcorrection.  That being said if you're married to this cast time, consider buffing fortified stakes to further reduce the cooldown timer.

Topic 2:  Awareness and Shadow Awareness should be swapped.  Getting a better version of a talent from a minor feels backwards.  The same philosophy doesn't apply to traps (where the minors are much less than the talent), and to other similar minors... so why here?

• ACE-Tiggs locked and unpinned this topic