Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Campaign Feedback 11/24/2020

Hey Crows! 

Today, we changed the start times for Campaigns along with export numbers. We'd love to hear your feedback about those changes and campaigns in general (not referring to the suggestions for open sieges, or handshake sieges we received a lot of that feedback in our other thread),   We'd appreciate if you can take a few moments and answer the following questions.  

Time Changes: (please list time zones if you're adding in any).  

• The NA Times are perfect!
  • The EU Times are perfect!
  • EU Times are not that great, here are some suggestions:
  • NA Times are not that great, here are some suggestions:

How do you like the variance with the Campaign cards is there anything you'd like to see different with them?

Do you like the Campaigns combined or NA / EU separate and why?

•  

What was your favorite Campaign and why?

•  

What other types of Campaign setups would you like to see?

Do you prefer big maps or little maps for Campaigns and why?

•  

How long ago did you participate in a Campaign?

If you don't participate in Campaigns, why? 

Other Campaign feedback? 

Thanks in advance for your feedback, we really do appreciate it.  Additionally, this is not a thread for discussion, let's keep it to feedback. Please feel free to create your own discussion though! 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Not a EU or NA player so both times are rubbish

How do you like the variance with the Campaign cards is there anything you'd like to see different with them?

1. More landless cards
  2. More per player cards
  3. More cards targeting non siege timer related targets

• Combined, as population is to low for separate ones.

• The previous one, as was proven small landless could place top 3

1. no alliances, 20man max guild size.

• Smaller maps as population is to small currently

2 days ago

Other Campaign feedback? 
Get rid of the timers on forts, campaign is dead outside of the siege window. Remove gold, dust forts and higher than green mats from forts/caravans. Get players out harvesting and liven the world up as the game is dead outside of sieges.

• ... but also, "Times" at all are annoying - at least for forts. They tend to only generate real pvp in the last 10 minutes of any window. That means 50 minutes of standing around waiting for action. Even worse, when 2 forts are up at the same time, guilds that would otherwise fight each other over them, instead each sit on one for a full hour! I still like the fights over the forts, but maybe if they were staggered more, it'd help avoid some of that boredom. Eg. have some forts vulnerable at x:15, some at x:30, some at x:45

How do you like the variance with the Campaign cards is there anything you'd like to see different with them?

• Many of the cards are poorly designed in terms of encouraging pvp and being out in the open world. Some are okay, but a lot of them miss the mark for one reason or other. I'll just rate some of the ones I've seen:
  1. Great: Sacrifice skulls per member - This can't be done without PvP. You really have to go out and hunt if you want to score on this card, and you have to win and you have to chop heads, then get the heads back to your bank/shrine. Combine this with another card that encourages being out in the world and you have a recipe for fights.
  2. Good: Sacrifice <some-pve-drop> per member - This encourages farming at a predictable location, which creates pvp hotspots. The PvE farming itself is pretty boring, but assuming people care enough about the card, it can drive fights and makes winning feel rewarding if you manage to take the enemy's sac items.
  3. Good: Capture points earned from outposts - This is a constant drive to be out flipping things and fighting for circle ownership. That's good!
  4. Good: Most class <A/B/C> buildings - Incentivizes gathering materials to build these up, which means people out in the world doing things. Also incentivizes attacking keeps to destroy those buildings during siege hour, or take the keep to steal them. It does favour large guilds though.
  5. Okay: Highest/most average <something> across all keeps - Similar to the above, but can punish guilds for being aggressive and taking keeps rather than turtling and focusing on defending one. Because cards aren't known in advance, guilds may take keeps before this comes up then regret taking them afterward. I say aggression should be rewarded, not punished.
  6. Bad: Guards killed during siege hour - eh. I feel like this kind of misses the mark. From what I've seen, guilds tend to run around and only kill guards and try to avoid fights with players. It does encourage groups to be out in the world, but doesn't really drive PvP.
  7. Bad: God shrines destroyed during siege hour - Doesn't actually encourage PvP. Guilds just remove their shrines before vulnerable windows so their opponents can't score on this. I was scouting a keep and watched this happen last campaign.
  8. Awful: Outposts owned at end of season - This drives PvP for exactly 1 hour in the entire season. What a waste!

• Combined is better. It means there are more players on at any given time and helps fill each time zone's off hours.

• I don't remember the names. It was 1 or 2 item wipes ago and was a non-import campaign. I remember the maps/world being too small for the number of people in campaign, and while that made it really difficult to farm, it meant a lot of PvP.

• Small maps are better. Large maps are less stressful (means you can harvest / travel in peace), but also feel empty and boring a lot of the time.

• I'm participating right now.

Other Campaign feedback?

• I never see anyone solo harvesting. I occasionally see a motherload team or a squad running pigs, but mostly I just see guilds taking forts for resources. Seems to me there should be more incentive to harvest. IMO forts/pigs should not drop any materials above green quality, and refining fort/pig materials should give a lower # of mats.
Edited by nihilsupernum
5 hours ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

Hey Crows! 

Today, we changed the start times for Campaigns along with export numbers. We'd love to hear your feedback about those changes and campaigns in general (not referring to the suggestions for open sieges, or handshake sieges we received a lot of that feedback in our other thread),   We'd appreciate if you can take a few moments and answer the following questions.  

1. less per member
  2. more variety
  3. cards targeting the top guilds specifically

• combined so we have more pop

• the first campaign after the trials of the gods ended, chaos grew a spine again and we had great sieges

1. tournament cw

• little for now because we have a small pop

2 years ago

Other Campaign feedback? 

Thanks in advance for your feedback, we really do appreciate it.  Additionally, this is not a thread for discussion, let's keep it to feedback. Please feel free to create your own discussion though! 

hoayaga2.jpg

5 hours ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

1. More per player card (Campaign favor zergs too much)
  2. Spring building cards shouldnt require R3 building but maybe R1 buildings since u will be ahrd push to get R3 building during spring time (May not be an issue if we get 4-6 month campaigns) but as it stands now should be R1/R2 cbuildings.
  3. Needs some gathering cards for like ore/wood and all that i think there very little harvesters cards and there generaly sacrafice flowers, this would allow harvesters to participate in scoring (Should be wealth cards) and this should add some variety in the Fort builds which 90% of weath cards are it seems.

• Combined, as an australian player this offers pvp content over larger time than if it was just US times

• Small maps benefit zergs to much you wont see many smaller guilds/alliances taking forts this time round (Especialy when there only 2 forts live at a time)

Other Campaign feedback? 

Realy need a territory system so zergs cant be taking every fort due to having to have some connections to there main city. All nodes should be networked together and must be connected to there main keep for extend that web, when hand shake seiges become a thing should only be able to seige keeps that are adjacent to something you hold. I would much rather see more fighting between neighers pushing there front line/territory than guilds being all over the place taking what ever comes live. Landless guilds should be able to attack any fort where guilds with city can only hit adjacent territory 
Would also like to see all NA and all Eu forts to go live at the same time for 3 hours period however caping a fort and defending it for 20-30 minutes without it flipping should lock the fort in and can no longer be attacked until next timer. this allows smaller guild to potentially take atleast 1 fort by the time the zerg cap some of theres, landless guild can also be hired as mercenary to hit nodes interupting there web aswell forcing them to go back to secure the line before they can push back out. will give a place for mercenaries and small guilds a place in the fort wars then.

Can we possibly get an alliance player cap instead of a guild cap per campaign this will tone down zerging potential and allow a collolition of small guild to get big numbers to compete without loosing tags.
When 5 large guild make an alliance together what happen then, not to mention what happen when they informally ally the 2nd largest alliance aswell what happen to everyone else at that point, there seem to be a bit of an alliance atm with WB alliance and Dis alliance when game comes out you probaly see this on a larger scale (I know darkfall launch ended up having 2 giant factions that bullied all the smaller clans to join them or loose there city so those days you would see fights of 1k+ player as 60% of the server was fighting 50% of the server. Sometimes you dont get that resistance and you end up with 40% of the server vsing the rest which consists of 8 difference alliances doing there own thing that happened aswell on darkfall

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1. Wealth and power cards are often functionally the same thing (Hold keeps and upgrade them) There should be a more clear distinction between the activities for wealth/glory/power.
  2. I'd like to see some cards directly related to climbing the scoreboard (e.g. "rose the most positions") in later months to encourage upsets and force early leaders to abalnce their lead against early rivals with potential come from behind threats
  3. There are no harvesting or crafting cards. There should probably be some harvesting and crafting cards in some fashion.

• Combined. Having different window times actually makes some fights more attractive than others.

• Honestly they all blend together. I Guess the one where FOEX took 4th just because we did well.

• Bring back 3 faction campaigns with proper player load balancing and no user selected teams.
  • I'd love to see campaigns that don't revolve primarily around keep and fort fights. Boss Monster hunting with pvp interference, maybe some CTF style objectives, scavenging/exploration focused campaigns, something other than the "more keeps more win" standard to keep it fresh.
  • I'd love to see some "lore" campaigns with vessel limitations.

• Big. Small maps make it far too easy for a small number of players to dominate the map. Campaigns should have space for smaller groups to own some stuff "beneath the notice" of the current leading groups. Only a handful of players actually get to use the current keep/fort systems, despite them being a major part of the gameplay loop. A larger map would create a scope large enough to win for those groups with enough space to house smaller groups and conflicts.

• Few months ago, asidefrom randomly using them to farm.

• Most of the systems are centered around objectives that are unobtainable for the scope of my guild and alliance. I don't have 20+ people to bring to fort or keep fights regularly and every objective is constantly under threat from those groups. Seems like a waste of time to try. I have more fun in faction campaigns where the scope of individual guilds doesn't matter as much.

Other Campaign feedback? 

• Dregs is a terrible starting point for new players leaving infected, or anyone not capable of consistently running at least two full groups. It leaves them very little to accomplish and locks them out of most of the cards unless they join an existing large alliance. The game needs a better risk/reward ramp to allow new alliances to form outside the influence of the top dogs slugging it out. The "top 3" scoring system encourages dominating easy opponents rather than challenging difficult ones (a guaranteed 2nd place against newbies is always going to be a better bet than a possible 4th or 5th versus pros that rewards nothing) and leaves no reward incentives after summer for anyone not already well off in category ranking as catching up is nigh impossible. Its current form breeds a lot of stagnation, and if multiple campaigns are available will incentivize "ranking down" for rewards rather than staying at a higher tier for at a slightly lower scoreboard position with better payout, since only the top three get anything at all.
Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

• EU Times is killing french population :
    currently, in Paris, the first fort are at 6pm30, the keep are at 7pm30 and the last fort finish at 9pm30
    BUT most people cant play before 9pm
    with summer time it was already bad ( prime where from 7pm30 to 10pm30) but know it's not managable.

1. i would like to see some point about craft like "guilds that sacrifice the most xp crafted item to some gold"
  2. Top wealth is too much about rank building, you could add "most wall in keep and fort" or "best average keep rank" or " most caravans render in the keep" or "most sacrifice value average in the keep safe during the last siege"
  3. Top 3 guilds is not enough, if you are a medium tier guild you wont target them because you can think that too many big guilds will do them easily, something like top 10 would be better unless you plan to have only 10 guilds of 500 player on release date.

• at first i liked the combined Campaign, but with experience i learn that it's not managable, on the week end siege, everyone can go to the EU windows ( it's the beginning of the afternoon ) and EU is already less populated so it's not fun at all.
  • By the same effect, it's difficule for EU guilds to get point from outpost after the siege windows ( 3hours later the maps are full of NA ).

• the second dregs on the test server because many people had focus on conquest and we managed to end up 2nd ( in BSF ).
  • the first dregs in the beta we got population, fight everywhere, many buses on EU sieges windows ( 40+ in CAC )
  • the startup of each 0 import campaign

1. no inventory drop on death
  2. 0 import ( not even vessel or runes )
  3. 20 member max per guilds

• i prefer Campaigns with huge population.

• i'm currently in !

Other Campaign feedback? 

• reward in campaign are too strong, it's snowballing hard, please dont give resources, give EK / crows / skin instead
  • we need to be able to sort the points by glory / weathl / power
  • we need to have reward for some threeshold : for example 10 points and 20 points, it will give motivation for smallest guild to focus on the cards, to the end
  • we need personnal reward on the campaign, by exemple X kills, Y captures points
  • please dont do handchek siege as it's too easily abusable.

Wealth cards i feel should be focused on crafting/harvesting/PVE farming 
Power cards should be City building/Capturepoints/territory related. consolidating power in an area type thing
Glory Cards should be PvP focus so player kills, sac skulls and so on (Kinda would like seeing some winter cards where top alliances/guild yield bonus points as a catch up mechanic for 4th place and below)

Veeshan Midst of UXA

NA Times are not that great, here are some suggestions:

They're ok, but just having one window severely limits a lot of activity off-hours

I think they are good with current pop, but sometimes it feels a little crowded, though that's not always a bad thing.

What other types of Campaign setups would you like to see?

Heavier import restrictions. Restrictions on bringing mats/gold into the campaign. A faction campaign with a "hard lock" and no way to switch factions.

Bigger, but selfishly it's because I'm a harvester and want more places to harvest.

Current, and last two.

Other Campaign feedback? 

Ore spawns feel horribly infrequent and in most instances their ranks are no better than infected. Why would I take the risk of harvesting in campaign when I can get the same in infected without loot loss?

Also, having pack pigs so unbelievably close to keeps means that it's way too easy to successfully run pigs without any risk to the runner which makes farming mats too easy and the extra resources it gives pracitcally invalidates any need for harvesting. Why would I spend any time solo harvesting for a small chance at resources that I can lose when I can just get a big block of them of an easy pig run??

• The EU Times are too early - after some Days, the most of us. Don´t get ready for the first Fort Timer 18:30 - 19:30.
  • Many Work till 17:00 or 18:00 and then they must drive home, eat, etc.

• Both are okay - but think a EU separate Campaign would be nice for the smaller EU Guilds.

• Long ago EU only Campaign - we could nearly control a Map be our Guild alone - hold the Map, try to fight everone who came in this map.
  • Feel like this Map was our Zone for the Guild.

• Big Maps - the actual Map is way to small.
    The diffrence betwen the Keeps is near - its feel like 1 or 2 min walking time.

Every Day its possible.

Solo-Gold farminig in Infected - its save and easyer.
Stone farming for Ambrosia in Infected - its saver the in Campaign.

Other Campaign feedback? 

We need some more activites - At Moment every Day is the same, 1 hour Fort Defense, then 1 hour Keep defense or Pig runs, then an other hour Fort Defense.
Fort Defense is most time runnig from one Fort to a other or standing inside and waiting. Get really boring. Most time i watch some other Games in Twitch and standig semi-afk in the Fort.

Forts give to much Material. Outpost need to give a reward for capture them. Like a buff or maybe strong guards for more Outpost. Or link the to the Keep an make there the guards stronger. At Moment we allways let the outpost stay and dont capture then, because its waste of time. Or kill the Guards and take the loot. But leave then, so we dont have to stay there for 1 - 2 min AFK.

Edited by Famelor

Drop the total siege window to 2:30 hours. 1 Hour for Keeps and 1:30 for forts but make all forts come up at the same time. Reasoning for this would be to get people moving around in the world and with limited fort time guilds have to choose which forts are important to them but have time to make deals with other guilds on the fly. 
 Time wise I would prefer 7:00 CST start time.

How do you like the variance with the Campaign cards is there anything you'd like to see different with them?

1. Make a set of cards that apply to those that are landless and those that have land. As it stands now as a landless group there is no point of you even trying to play DF when a season is like 2 keep cards. You're just poorly made dergs out of luck.
  2. Define what actually classifies as landless. Currently there is no definition you just got to guess with it. No outposts? No forts? etc?
  3. Please. Please. PLEASE. Give ways for guilds to have to log on OUTSIDE OF SIEGE TIMES to gain points. Make temporary cards that come up. Something like kill 100 urgu for +2 power etc. Reward people that take the time to interact with the world. 

• Please keep combined. As much as there needs to be testing in the split dregs we do not have the population right now for a spilt dregs. 

• Enuelyn - Map size was perfect and the population was amazing. At the time I was apart of the Wild Hunt.

1. Shadow ruleset
  2. Number Locked Dregs (20 members max. No alliances)
  3. Faction (So that people that gulidless have a chance to play the end game)

• Little Maps because population is currently bad. 

Vekelsey Dregs

Other Campaign feedback? 

Please make it so importing materials to build up keep is not a thing it ends up making running pigs among other tasks less than useless. 

Edited by Chairman_Meow

This is gonna be long, there's mutliple things that should be changed to make bigger guilds work harder.

Time's are too late for NA EST. I'll assume its the same for EU times. Push back at least 1 hour.
The problem with Forts is that you only fight last 10 minutes because throughout that hour you can't gain anything from said fort. I feel like have 3-4 Forts up a window makes guilds choose what they fight for. We made plays last campaign to grab forts. It sucked and was a lot of work to out maneuver bigger guilds but it is possible. But right now, big guilds usually dominate for gold/dust forts because they end up not needing building materials.

1. Nihil has a lot of good thoughts on cards but I'll add to it.
  2. Each of the 3 Glory/Wealth/Power should directly correlate to something. Glory = Sacs, Wealth = Keeps, Power = Outposts/Forts. If we want to change this we can, but these should correlate. If all or even 2 of these line up with 1 goal it disproportionately gives different guilds advantages. Look at winter of Vekelsey, we had to deal with a lot of back dooring and making sure things went a certain way because 1. The kill God shrines is a joke 2. Taking a keep as power shouldn't be a thing. If you don't want landless guilds to compete, I get it. It would just be better if everyone could compete for Divine Favor.
  3. If we go with the assumption from above, then why is Reversal of Fortune on power. The 2 cards before this were all landless and dealt with holding outposts and killing on forts/keeps. Also This card alone gave +12 for winning. Which was worth more than all 3 of the previous seasons combined. I'm ok with scaling up points but that's too far. Spring was 4/3/1, Summer was 3, Fall was 3.
  4. Doomsday Visage, ( email from support ). This is factually inaccurate. We killed 77 people on "A" keep/fort parcel during siege window. Got 0 points for it and were told it was working correctly. Another guild mentioned that Forts/Outposts count as land. Which within the email says other wise. We all should know what is landless and what isn't because apparently no one knows.
  5. So far we have only seen 1 harvesting card and it was during winter. The Sands of Time card, although was a lot of fun because generally there's 1 or 2 good spots to farm ore/stone/wood. Makes it so you have to go out for a group. The problem we found is day 1 we thought it wasn't dropping because it hadn't dropped before and where it was dropping from. It should be stated farm stone motherlodes and sacrifice sands of time to Kronos. 

• I do like the combined campaigns. More active windows and more people just in general. It sucks for EU because they're smaller guilds usually and our prime time is right after theirs. So late late night us sieges for them and often times US can be at their sieges. It sucks and I don't think it would be a price I would be willing to take as an EU but it makes for a lot of PvP out of siege windows.

• Vekelsey, even thought we had to play really hard for Divine Favor. We had the most fun because we were landless and didn't have an obligation to defend a keep. Admittedly I will have fun not sieging no matter what so maybe these next campaigns will be fun as a mercenary guild. But giving W/DIS a run for their money was a lot of fun, even if it was only 1 time.

1.  Hungerdome, obviously the game isnt balanced around 1v1s but its all about playing your best and making plays, who knows what would happen now.
  2. I want arena type game modes. 10v10 or 5v5 TDM/Flag Capture/King of the Hill style, 3v3 or 5v5 arenas. Obviously this isn't an arena game but sounds fun.

• Depends on how many guilds are actively playing, I think right now 4 or 5 maps is good for combined. Seems to always be fights and with combined people are out and about a lot of the time. I think Cernunnos is huge and the problem with it, is that it's the farthest zone away from temples and right now still only has level 26 mobs. Why is there no level 30 mobs.
  • Small maps give a lot of pvp, makes

All of them since 6.00, the last one I played for 10+ hours a day.

Other Campaign feedback?

- Here's gonna be a flavor post because Blazzen has touched on this( Blazzem's Post ) and Commuinst_Puppy had a similar idea. Can we add maybe daily/weekly missions for personal/guilds to do. I understand Seasonal things exist but I promise it's boring farming Underhill camps for 10 hours a day. If you make cards give 5 points for winning you could make the daily quests give 1 or 2 divine favor or maybe give a reward like first aid manual or something like that. Adding incentives for guilds to do stuff outside of siege. This is what we all complain about. We enjoy the game but want more to do that isn't farming materials for keeps, logging in to defend a keep that wont be attacked, or running to get a fort at 10:30pm. 

- I'm ok with landless guilds not being top tier, but we should be able to compete. We proved you can compete, granted LOD/CC weren't playing. It most likely would have been a different story. If you want us to compete with guilds that hold a keep 2/3 of the cards can't revolve around holding a keep. To add to that, if you make 2 cards revolve around keeps, it makes those people holding keeps not want to do other things not involving upgrading/maintaining the keep.

- Lastly, make losing not suck. Sure it will suck no matter how you slice it, but winning you just snowball to bigger and better things, and if they wanted to big guilds would always win. The reward for winning top Divine Favor is too much. 3 Dom dust is a lot for a guild starting to make vessels. Imagine a 40 person guild that just saved 12k gold per player to get disciplines. Then Imagine that same guild saving 15k on a vendor, which granted most people wont use and will just give to guild to sell other items. But then imagine that same 40 man guild having all its members after first campaign have a first aid manual. First aid manual is OP, 5k heal is nuts and now 2 of the call it 6 guilds major guilds have all their members with a first aid manual. 

Edited by arcticx

The times don't appear to adjust for Daylight Savings Time. Before November 1, siege ended 11:30pm EST, but they were ending at 12:30pm EST last campaign, which is really late for East coasters

1. Wealth and Power cards feed into each other too much. You score on Top Wealth (most Rank 3 buildings) and Top Power (most Capture score) with a Rank 3 Bell Tower. Once you fully rank a Keep, you're guaranteed to win 5 points on Top Power and almost guaranteed to win 5 points for Top Wealth. It's interesting when seasonal cards feed into each other (like most B buildings and most keeps with rank 3 buildings), but the campaign cards shouldn't. Glory is well done in this regard.
  2. There are no/little cards on crafting and harvesting. There's the intercept caravan card and the sands of time/amber spider cards, but they show up infrequently and there are no cards for crafting.  Something like Top 3 guilds with the highest average crafting score at the end of the season or Top 3 guilds who craft the most blue leather boots, or something,
  3. The campaign cards seem to be chosen when the world is created rather than when the a new campaign starts. This is only a problem because of the accessibility of the Test Server, but campaigns that appear on test are nearly identical to the ones on Live (I think resources and mob spawns do get shuffled around a little). You could get some limited repeatability out of the same maps if the cards were chosen when the campaign started.

• It's fine, I guess. Though I do dislike objectives on different windows, but that's just something I'll have to deal with

• The Amersyn campaign. It was the only campaign that had an ebb and flow and the winner wasn't decided after Spring.

1. Would like to see how the Shadows (Faction v Faction) plays now that we have Divine Favor and rewards
  2. No Respawns except in the temple.
  3. More destructive Hunger. During Fall and Winter, the Hunger should randomly corrupt PoIs (like Caravan spawns, outposts, forts, and keeps), neutralizing them and rendering them unusable and uncapturable, either until the next siege or for the rest of the campaign.
  4. Bloodstone ruleset is cool too

• Maps as in Zones or Maps as in Clusters? If we mean Zones, they're decently sized, if a little on the small side. Sometimes runegates and PoIs are too close together, and other times they're on opposing sides of the map. If we mean Clusters, they are small and I don't like that. You can be anywhere in a matter of minutes (especially considering log out/ log in rules). It's not punishing to be kicked out of a zone, cuz the Temple is just a hop and a skip away.

The Aliepo Campaign was the last one I logged into, but I haven't really participated since the Enuelyn Campaign

My Covidcation ended.

Other Campaign feedback? 

A couple, yes.

1. There's a false assumption being made about Keep sieges, I feel. There's a scarce number of Keeps in each campaign so that we fight over them, but only those who can hold a Keep will take a Keep. Because of the land rush, a small guild could rush and take a Keep, but if anyone sieges them, they'll lose it. And if they do lose it, they can't take it back. No guild will siege a Keep with less than 20 members, especially if the defending guild has the superior numbers. This is compounded by the fact that you need a Keep for better siege weapons. There's little a small guild can do at a siege. Any siege weapons they do bring will die almost instantly and deal little damage to walls or buildings. There's no point in trying and failing to siege keep with small numbers, but the game says, "Siege or GTFO!".
  2. The world generator doesn't generate coherent zones. The zones themselves "look" interesting, but they aren't interesting to play in. It'll create long winding peninsulas, but place nothing there. And if it does, it's something that has no being way out in bumcustard nowhere. It generates roads and connects some PoIs to them, but only the ones next to each other on the same side of the zone. It's always quicker to beeline to your destination rather than follow the road. If roads are supposed to be the main ways to traverse through zones, they are failing spectacularly.  1 zone acts fundamentally the same as all other zones. The generator needs something more so we aren't playing the same way and doing the same things in each zone
  3. We need more varied and interesting layouts for keeps. You already have some unique terrain: Plains, Mountains, Canyons, Forests. You could create parcels and make Keeps for these terrains. You'd do well, IMO, to create small and big keeps for each. So Small and Big Plains Keeps (what we currently have in-game), Small and Big Mountain Keeps (mountain terrain is cool), Small and Big Canyon Keeps (highly defensible), Small and Big Forest Keeps (poor visibility, might be more melee centric). The Environment team has made some really cool terrain, so I'm excited to see really cool Keeps to defend
  4. While there are many interesting parcels in the world, many of them are empty space that just fills the void between PoIs. Whatever resources are on the parcel are so low in number that they're not worth going out of your way to harvest them. There ought to be something there to fill the void. You don't need an outpost on every parcel, but these should tie into the territory conquest game somehow. Create actual fronts to fight on or something. Just more then empty space.
  5. Outposts are useless and worthless. Once you have a Rank 3 Bell Tower, outposts lose all meaning. They're supposed to be content for 1-3 players who have 30min to play, but they're so inconsequential that everyone ignores them. The only outpost worth defending is the Respawn Outpost. God Outposts you'll take to get the buff, but you won't defend it unless Divine Favor tells you to. All the others you ignore. The only reason they generate any PvP at all is because killing guards is announced in the Events tab
  6. Forts give too much reward for the risk taken to capture it. You get 24 hours of free loot for 10 minutes of action. I'd much rather the fort chest spawn once after the window closes and not again until the next window window closes. Additionally, the chest should only spawn generic building materials.  Fort windows are also too long. Since it only matters who has it at the end, noone shows up until the last 10min. The windows should only last 30min, maybe even 20, but 60 is too long. While I prefer this over the current system, it also means forts are dead content 90% of the time. Something that I really like in 5.100 was having resources right outside forts. Solo harvesting is heavily dependent on having an efficient route, and having lots of resources on the Keep and Fort parcels made that easy. I would like it if that was returned to Forts. If you wanted lots of individual resources, you'd harvest them at a Fort. If you wanted ore, you'd harvest at an Ingot Fort, Wood at a Timber Fort, Hide at a Pelt Fort (might need new tech or special mobs so that hostile animals aren't constantly attacking the Fort guards), Stone at a Boulder Fort.  Bonus points if you also split it up so you'd have Iron ore at one Fort, Birch wood at another, etc. You'd have 20 different forts that you'd want. Motherlodes would still be at other PoIs so you couldn't farm exclusively at Forts. And since you can't claim ownership over resource nodes, whoever owns the Fort should get a +Harvesting Crit Chance and a +Beneficial Harvest chance buff while on the parcel. So even if you don't have to own the Fort to harvest around it, it would be better if you were. (Also plz buff harvesting so this idea actually works)
  7. I don't like how the only the Top 3 can score on the campaign cards. Rewarding the Top 3 is fine, but only scoring if you're Top 3 feels off. There were 71 guilds in the first Beta dregs, but only 3 of them can score on any given card. Seems awfully punishing to those other 68 guilds. Maybe it'd be better if points were based on the per member share of points generated. If 100 artifacts were sacced in a season between 2 guilds with 100 members across both, and Guild A with 10 members sacced 20 items and Guild B sacced 80 items with 90 members, then 2.89 total artifacts were sacc'd per total members. Guild A, having sacced 2 artifacts per member, would earn 69% of the total points and Guild B would earn 31% of the total points.
Edited by coolster50
Wanted to add more stuffs

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

• EU Times are not that great, here are some suggestions: should be +1-2 hrs

1. Would like to see more Gathering & Crafting Cards after Forts & Caravans don´t drop Qualitystuff anymore.
  2. Would like to see more seasonal cards in one season, especially in longer campaigns. So have 2-3 cards active at the same time per power/wealth/glory.

• At the moment - due to EU population not that big - mixed campaigns are fine. For EU Guilds it is a bit tricky as especially on weekends we get sudden masses of enemies ;)

• Last one as we had an awesome Siege on Saturday ^^

1. No Inventoryimport, just equipped Stuff and go.

• looking for pvp small maps are good, looking to get stuff done big maps are good, so undecided.

active now

-

Other Campaign feedback? 

For BETAinvites a Shadowscampaign might be good.

On 11/24/2020 at 9:27 PM, ACE-Tiggs said:

Hey Crows! 

• The EU times are ok but forts shouldnt have a timer of any sort, open them up 24/7 let players fight over them. A hand shake system would be better for keep sieges as you'll never know when RL catches your guild out. I do think in the currant system that on weekends the US guilds can attack EU keeps as its in the afternoon for them while EU will struggle to attack the US keeps as its like 4am in the morning. Because of this and you want data to improve the game, why dont you just hold all sieges at weekends only at the EU time?

1. Too many of them are based for guilds that own keeps, keeps will only be held by large guilds who can no life.
  2. There are too many pve ones, not enough pvp ones and no crafting ones.
  3. Outpost ones are just silly, guilds with the most outpost taken by the end of the season, it just makes a huge rush in the last hour of the season, again, as it stands EU guilds stand no chance as the season finishes in the morning. What needs to change is how you win by how many points gained through outposts throughout the season, then they will also be worth holding and defending.

• yes and no, by what ive already stated above, US gets more benefit with season finishing and having 2x weekend siege times. But due to the lack of players i suppose its needed atm. You could always open an EU only up for smaller EU guilds to have a little fun in? 

• None, they all have the same outcome, the biggest no lifer guilds who turn up will always win.

1. 20 limit guild, no alliances

• Maps as in zone size or number of zones in the campaign? If you mean the size of the zone i think you should have many different types of zones, small zones for certain resources no forts or keeps, larger ones with just forts in and huge zone with a bit of everything. This will give us more zones to control and gives the harvesters somewhere to hide to get resources (harvesting needs a huge buff btw). So more zones and different sizes of maps but with themes, forests, deserts etc

i think ive done them all but they are getting boring, harvesting sucks so badly ive given up + same old guilds win all the time.

Other Campaign feedback? 

1.Take forts off timers 

2. Give a massive global harvesting buff to get ppl motivated to harvest in campaigns

3. Outposts should gives further zonal harvesting buffs for guilds.

• EU Times are not that great, here are some suggestions: for french ppl it's at least one hour too early for us it begins at 6pm and a half and finish at 9pm and a half, so u can understand many of us are still at work when it begins so hard to play but i can understand it's not easy to find the better time for everyone. 

i think we need more diversity like some people already said, more card for harvest things like (the guild who harvest the more iron (per member?) ) or more craft card
And  you can also give personnal activity card (many ideas with that) to push ppl to connect and give us the feeling we can help the guild even if we are solo (when you play later or earlier than your mates)

• Yes and No: 
    Yes cause currently we cannot have EU only, the lack of population is too important
    No, cause NA are clairly advantaged, cause of siege time, they have one in the afternoon and one on prime time while EU got one in prime time and the second in the middle of the night. We need to have a third siege time in the late morning or early afternoon for EU, to balance things between the both side of the atlantic

• the no import campaign.

1.  restricted campaign like only monster or things like that
  2. 3 factions campaign (old style not like in infected) with  limited ppl in each faction to balance the forces
  3. FFA campaign short but custard fun like was "bloodbath"

• size doesnt matter... poi number are important to create some pvp activities 

2 hours

Other Campaign feedback? 

the caravans gives too much resources which is killing the harvesters,

give outpost control a buff for their zone or something like that for increase harvest or pvp but something to push ppl to keep them 

Edited by royo

The EU timer for keep, for the actual (Takkalyn) campaign is atrociously bad. it is 7:30 PM CET to 8:30 PM CET. I don't get why it was not kept to the old 8:30 to 9:30 PM CET timer. It is basically the moment most of our guild goes to eat, and if some can adapt our plans IRL (and we shouldn't, to be honest), some other like me can not do that. Making sieges not playable for us.

More campaign card that lead to constant fighting in a zone. Like collecting a specific war tribe artifact and sacrificing it.

Better combined, making the population stacked on one campaign is better at the moment, while the population is this low, i do not see it any other way.

No import campaign are fun. Bring a lot of fights early on, a lot of things to do in it beside campaign cards.

3 faction campaigns that are not infected/god's reach tier.

At the moment I'd prefer less maps, not necesseraly bigger or smaller but something to help find more fighting. It is at the moment, kind of hard when there is not a campaign card to focus the population on one point.

Less than 24 hours.

1459889836-gein-william.png

ime Changes: (please list time zones if you're adding in any).  

• The EU Times are perfect! (as far as i know, im not EU)

1. i dont like the rewards for cards. i feel conquest should offer the "Best" ? "biggest" ? reward.  this is a throne war.. not a sacrafice *junk* to god game, afterall? 

• if you split them, would need to half the ammount of maps to avoid the empty feels. at wahtever extra cost it is to run a 2nd compaign, might as well leave it as it

• i liked alot of em for different reasons. but you could pick any of them before divine favor was added.

1. i think it was the kickstarter, where it was said things like "this race not allowed" etc... when u gonna try those? also pick minotuar.

• id like to see different sizes of maps. why does zone 1 and zone 2 need to be the same size? (roughly, just a different shape) why cant zone 1 be small with 1 keep and 2 forts, and zone 2 be bigger with 3 keeps and 4 forts? for example
  • why does every zone need a stone poi, a wood poi, an ore poi? (i know biomes have been mentioned) but why not just make 1 zone "ore zone" where if u want ore, u gota go to that zone, weather its from a pig, from a fort, or from a POI? now ur gonna promote world travel, instead of hiding out in the 1 zone.

most of em? so the answer is yes.

ususally its from burn out. sometimes i think u guys dont play your own game, u go start up a 7 day campaign world, then get ur keep to rank 3 then get ur guards to rank 10 then defend it, then do it again.

i was glad to see this 21 day cw. longer is better IMO

Other Campaign feedback? 

tiggs town when?  ;)

• ACE-Tiggs locked and unpinned this topic