Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Campaign Feedback 11/24/2020

ACE-Tiggs

Time Changes: (please list time zones if you're adding in any).  

• The NA Times are perfect!

How do you like the variance with the Campaign cards is there anything you'd like to see different with them?

1. Card for Crafting
  2. More than R3 Building cards. How about a "Bane Trees Killed" card? So people don't want you to defend Keeps.
  3. Make more kill cards.

Do you like the Campaigns combined or NA / EU separate and why?

• I do like it. I brings PVP to the game all day. In a larger population it might not work.

What was your favorite Campaign and why?

• I enjoy every campaign. The campaigns lately have felt exciting with all the new changes.

What other types of Campaign setups would you like to see?

1. Night/Hour(s) long campaign, no imports/ exports, when you die you're kicked. Wartribes/ loot chests everywhere. Free for all PVP. Last man standing gets rewards. Crowfall's BG.
  2. Campaign where sieges fire off all day long for people to learn the game. Maybe keep it faction based.

Do you prefer big maps or little maps for Campaigns and why?

• Maps relative to server population. Too big the server feels dead, too small and you can't get anything done because everyone is on top of each other.

How long ago did you participate in a Campaign?

Every campaign for the last few years :D

Other Campaign feedback? 

Make forts more fun by adding walls to every fort and make ranking the fort up "worth it" by adding more guards when you get walls built. Right now, no one is building forts up because it's super easy just to run them over. I think my suggestions will help.

• NA Times are not that great, here are some suggestions:  Guilds really need some control over what days and what times their keeps and forts are open. Keeps, when taken, the owning guild should be able to set a time that the keep goes live. This time would not be able to be modified, once set. Guilds should also be able to have some influence on when forts they control go live also.

How do you like the variance with the Campaign cards is there anything you'd like to see different with them?

In general, too many people are making big deals about some of these cards. Until we actually have a population playiung that more fully represents what the game will truly look like, know one knows for sure what needs to be addresed

• No preference at moment, but as pop grow you will need to split them, but while pop is low combined is best.

• N/A

•  

If you don't participate in Campaigns, why? 

Other Campaign feedback? 

I skipped the rest because it really is BS until we get more people playing. I will give a few suggestions though that these questions dont even touch on.

1. Keeps need to be much, much more expensive to seed. This will make it so that initially even larger guilds will be able to take less keeps, making gameplay more strategic, and allow guilds/alliances to carve out territory, instead of claim all the keeps on one map quickly.

2. Campaigns need to be much longer!!! Even month long campaigns will quickly tire out and bore your player base. Shadowbane had a flaw in that a guild starting a server 1 month behind the other guilds was pretty much totally locked out of having a city. Here that is not so. However, guilds WILL NOT WANT TO START OVER MONTH AFTER MONTH!!. Make campaigns 3-6 months long, at least offer some that last in this range.

3. If, for example, a keep costs 1 million gold to plant a seed, it should cost gold to take. There are 3 bane trees, make them spawn at beginning of siege, for the first 15 minutes they are open to be 'seeded' with gold. make this gold investment like 250k. Then after 15 minutes the bane trees become vulnerable, and can no longer be seeded. This way a guild would have to potentially fight its way to the bane tree to seed it, (with a chance of being killed and the gold/seed looted) and would have something to lose in the fight. Also, if a guild loses a bane tree, some of that gold would go to the defenders, not all of it, but some.

4. Make the first campaign have lower rank resource nodes. Let's say the first campaign is for 4 weeks. It will take 2 weeks to be able to get runic tools to harvest anything in campaign, and another week before body parts can be dug up. Instead of giving us rank 8,9,10 nodes that we cant harvest until 14 days in, make them rank 4-7 so we can harvest from them before the tools are available. For the first campaign, no one will really want/need purple or above resources, and even blue is a bit of an overkill. What we would need is an increase to the amount of green drops we get. Do not put the increased amount of materials into infected. So a rank 4 node in infected might drop 4-6 iron with a 25% chance of green and 10% of blue. While the same node in campaign would drop 8-12 with a 50% chance of green and 15 chance of blue. this would encourage people to harvest in campaign and not infected. More risk= more reward.

5. Animals and Trees need to be adjusted to give more resources, and non basic wood trees need to be much more plentiful. If i can run around a small mountain and harvest 20 different stone motherlodes and smaller nodes, and get a ton of resources when i do, i need a similar area where i can harvest wood and skins form trees and animals, especially as they have no motherlodes. Each rank of animal needs not only to increase the color of skins available, but the amount also. Same for trees, you have saplings, why not make a couple disinctions of trees. ie Sapling, Young, Mature, Ancient and base amount of materials etc based on that also.

To summarize, a campaign needs to feel like a campaign. Each guild/alliance starting out small and carving out territory. To make this happen keeps need to be more expensive to seed, need to be more expensive to siege, and more risk involved for the attackers too. And campaigns need to be much longer so they are truly marathons, not sprints or even mile long races.

On 11/24/2020 at 4:27 PM, ACE-Tiggs said:

Hey Crows! 

Time Changes: (eastern time).  

Any time windows at all are terrible. No amount of tweaking will make them better - remove them entirely.

• With anything like the current or projected (by me, fwiw) population, they should probably be combined. 

1. No siege windows. 
  2. Global points per kill.
  3. More ways for small groups and/or solo players to participate. 

• Smaller maps, but more importantly also more thoughtfully laid-out. Not only should objectives be contested, but routes between them should be contested, as well. If the map is too large and too open, people can wander without stumbling across each other. 

Last month? Something like that.

1. I can almost never log on during "prime time."

2. Campaigns are currently set up for large groups. I tend to roam solo, since none of my friends are currently playing this game. Even if they do end up playing here (which no longer seems as likely as it once seemed), we will typically only be able to field a few people at a time.

3. I still can't use my map without suffering a massive FPS drop, which makes it hard to play the game. 

Other Campaign feedback? 

PvP in general needs to be improved.

One of the biggest things that breaks it for me is the nonsense with dodging doing basically nothing (no iFrame, despite homing projectiles). 

But also, the build options are limited in terms of playstyles. There is an illusion of choice, only. Options are like...should I take X for damage, or Y for more damage? We can't actually build in such a way that it would allow us to play differently. 

Edited by Cejo

• ArtCraft Dev
  •  

Hey Crows! 

Today, we changed the start times for Campaigns along with export numbers. We'd love to hear your feedback about those changes and campaigns in general (not referring to the suggestions for open sieges, or handshake sieges we received a lot of that feedback in our other thread),   We'd appreciate if you can take a few moments and answer the following questions.  

• The NA Times are perfect!
  • The EU Times are perfect!
  • EU Times are not that great, here are some suggestions:
  • NA Times are not that great, here are some suggestions:

How do you like the variance with the Campaign cards is there anything you'd like to see different with them?

1. I like the balance of the campaign cards and how the conquest points change in the winter lose all points when control point is lost
  2. I'd like to see maybe a larger area to loot for the divinity per member cards. when there is only one king spawn it is reallly hard to compete against big groups
  3. I like how the balance of conquest points is between forts keeps outposts But I do think that outpost control should help with fort taking or defense or the same for forts with keeps around them. There should be a benefit to holding the forts related to your keep and benefits for holding outposts related to its closest fort maybe reducing guard mitigations or damage. or guard population something like that. Maybe controlling forts that are linked to a keep could buff your chance of getting higher rarity pack pig cargo or move speed something to make the big guilds be more active and not just sit on 2 keeps.

• It's best combined but I think there should be one more fort and siege window for 2 hours at like 2 am to 4 am PST for the european players

• My favorit campaign was on the test server. It was actually really fun having unlimited resources. Maybe we should have 2x gathering on weekends or something to boost the activity that's being limited because of economic stimulii

1. I'd like to see a campaign that only has 2 factions 
  2. i'd like to see a campaign where there are only 3 guild per alliance
  3. i'd like to see something like the ark bosses you could summon by gathering an artifact of each type sacrificing it to spawn a mega boss that has mega loot that alerts the whole server that it is happening.
  4. i'd like to see a very short campaign 8 hours long maybe like one of those battle royales where the map shrinks as players die.

Having a variety is real cool. keeping the meta moving around is making theory crafting very fun.

• EU Times are not that great, here are some suggestions: for most of the EU population the siege window starts to early. An hour later would be nice.

How do you like the variance with the Campaign cards is there anything you'd like to see different with them?

1. Give us Cards depending on landless or not so that people can decide if the want to play for capture or landless in a campaign.
  2. sacrafice X to Y cards are just poor daily grinding quests
  3. a participation fee to enter the divine favour competition would be nice, now its like free points for you whould have done anyway...

• combined campaigns help you guys with performance but it custards over whole EU. (Don´t worry we know you don´t care)

• the one with that 8 marbleMLs on one spot, that says alot about campaigns.

1. a long 3 Faction instead of Infected.

• big maps, thats what you promised, maps right now feel like disneyland. Since a ton of POIs have to find place on every map they feel cramped.

my guild doesn´t really paricipate

NA can easly join EU Siegetimes but we cant play from 01:30am for a few hours. 

Other Campaign feedback? 

-Every Campaign dies slowly after summer, the Thrall hunting won´t be enough to motivate guilds that are not in the top5.

-You promised us months ago that you´ll give us insights on cards, how they work, if the work... Do you even know?

-More details on who got points for season and campaign cards!

GvTm2yj.gif

• EU Times are not that great, due to summer time change, move it back 1 hour.

i would like to see them removed from winning an campaign and just as bonus activity.

• i prefer sparated, but the populations seems to low for it, its still the problem that 75% of the population is sitting in infected or Godsreach.

• Trail of Malekai, because people were motivated, also 5.8 due to perfect siege times and an bette siege with better keep layout + balistas as second objective

1.  Elemination, if you dont have a fort or keep you get kicked out or you have to bend the knee to who you lost. Campaigns are most of the times earlier won which makes them boring in the end.

• smaller maps i dont want to play walking simulator

5.8 ? i think

the Cardsystem nor Sieges interest me.

Other Campaign feedback? 

fix that the population is steady 24/7

let us customize our Keeps more Guards placements, doors, Ramps where to go up, ( the old layout atleast allowed us to not build some pieces of the wall.

Edited by DravoiX

This is starting to feel like a custarded over MOBA..

Have free building placement for the love of god...even if it's a token system per tile/zone... cookie cutter sucks it.

Eliminate encampments/guard posts...Make them fewer and make them return resources to a keep on a distance/return vector...(Old Shadowbane Mine System).. Forts and Keeps shouldn't just spawn resouirces for simply being there.

• EU Times are not that great, here are some suggestions, siege hours should be delayed by 1h or 1h30.

1. Interesting. It a good option regarding the zerg guilds.

• Combined to have more people and test night capping

• This one after 4 years. At least, there are some decent AOE to play small optimized group fight.

1. Tri-faction campaign

• It depends on the number of players. Currently There are too many maps for less than 200 hundred players altogether.

• From the start of them.

Not enough fight because map size versus number of players is not managed by your team. The infected is ruinning the fun because you can farm safely reducing the number of players in dredge/campaign.

Other Campaign feedback? 

You should alternate between Tri-faction campaign and dredge.

Get rid of siege timers. Make the attacker pay to siege

Get rid of dust and gold forts

Limit other forts to green resources max.

Don't allow imported gold and building materials to be used for keeps

Every time I run a caravan I want to punch my screen. I'm sure you can guess why. Better AI when?

Edited by yianni

I've given up on campaigns until: 1) they last longer. IMO, for launch at least 3 months and 6 is better. For Beta at least 1 month. 

2) More players participate. It feels like a no player zone except for the last few minutes of sieges.

macdeath_sig.png

#peacestories

This was our guild's gameplay last night in campaign:

• Show up at the start of siege hours. Get 5 minutes of fighting over a fort that had been neutral for 24 hours.
  • Move to another fort to capture/defend it. Wait 55 minutes until the end of the first siege hour.
  • Our keep is vulnerable in the next hour. We move to the walls to defend it. The only other large group in campaign *also* has a vulnerable keep, so they're sitting on their walls too. We both wait 15 minutes until the bane trees spawn. We both kill the trees unopposed.
  • Nothing else is happening this siege hour. We wait 45 minutes until it ends.
  • There are more forts up next hour. We run around capturing but get no action. Our opponents are going to wait until the last 10 minutes as usual...
  • We wait 50 minutes until the end of the next siege hour.
  • Our opponents finally show up. We mercifully get to fight twice instead of just once. It takes 10 minutes. They win, but whatever.. at least it was some action.
  • Siege hours are over.

So if we add that up, we get:

• 15 minutes of fighting
  • 2 hours, 45 minutes of waiting

That is really really not okay. We have to do something about that. Perhaps some of the suggestions in this comment?

Edited by nihilsupernum

I’m not happy at all about the direction of the territory control portion of dregs so I dedicated a post or it.  I will flush out the system over a number of added posts over the next 40 days.

Let’s make a game, not just a random pile of POI’s and a list of scheduled sieges.

Mr Tiggs,

This is how you should setup your next campaign, to test my ideas about zerg busting in the post above!  WE NEED THIS! (I also included this is my giant territory control fix post)

How to Test if this idea will be fun without doing any programing

This next campaign map set it up differently.

Make a 7 island campaign 12 day campaign.

2 of the 6 islands put a moon temple portal on the edge of the map.  2 with a sun and 2 with an earth.

Make 1 of the moon islands Euro and 1 of the islands NA - Same with the sun and earths!

On the opposite end of each island put a portal to the very centre of the 7th island. (1 way in 1 way out)

Keeps

Put 3 keeps around the perimeter of each starter zone and put 3 Keeps around the perimeter of the middle island. (Or the new castle)

So we have 9 NA Keeps, 9 NA forts, 9 EU Keeps, 9 EU Forts, 3 middle keeps and 3 middle forts

Forts

Put 3 forts around the perimeter of the starter island in between each of the keeps.  Do the same on the middle island.

Siege Times (Times up for debate)

Make all the NA forts go live every day at 8 pm est.  Make all the keeps go live, last day of each season also at 8pm est.

Make all the EU forts go live every day at 8 pm gmt.  Make all the keeps go live, last day of each season also at 8pm est.

Make all the Middle forts go live every day at the middle time between est and gmt.  Make all the keeps go live, last day of each season also at the same time.

What will this do?

Any zergs will have trouble holding all the keeps. This is because to capture their 9th NA keep they will have to protect their first 8 NA keeps! :)

Same with forts.  Sure the zergs will be able to take most of the forts, but they will be forced to split their forces more, so they may only be able to hold 7 or 8 of them.

This will promote some smaller scale battles for forts, and allow some smaller alliances to own some stuff without having to fight 75% of the server.

Resources/War Camps

Closer to the keeps the parcels should have a better chance to be rank 6 or 7, and while you push to the middle of the zone they should be more likely to be rank 10's.  Same with warcamps, as the ones closer to the keeps should be level 23-24 while the ones in the middle should be level 30.

So during the day the less risk you take (Staying close to your keep) , the less reward.  You want those rank 10 nodes or level 30 monsters.  You go to the middle of your map!

If you are raiding other zone you launch from the middle zone.

You are appearing in the middle closer to the rank 10's and good mobs.  You could be looping the 3 zones looking for people and holding the centre portals on the middle map.  But do that for too long, and people will notice!

Edited by Sloppy

Hey Crows! 

Today, we changed the start times for Campaigns along with export numbers. We'd love to hear your feedback about those changes and campaigns in general (not referring to the suggestions for open sieges, or handshake sieges we received a lot of that feedback in our other thread),   We'd appreciate if you can take a few moments and answer the following questions.  

• EU Times are not that great, here are some suggestions:  You should make timers starting 2-3 hours later.  For me, you should remove Timers in general and find other systems.  

1. Well the whole campaign depents on these cards. I believe you should make them less important

• The only reason i like this is cause of the population atm. Other than that no, i dont want to stay that way

•  

1.   Free for all
  2.   Guild Size limitation to encourage new players
  3.   Full Loot 

• Small now, cause of population. So the game don't seem like running simulation

I play all the campaigns the past 3-4 months

Other Campaign feedback? 

We need more content for pvp, more people outside keep walls doing things , more small scale fights. Keeps and forts should not have siege windows imo, and let people manage times betrayals etc etc... I also find the balance problematic for many classes and specs being useless both in solo and large scale pvp. 

Thanks in advance for your feedback, we really do appreciate it.  Additionally, this is not a thread for discussion, let's keep it to feedback. Please feel free to create your own discussion though! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Crows! 

• The NA Times are perfect! (est timezone)

1. the cards are ok, but some missed ideas are happening.
  2. I would like to see cards that  push for more small scale combat (groups of 5) to many ppl sit afk in forts or temples because they do not want to ruin kill/death ratio. Lets see a card for taking 2 outposts in 10 mins , or a card for selling items from a vendor! or weekly cards for groups to do like kill a king , or a mega big boss and reward points for them!!!!

• combined - allows for more diverse playerbase.

• -

1. pangaea ! one castle- 2keeps- 8 forts- 16 outposts- 5 banks one map no gates -ALT-P is the only way to get to the temple!!!! /free city outside temple - same zone

• both have side effects . Big maps are better for small groups- Small maps are better for large groups. 

I am now!

Other Campaign feedback? 

I am liking gameplay so far! but that said  lets get weekly cards!!!! one card per week !!  keep players active - 

TO MANY TIME GATED ACTIVITIES!!!!!!!!! to many people log on for siege and log off, and still have a shot at winning ------ reward the active players with points and remove Kill/Death!!!!! its killing small pvp!!

Thanks in advance for your feedback, we really do appreciate it.  Additionally, this is not a thread for discussion, let's keep it to feedback. Please feel free to create your own discussion though! 

• ACE-Tiggs locked and unpinned this topic