Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Livestream 12/1/2020 Discussion, Feedback and Questions

ACE-Tiggs

35 minutes ago, AngryCatGirl said:

Seems like lots of people have legitimate concerns about the new progression system's grind. These are totally fair concerns, but let's remember that the RNG Discs is a temporary "band-aid" fix. 

It's not going to be the final system, just a place holder until they can get a new (and hopefully better!) progression system in place. I for one welcome the change, and look forward to the new progression system.

well, let announce the real system then or it's fake.

11 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

I'm not buying it. I've been on during siege hour when campaign population was at its highest and no one is 'controlling' any map. The big guilds move from fort to fort. They don't come across harvesters or roamers for the most part. They might while they travel, but that's just unlucky for the harvester / roamer.

No, those maps sit empty. They are more than large enough for small groups to go out and harvest/farm/capture and yet they don't.

It just doesn't benefit them at all. Why would they?

Incorrect. I AM part of a smaller guild, and the big guilds seemingly become so starved for PvP they roam to kill the solo's\small groups because that's all there is except for other big guilds which they avoid for some reason. You cannot farm, hence why we don't typically play on Dregs unless it's for something specific like searching disciplines.

We will run away from one big guild\alliance group fielding 20+ just to find another. The two will stay at distance from each other and not engage, unless it's for control of a fort. But they have no problem seeking us down for their quick KDR boost and "Get Gud" 's in Chat with the 25 vs 5 "battle".

Edited by fahrenheitM

2 minutes ago, AngryCatGirl said:

It's hard to announce a system if they haven't designed it yet.

well they already spoke about how the catchup mechanic will work for passives, so i hope they have more idea for the new mechanic ...

Edited by Aedius

Sorry, hit wrong button there. But this is exactly why, as a temporary thing, we need to get all the smaller guilds to get together and form one or two larger guilds that can compete with the large guilds  that already exist. Once that is done they can go out in groups of 20 into dregs and harvest and either wont be bothered by the big guilds, or will at least start to have a fighting chance.

1 minute ago, Aedius said:

well they already spoke about how the catchup mechanic will work for passives, so i hope they have more idea for the new mechanic ...

I hope we hear about it soon too!

I don't mind a grind, but I'd rather not spend ALL my time doing it.

2 minutes ago, Nikko said:

and form one or two larger guilds that can compete with the large guilds

I don't have a ton of time to play every day, and the thought of joining a larger (and more intense) guild is a little scary to me. Intimidating I guess?

Again, I don't know much, but if these temporary large guilds allowed for more casual players I bet more newbies would join.

Figured I should post a reply here, as it's something I have been talking about with friends in my guild.

I'm fine with the passive system being removed, but I am very much against what it has been replaced with. What initially sold me on this game was the crafting. That I could specialize in something and build up my own little corner of the market. While I recognize that there is a subset of the more hardcore population (usually organized guilds) that used multiple accounts to craft everything themselves, this didn't seem standard for the average player. The move to make crafting skill entirely dependent on gear/disciplines that can be traded kills that portion of it off, at least in my mind.

Maybe that works initially, but long term the market is going to end up saturated with disciplines that guilds got as a byproduct of crafting for their friends and guildmates. It becomes much, much easier for the average player to craft for themselves, and if it's easier then a larger portion of the player base is likely to do just that.

As someone who prefers to spend their online time crafting, that system doesn't appeal to me, and it certainly doesn't resemble the in-depth crafting system I thought I was buying into when I purchased the game. I can see why it's appealing to people who are only crafting to get to PvP, which is fine, this is ultimately a PvP game. I was just under the impression from the marketing that it was suppose to have more depth to the economy and crafting system, and moving crafting to disciplines and belts, with no sort of active specialization, feels like it takes a big step away from that. 

Edited by Sunarie

2 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

This is an example of the rationale for why I've been promoting instanced content you can queue for like the the stuff that Albion Online has.

There is a chicken and egg problem and a feedback loop with CF campaign population.

The campaign needs higher population to be fun. The campaign game loop needs to be fun to encourage higher population.

But overall, the game needs more concurrent player engagement in some form or fashion.

When the campaign has a low population, people thinking about logging in to the campaign see that, realize how hard they will have to work to find some fun, and then often choose to not log in - reinforcing the population drop. 

The opposite holds true. When beta release happened and there were like 500 people on, it was shocking and exciting to me and couldn't wait for the game to load.

-

Now, instanced content doesn't necessarily mean people will be engaging with the campaign, but it doesn't have to mean they can't. Albion Online hellgate 5v5 instances are accessed by portal spawns in the open world map. You often have to fight to gain the right to enter them. 

Between fort fights, maybe instead of logging off people go queue for a dungeon zone like a WoW Island Expedition, or go hunt down a portal to a Hellgate 5v5 PvP zone. People sure as hell don't seem interested in roaming around the campaign map as their only alternative, otherwise they wouldn't be logging off.

Why don't they want to roam? One reason is because they cannot be sure they will have any fun given the time they have available. 

If you have less than an hour to play, presently, logging into Crowfall is a low percentage chance option of finding something fun to do or experience.

Crowfall essentially has two game modes.

1. Roam and hope for the best.

2. Show up at siege timers.

Randomly spawning (location and time) content like loot drops that were worth fighting over would potentially be great for keeping people in campaign world.

Instanced content that you could queue for or at least enter a match making queue from a portal in game, would give something for people to engage with the game in general if they have less than an hour to play, or the time of day is low pop.

What he said x1000!!!

this game would benefit from a Albion Online esque hellgate style system. 

On 12/1/2020 at 11:36 AM, galvia said:

I think this is one the most valid criticisms of this upcoming system, and the game itself. Winning things in this game feels more like a relief than a victory. Being successful is not a reward in and of itself today. The rewards systems do help but I think there are more things to be done to keep people chasing the carrot so to speak.

The satisfaction you're looking for comes with completely annihilating other guilds, taking all their stuff, and hanging their leaders on the gallows.

I don't think a reward system can help with that.

3 hours ago, nihilsupernum said:

zmMlosi.png

Right now in campaign, there are 23 players across 3 temples, 1 free city, and 4 fairly large maps.

• At least some of those players are in my guild or alliance, so I can't fight with them.
  • Some of them are likely crafting, afk in temple/keep/city, or otherwise in a safe spot, so I can't fight with them.

So if we're down to say .. half of the original number - 12 players across 4 maps, how long am I going to have to roam before I find one? It probably takes 15m to fully scout a map with a swift mount.

If I do find some opponents, are we even going to fight? Are they just a gatherer that is going to stealth and run? Are they in a group of 5 and I'm just going to stealth and run?

I don't think larger maps is the answer to this problem. Ultimately, I think the population in the world is low because there is no reason to be out in the world doing things during non-siege hours.

The maps are already big enough. I could roam for 45 minutes and not find anyone. Trust me. I've done it. It sucks. The maps are absolutely full of wartribes not being farmed - of resource nodes not being harvested - of outposts not being captured. 

At this point, I'd welcome either some smaller maps, or a better incentive for players to actually play.

There is a reason why you would run into one of your members in the campaign atm...You are in the guild that is one of the main ***** guilds, so of course you do not see the problem with the smaller maps that can be controlled by the larger cucks. A larger map means guilds like yours can not control the small guys. Because at this moment, the campaign, of the small map that is soo "good" for this pop has 8 keeps 5 owned by the ***** alliance, and 3 larger guilds. Once you learn how not to be the ***** alliance then maybe a smaller map would do, but until then keep being part of the problem and try to convince ACE they are doing great by having the small maps. Because that worked so well when the cucks pushed all the new little guilds off the beta campaign and we went from 1000 on to 2-300.

***edit** dear god to the admin that took out my "naughty" words.. plz use something better than your substitute!!!    PLZ!!!!!!!!!

Edited by weaponsx

Artboardweps.png

1 hour ago, Sunarie said:

Figured I should post a reply here, as it's something I have been talking about with friends in my guild.

I'm fine with the passive system being removed, but I am very much against what it has been replaced with. What initially sold me on this game was the crafting. That I could specialize in something and build up my own little corner of the market. While I recognize that there is a subset of the more hardcore population (usually organized guilds) that used multiple accounts to craft everything themselves, this didn't seem standard for the average player. The move to make crafting skill entirely dependent on gear/disciplines that can be traded kills that portion of it off, at least in my mind.

Maybe that works initially, but long term the market is going to end up saturated with disciplines that guilds got as a byproduct of crafting for their friends and guildmates. It becomes much, much easier for the average player to craft for themselves, and if it's easier then a larger portion of the player base is likely to do just that.

As someone who prefers to spend their online time crafting, that system doesn't appeal to me, and it certainly doesn't resemble the in-depth crafting system I thought I was buying into when I purchased the game. I can see why it's appealing to people who are only crafting to get to PvP, which is fine, this is ultimately a PvP game. I was just under the impression from the marketing that it was suppose to have more depth to the economy and crafting system, and moving crafting to disciplines and belts, with no sort of active specialization, feels like it takes a big step away from that. 

Again, the RNG discs fall-out-of-nodes system is temporary. 

Hopefully ACE gets the new system up and running sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

I mean the beta was already released with some considerable deviations from the original pitch and core design anyways. Honestly I just don't think the passive system is even remotely close to being the main issue why the beta was so poorly received and the servers are so empty. 

You could totally be right. I think about this stuff a fair amount lately, more than I actually play the game TBH. 

What do you think is the main issue or issues as to why beta was (arguably) poorly received, and the servers are so empty? sincerely curious as to you POV Riku

1 hour ago, weaponsx said:

There is a reason why you would run into one of your members in the campaign atm...You are in the guild that is one of the main ***** guilds, so of course you do not see the problem with the smaller maps that can be controlled by the larger cucks. A larger map means guilds like yours can not control the small guys. Because at this moment, the campaign, of the small map that is soo "good" for this pop has 8 keeps 5 owned by the ***** alliance, and 3 larger guilds. Once you learn how not to be the ***** alliance then maybe a smaller map would do, but until then keep being part of the problem and try to convince ACE they are doing great by having the small maps. Because that worked so well when the cucks pushed all the new little guilds off the beta campaign and we went from 1000 on to 2-300.

***edit** dear god to the admin that took out my "naughty" words.. plz use something better than your substitute!!!    PLZ!!!!!!!!!

He mad

4 minutes ago, weaponsx said:

If the facts hurt.. .you might be a liberal.

You could do what any intelligent person would and make an alliance. UXA has 8 or so, MWH, has 5, Spectre Legion has 5, Corvus has to have at least 5; wow I've made you an alliance that has enough people to fight.

You're inability to work with other people is pathetic, and has caused a state of learned helplessness. But its ok snowflake, I respect and cherish your ability to pretend you're a tough guy. 

2 minutes ago, Zatch said:

You could do what any intelligent person would and make an alliance. UXA has 8 or so, MWH, has 5, Spectre Legion has 5, Corvus has to have at least 5; wow I've made you an alliance that has enough people to fight.

You're inability to work with other people is pathetic, and has caused a state of learned helplessness. But its ok snowflake, I respect and cherish your ability to pretend you're a tough guy. 

Not everyone likes to have to Snuggle up the whole server to protect pixels. It is ok to be scared of smaller more even fights, maybe you should change the alliance name to Pixel Protection, just call it PP for short.

Edited by weaponsx
Edit due to bah cover up of a naughty word apperently...

Artboardweps.png