Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crafting Progression Item Drop Rates 6.200

A thought on crafting souls.

What if every crafting profession had a way to craft there respective soul with a recipe for an exorbitant amount of resources that is easily obtainable for that profession. 
My idea would be have a crafting recipe called Blacksmith experimentation (Ill use blacksmithing version for resource cost)

This blacksmithing one will cost the following
- 5 stacks of 200 ore (so 1000 ore normally white or would be used here)
- 1 Dominion dust (So 4k gold)

This recipe will provide 1 guaranteed blacksmithing soul and 10 recipe skins (The racial scrolls you buy from the vendor for 500g)

Pros of this system
- It removes some frustrating RNG elements out of the crafting system
- It provides a cool way to acquire weapon skin scroll that isnt here a vendor you can buy them from
- It gives a resource sink to spend you white resources at
- Shouldn't be overly difficult to implement, only hard part i would say is the RNG recipe type

Cons
- Would need to add more skin recipes for professions so time to develop those new skins (Although that can wait till later since no rush on cosmetics)
- Some professions may miss out for example jewellery crafting and Alchemy cant realy get skins for anything they craft atm  (Necro could get more options in character creation when using those vessels like hairstyle, colours and so on)

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take a day off and have some fun Blair.  There is this new game getting worked on called Crowfall! Make up a nice untrained toon.  Log in. Get that toon ready. Go play for a bit. On a non dev

Sorry Blair, but the -whole- system felt too grindy and unneeded. Comments about the whole idea of having was -wasting- ressources to get these items was just really annoying and a general sense of :

Totally agreed. I would remove the resource cost penalty associated with not having discs/belts entirely. Making people pay double or triple to make inferior gear is awful.

maybe its time to delete stonemasonary at all.
It adds nothing to the powercurve/actual game and could be free accesable for everyone on an ek.
right now it just an additional pain/grindgate for jewelers.

this system is your worst idea ever.
resources are time players spent in game, my guild always tried to use our mats responsibly, 

now we get forced to waste them. 

GvTm2yj.gif

@thomasblairHere is another important factor to consider. With the passive skill trees If you had 2000 people on a server and 400 were going towards skinning, 400 logging, 400 quarrying, 400 mining, and 400 digging, then each of those 400 people were getting their skills from an infinite resource, time. Now each of them will be competing over animals to skin, rocks to hit, trees to chop etc. This could actually slow things down quite a bit. I think you would really need to look at how many resources you have on each map and increase them and put them into better clusters.

Stone and Ore are already clustered in places, but would need to be increased. It takes about 20 of each of these nodes to keep one player to have little or no downtime. Trees and animals are not clustered at all for the most part, trees are usually no more than 3 together and are spread pretty far apart. You would probably have to make these clusters each have 6-7 trees in them and make the clusters more numerous on the maps. Same goes for animals. Either that or you would need to increase the drop rates from them to compensate.

I have also notice a dramatic drop off on the amount of blood and bone dropping. Something else to look at.

19 hours ago, Kunter84 said:

maybe its time to delete stonemasonary at all.
It adds nothing to the powercurve/actual game and could be free accesable for everyone on an ek.
right now it just an additional pain/grindgate for jewelers.

this system is your worst idea ever.
resources are time players spent in game, my guild always tried to use our mats responsibly, 

now we get forced to waste them. 

If we get to upgrade keep walls and thing with crafted ones, where crafted one can have HP and defence and thing experimented with it be nice.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

This system makes us want to "waste mats" to get the discs. It might help if resource costs are lowered on recipes where you're not wearing a Belt/tool. The underlying problem right now is that some of the stuff we "need" like Chaos Ember Cutting Blades" and reduced resource costs that are gated behind these tools. Players "NEED" them to feel like they are not running on a mouse wheel.

I think the higher stats are enough on higher quality belts/discs. Tone down the penalties for wearing lower qualities, increase most of the drops (Runecrafting is fine the rest need large buffs) and we should be ready to rock.

6 minutes ago, Bzra said:

This system makes us want to "waste mats" to get the discs. It might help if resource costs are lowered on recipes where you're not wearing a Belt/tool. The underlying problem right now is that some of the stuff we "need" like Chaos Ember Cutting Blades" and reduced resource costs that are gated behind these tools. Players "NEED" them to feel like they are not running on a mouse wheel.

I think the higher stats are enough on higher quality belts/discs. Tone down the penalties for wearing lower qualities, increase most of the drops (Runecrafting is fine the rest need large buffs) and we should be ready to rock.

Totally agreed. I would remove the resource cost penalty associated with not having discs/belts entirely. Making people pay double or triple to make inferior gear is awful.

IhhQKY6.gif

On 6.2 I have gone through and tried acquiring disciplines for several crafts, here is my feedback: 
Alchemy and runecrafting: feel fine. I feel this way because I was able to make potions and tools to acquire the disciplines (something I could put to use.)
Necro: I decided there was not enough time to justify wasting materials on acquiring necromancy disciplines.
Blacksmith: I wanted to focus my time on acquiring blacksmithing disciplines before 6.3 releases in order to make some armor to carry over. My feedback: blacksmithing feels awful. To have to make dozens of pieces of gear that will just be sold to a vendor before being able to make any usable gear. That is usable is not fun. I still have not completed this grind yet, having made more than 30 advanced armor piece I have zero disciplines. My suggestions: increase the drop rate or allow for it to complete from sub pieces so it can be on par with other crafts. Another suggestion, allow for the belt slot to open from a green discipline(cutting the grind down to 1/3 the current barrier to entry before making anything useful.)

On 12/2/2020 at 9:16 PM, Silentsong said:

Reading the comments from others i feel im realy unluck.

Im a solo player (crafter none pvp )and harvest all the stuff myself. 

Runecraft took me about 100 tools. to get 3Knowledges (took forever to get the first1)

Also im at 50+ Advansed boots now (make 10X5 add boots) and only 1 Knowledge.

Only loggin only for the pasive exp not to max out. lost intrest of the game as it is now

Realy.... 

Did loggin yesterday to campain and did buy the 2Missing knowledge for leather and today i made my Blue Disc.

Got disconected and got patch 6.3.00.

All gone.... i know we are in beta but would be realy nice to have the 24kgold i did spent for the domination dust. 

Realy starting to feel this game. even in beta is gona be a waist of time for me.

I think a major part of it is the 30-60 items made for woodworking, blacksmith, leatherworking for procs feel like wasted items. How about yall buff these items so the are not a waste. If im grinding out items, it wouldnt feel so bad if people could actually use them and not be vendor trash. The crafted items need to feel useful from the start not just after you have grinded out the discs and belts.   Not to mention I hate the double resources. 

Edited by Darkstar412