Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Discipline system in Patch 6.3

Coiote

So passive training is gone and the habilites and farming stats will be moved to disciplines, as they said on the live stream.

They moved disciplines to loot table on resources, what has a good point that makes ppl actually go farming, insteand of only doing forts / pigs, but it has a negative (for me its a positive as well) point of increasing grinding, ppl seems to dislike it. Jtodd already said its a temporary solution until they came with a better idea.

So in this post, i will bring some ideas for where players can get those disciplines from.

- The main idea:
Crowfall lacks people actually going to the map and farming (i am talking about the campaing), this will lead to pvp that is the main reason for this game to exist. So, my ideas are generally thinking about that and making people go outside of safe zones and farm, so they can get stronger by crafting stuff and etc.

- Moving those disciplines to mini "raid bosses" that spawns over the map (like ancients and etc):

Moving them to ancients have some good consequences: when they spawn everyone receive a warning at event tab, so they can go there and fight for it. MORE PVP FOR EVERYONE (and for an objective, which is the best kind of pvp, fight for something).

But there is a detail here: ancients SHOULD NOT BE KIILLABLE by ANY single player, it should, ALWAYS, require a party to kill it.

But, hey, it has a problem: the snowball effect. Probably, only the stronger groups would be able to farm those raid bosses, leaving the alone players and smaller groups behind. So it cant be the only source of discipline.

- Make them craftable (the white version only and removing it from vendors):

Now everyone can be the crafter they want, nobody NEED to depend to any crafter to craft their stuff. That being said, those disciplines could be moved to runecrafting, the white version. It should require a good ammount of resources to craft (the miner should requires a good ammount of ores and so on) and they should also require some kind of stuff that ONLY comes by farming ores. This item should not be that easy and it could be linked with the discipline rarity, for example:

the white "thing" needed drops from ores rank 1 to 3;
the green "thing" drops from 4 and 5;
the blue from 6 to 7
purple from 8 to 9
legendary from 10 rank ore only

With that, they can calm down the progression and link it with the overall progression, since nobody will be able to farm a legendary miner discipline in gods reach. They will HAVE TO roam on the campaing, doing pvps and etc, in order to farm it.

Btw, i think it should be done with ALL disciplines, even white: they should be removed from vendors and a system like that would provide the disciplines.

I think that both sollutions could work together, if well balanced. Crowfall really needs to create reasons for players to actually play the game, instead of a kind of arena that only exist in siege times.

I like these ideas of a direct progression path (less RNG) and hooking in the Runecrafting line - it thematically makes sense.  I think that white disciplines should be available on the vendors, though, to help get things started.  It's just an easier way to get new players into the game when all the disciplines are up on a vendor to see.  Or make it available from both methods (craftable and purchasable from vendors) - options in this case are probably not a bad thing.

Another idea is this one:

Discipline droppers should be named and ranked, similar to what we have now: elite, captain, chief, king, herald.

Captain: Green, Chief: Blue, King: Purple, Herald: Orange.

Announce when spawned - "Chief Night Terror has been spotted in b18," etc. etc. etc.

Edited by McTan

in regards to harvesting and Crafting souls it would be a nice changed if they made it so campaign had double the drop rate of souls or something to promote farming in there over infected harvesting is easy enough (Make r7+ have higher drop rate and not have R7 in infected which i dont think it does anymore with 6.3 on test), for crafting though if an item made for equipment doesnt have an embargo tag on you get higher drop rate this one a little harder though cause im not sure what the embargo tag does in the back ground appart from making it have an icon on and any item crafted with keeps that icon

Veeshan Midst of UXA

I wouldn't mind seeing white disciplines purchasable from vendors then actually have crafting professions able to craft the higher tiers for other professions ie alchemy makes next tier for runemaking or armorsmithing makes the next tier for weaponsmithing. I feel like it could still bring people to work together to help bring up each others crafting or just make more alts and feed the extra character slot purchases XD

I do think this should only go to a certain tier and have the highest tier still an rng drop or something

On 12/2/2020 at 9:40 AM, Coiote said:

So passive training is gone and the habilites and farming stats will be moved to disciplines, as they said on the live stream.

They moved disciplines to loot table on resources, what has a good point that makes ppl actually go farming, insteand of only doing forts / pigs, but it has a negative (for me its a positive as well) point of increasing grinding, ppl seems to dislike it. Jtodd already said its a temporary solution until they came with a better idea.

So in this post, i will bring some ideas for where players can get those disciplines from.

- The main idea:
Crowfall lacks people actually going to the map and farming (i am talking about the campaing), this will lead to pvp that is the main reason for this game to exist. So, my ideas are generally thinking about that and making people go outside of safe zones and farm, so they can get stronger by crafting stuff and etc.

- Moving those disciplines to mini "raid bosses" that spawns over the map (like ancients and etc):

Moving them to ancients have some good consequences: when they spawn everyone receive a warning at event tab, so they can go there and fight for it. MORE PVP FOR EVERYONE (and for an objective, which is the best kind of pvp, fight for something).

But there is a detail here: ancients SHOULD NOT BE KIILLABLE by ANY single player, it should, ALWAYS, require a party to kill it.

But, hey, it has a problem: the snowball effect. Probably, only the stronger groups would be able to farm those raid bosses, leaving the alone players and smaller groups behind. So it cant be the only source of discipline.

I dislike this idea we have enough things shouting over events & toast messages letting the zerg know whats going on.  Anything thats going to take a group to down will be rolled by a group attempting to take.  You can already see a chief pretty much doing this and a king when you jump someone changes the whole dynamic of the fight & the force that was doing said mob usually loses.   The disciplines are sort of fine the way they are they just need to go back to making the regular souls drop the minors and let the majors stay the same or move to a token system.   I've gotten a lot more organic pvp with the current soul system and doesnt equal an auto loss for said person because they have a PVE mob ccing and damaging them with the player on top.