Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some specific concerns about the removal of passive training

1. By removing training from the account and moving it to the vessel, you have entirely undermined your entire "the crow is the character, inhabiting vessels" stance, which was one of the most unique elements to the game.  Now, the only purpose the concept of eternal crows has is to justify the death and respawn mechanic.
  2. There were a number of traits in the passive tree (specifically in exploration basics) that were pretty universal and wouldn't be well-served by moving them to disciplines.  The increased bandaging, pack pig speed, mount speed, reduced food consumption, etc.  What will happen to those advancements?
  3. Advanced harvesting tools on epic discs? WTF?  You really expect us to use intermediate tools through the white, green, and blue progression tiers?
  4. The RNG grind you're introducing for 6.300 sounds utterly terrible in multiple respects: 
  • Large guilds will be able to concentrate dropped disciplines into specific vessels to twink guild crafters and harvesters to endgame levels far faster than small guilds will.  This is a huge power increase for Uncle Bob.
  • It will take ridiculous amounts of resources to get a harvesting belt to legendary, yet in your images, they've got 1000 durability.  Losing that to being repeatedly ganked whilst harvesting would feel awful
  • It takes ridiculous amounts of resources to advance all the things.  With no limit to the amount of progression one can do in a day, there will be a significant pressure to rush through this as fast as possible, and there will be a massive difference between casual players and hardcore players in terms of raw power in pretty short order.

I am actually pretty pleased at the prospect of being able to consolidate accounts - 12 is way too many, but it felt necessary for self-sufficiency with the passive training system.  I will drop to playing 3 accounts with the new system.  But that's really the only benefit I see. 

PLEASE give us an idea of what you're bringing in to replace the initial RNG grind for 6.300, because that grind is going to make grown men cry.  It cannot be what people think the long term progression is going to be or you'll never hit a critical mass of players.

If you don't wipe with 6.3, then you'll not know the progression curve for the grind system.  Which is fine if that's not going to be the progression system long-term.   But then you'll have to wipe when you introduce the real progression system that you intend for release.   And there's no way I'm going to go through the massive 6.300 grind to see all that work (not fun, work) go away when you introduce the real system.   Why not just hold off on 6.3 until you introduce the real long term progression system?

5 hours ago, Durenthal said:
  1. By removing training from the account and moving it to the vessel, you have entirely undermined your entire "the crow is the character, inhabiting vessels" stance, which was one of the most unique elements to the game.  Now, the only purpose the concept of eternal crows has is to justify the death and respawn mechanic. lore should always be sacrificed for the sake of game mechanics
  • Large guilds will be able to concentrate dropped disciplines into specific vessels to twink guild crafters and harvesters to endgame levels far faster than small guilds will.  This is a huge power increase for Uncle Bob. thats not what uncle bob is, being able to grow faster is just playing better
  • It will take ridiculous amounts of resources to get a harvesting belt to legendary, yet in your images, they've got 1000 durability.  Losing that to being repeatedly ganked whilst harvesting would feel awful guards are a frequently used concept for good guilds
  • It takes ridiculous amounts of resources to advance all the things.  With no limit to the amount of progression one can do in a day, there will be a significant pressure to rush through this as fast as possible, and there will be a massive difference between casual players and hardcore players in terms of raw power in pretty short order. there is in every game, hardcore guilds will be in tournament and dregs cws while worse guilds will be in factions, i dont see a problem here

hoayaga2.jpg

On 12/3/2020 at 6:03 PM, Staff said:
  1. By removing training from the account and moving it to the vessel, you have entirely undermined your entire "the crow is the character, inhabiting vessels" stance, which was one of the most unique elements to the game.  Now, the only purpose the concept of eternal crows has is to justify the death and respawn mechanic. lore should always be sacrificed for the sake of game mechanics
  • Large guilds will be able to concentrate dropped disciplines into specific vessels to twink guild crafters and harvesters to endgame levels far faster than small guilds will.  This is a huge power increase for Uncle Bob. thats not what uncle bob is, being able to grow faster is just playing better
  • It will take ridiculous amounts of resources to get a harvesting belt to legendary, yet in your images, they've got 1000 durability.  Losing that to being repeatedly ganked whilst harvesting would feel awful guards are a frequently used concept for good guilds
  • It takes ridiculous amounts of resources to advance all the things.  With no limit to the amount of progression one can do in a day, there will be a significant pressure to rush through this as fast as possible, and there will be a massive difference between casual players and hardcore players in terms of raw power in pretty short order. there is in every game, hardcore guilds will be in tournament and dregs cws while worse guilds will be in factions, i dont see a problem here

Look, I don't disagree that the passive training system was god awful.  It simply had too much power invested into a system which only relied on well time and the number of accounts you had.  However, this game also needs a permanent crow specific skill system, one based solely on equipment is severely limiting because durability it a gripe in this game and your character once 30 loses all sense of progression.  Also, this makes one race/class for every profession so much more prevalent since there is no way to play catchup anymore.  I'm not a big fan of grinding but skills is something I feel should, as in life, be a slog to attain or it's not appreciated.

Uncle Bob, is a term meant for the inability for any other players or group of players to bridge the gap once one team/guild has a firm grasp of the pole position.  Since no one can challenge them the other groups lose interest over time and then the game/campaign dies.  Certainly larger guilds like Winterblades will certainly have an advantage of hogging thrall spawn areas and getting their crafters up to speed sooner.   Though you could argue that hogging resources is also along the same lines in terms of comparison.   However, having your ability based on drops alone allows one guild the corner the market more easily,   I prefer a combination of skill grind/resource gathering and RNG.

The guards concept while certainly viable you are excluding a large population of players who due to their schedules/style or simple lack of interpersonal skills prefer to play and gather solo.  Plus, there are often times you just want to log on and do 10mins of mining before heading out with the family for a meal (fat chance during COVID right now but I digress).   Therefore guards are simply not an option.  Just make these items like runes not affected by durability.

In terms of tiers, I'm a big fan of spitting the system up based on the power level of your character.  Whether this based on the color of your vessel, equipment, skills, pvp rating or a combination of there of.   Separation of the wheat from the chaff will be a huge determining factor on the viability of this game.  No one wasn't be insta-gibbed on a constant basis.  while runes will certainly be a part of this system it's unsure how much it should be factored in since we all have access to the white ones orginally.  Whille 300 hps here and 5% crit is nice there, there should be a contribution but not all stats should exist in the equipment.  Alot of it should exist in the base toon itself.

RIP CRAFTING freedom. Why should those who loved to craft all disciplines now be constrained to one or two. The crafting access system by virtue of passives was awesome. Now CROWFALL has become a COOKIE CUTTER MMO.

on topic of 3 it should only take 2-3 hours of harvesting if you have average RNG to hit purple disc. Guildie already has legendary harvesting disciplines after 1 day.
as for number 4 i would much rather see every X tharvesting node or every X crafts u get a soul to get rid of the RNG and u know roughtly where u stand on getting disapline and u know every craft/node is one step closer to the disapline.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA