Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andius

What Do You Think The Sub-Archetypes For Confesser Will Be?

Both the text and the visual image of the Confessor bear a strong resemblance to Shadowbane's version of the same class. SB's Confessor was a promotion class from Healer which added a bunch of DOTs (mostly fire, some poison) and nukes, as well as some interesting utility and some melee skills. So, we may see the confessor as both a fire-oriented nuker and some healing support.

Lorewise, the SB Confessors were very much along the lines Andius is speculating: the Temple of the Cleansing Flame was a violent and twisted schism from  the Church of the All-Father. They claimed to be inspired by the Archon of Fire, Uvoriel, who later turned out to be the same being as Khalikryst, the malevolent sun-goddess born when the Dragon's flames lit the golden moon on fire. The story's a little more complicated than that but short version: be very suspicious of the Confessors.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I'm still not completely sure if it's just supposed to be lore flavor for a flame mage or there'll be more to it (I hope so!). It's more of an interesting take on the priest archetype. 

I suspect the specializations will go either the burst, in-your-face DPS priest that will work on eradicating the infidels and the more sadist, slow killing, DoT-based with some sort of CC priest (I'm thinking Inquisition here).

LW_sig_concept5.jpg

Through the Hunger and Darkness, might our Light shine through...

- (Future) Character name: Ydriel -

Really hoping on that inquisitor subclass now. With confirmations of werewolves my attention has been diverted from playing a Centuar to playing a race that can go werewolf (I doubt centuars will be one). Ranger is the top candidate so far but if we get confirmation of a stealthy inquisitor and it's build works well as a bounty hunter / werewolf then that may be my class of choice. :D

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

I think it's possible that the confessor could have a promotion class that gives proficiency with a sword. Get in there and strike down the sinners with steel and flame.

Nah, screw swords, I'll fight them with a branding iron! (way more badass).

Seriously though, as a third spec, something based off witch hunters from Warhammer might just be awesome! A sword and a torch, all you'll need to fight the unholy and the unpurged.

LW_sig_concept5.jpg

I think since this class is rated as a ranged dps class in its base I will get exactly what I want. A flaming herald that praises their god as the flawed world burns down around everyone else's ears. Also I sell stuff on the side.

Id like to see a class that switches up the playstyle of the confessor.

Making him/her male dmg.Something like using flame with fists or gauntlets.

I mean seriously,no mmorpg has this kind of "Mage" class.

Edited by StiviRibar

Nah, screw swords, I'll fight them with a branding iron! (way more badass).

Seriously though, as a third spec, something based off witch hunters from Warhammer might just be awesome! A sword and a torch, all you'll need to fight the unholy and the unpurged.

I definately feel like the Paladin Class should be a blunt weapon type thing...maybe a Mace of Hammer?

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity"

EgoBanner2.gif

www.YouTube.com/Egoxeno

The Hunger...

I don't know if anyone else noticed but I saw the term "hunger resistance" in one of the many example character example screens. This makes me wonder if our characters can become tainted.

This could be the source of the big difference between the Confessor and Frostweaver.

The Frostweaver embraces the Hunger and it's corruption for its power.

The Confessor rejects the Hunger and their ability to hurt might be improved by their target's taint with the Hunger. This could include a special talent for killing vampires which would presumably be very tainted.

Ooooo... Fire then ice then fire then ice etc could be a very deadly combo of burning out your hunger taint then infecting you then burning it out etc.

Food for thought,

Copperstall

Edited by CopperStall

The Hunger...

I don't know if anyone else noticed but I saw the term "hunger resistance" in one of the many example character example screens. This makes me wonder if our characters can become tainted.

This could be the source of the big difference between the Confessor and Frostweaver.

The Confessor rejects the Hunger and their ability to hurt might be improved by their target's taint with the Hunger. This could include a special talent for killing vampires which would presumably be very tainted.

Ooooo... Fire then ice then fire then ice etc could be a very deadly combo of burning out your hunger taint then infecting you then burning it out etc.

Food for thought,

Copperstall

Building on that, perhaps the debuffs on certain characters will effect a character less or more depending on whether they embrace or deny the Hunger. A character who's debuff is a Light affects a character who like the Fristweaver that you think is aligned with the Hunger would be affected more than say a Confessor with Light tendencies. Edited by dinoninja777

Clanless. Wanting somewhere to play CF, Smite, and other games for fun and competitively. Steam: dinoninja777 Smite: dinoninja777

Looking to learn "more traditional" MOBAs.

Friend me here if interested!

The Hunger...

Food for thought,

Copperstall

Ice and Fire eh? Man, if only there was some kind of iconic book series that this game was loosely using for a lore base that had anything to do with this. Oh well, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

The Hunger...

Food for thought,

Copperstall

A bit of an offshot, for sure, but seems it'd make for some really great gameplay! Also, it'd give more meaning to the concept of The Hunger in the game world, rather than just a device for us to go to campaigns.

I'd definitely feel cooler if I actually had a chance to manhandle infected vampires, for sure!

Edited by aChris07

LW_sig_concept5.jpg

The Hunger...

Food for thought,

Copperstall

I like the idea of The Hunger maybe corrupting your character over time, but i do believe that the "hunger resistence" seen in the screens refers to physical hunger (food, drink, etc.) as this has already been noted as a game mechanic

"This is no place for the noble or young, born with the taste of blood on our tongues"

3 years SWTOR - 7 years LOTRO - Beta tester ESO - 4 years WoW - Beta tester RIFT

6TfiDku.gif

I've just finished reading " The First Law " series by Joe Abercrombie. 

Sand dan Glotka, Inquisitor.

Yea - that's a confessor   

Immediately thought of Kahlan Amnell from the Sword of Truth series when I saw Confessor was going to be a playable class.

Regardless of what a Confessor is in the religious standpoint, I feel that Ieiloni probably has the best description for what this class may be.  I always imagine a Confessor to be more of a support type but also the potential for offensive capabilities.  Similar to the Confessor from Shadowbane like Jihan said.

Aside from that, I imagine (personally) that paths from the Confessor would be stuff like an Inquisitor, Witch Hunter, Demon Hunter, those kinds of potential offshoots.

Perhaps branching off to a dps/support (Inquisitor) or to a rogue/dps (Witch/Demon Hunter).  Who is to say though, it's all in the eye of the beholder and what the designers plan for it :) .  Im just excited to play one cause Confessor is always a BA title :P .

Edited by ValGOW

I'd love to see a melee focused sub-archetype for the Confessor. Someone that uses their fists and fire magic to fight. I'm really thinking someone like Natsu from Fairy Tail. Use fire to get more force behind a punch, have a mid range fire attack or two like his breath attack, and possibly even fly short distances projecting flames from your feet! 

I'd love to see a melee focused sub-archetype for the Confessor. Someone that uses their fists and fire magic to fight. I'm really thinking someone like Natsu from Fairy Tail. Use fire to get more force behind a punch, have a mid range fire attack or two like his breath attack, and possibly even fly short distances projecting flames from your feet! 

Really liking this idea. Makes me think of some kind of warrior monk, given that the Confessor seems to have religious tie-ins. How likely do you think it is that a mage class like this could go down a melee route, though?

Really liking this idea. Makes me think of some kind of warrior monk, given that the Confessor seems to have religious tie-ins. How likely do you think it is that a mage class like this could go down a melee route, though?

I don't think it's that unlikely. We can make custom armour, so it may be possible to make plate that gives magic bonuses. They probably just won't be quite as good as robes.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

If you only knew...

In Shadowbane, the lore behind the confessor class is to purify othes souls from sin (in this case the evil infection that is the hunger) through the purification of the flesh.

They burned heresy, poisoned the flesh and drained health from the unbelievers.

These were not nice zealots.

They also had debuffs and snares strip effects from players (both good and bad) and were quite self sufficient with the ability to convert health to mana and be able to heal themselves

Edited by kargrym

CF_Karg.png