Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A PVP game made for carebears

Crowfall is supposed to be a PVP oriented game.

But everything is too easy.

Wanna craft an item that will least for months? Ok, do some pigs and you are ok. You gotta send it to the caravansary? Ok, you have one full protected in your keep. They will drop a blue ingot that you cost you only 30 dusts and give you 125 resources, thats is enough.

But you want to refine it? Ok, go get that mobile bank and do it almost risk free.

You dont need to break one single node and you will have a blue gear. No breaking node = no roaming map, no partys farming, no partys fighting for spots. They just run pigs, they just get forts.

Now you have an item that will least for months and you just need to log in on the sieges now.

Need gold? Ok, just farm some mobs at wartribes, since there is almost nobody doing nothing at the maps (cause they dont have to) and you will make all the gold you need.

Now take a look at one of the most famous mmo´s: Lineage 2.

Want an item? you gotta craft it. You gotta farm a recipe that is hard to drop, you gotta farm resources that drops in low quantity, and every recipe and resources you need are in PVP zones, you NEED to defend a spot in order to farm those. 

Oh, now you have 24/7 pvp, now you have thousands of players playing this game.

There is a lot of other contents that makes ppl NEED to play the game, just pointing the most important of it.

Crowfall has 200 players, for a pvp game, its not doing well, and the lack of REASONS for pvp is one of the main reason. PVP, to be funny, needs to be for a real objective, that you and your mates really needs.

There is nobody fighting for outposts, they are useless.
There is nobody fighting for farming spots on the map, cause nobody need it.

Make Crowfall less carebear and more risky, things needs to be risky and hard.

100% accurate. I like the idea of putting all crafting recipes on mobs, even better if they're on Chief and Kings for anything higher than an uncommon recipe. 

I like the forts, though I would like to increase the window to 3-4 hours with all forts going live at the same time, and to capture the fort you have to hold it for 30 consecutive minutes. 

No more infected farming, no more GR farming. Get the murder hobos in game fighting to secure spawns and loot, so they can support the crafters. 

I truly don't mean any harm, but I fully mean the disrespect. 

On 12/4/2020 at 1:28 PM, EvilGhandi said:

I like the forts, though I would like to increase the window to 3-4 hours with all forts going live at the same time, and to capture the fort you have to hold it for 30 consecutive minutes. 

I would like to build on that and say you only get a mat payout after a successful cap, as in past the timer as a reward for the cap and thats it . Want another payout have a successful defense and get that one time payout again.  not sure the increased window would work for the one time payout though but you could have it go live 3 times or however many a day with a shorter window. 

Edited by Darkstar412

On 12/4/2020 at 12:18 PM, MrErad said:

Yep forts are the worst thing to happen to the game so far.

Outpost chests are coming in 6.3.... so maybe forts is not the worst what happened to this game.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

21 minutes ago, SAM_BUKA said:

Outpost chests are coming in 6.3.... so maybe forts is not the worst what happened to this game.

Yeah great fighting over more chests. Where is tech to apply the buffs to a zone like how trailblazers appears because of roads.   You know stuff to incentivize the harvesters or a buff that improves mob drops from sound tile . Maybe leave the chest for the combat characters.    If the stuff on test in the chest is any indicator of what will be in them I dont want them even if they are place holder items.  Right now the place holders seem to indicate the chests will be able to drop up to blue items too with resources.   "Throne War Simulator" Yet we're fighting over the contents of a chest not the territories themselves.  Maybe if we're lucky they will put them on timers too 🙄

Siege timers are the worst thing that has happened, it's resulted in the death of open world pvp outside of stealth games. Then again siege timers were a player demanded thing as have been alot of implemented changes that were detrimental to the game. Players are selfish, things they want always come from a base of what would make my gaming easier or what would benefit my guild more.

It's never about the health of the game when it comes to player driven "changes".

9 minutes ago, Grivyn said:

Siege timers are the worst thing that has happened, it's resulted in the death of open world pvp outside of stealth games. Then again siege timers were a player demanded thing as have been alot of implemented changes that were detrimental to the game. Players are selfish, things they want always come from a base of what would make my gaming easier or what would benefit my guild more.

It's never about the health of the game when it comes to player driven "changes".

Are you suggesting we should build keeps and then lose them while we sleep?

IhhQKY6.gif

2 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

Chests are great. chests suck. Forts are great. forts sucks. Passive training is great. passive training sucks.

I occurred to me that making Crowfall must suck as a developer.

You are saying this as if there are 50/50 splits on those opinions. There most definitely are not.

Edited by McTan

2 hours ago, Grivyn said:

Players almost ALWAYS ask for things that they want RIGHT Fing NOW, even if it's bad for the game long term.

Devs DO need to listen to player requests but have the wisdom to focus on features that are good for the long term of the game and say no to the short term good but long term bad requests.

Mac

8 hours ago, McTan said:

You are saying this as if there are 50/50 splits on those opinions. There most definitely are not.

Looked to me as if I was saying that people have differing opinions on core game features, that are polar opposites.

Why you got to be straw manning me. You're better than that McTan. 

11 hours ago, Jah said:

Are you suggesting we should build keeps and then lose them while we sleep?

No, i'm saying it should have been handled the same as SB did with handshake sieges, you want to siege to pay 75k per bane to put down and defenders choose the 1hr window within the server 3-4 hr primetime for the siege. Cant afford 225k? Siege with 1 or 2 banes instead of 3. Sieging should be a big deal, not the funneled process we have now.

Timers were a knee jerk reaction to guilds bitching that their forts which acted as the keeps of today which had crap guards and walls being solo capped overnight when the game had a population in double digits at peak.

11 hours ago, MrErad said:

Yeah great fighting over more chests. Where is tech to apply the buffs to a zone like how trailblazers appears because of roads.   You know stuff to incentivize the harvesters or a buff that improves mob drops from sound tile . Maybe leave the chest for the combat characters.    If the stuff on test in the chest is any indicator of what will be in them I dont want them even if they are place holder items.  Right now the place holders seem to indicate the chests will be able to drop up to blue items too with resources.   "Throne War Simulator" Yet we're fighting over the contents of a chest not the territories themselves.  Maybe if we're lucky they will put them on timers too 🙄

We'll wait for another 5 years for JTodd to realize that loot chests suck, as well.

loot.jpg

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

I have no problem with outpost chests as long as they aren't flooding the economy with materials.  I want people to have stuff on them when we kill them.  I would like them even more if they replace gold and dust forts, giving the two major economic currencies a more varied distribution than the fort system was doing.

On 12/8/2020 at 3:07 PM, neven said:

I would like them even more if they replace gold and dust forts, giving the two major economic currencies a more varied distribution than the fort system was doing.

I agree with that - remove the dust and gold from Forts and move it to the Outpost chests instead.

tiPrpwh.png