Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Case for Removing Mobile Banking

Ruq

2 hours ago, EvilGhandi said:

I understand that sentiment, this is a PVP game though. 

What's wrong with PVP? I've been waiting for PVP this campaign all the time but none ever came to siege any of our Keeps, even the one we never upgraded. Where is the glorious Undead Legion?

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

please for the love of god remove it.

Its dumb ohh i need to refine resources wander over to refiner drop bank pull stuff out refine put back in bank (Or recall)

Going out harvesting for minerals pop potion drop bank 10 minutes (or less) bank then go for the next 10 mins other person drops bank and so on. Dumb system that bank upgrades need to be changed to maybe like 10% more gold from mobs kills and so on.

I like how they were like its a trade off you might want a different building, like yes i dont want a bank in my keep that my guild lives out of that sounds perfect 😛

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Mobil bank is not a free buff, is something u have to BUILD after conquest a keep, thats not strategic thinking?
if you dont like it sietge that faction keep and destroy their buildings.

anyway a guy can loot a fort and use recall and save all stuff so the arguments here looks low IMO.

lets talk about risk vs reward. u want to gank ppl full piñata mode, ur reward will be TOP, where is your risk as a ganker?

can't support this srry.

13 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Mobile banking is stupid.

No need to sugar coat it bro. It's WAY BEYOND just being stupid. It removes all risk from being looted.

macdeath_sig.png

4 hours ago, Carausius said:

Mobil bank is not a free buff, is something u have to BUILD after conquest a keep, thats not strategic thinking?

anyway a guy can loot a fort and use recall and save all stuff so the arguments here looks low IMO.

lets talk about risk vs reward. u want to gank ppl full piñata mode, ur reward will be TOP, where is your risk as a ganker?

can't support this srry.

here a thing it promotes zergs again cause atm all the zergs are allied up with seige packs so no one else realy gets a keep on these small maps. Also bank isnt an optional building everyone always gonna build it unlike buff from crafting benches where you can only choose half of them.
Mobile banking sits on the uncle bob scenario where they can farm with minimal risk compared to everyone else so people with power gets more power welcome to capalism :D

Can refine material with practically 0 risk aswell since u pull them out the bank at the refinery and then pop tham back in within 10 seconds

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

9 hours ago, Carausius said:

can't support this srry.

Point 1: There is a lot to break down here. First, there are broader discussions about Keep building balancing and the need for the introduction of variety and choice in building structures. There is 0 strategic thinking to the current keep building construction gameplay loop. So no, I drastically disagree with this point.

Point 1a: Have you sieged a keep recently? The current balance of siege versus keep defenses heavily weighs in the favor of the defender, so if your solution to this problem is simply to "go kill that building" then it seems you haven't played in quite a while. Further, with the current costs of buildings, it would be rebuilt within hours, if not minutes. This is not a solution to this problem.

Point 2: Agreed! I advocate for banning all recalling from Campaign Worlds. You cannot use another problematic feature as an excuse for why we shouldn't remove this problematic feature.

Point 3: Exactly. This is one of the reasons I am advocating for these types of changes. It will require players to create caravans and protection squads for their fort looting and other economic activities (at least more so than they need to now). If you are specifically quoting the issues with stealther balancing, again we can have that discussion in another thread -- but, again, you cannot use one problematic feature to dispel the argument for fixing this problematic feature.

1KJChGN.png Dissentient

Just stop. Removing mobile banking wont happen without adding a non-lootable cash shop bag to hold resources. If you think ACE is going to upset PvE grinders you are sadly mistaken, the trend for this game has been towards PvE for 2 years now.

I don’t get it. We went through the God’s campaigns with any where banking being told “don’t worry being able to bank anywhere any time is being removed.” 

Yet it never was it was just simply made a perk for owning a keep. The mobile banking buff needs to be removed as was promised.

I'm conflicted about some of the statements you've made, generally I agree with your main post.

Mobile banking does not improve gameplay, it removes risk for the people with a keep. I get that some people might find that to be an improvement since its quality of life. But removing risk has rarely been something ACE has been pushing in the past. Even as someone who rarely has a keep, I dont find it particularly difficult to secure loot, because banks are common enough around the world map. Then there's runegates to temples too which gives certain campaign layouts even more accessibility to the banks. 

The one thing that I dont fully agree with is the removal of recalling from campaign. I get that it also removes risk because you can "simply recall". Having done plenty of harvesting its penalizing enough to have a cooldown on it while being out farming resources and doing any extended period of farming and consistenly using the Recall still leaves you exposed.
I also find the recall to provide mobility and organizational uses for guilds, especially smaller guilds that dont have the benefit of "owning" certain maps due to their alliance/guild size. So that they can easily group up within faction temple before heading out and attempting to contest PoI's. As the downside would be an organizational mess of having to wait for 5-10+ people to run to your spot so that you can start and event on time. Real life is a thing for everyone, despite being in lockdown for most locations. So I wouldnt want to remove a tool that simplifies grouping up.

So for recalling, I'd either like to suggesting drastically increasing the Cooldown, Would still let people get away with whatever things they have, but if you're outnumbered and manage to skillfully sneak in a recall before whatever Zerg is roaming your parcel gets to you. I dont see a major issue with it, but it shouldnt be a thing you can easily rely on while farming. Double its cooldown or double its casting time would change the way its being used quite a bit I'd imagine. Because half an hour without a recall would make harvesters have to run to banks more frequently or they'd not be able to spend as much time harvesting due to fear of losing their stuff.

Another suggestion if you're still that strongly opposed to letting Recall be in the game, would you find it more acceptable if recalling spawned a cairn where you recalled with your stuff on it? Im worried this would cause potentially more problems when/if it gets implemented. But it's another way of dealing with risk/reward inside of dregs without just removing mechanics.

Thank you for reading,
//CptTryhard

Edited by CptTryhard
I cant do forum posts properly, edit for proper phrasing