Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do not wipe exotic disciplines for 6.3

It seems like the script is wiping exploration discs, please make sure exotics don't get wiped.

1. They're a pain in the ass to get

2. From my understanding nothing on those is changing.

So it doesn't seem necessary. This will just make us pre farm minerals/gems. I think full wipe would be better anyway to test the full loop, but if this RNG method isn't gonna stay then there's no reason to test it.

@jtoddcoleman@thomasblair

I think they shouldnt have said this was a stopgap. That implies this will only stay around for a week or that by next build they will have come up with this amazing idea that everyone will love. There is a reason they are going with it: They couldnt think of anything better.

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying they are lying or that it wont change. But people gotta stop brushing this RNG thing off. "Oh, it is just a stopgap." or "if this RNG method isn't gonna stay then there's no reason to test it".

Chances are this thing is gonna stay. If not forever then for a while.

Either way people should be working on getting it perfect. To make it work so damn well we dont need to come up with some theoric replacement.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, trylle said:

people should maybe stop min/maxxing in a a beta - just a thought :)

I think it is a bad thought.  If nobody tested the game to its extremes (i.e. min/max) then ACE would have no feedback on the limits of their systems.  It is in fact a good thing many testers play the beta as if the game was already released, because then ACE gets data that matches how players will play after the game is released.

And it is totally fine if you don't want to test the game that way, but in no way should we tell others that it is inappropriate for them to play the beta real serious.  ACE needs feedback from all types of players.

21 hours ago, Stasy said:

I think it is a bad thought.  If nobody tested the game to its extremes (i.e. min/max) then ACE would have no feedback on the limits of their systems.  It is in fact a good thing many testers play the beta as if the game was already released, because then ACE gets data that matches how players will play after the game is released.

And it is totally fine if you don't want to test the game that way, but in no way should we tell others that it is inappropriate for them to play the beta real serious.  ACE needs feedback from all types of players.

I agree ofc ppl can min/max if they want to - but as its a beta I think its pathetic to whine about a wipe on progression in a beta...

1 hour ago, trylle said:

I agree ofc ppl can min/max if they want to - but as its a beta I think its pathetic to whine about a wipe on progression in a beta...

It's not a matter of min/maxing its a matter of grinding to get those disciplines. Nothing was changed on those in 6.3 so it was pointless to wipe them

3 hours ago, yianni said:

It's not a matter of min/maxing its a matter of grinding to get those disciplines. Nothing was changed on those in 6.3 so it was pointless to wipe them

Blair want's a clean slate for 6.4 so he knows he can trust the data,

Mac

That's true Gryvin, and I understand that it can feel bad for people who've done a ton of grinding this patch (I have too, though not to the same extent as crafters or some more dedicated gatherers) but in terms of both people wanting to be at the top level of competition come the new patch and in terms of playtesting accuracy, a migration to Test would be a good thing for the launch state quality of the game. ACE is trying to bet on having a more solid base product at launch over the sense of progression of current players/backers. It's a decision that makes a lot of sense for them from my perspective, even if it isn't guaranteed and definitely hits certain members of the playerbase with the poorly made dergs end of the stick. I'll be on Test when the patch hits if you want to join in.

5 hours ago, Gryvin said:

If anything, this wipe will just encourage the min/max crowd to play exclusively on the test server rather then live.

Perhaps for a short time, but eventually ACE will have to wipe test for update or take it down. Live 'should' stay wipe free or partially free, until closer to launch. 

3 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Perhaps for a short time, but eventually ACE will have to wipe test for update or take it down. Live 'should' stay wipe free or partially free, until closer to launch. 

Exactly, given that the min/max can get free resources on test means it doesn't matter how many more wipes come between now and softlaunch you wont have to go through the horrid rng grind in order to perfect your build/crafter/harvester

7 minutes ago, Gryvin said:

Exactly, given that the min/max can get free resources on test means it doesn't matter how many more wipes come between now and softlaunch you wont have to go through the horrid rng grind in order to perfect your build/crafter/harvester

People do not tend to play on test after a wipe. The unlimited resources makes competing there seem a bit pointless. There is nothing to fight over.

IhhQKY6.gif

So u guys dont find the game fun? Why do u play games?

I just play the game to have fun and for me thats pvp with a risk/reward system but on EU ppl only seem to play in infected unless they are uber decked with gear. So if this mentality does not change but will be even worse at live - then the game is doomed for without an active playerbase out in the world having fun then games like this will die fast!!