Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stonemasonry and resource requirements for making EK stuff

koregen

The resource requirement numbers are so out to lunch it's completely laughable.

So let's say you want to build a cottage.

Just 1 of the 6 main components to accomplish this is building 8 Architectural walls.

To build 8 architectural walls you will need 8 nails(480 ore), 16 bricks(1200 stone), 32 frames(38,400 ore, 25,600 wood).

Keep in mind this is just 1 of the components, you still need to make foundation segments, architectural arches and roof segments.

I'm pretty sure anyone that attempts to build a basic cottage will die of old age before he gathers enough resources to actually finish it.

Cottage? After a week or so of just trying to make one tiny empty parcel, my kid and I were like F this noise. 

Cue the "It's supposed to be a guild effort" dude.  I look forward to seeing the guild ad for that clan. All the other clans'll be like "Progression guild, PVP focused w/ forums and clan discord. Our goal is NONSTOP PVP anywhere we can find it"  and like  "ARAC PVP guild recruiting - no caravans, no grind - Kill, loot, conquer, and celebrate. 24/7"  and then there's that clan: 

"Dream of being a dirt farmer? Ever wish you could pay a monthly fee to just hold your left mouse button down for hours on end? Have you ever wondered how much hogwash you are willing to wade thru just to make a wooden platform for an NPC vendor? Well, toss back a few Adderall, snort a few lines, and get ready for the all-nighters you've been waiting for.  Our clan started in Lineage ][, 17 years ago, and we finally maxed our characters there. Now we're ready for an even bigger challenge, and Crowfall has it in spades in Stonemasonry! Join us - you will not be disappoint!"

Wast here system to try and make white resources useful since people were just deleting them or was not being used at all, before the fort system people would harvest for there blues resources to craft weapons/armor with normally you would end up with about 1600 white resources for every blue weapon crafted unless you had access to R10 resources which you probaly get half that white.
So the numbers were not that bad if you held on to all your whites, I made a villa over like 2 weeks or harvesting back in the day before forts happened mostly solo.

Costs do probaly need a re evaluation however.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

17 hours ago, koregen said:

The resource requirement numbers are so out to lunch it's completely laughable.

So let's say you want to build a cottage.

Just 1 of the 6 main components to accomplish this is building 8 Architectural walls.

To build 8 architectural walls you will need 8 nails(480 ore), 16 bricks(1200 stone), 32 frames(38,400 ore, 25,600 wood).

Keep in mind this is just 1 of the components, you still need to make foundation segments, architectural arches and roof segments.

I'm pretty sure anyone that attempts to build a basic cottage will die of old age before he gathers enough resources to actually finish it.

Trusting the math from koregen, 8 architectural walls requests a total of 65680 white resources.  This can be purchased for gold at a 288 gold for 20 ratio (14.4 gold per white resource).  The basic cottage could also be built from buying the white resources for approximately 945,792 gold.  That's still rather outrageous and would require approximately 3,284 purchase transactions from a vender (and several trips to the bank).  I agree the numbers need a look.  The basic EK items should be cheaper.  (In addition, despite those costs, knowledge of the stone mason would only have a fractional chance of dropping.)

One thing I would want to look into would be if the stonemason belt item reduces these costs in a meaningful way (can't check it right now).

That's the resource count to build 1 of the 6 major components for a cottage. You will need all 6 to actually build it.

Edited by koregen