Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sentinel Balancing

To me the sentinels are supposed to be about building a spec group around the sentinel you choose or countering another teams strategy / spec. It's unfortunately not really working out that way. I'd love to see some balancing around the sentinels as most guilds use either Yaga (reduce healing so you can't heal through guard damage) or Maeve (cut hitpoints in half so you get 1 shot by guards) in order to leverage whatever makes it hardest to deal with the strong NPC guards within a keep. Changes are needed to get these back to building around certain spec groups and/or countering others. 

• Arkon = reduces elemental mitigation by 50%. This is fine as is.
  • Cybele = negates all anti crit strike. I think this could use a little buff since anti crit strike levels aren't as high as they used to be. Instead of negating anti crit strike make it reduce anti crit strike by 25%. This could also be changed to something else entirely as it's just not that impactful. 
  • Gaea = pulsing damage aura to nearby friendly targets. For the sake of our frames I think this needs a complete redesign. Since it's Gaea, something that boosts healing would make sense. How about +20-25% healing bonus or +20-25% personal healing modifier. Also could make this one about organic mitigations similar to Arkon and Kane. 
  • Illara = explosive orbs have a chance to appear on hit. This is fine as is.
  • Kane = reduces physical mitigation by 50%. This is fine as is.
  • Kronos = increases your power cost multiplier by 60%. I haven't experienced this one yet. Leave as is for now but keep an eye on it. I think this could be the new Maeve / Yaga potentially after they're changed. This to me doesn't really lean to one spec or another but it'll just make it hard to use abilities and harder to deal with the guards. It just doesn't do that job as well as the current Maeve/Yaga so you don't see it.....yet. 
  • Maeve = reduces your health by 50%. This needs to change drastically. If it is to remain a reduction in health it needs to be more like 20-25%. I could also see changing this to something to do with stamina that would synergize well with crowd control heavy specs. 
  • Malekai = blocks the ability to stealth. This is fine as is. 
  • Valkyn = negates all damage bonus and reduces attack power by 50%. Like Yaga, this is a bit much. I'd make it just reduce attack power by 50%. Could also do something like a negative 20% final damage modifier debuff. I could also see changing this completely to something else. 
  • Yaga = negates all healing bonus and reduces support power by 50%. I'd change this to only reduce support power by 50%. Could also change it to a -20% personal healing modifier debuff or something along those lines. I could also see changing this completely to something else. 
  • Zaleena = players explode when they die, dealing AoE damage. This is fine as is. 

I'd love to hear what other players think about these and if you have any ideas about some balance adjustments. I'd love to see these be used to build around a spec group idea than just making it harder to deal with the guards. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Maeve is currently turning sieges into Rainbow Six Siege, it's lame and there's meme-y evidence of it all over YouTube.  I think you highlight a bigger issue, though, keep defenses are mainly about guards and not players.  I don't know what the right balance is, but there are way less "epic last stands in the ward room" and way more "run to the guards so they cleave and agro from 40m away."  

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 8:52 AM, blazzen said:

Another idea for Gaea could be giving everyone in the area a thorns buff. That would be sort anti AoE sentinel. Better to do single target assist trains than spam AoE. 

Gaea actually makes fights really fun IMO. It forces everyone to spread out and creates a lot of uncertainty.

It could maybe stand to be tweaked a bit to make it easier for melee to contribute, but overall, I like it.

35 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

Gaea actually makes fights really fun IMO. It forces everyone to spread out and creates a lot of uncertainty.

<Video>

It could maybe stand to be tweaked a bit to make it easier for melee to contribute, but overall, I like it.

Wow, yeah. Just watched the whole thing and gotta say this looked like the kind of siege I would like to participate in.

As a Warden that despite being a 'defender' cant ever hope to take the crazy damage proper melee tanks can just sorta ignore this looked like a fight where I would actually be able to contribute.

Just watching it I could see places where I could drop AOEs to punish their advancement or force them to go around. Or even block their retreat. Places where a Root stake would secure the death of many of them.

Hell, I am still not sure how Bear-Dad wasnt deleted instantly in some places. Walking while surrounded by enemies? All my experience with sieges (which I admit isnt many mainly because they sucked) tells me that is impossible. The blob consumes all.

This video right here is the kind ACE should be parading around. That is how a massive PvP fight should go. It was completely different from any Siege fight I participated in or even saw videos of.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:32 AM, Bear_dad said:

Solid points blazzen, keep defenses heavily favor defenders as is.  Right now with the maeve statue, R10 confessor guards can just cleave down entire raids.

It should favor the defenders, they have a lot to lose... what do the attackers have to lose? Some siege? Until attackers have to pay to attack and not just wait for a siege window it should favor defenders.