Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So are druids getting fixed? or...

Thorns

Hey there, it's Thorns!
I've been playing Crowfall for 4 years since I was 11 at the 3.0 patch and I've played through every patch since.  Now I have some stuff to say about my favorite class… the druid, and i will like to propose some changes and recommendations as well as breaking down some major problems

Druids Disciplines and race choices

So with the 6.2 patch and the changes that came with it - Specifically the domain mechanic I've noticed some rather considerable harm done to the class… more than it already had, so here are some proposals:

• All druids should get automatic access to all the avatar buffs, ie: Natures Avatar and Pack Avatar.

•  It has been a basic feature to the druids and it seems to me ridiculous that I have to go a certain race with a certain domain in order to get such a basic buff that was originally already baked into the kit.

• Centaurs have a minor for pack avatar… why and how in the world did they get this ability? This makes no sense at all

• Centaurs have no lore, no gameplay and no reason to have an ability called “Pack avatar” horses don't run in packs and i get the fact that centaurs are a buff based race… but i would recommend giving them a special discipline similar to pack avatar that actually makes more sense for them 

• Just an idea… instead of giving elkens and centaurs Pack Avatar give them an ability called Herd immunity in which whenever they get applied a dot or a debuff like poison or blackmantle they have a chance to become immune to that dot or debuff for 5 seconds… that can only happen every 5 seconds- I don’t know - just something different!

• Illusory shield, Shield fighter, Blitzer and Stay in the fight should be removed from the druid discipline kit, instead these disciplines should be replaced by : Minstrel, Song of Speed, Dryad and Pack leader

• Illusory shield, Shield fighter, Blitzer and Stay in the fight have no relativity with the druid, lore wise, and neither do they add value to the druid… i get blitzer is storm and stuff but haunt has nothing to do with druid at all (if a druid wants blitzer than they can go storm domain), Plus giving minstrel makes much more sense lore wise, minstrel has two songs that when twisted are  called “gaea's choir” and “arkyns warsong” gaea and arkyn are married and gaea is the symbol of druids, not to mention that song of speed when twisted is called “D’orions acelerando” and D’orion is the son of gaea and god of the hunt (and a little note: give gaea's  choir a 6% healing bonus buff, it's a pretty bad song that need some love)

• Storm callers should get Death domain instead of frost

• Druids have repeatedly throughout the lore been called out for using the power of death, they even have a tray called death tray

• Earthkeepers should get music domain instead of storm

• Druids were also noted to chant in unknown tongues as a form of singing, not to mention that Cybele in the lore fostered the elves and Cybele is known for and i quote “Spring and young love, and the attendant festivities you might expect – laughter, music and dance”

• Archdruids should get Protection instead of dark

• Archdruids are tank related and this is confirmed by the fact that they get 1500 health increase and 6% damage reduction from their tree so having them use protection is not far off at all.  And it is not like their meager healing helps much in their tankiness.

• Elkens should be able to be druids

• Elkens are more nature related than half elves and are a pretty good match for druid not to mention it would make for some interesting builds (and one of the staves weapons skins is elken), not to mention that even though its not clarified in the elken lore that elkens are only humans that got turned into elken the half elves can be druids and if a half elf got the curse of elkens then it would be possible for them to be druids and again D’orion the first elken is son of gaea and gaea is a symbol to the druids

With all of this in mind… I'd like to remind the original concept of the archdruid… which is a mix between healer and damage dealer, when I hear archdruid I should be able to think in my mind “Oh ok so we are going to get some healing and damage” and not “Oh poorly made dergs… here goes to 3 minutes to deal the same damage as a stormcaller does in 30 seconds”

The concept of the earthkeeper is also very lacking… since ever 6.2 came around Earthkeeper has lost all of its buffing capability and it's one of the things that made them unique and (in my opinion) better than most healers, Nature's Avatar, Leeching seed, Barkskin, Mana regen from orbs, Faerie Flames… all of these were lost and it reduced the earthkeeper to the one thing that kept me from playing things like Cleric… They turned Earthkeeper into an heal bot

And finally… Stormcaller, Stormcaller out of all the druids is probably the only one that is stable, except for one thing, even if i went with Nature's Grace and Ironwood Body and sacrificed some damage nodes on my talent tree to be tanky i still could not even go up to a 5v5 and not immediately die, i understand the glass cannon mechanic of stormcaller..  But it is far too much so i think if they got death domain they would be able to get some good lifesteal

Thorns Of UxA
Kicking Crow's Butt since 11 years old

Tester since 3.0

Thorns again!

I also think, again - just my opinion - that druids need some slight changes to their powers, and bring back some old abilities they used to have long ago

• Nature's grace should be the combo it used to be which was:
    Nature's grace (increase healing bonus by 10%) > Natural bond (increase group members damage bonus by 5%)
    And then you chose between “Contain essence” or “Empower” which increased or decreased essence gain by 35%

• This would fix their utility and actual “Support” as in boosting and adding buffs as well as giving earthkeepers the chance to regenerate essence rapidly enough to do damage for final blows

• Blight should reduce 20% mitigations to nature and electricity before the bomb goes off on archdruid, this would be a great thing to add, its stupid that there is sooooo much preparation to a bomb to the point im waiting 25 seconds on my blight otherwise ill be loosing 20% damage on my bomb

• Now i don't know if this was intended when it was taken out or if it was some sort of bug before but it made bombs far more powerful and worth actually blowing up

• Barkskin should be changed for Earthkeeper and Archdruid it should be like this
    Earthkeeper: Barkskin applies a 10% personal healing modifier to you group for its duration
    Archdruid: barkskin reflects 10% of damage taken for its duration

• Again this will help earthkeeper be a much better buffer as well as a healer and it will make archdruid be tankier as well as doing off bomb damage and not relying 100% of their blight for damage

• Put blight damage scaling back, it is so stupid that im skipping Coalece Nature just because all bombs do the same damage… bombing is so necessary for archdruid yet tho it does so little and its become almost worthless

• In my opinion this hindered the reputation of archdruid (more than it already was XD), as an archdruid i dont want to have to land 21 bombs to do the same or less damage than in 6.1 when i could land 15 bombs and do the same or more damage… it also made archdruids conscious of what orbs they needed to put down so you could get more damage in there instead of making all orbs the same

• Nature's force from archdruid should be changed, whenever the archdruid lands a bombs natures force will now stack and add an aura which will do damage to nearby enemies and will heal you allies for 2 ticks from each bomb landed in a 10 meter radius (similar to the confessors fire aura), this effect can stack up to 15 times OR Natures force now for every 1500 health restored to teammates will gain a 10% damage bonus to electricity and nature, this effect can stack up to 3 times and each stack lasts 30 seconds

• This will allow archdruid to actually be a hybrid instead of a “damage dealer” with self sustain (if you can even call it that), the mission of an archdruid is to heal and do damage accordingly not to wait 3 minutes for the right time to bomb… i play it much different than most players since i actually know certain things most dont however that's how people do it when you rarely see an archdruid in a battlefield

• Give Archdruid 225 support power and 125 attack power on their promotion

• It seems like again… archdruid is being unpurposely hindered… why am I getting 75 support power on a subclass that is supposed to be a hybrid healer… i was very disappointed that the SP wasn't changed on the archdruid even after the 6.2 patch… the only thing changed was the fact that you got 125 SP from doing a bomb… but this goes back to the same problem… Archdruid being completely reliant on their bombs to be viable, if the mission was to diversify the builds then why am i being hindered of 40% of my healing and damage capacity because i'm not bombing?

Thanks for reading and please add any ideas you might have; Druid is my favorite class and I would really like to get back to playing them……… Not in any type of OP fashion - just “decently balanced” (More than a dart board brainstorm mentality)  with “something well thought out” as to what the Druid is….. Again, in my opinion :)

Thorns Of UxA

Tester since 3.0

Not to overly criticize, cause I think some of these ideas seem interesting, but a lot of your gripes seem to be that Druids don't have things that used to be unique to them because they were transferred to domains/disciplines. That's exactly what the devs said they intended to do, to open up some mechanics to disciplines that used to be attached to class, so since that's working as they intend and likely is viewed by them more as a positive I'd lean away from that and perhaps more into your other ideas of differentiation if you'd actually like things to get changed, or at least not have your other ideas dependent on that as much as possible.

The biggest issue with Druids as healers seems to be (I'm new, just what I've heard, so take it with a grain of salt) that orbs require your teammates to move into them, so adding something that alleviates that issue a bit would immediately make Earthkeepers more viable. A short-cooldown ability that moves or consumes any orb within a certain number of meters in order to activate a heal on target, for instance would really help them and alleviate the awkwardness of Keeper compared to the other healers. That's something that could really "fix" the class to improve viability, rather than stuff like lore changes. Lore is cool and all and class differentiation is fun, but PvP viability is what makes or breaks classes in PvP MMOs, and making the two non-Stormcaller specializations fit a bit more seamlessly into the metagame is a lot more important than feeling like things you liked about the class got opened up to outside sources. Just a small piece of advice, since your post is going in a lot of different directions right now. Devs said that they prefer succinct suggestions, so paring it down a little will help your cause more than anything else. I hope to see more Druids too! The class seems very cool in concept.

Edited by TommyTwoSocks

32 minutes ago, TommyTwoSocks said:

Not to overly criticize, cause I think some of these ideas seem interesting, but a lot of your gripes seem to be that Druids don't have things that used to be unique to them because they were transferred to domains/disciplines. That's exactly what the devs said they intended to do, to open up some mechanics to disciplines that used to be attached to class, so since that's working as they intend and likely is viewed by them more as a positive I'd lean away from that and perhaps more into your other ideas of differentiation if you'd actually like things to get changed, or at least not have your other ideas dependent on that as much as possible.

The biggest issue with Druids as healers seems to be (I'm new, just what I've heard, so take it with a grain of salt) that orbs require your teammates to move into them, so adding something that alleviates that issue a bit would immediately make Earthkeepers more viable. A short-cooldown ability that moves or consumes any orb within a certain number of meters in order to activate a heal on target, for instance would really help them and alleviate the awkwardness of Keeper compared to the other healers. That's something that could really "fix" the class to improve viability, rather than stuff like lore changes. Lore is cool and all and class differentiation is fun, but PvP viability is what makes or breaks classes in PvP MMOs, and making the two non-Stormcaller specializations fit a bit more seamlessly into the metagame is a lot more important than feeling like things you liked about the class got opened up to outside sources. Just a small piece of advice, since your post is going in a lot of different directions right now. Devs said that they prefer succinct suggestions, so paring it down a little will help your cause more than anything else. I hope to see more Druids too! The class seems very cool in concept.

Earthkeepers having pre-healing is not the problem... teamates need to learn how to play with an earthkeeper and pair with their healers not just "oh firehose me with healing" which is what differentiates druid from most classes... and the devs decision to strip powers from certain classes in my opinion is very weird, plus the druids already suffer from the fact that they cant even fill out their two trays and that mayority of the disciplines dont work for them, I get the wanting to make healing easier for the earthkeepers but earthkeeper healing has a good skill cap and so does the archdruid to where if you remove the orb mechanic like that then the skill cap will fall

And you still need to have a coherent relationship between the game's lore and abilities otherwise... why not give druids plate?

Thanks for the feedback ^^

Edited by Thorns

Thorns Of UxA

Tester since 3.0

The main points that I support from this list, as a most-times Archdruid:

1. Druids (and other two-tray classes) need more buttons to fill out their cast bars, even if they're not strong buttons.
  2. Bring back higher damage on 3rb orb when it's Blighted, and reduce the max orbs exploded back to 15 for a more reasonable set-up time.
  3. Force of Nature talent should be either more damage-oriented, with the healing bonuses being permanent, or make those healing bonuses proc from doing something healing/support-related.
  4. Archdruids need more of an SP budget in general, their healing is both the least reliable out of all healing-capable promotions and the one with the least amount of oomph behind it.
  5. Nature's Grace reverted to old combo.

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 12:33 PM, yianni said:

RIP druids, ever since frostweavers I never went back. I guess stormcallers arent bad

My question is what happened to the 20% more blight damage talent?

Blight reduces 20% nature and electricity mitigations it used to put that debuff before the blight bomb went off now it doesnt

Thorns Of UxA

Tester since 3.0

2 hours ago, Thorns said:

Blight reduces 20% nature and electricity mitigations it used to put that debuff before the blight bomb went off now it doesnt

i'm talking about the blight bombs... there used to be an AD talent that made them do 20% more damage

Hello,

I have been playing Archdruid for a while now and after reading through this discussion post I wanted to provide my input in hopes that the Archdruid promotion class will be improved. First I want to review the ideas that Thorns and Xarrayne presented above because they both have many years of experience with the archdruid.

• “Illusory shield, Shield fighter, Blitzer and Stay in the fight should be removed from the Druid discipline kit, instead these disciplines should be replaced by : Minstrel, Song of Speed, Dryad and Pack leader” -Thorns

• I agree that Illusory shield, Shield fighter, and Blitzer offer little to nothing for the Druid and even less for the Archdruid; therefore, they should be replaced. I disagree with removing Stay in the fight. I argue that currently this minor is one of the few things that make archdruids viable. This minor allows the class consistent damage output through basic attacks for a promotion class that has very inconsistent damage overall.

• “Nature's grace should be the combo it used to be which was: Nature's grace (increase healing bonus by 10%) > Natural bond (increase group members damage bonus by 5%)” - Thorns

• I agree this change would offer great utility buffs for all Druids especially Archdruids. The current Nature’s grace has an extremely long cooldown of 68s and the hps from it is low compared to many other classes in the game. 

• “Put blight damage scaling back, it is so stupid that im skipping Coalece Nature just because all bombs do the same damage… bombing is so necessary for archdruid yet tho it does so little and its become almost worthless” -Thorns

• Archdruid blight bombs are the most important thing for this promotion class to get corrected. I believe bombing is the class identity for the Archdruid; therefore, it should be effective and worth doing. Currently the damage they provide for the amount of setup and timing is very underwhelming. The Coalesce Nature orb should scale and do more damage than the smaller orbs placed. Also as Thorns addressed the blight 20% nature and electricity mitigation reduction needs to apply to the bomb. My suggestion to make bombing consistent and worthwhile would be to have a skill that drops a bundle of 5 or so orbs down. You then could follow up with a blight for a quick bomb which would proc the Force of nature passive. Ideas such as this speed up their bomb setup for combat, makes for more consistent damage output, and procs our most important passive. An alternative use for that same skill would be to use those orbs as a source of instant healing for you or your allies. There is also an animation canceling bug with blight. When activating blight, if you dodge roll it will consume the blight cooldown, the orbs, and not deal the damage. This needs to be fixed to allow for fluid combat.

• “Druids (and other two-tray classes) need more buttons to fill out their cast bars, even if they're not strong buttons.” -Xarrayne

• I absolutely agree, there needs to be more abilities for Archdruid that set up combos such as the orb bundle I suggested earlier. More abilities will also allow you to manage your essence better since death abilities lower essence and life abilities increase it. Better essence management increases the time you spend dealing damage; therefore, making it consistent.

• “Archdruids need more of an SP budget in general, their healing is both the least reliable out of all healing-capable promotions and the one with the least amount of oomph behind it.” -Xarrayne

• I agree. The Archdruid healing is mediocre and increasing its support power budget or giving them stackable healing buffs would improve their individual sustain and group utility. I calculated and compared all the sources of healing from the Archdruid and I was seeing between 86-200 hps being the highest sources of healing a couple of updates ago. I know this is slightly higher as of recently but I have not gone through the math to confirm yet. Either way in order to achieve the most optimal healing output (self-healing or group healing) you are not able to damage while this is happening. This results in most fights ending with me trying to self heal to survive while the enemy is doing far more damage than I'm healing and I die.

• One of the Archdruids main issues is their inconsistent dps. They spend too much time applying shields and other buffs while weaving in orbs to set up for bombs that hit for basically nothing (if they even hit!). This can be fixed in multiple ways and many have already been mentioned. I ask that the Crowfall team take their time, listen to archdruid players, and review the Archdruid’s abilities. Compare their dps output to other promotion classes. I want to preserve the class identity of Archdruid while also making it a viable pvp class.

• I also want to address and clarify class identity within Crowfall. I believe class identity to be important for all promotion classes to have. It is what players find unique to each promotion class and distinguishes them from one another. Druids are the best example of class identity within Crowfall. Stormcallers, Archdruids, and Earthkeepers have very unique mechanics that they use to pvp with. I want this class identity to be preserved as much as possible within Druids while also expanding upon them. With the recent discipline changes much of the class identity within crowfall was changed. Many abilities that were once exclusive were transferred to domains and disciplines. I like the new domain and discipline changes; however, we now need new abilities unique to each promotion class that actually is meant for that promotion class. All promotion classes would benefit greatly from a thorough reevaluation of their class identity especially Archdruids. These changes should align with the lore and fit the class identity such as the examples Thorns mentioned. 

• Overall summary:

• The Archdruid promotion class is flawed in areas of healing and damage. Neither healing or damage is consistent enough to hold up against most other classes. Archdruid players such as Thorns, Xarrayne, and I propose ways to better this class. I really hope the Crowfall team takes their time to fully address these issues with the class. I know there have been many quick hotfixes for the Archdruid which have been mostly beneficial; however, I hope for a full review. I want the class to retain its iconic class identity (bombing) while making it effective as a pvp player to play and to overall be a well balanced class when compared to all classes. The class identity should be abilities specific to each promotion class making that class strong and unique. Consider bringing back some useful skills such as the Nature’s Grace combo Thorns mentioned and even creating new useful skills such as the orb bundle skill I suggested. Design the class to become more consistent with healing and damage. If the above suggestions are considered then the class will provide a great addition to the pvp setting.

On 12/24/2020 at 6:54 PM, yianni said:

i'm talking about the blight bombs... there used to be an AD talent that made them do 20% more damage

i didnt even realize this 😕, you are right... they removed that talent point, it wasnt even re-added as to the promotion class or to the last talent point of the subclass tree, however... the damage of small orbs seems the same as the damage previous to the nerf... so maybe they amped the general damage of blight? seems plausible

Thorns Of UxA

Tester since 3.0

Now that i look back... stay in the fight is a viable discipline so i agree on that 

orb bundles... for as fun as i think it would be to have an easy straight 5 orbs just land on the floor, it would make bombing "too easy" i still like the idea of "hard work pays off" as in: if i make a big bomb im actually going to have an impact in the fight, plus landing a 15 orb bomb shoudlnt take more than 20 to 30 seconds if you know your way around archdruid, its just a matter of practice, just like all the other classes 😉 

Thorns Of UxA

Tester since 3.0

I would like to add my support for the ideas put forward by Thornz, Xarrayne, Yianni, and BlamedPack.  

As other's mentioned, Arch Druids had one of the most well defined class roles in the game, with their blight bombs.  This functionality is relegated largely to engagements of 5 players or more and shine in specific tactical environments such as bombing chokes, enemy blobs during long engagements, or zoning enemy groups with anticipated bombs.

One thing that was not emphasized is just how 6.2 changes erased previous cross-class synergies from Arch Druids that supported the classes viability.  You once ran Arch Druids because they empowered other classes through cross class synergies in addition to their primary role as a damage capacitor class.  Namely, Pack Avatar and Blight are no longer available solely from arch druids. 

I certainly support the ideology of making abilities characteristic of specific classes available to other classes.  However, it is exceedingly costly to re-obtain Pack Avatar.  To regain the Pack Avatar buff that is essential for Arch Druid bombs, players have two choices: 

• First, they can either play half-elves or adopt a Nature Domain for Pack Leader, containing redundant form life powers and no damage boosting implicits.  The most glaring problem with this route is that it sacrifices a major discipline slot just for the sake of regaining something that is essential for effective blight bombs while providing essentially nothing else other than healing bonuses to augment a very weak healing kit.
  • The other option is to take Storm domain for Avatar of Storms.  This is by far the better option, but the buff granted by Avatar of Storms is inferior since it is not shared with party members.  However, other than the stun these buff only the druid's LMB and it's implicits do little to bolster blight bombs since they are all specific to electrical damage.  On this point, I think it is worth pointing out that while sickles are specific to storm-callers and deal electrical damage, 2 handed mystical staves used by Arch Druids should deal nature damage instead to help unify the AD damage theme.   

Blight along with it's inherent 20% electric and nature mitigation debuff is no longer specific to Arch Druid since it was added to each other druid promotion class.  I really don't have a big gripe with this one.   Other than the fact that this has eliminated a very interesting cross-promotion mechanic through which different druid promotions previously acted synergistically.  I think Crowfall needs inter-class synergies because it adds a layer of choice to composition decisions.   This is very likely a case where you watered down something unnecessarily and eliminated an iconic spell from being specific to the Arch Druid.   No longer does the blight sound effect mean there are bombs on the field or players are being debuffed for high storm caller dps.  

I played a cleric in crowfall for years wanting to play an arch druid.   And honestly moving in to 6.2 I saw room for arch druid buffs since it was already under-utilized in combat.  Since it functions as a damage capacitor and shines situationally, it was already difficult to run it.    This problem is exacerbated ten fold with the loss of class specific buffs, debuffs, and blight bomb effectiveness.

I'm posting here finally to stop pissing off all my DIS friends.   

I love Crowfall and I sincerely think the loss of arch druid viability does it a huge disservice. 

edited - Pack Avatar to Pack Leader to reflect major disciplines actual name and fixed word choice ('however' redundancy).

Edited by Oaths

The problem with the blight bombs is the setup time it takes and the little output you get from them. On an archmage or even any frostweaver you can set up frigid bombs that take very little time to set up and do more damage, especially on my archmage... thats if i just drop stable and do freezing blast, i could also free weave frigid into a stack. then on top of that i drop shatter storm. sure archdruid wears mail and has ok healing, but the dps just isnt there and very situational, hell youd do more on an inquisitor, in both healing and dps.

i dont know what happened in 6.x but the bombs dont seem to be doing that much anymore. i used to be able to 1shot people. it was a great feeling watching people blow up and 1 bomb could turn the tide of a fight. bombs could make a huge difference in those fort fights or breaches IF they get tuned up a little

message deleted

Edited by Oaths
nothing necessary to add at this time, sorry for the post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 3:25 AM, kattming77 said:

horses are pack animals too, so the buff does make sense.

https://animals.mom.com/wild-horse-live-pack-3990.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_behavior#:~:text=Horses are highly social herd,to live in a group.&text=Horses are able to form,animals as well%2C including humans.

As said in both of those links
Horses run in herds, rather than packs
and to quote from both 

"Horses are highly social herd animals that prefer to live in a group. ... Horses are able to form companionship attachments not only to their own species, but with other animals as well, including humans."

"Horses Are Social Animals

In the wild, horses stay within a group of other equines. A group of horses living, eating and traveling together is called a herd, rather than a pack"

Thorns Of UxA

Tester since 3.0

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 1:25 AM, kattming77 said:

horses are pack animals too, so the buff does make sense.

LOL I see what you did there!

Archdruid currently feels really clunky, non-intuitive and completely lacking focus.  From the perspective of an old gamer that is new to the class, the most glaring issues are that the setup takes too long, orbs are too easy to avoid and the damage seems low when considering the prior 2 constraints.  The first is especially true in situations where you're only fighting a couple opponents and can't take advantage of Gaea's Growth for quick orb generation.  Here are a few ways I think the promotion could be improved:

• Add a passive that gives you a stacking +detonation damage when a health orb is consumed and +healing per enemy hit by Blight
  • Remove the essence cost of the basic attack so that it can be woven into ability usage more easily
  • Add a passive that has a chance to spawn an life orb near your target when you deal damage to them
  • Decouple detonation from Blight into a reduced CD ability, or split it into a couple of abilities to make detonation more interesting and forgiving.  Like a PBAoE detonation of orbs in range of the player, a PBAoE detonation around a target opponent, and a ground targeted ability that sucks all orbs to that location
  • Maybe add the two prior suggestions as a new major rune (call it Blight Bomber).
  • Prevent essence burn from reducing your health below 1 hp

I think that would work well with the current mechanic, but there are other ways to do it too.  Like the old standby of death tray abilities give an increasing +healing buff, while healing tray abilities give an increasing damage buff.  If you really wanted to make that impactful set 100% effectiveness for both at the neutral point, and +opposite tray effectiveness / -current tray effectiveness to each consecutive ability used from a single tray with the objective being staying as close to balanced as possible while still allowing you to setup great plays (like building to a clutch heal, or dropping a spike of burst damage).  It doesn't even need to be that linear.  Archdruid is supposed to be the more resilient spec, so you could make consecutive death tray abilities give +Healing/-Defense and heal tray abilities give +Damage/+Defense.  There is a lot of room to play with the balance concept.

Just my two cents!

(On a side note, it would be a really nice quality of life upgrade if a keybind was added for toggling between the heal and damage trays, instead of just having a separate key for each.  Would also appreciate a filter option on chat tabs so that we can decide what channels we want to see.  No need to re-invent the wheel here guys... Innovation is great, but at this point chat windows and ability bars are mature technology.)

Edited by Balthazar
Updated for readability, and after further testing

Speed above all else. Mobility above all else. Utter ruthlessness.

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2021 at 10:30 PM, Balthazar said:

LOL I see what you did there!

Archdruid currently feels really clunky, non-intuitive and completely lacking focus.  From the perspective of an old gamer that is new to the class, the most glaring issues are that the setup takes too long, orbs are too easy to avoid and the damage seems low when considering the prior 2 constraints.  The first is especially true in situations where you're only fighting a couple opponents and can't take advantage of Gaea's Growth for quick orb generation.  Here are a few ways I think the promotion could be improved:

• Add a passive that gives you a stacking +detonation damage when a health orb is consumed and +healing per enemy hit by Blight
  • Remove the essence cost of the basic attack so that it can be woven into ability usage more easily
  • Add a passive that has a chance to spawn an life orb near your target when you deal damage to them
  • Decouple detonation from Blight into a reduced CD ability, or split it into a couple of abilities to make detonation more interesting and forgiving.  Like a PBAoE detonation of orbs in range of the player, a PBAoE detonation around a target opponent, and a ground targeted ability that sucks all orbs to that location
  • Maybe add the two prior suggestions as a new major rune (call it Blight Bomber).
  • Prevent essence burn from reducing your health below 1 hp

I think that would work well with the current mechanic, but there are other ways to do it too.  Like the old standby of death tray abilities give an increasing +healing buff, while healing tray abilities give an increasing damage buff.  If you really wanted to make that impactful set 100% effectiveness for both at the neutral point, and +opposite tray effectiveness / -current tray effectiveness to each consecutive ability used from a single tray with the objective being staying as close to balanced as possible while still allowing you to setup great plays (like building to a clutch heal, or dropping a spike of burst damage).  It doesn't even need to be that linear.  Archdruid is supposed to be the more resilient spec, so you could make consecutive death tray abilities give +Healing/-Defense and heal tray abilities give +Damage/+Defense.  There is a lot of room to play with the balance concept.

Just my two cents!

(On a side note, it would be a really nice quality of life upgrade if a keybind was added for toggling between the heal and damage trays, instead of just having a separate key for each.  Would also appreciate a filter option on chat tabs so that we can decide what channels we want to see.  No need to re-invent the wheel here guys... Innovation is great, but at this point chat windows and ability bars are mature technology.)

Hey at least your first point was added XD

Also... very good sugestions!

Thorns Of UxA

Tester since 3.0