Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crafting is dead

I accept that Crowfall has a long way to go. I accept change has to be as it is healthy for evolution. I do NOT accept removal of PASSIVE SKILL TREES.

For as much as Devs have to suit the needs 'of the many' rather than the 'one or few' the Convergance has seriously killed the crafting spirit of Crowfall for this 'one'. I love to craft. In all MMO's I am involved in i build my characters as crafters - in all crafting disciplines if possible. It what I do and enjoy. Now my 'freedom of crafting' has been removed as I can only learn 'one, or 2, crafting disciplines'. The passive system was great for me due to RL as I could log on after a long day at work... or with family.. and settle down to craft AFTER spending my passive points.

The passive system was slow, laborious but I accepted that because as I could not log on, sometimes for days, I could still spend my points to increase my love of crafting disciplines. Blacksmithing, Runcecrafting, Leatherworking, Necromancey. When I could finaly invest into them it was exciting for me in the points advancement -'oh I can now do this... or this..' BUT now.. the 'HEART OF CRAFTING HAS BEEN RIPPED OUT', for me anyway.

MULTI-DISCPILINE crafting RIP. They also put it behind an ingame 'PAYWALL' - 'go grind mobs mobs mobs till you have enough gold to buy 1 craft discipline' - Rinse Repeat. Whereas before the passive skill system permitted you to slowly acquire the skill/s you wanted... ANY SKILLS. ALL be it over a long time... but hey.. you could craft or grind inbetweeen and have fun.

RIP FUN

As CROWFALL developes I shal continue to monitor, but untill the crafting system is 'unbroke', I shall be watching from affar.

Keep well all.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I accept that Crowfall has a long way to go. I accept change has to be as it is healthy for evolution. I do NOT accept removal of PASSIVE SKILL TREES. For as much as Devs have to suit the needs '

I don't agree with you. I enjoy crafting and being a merchant in every game I play. The time lock on crafting and gathering made it so I couldn't do anything I enjoyed doing and create self progress.

Interesting point of view. Most of the people I know who were deep into the crafting/logistics side of CF felt that the passive skill tree was more of a hindrance than a fun factor.

I don't agree with you. I enjoy crafting and being a merchant in every game I play. The time lock on crafting and gathering made it so I couldn't do anything I enjoyed doing and create self progress. I couldn't gather anything but the most basic nodes for WEEKS, and crafting was even worse.

This change is the correct way to go. It allows players who can and will put in the effort to progress in the game. If you loved crafting as much as you say you do, then you would have no issues with having to work for your progress because it makes that progress feel much more gratifying.

Also you act like you can't have 6 characters who can each pick up 2 crafting disciplines which still lets you craft everything. I don't plan to do every crafting but I sure enjoy not being time locked from progressing my gathering and crafting.

Crafting isn't dead, it's improved and will continue to do so. The devs made the right decision here cause many people won't play a game where they log in and have to wait 2 weeks to be able to gather half assed resources. Much less a month or longer to craft poorly made dergsty gear that isn't even equal to mob drops.

Good choice to you devs on the decision regarding crafting. Keep up the good work.

Crafting has been turned into a RNG joke, some professions have it easy with low cost low dependency crafts that yield bearable results. Others like WW have it so bad that you lose the will to even bother. Some are middle ground, the end result is those crafters that can be bothered anymore spam out useless junk until RNJesus blesses them and even then despite the additional gold/resource costs you cant even get back to where you were at prior to this change because its now impossible to have Attention/Monkey/Risk at the same time.

It's a placeholder and not perfect but at least it lets people who want to compete in end game economics have a chance. Maybe now we'll actually see high end products on player merchants.

I read this today and wasn’t even aware that they had taken passive training away.

It makes me sad that in a couple of months this game will have been in development for 6 years and they haven’t even finished the core game that was promised in the Kickstarter. I’m not even sure it’s the same game. It’s definitely not marketed to the same audience.

I hope they release so I can sell all of my rewards to people via trusted traders, but that’s pretty much all I have to look forward to.

1 hour ago, dreaden said:

It's a placeholder and not perfect but at least it lets people who want to compete in end game economics have a chance. Maybe now we'll actually see high end products on player merchants.

Merchants will be flooded with lower level crap that people made to grind the discs.

1 hour ago, dreaden said:

Zero chance of this, getting back to where crafting was before this patch is impossible (cant have attn+monkey+risk anymore) let alone the resource investment required even if you do get lucky with RNJesus means its going to be the purvue of the bigger guilds only and we already know big guilds dont sell top end crafted gear for obvious reasons.

3 hours ago, Ipimus said:

Now my 'freedom of crafting' has been removed as I can only learn 'one, or 2, crafting disciplines'.

You mean on one character? You have six character slots. You can master all the crafting professions now. Before you would have had to wait literally years to master all crafting professions via passive training.. And even then you'd want multiple characters for those professions, because some race/class combos are better than other for different crafting professions.

IhhQKY6.gif

6 minutes ago, banditeer said:

Zero chance of this, getting back to where crafting was before this patch is impossible (cant have attn+monkey+risk anymore)

If nobody has all 3 of those then you don't need all 3 to compete.

IhhQKY6.gif

5 minutes ago, Jah said:

If nobody has all 3 of those then you don't need all 3 to compete.

Also, not to mention, the passive bonuses we never got access to have been rolled into the disciplines and tools.  The crafted items post 6.3 will be better than the crafted items pre 6.3 (once legendary disciplines and tools are obtained).

However, the grind for legendary disciplines and tools will be significant.  Without a functioning economy, the only plausible way of obtaining the gold and resources to get a legendary discipline and tools will be the large guilds.  I can see a world where one could reach high levels of crafting through a better functioning economy outside a large guild, but without the ability to buy raw resources and then craft them for a profit, the roads to the top are rather limited.  (I anticipate and am hopeful harvesting and raw resources will be boosted by the changes in 6.3 given everyone with a combat character can now also be a solid harvesting character.)

There is nothing at all fun about the passive crafting system and it turned off alot of people since all they made was subpar stuff that others would just make instead since it was wasted effort, it also required a ton of accounts for a smaller group to do anything crafting related. Im glad its gone been asking for that change since day 1 of the passive systems. Reward players for actively playing the game not just pooling points and then getting 1 pip every day or 2. Most of the people i see complaining are the same old zerg heads who want to control everything and want no competition specially from a smaller group who they feel should struggle and just succumb to the zergs. These changes open up to the game to alot more people. The system still needs tweaks and im sure it will get them but the passive system will not be missed.

krevra.png

9 minutes ago, krevra said:

Most of the people i see complaining are the same old zerg heads who want to control everything and want no competition specially from a smaller group who they feel should struggle and just succumb to the zergs.

Weird, I thought people were complaining that the new crafting grind favors zergs who can pool resources more easily to grind out the discs and belts. Where are the zergs complaining about competition from smaller groups?

IhhQKY6.gif

I doubt you would be able to craft on multiple profession in the previous system. Unless you have alts but then you would be asking for a system that allow you to bypass the rules so to speak.

Nothing is stopping from making multiple characters with different professions in the new system. Heck, some time down the line you will be able to pay gold to preogress when discs hit the market.

That said the current implementation has a bunch of issues. The increased cost for one is just bad design.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Many of them are right here using this and that pretext to justify the old system, if anyone feels im talking about their group than i prob am. Also this is just the first of tweaks and iterations that will follow, alot is likely placeholder and the game certainly needs a economy pass as well to make things more viable. The game needs more than 150 players to do well enough to be sustainable and it has proven it cant hold its own with the old systems. Listening to newer players and why they are leaving im sure is driving alot of the changes as well as seeing how they can retain the old ones and how smaller groups and new groups coming into the game can enjoy it and not feel like their time and effort is wasted since they cant do anything to progress due to a unnecessary time gate not just for crafting but combat as well. The old system benefited the most large zergs who played from day 1 of the wipe. the new system will allow others to catch up alot faster. Sure zergs might have a bigger push early on but that gap will come to a close alot sooner than a time gate. Its also not necessary to release R10 day 1 of a campaign, higher rank nodes can be released over time allowing  a more balanced and equal playing field.

Edited by krevra

krevra.png

9 minutes ago, krevra said:

Many of them are right here using this and that pretext to justify the old system, if anyone feels im talking about their group than i prob am.

I think you're a little confused.  No one in this thread justifying the old system are from large guilds.