Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

keep or remove mobile banking?

Keep or Remove mobile banking...   

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should mobile banking be a thing?

Remove it. It ruins the risk in the game. Remember the game was supposed to be a 'full-pvp' game, 'a mix of game of thrones and eve', the sucessor to the infame shadowbane. So how comes there is such a mechanic in game?

It ruins so many systems. Got a good haul of items? No need to worry about bring it back safely to your home just press a single button and store it safely. Need to do a refinery run? Just get another people and cheese it. Worst case you dont lose anything.

Just remove it.

Edited by BarriaKarl
2 minutes ago, Prometeu said:

Really bad design choice unless there is a dev agenda that we are not privy to.

Apparently there's of important things that this isn't important thing isn't on.

The results are speaking for themselves. But I'm afraid that ACE will more likely add more loot chests to outposts instead of fixing the mobile and world banking issue. Alt + P once in a while is more than enough to keep your loot to yourself.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

5 minutes ago, Jah said:

Mobile banking needs to be removed.

After years of waiting for "spirit bank from anywhere" to be removed, it was a kick in the nuts to have mobile banking added.

I remember spirit banking timeframe, my only question is did removing spirit banking actually help spur pvp? I cant remember if there was a period with no spirit/mobile banking without having safe farming areas like gods reach and such.

2 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

I remember spirit banking timeframe, my only question is did removing spirit banking actually help spur pvp? I cant remember if there was a period with no spirit/mobile banking without having safe farming areas like gods reach and such.

the closest we could have had was when the spirit bank was directly tied to import/export. so banking all the time in field would chew up your exports. it was more beneficial to haul everything back to the nearest fort, dump everything in the local bank, and sort it out later when you had a stack.
Of course, i think just unlocking from campaign would reset the import/export counter, so it didn't matter. But it is kind of close to that.

231e101d88.jpg

3 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Mobile banking was added around the same time that spirit banking was removed. And yes, the removal of spirit banking did provide some additional motivation to hunt other players in the world.

But mobile banking is definitely not the only issue. Safe farming in GR/Infected is another issue. This thread is about removing mobile banking though-- one thing at a time. Fortunately, removing it is one of the easiest fixes ACE could ever be asked to make.

IhhQKY6.gif

Cannot agree more with those wishing to remove mobile banking. ACE - you have attempted to create PvP in so many various places, but with this one ability it's close to guaranteed that any loot you get from chasing after that PvP is actually a net loss when compared to just doing that same activity elsewhere where the probability of PvP is lower.

Refinery run? Just get a mobile bank - little to no risk now. Any PvP that happens at refineries is only worth a fraction of what you could gain by just going and harvesting or running pigs yourself due to a group refining just using mobile bank every few minutes.

Doing some gathering? Just get a mobile bank - little to no risk now. Why chase gatherers when you could make significantly more by just doing it yourself - especially with the removal of the passive training now (I know there's a bit more nuance to this, but humor me... ;) )

Attacking a keep? Just get a mobile bank - little to no risk to losing the seed or your siege weapons now.

Mobile banking removes so much of the risks associated with a game mode that is predicated on taking extra risks to gather better rewards.

2 minutes ago, Jah said:

But mobile banking is definitely not the only issue. Safe farming in GR/Infected is another issue. This thread is about removing mobile banking though-- one thing at a time. Fortunately, removing it is one of the easiest fixes ACE could ever be asked to make.

This. 

At the end of the day, last campaign EVERY SINGLE GUILD had farmers in infected. 

I truly don't mean any harm, but I fully mean the disrespect.