Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dynimix

Path Of Exile

I played for a bit and enjoyed it but I haven't been able to get back into it.  It's pretty daunting having to relearn the game especially coming back to a reset skill tree.  

1A9QOTM.jpg

I've enjoyed it, but hardcore is too hardcore and normal is just too casual.

I like the idea of a game with serious death penalties, perhaps even lost gear, but hardcore mode just makes it too easy to lose days of work in a moment of lag, while normal mode it just feels like dying doesn't even matter- I know the XP loss becomes significant later on, but with the absence of item durability damage or loss and currency loss it just doesn't feel like a real penalty.

I'd enjoy the game a lot more if there was a middle-ground mode with harsh death penalties that fall a bit short of complete loss of your character and all gear.

It's very sandboxy, but honestly, what ultimately turned me off of Path was its extremely depressing storyline. Even Diablo III, as dark as it is, is more or less a story of redemption and overcoming the odds.

I'm good with butchering vast numbers of enemies in a playstyle that I define, but it needs to be on a backdrop that I enjoy. I guess I'm weird that way.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

it has a STORY? I'm not far but i recently started playing, i get to lvl 20 then make another alt, at least until i know for sure what i like.

PoE is sandboxy?) It is a game where you farm Map to farm Maps... End of story

I've enjoyed it, but hardcore is too hardcore and normal is just too casual.

I like the idea of a game with serious death penalties, perhaps even lost gear, but hardcore mode just makes it too easy to lose days of work in a moment of lag, while normal mode it just feels like dying doesn't even matter- I know the XP loss becomes significant later on, but with the absence of item durability damage or loss and currency loss it just doesn't feel like a real penalty.

I'd enjoy the game a lot more if there was a middle-ground mode with harsh death penalties that fall a bit short of complete loss of your character and all gear.

I love hardcore, and think it's absolutely perfect for ARPGs like Diablo and Path of Exile. 

Unfortunately, in Path of Exile for some unknown reason I have always gotten incredibly terrible rubberbanding issues. It's been across 2 computer, 3 internet connections all in different zip codes, and on two separate Steam accounts. None of my friends whom I played with ever had issues, so it's a constant mystery as to why I have been deemed permanently unlucky with Path of Exile. 

I've died to rubberbanding on Hardcore characters like 15 times, all levels 30+ some as high as 60-70. Got too discouraging, and playing on Normal was just too boring as the experience penalty wasn't a big enough risk for me personally. 

Currently Playing - Dirty Bomb, Archeage, & Skyforge

AMEqAAy.jpg

I did PoE while it was in beta (open beta maybe?) and a little after release.  For some reason it just didn't keep me enthralled.  Not much does though.   =\

Love it. I've played a ton and I hop back in every now and then between games. I've also tossed several hundred dollars at them just because I love not only the game, but the way the developers handle everything from communication to the free to play stuff (best model I've ever seen).

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

I love hardcore, and think it's absolutely perfect for ARPGs like Diablo and Path of Exile. 

Unfortunately, in Path of Exile for some unknown reason I have always gotten incredibly terrible rubberbanding issues. It's been across 2 computer, 3 internet connections all in different zip codes, and on two separate Steam accounts. None of my friends whom I played with ever had issues, so it's a constant mystery as to why I have been deemed permanently unlucky with Path of Exile. 

I've died to rubberbanding on Hardcore characters like 15 times, all levels 30+ some as high as 60-70. Got too discouraging, and playing on Normal was just too boring as the experience penalty wasn't a big enough risk for me personally. 

Desynch. It's because of the way they do the network stuff (they allow the client to have some degree of control while verifying everything on the server... but sometimes the client tries to do something and it shows it happening but then the server says "Nope, you couldn't do that" so now the client things you are somewhere and the server things you are in a different place... then they synch up and the client fixes it).

You will be happy to know that as of next patch you will have the option to fix this with a setting that makes you 100% synched all the time. The only downside is that if you have a bad connection/latency then you might experience lag in your commands.

Edited by svenn

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

Been trying to get into the beta but no such luck, anyone have a spare beta key for a fellow crowfaller?