Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.3: Workification of a game

Nits

They got rid of passive training because the dev team didn't think it was fun and replaced it with a less fun grind.

Repetitive tasks of crafting/harvesting and hoping for RNG blessing followed by endless killing of mobs for gold.

This is supposed to be a "throne war PvP game" and there are literally no rewards in terms of progression for participating in PvP. Can't even sell a skull for gold. No reason to go to campaign until you have finished your weeks or months of grinding. 

I am all for a challenge to reach "full progression" but just making it a repetitive grind isn't exactly a challenge....it's a time sink. Hopefully this is just temporary because it is not good and certainly not fun. 

10 hours ago, Hud said:

it's a time sink.

It´s a time sink for the first weeks (large guilds) / months (small guilds). After that everyone will have legendary vessel/gear/disciplines as soon as he has member status in a guild that doesn´t suck. Why not give legendary everything right away to everyone and remove white/green/blue/purple from the game? 

6.3 looks like a desperate decision. 

19 hours ago, Hud said:

They got rid of passive training because the dev team didn't think it was fun and replaced it with a less fun grind.

Repetitive tasks of crafting/harvesting and hoping for RNG blessing followed by endless killing of mobs for gold.

This is supposed to be a "throne war PvP game" and there are literally no rewards in terms of progression for participating in PvP. Can't even sell a skull for gold. No reason to go to campaign until you have finished your weeks or months of grinding. 

I am all for a challenge to reach "full progression" but just making it a repetitive grind isn't exactly a challenge....it's a time sink. Hopefully this is just temporary because it is not good and certainly not fun. 

Yeah, as I've been saying (to the annoyance of some) for over a year and probably longer, the game is straying further and further from the PvP-focused MMORPG it was supposed to be. It's definitely a crafting simulator more than a PvP game right now, but imo not a very good one even. There's just so many hurdles to actually PvPing and not enough rewards for actually doing it, so the game loop balance is all over the place.

The best, most enjoyable, and most rewarding progress gains should always come from PvP imo, even if that means earning a high amount of quality resources from crafting through an epic siege battle or fighting over a world boss or dungeon or something. But you're right that the game instead incentives ridiculous amounts of grinding to "prepare" for the actual game, lmao.

Look, I'm sure there are tons of crafting fanatics out there who jerk off everytime they log on, but I backed the game because it was supposed to be a "throne war" simulator, suggesting lots of political motivators that would lead to constant war, not a fantasy take on Factorio.

There's just too much PvE and grinding and all the stuff regular PvE games already have in abundance, and none of it anywhere near as good as the way all those other games do it. The game's in a weird place atm and I'm not sure who is supposed to want to play it.

Factorio players looking for their next fix, I guess.

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

30 minutes ago, Nightmarian said:

The best, most enjoyable, and most rewarding progress gains should always come from PvP im

That would mean that strong players/guilds get more rewards and the scissors between stronger and weaker players/guilds would open even wider. This would be ok if there was a league system or ELO-based Campaigns, because noone likes to get stomped all the time. 

I think it´s good to achieve PvP progress  through PvE as well, but every progress should be gated somehow. If the devs need ideas how to gate stuff, look at WoW. There have been dozens different systems for gating progress implemented: Leveling, PvE, PvP, harvesting, crafting, pet-battles, Heart of Azeroth in BfA, artifact weapon in Legion, garrison in Draenor, daily quests in Pandaria, ... Every one of that was better than this "grind your ass off 24/7 and be lucky *ohh* and you need tons of gold. Earn this on the few spots that are owned by those who had more luck or more gold in the beginning".

This way of progression will be a lot faster. Fast guilds will be done with progression in a month, slower guilds will need some more months. But what´s then? IMO progression should never end or it can be skipped entirely. What´s the point when the only valid color is orange from week 4 to the end of all weeks?

That´s why so many games have seasons. Seasons change progression into a spiral. It never ends.

We have campaigns, so let´s just shift progression to our campaigns: Most brutal form to do this would be to start each campaign naked and get some freely distributable points for PvP, crafting and harvesting. Faster than the old passive system and without being forced into poorly made dergs. But that´s just one of limitless ways to implement progression.

A few hours to get up to a good level isnt as bad as some of you put it. It inst like people are now required to no life the game or anything. It is possible to quite literally get Epic discs in a few days if you take it slow.

Hell, I could have gotten mine days a go if I focused on farming gold instead of roaming for PvP.

Now crafting progression is poorly made dergs, that I will agree. But that is because it forces players to waste resources to progress. And the extra cost is BS.

But overall if playing a few hours is the end of the world I dont know what to tell yall.