Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Player Retention

You're talking all the time about the first month of play.

But, what will happen when we have played 6 months?
When all guilds have legendary crafters and almost all of their members with legendary sets?

What content will the game have so that players do not leave?
Because if it is the current content, the game is sentenced.

____ Xuten RR ______________________________

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I approve this message, and I've been saying it for a while now. Your game is openly hostile to the majority of its player base in its current form. You need a working difficulty ramp. You need a

Crowfall has many problems, i know youre working on some of them ACE but you seem woefully ignorant of others. Player retention for crowfall is the worst ive seen in a game, there are some problems wi

Make dregs guild only. As it stands Earth, Moon, and Sun only exist as cannon fodder for bigger guilds. Before you say no, go scroll through the leaderboards on earth sun and moon and look at the amou

On 12/21/2020 at 1:32 AM, Grivyn said:

To Staff's point, I just watched a new player who happened to be streaming, he ran through the NPE fine, got to LvL20, then decided to go into campaign cause well he could. Resulted in him zoning into first zone, promptly getting roadkilled by a Red Elk, going screw this game and killing stream.

Please for the sake of the game put a disclaimer of Dregs stating this a max lvl area and designed as a GvG battleground so we stop bleeding these players due to them jumping into Dregs far to early.

This hit home for me. I'm a new player as of yesterday and went through the pve tutorial smoothly, it was a ton of fun. After reaching 20 or 21 I kept hearing about the Infected and Campaigns, so I thought I'd move on. Campaigns said it had great loot but was dangerous. I thought, "what's the worst that can happen? I go in and get ganked and lose some of my items that took me only a couple hours to get. No biggy."

Turns out the worst that can happen is I can't even gather any glowing resources and I get ganked and when I try to leave the Campaign I also lose all of my inventory, horse, armor, and weapons. Luckily I'm really enjoying the game, so I took the time to gather low grade resources to get the bare minimum crafted gear.

I'm not too upset by all of this, but if I was more on the fence about the game it for sure would have been what pushes me over.

1 hour ago, Spraggon said:

This hit home for me. I'm a new player as of yesterday and went through the pve tutorial smoothly, it was a ton of fun. After reaching 20 or 21 I kept hearing about the Infected and Campaigns, so I thought I'd move on. Campaigns said it had great loot but was dangerous. I thought, "what's the worst that can happen? I go in and get ganked and lose some of my items that took me only a couple hours to get. No biggy."

Turns out the worst that can happen is I can't even gather any glowing resources and I get ganked and when I try to leave the Campaign I also lose all of my inventory, horse, armor, and weapons. Luckily I'm really enjoying the game, so I took the time to gather low grade resources to get the bare minimum crafted gear.

I'm not too upset by all of this, but if I was more on the fence about the game it for sure would have been what pushes me over.

@Spraggon

When you leave the campaign you don't 'lose' the stuff you had equipped such as your mount, armor and weapons. They are in a 'spirit bank' and you can move em from there to your account vault.

From the lobby, select your character and campaign, before entering campaign, select vault at the top left of your screen and select an 'AVAILABLE BANK' on the right side. select the items you want to EXPORT to your account vault.

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 7:43 AM, PopeUrban said:

I approve this message, and I've been saying it for a while now.

Your game is openly hostile to the majority of its player base in its current form. You need a working difficulty ramp. You need a reason for people to care about dregs divine favor beyond the top 3 scoring awards. You need to figure out how to engage the majority, not the minority of players with your core throne war systems. You need to decide if you're making a game about throne war or a game about grinding items for the majority of the time to engage in campaign goals the minority of the time. You need to decide if you're building a game around rapid resetting campaigns with minimal connective tissue or a sisyphean economic marathon.

5 Buddy codes are good for nothing at this point as everyone I know is already in my guild, and the majority of them have quit until you, and I quote "un-f*ck" the game.

Crowfall is somehow less fun than it has ever been. I have less desire to log in than ever. My guild scarcely plays together any more because they're all chasing individual advancement doing individual disparate activities, and interacting mostly through EK chests if they play at all.

You said you axed passive training without really trying to meaningfully iterate on it because it "wasn't fun" and that is an excellent reason to make sweeping changes to core systems. I encourage you to look at every system in the game under this lens. And ask yourself who finds each system fun, and if that is enough people to justify its current state.

I implore you to take a hard look not at individual systems but the entire closed loop of your game and ask yourself if it is fun. New players overwhelmingly don't think it is fun. Still. Even with the new active progression. Veterans in a growing ratio are telling you it isn't fun for one reason or another, and are telling you you're missing the mark with the fixes you are applying more often than not. Your insistence on over-complicated grind and a binary haves and have nots victory system is serving a miniscule portion of your player base. Those are the only players you are retaining. Everyone else is simply logging off and failing to log back in in ever larger numbers.

The customers you are attempting to monetize don't care what the excuses are. Don't claim you're not trying to monetize them. You are. You're constantly running sales, promotions, sponsored streams, and giving away beta keys. You're putting new stuff in your cash shop. You are selling a product, and the only thing that is going to sell that product is making that product something people want to buy.

That's it. No matter what the version number of label is, you're selling a product that people are only going to buy if it is fun.

Your creative director is retweeting threads about how nobody truly understands the development process. He's right. Consumers don't. They also don't care how hard it is. They also aren't going to give you money on the basis of charity. You are selling a video game so they want a fun video game, and they don't care how hard it is or what the excuses are.

You chose to open the gates to get data and the data you got told you your game was not ready. You are responsible for the current state of the game and how it affects your bottom line and release schedule. You are responsible for the fact that after five years you still can't push a significant version update without major game breaking bugs. You are responsible for your consistently low player numbers. Not your community not bug reporting enough. Not your pet influencers not hyping it enough. Not your backers not inviting enough friends.

You.

You currently have a game that only a few hundred people actually want to play. That is the state of the game.

I really want to feel excited to log in again, and I really want to see worlds filled to the brim with adventure and rivalry and dynamic player interactions and harrowing fights. I believe everyone at ACE wants that too.

Unlike some here I don't think you're just half arsing your way to the finish line so you can dump the game and become middleware providers. I think you've missed the forest for the trees with your noses to the grindstone and need to just take a moment, breathe, and honestly assess what you've made and what you're making and simply ask why it isn't getting the result you want.

I have given my perspective, but your perspective on the matter is the only one that really matters so I implore you. Get some perspective.

This post was worth reestablishing my login credentials.  It's timeless and complete. 

See you in another year.

On 12/23/2020 at 11:25 AM, Spraggon said:

You need to unlock your character from the campaign and export your stuff out

Imho this game needs to be scraped in its current form and revisioned, as is this game will just die before launch(If that ever happens). The game is uniquely boring and really has no redeeming qualities to make players stick around.

Chronicles of an anounced death

Most of us have come here drawn by a PvP game. But this has changed, now you need to play a lot of PVE time to be able to play some PVP time.
If we were here for being PVE lovers, I would understand, but the call you've made over the years is for PVP lovers.
Also, the PVE you created is boring.

Yesterday I was talking about it with a friend: don't you realize that they are kicking us out of the game? they are destroying their own game.
I said: it's so obvious that they will surely be studying it. And she told me that they may not have figured it out until it's too late as they don't play their own game.

The Skill Tree was fine. Why did you remove it? It just needed to have a 6 month cap. So you would know that after playing 6 months all players would be tied.
Also, players who start playing late will generally be quickly equipped into a clan, they shouldn't have a problem.
Going up two branches of the Skill Tree at once if you pay a monthly fee was a good idea.
I think you have little personality or a lot of insecurity, and you change your mind too easily, without doing good surveys among all of us who have bought the game.

Removing the Skill Tree was a bad idea. Withdraw the monthly payment to be able to climb two trees at the same time, another.
Change the game into an eternal harvest, even worse.
The real problem was: what were you going to offer players who have been playing for several months? What were you going to offer so that we want to get into the game every day? And remember that we are lovers of PVP, not PVE (because your advertising has been "PVP game", that's why we are here).

You have been developing the game for 5 years and you are still not sure what it will consist of. That is worrisome.

If I write these lines it is because I like the game and it saddens me to see the results of bad decisions.
It saddens me to see how members of my guild leave and stop playing because they are losing their illusion.
It saddens me to know that this is happening in the other guilds as well.

Ask us, take surveys, play your own game. Do something!
But the current course leads to death.

Regards

____ Xuten RR ______________________________