Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Backer accounts have been Gifted with 5 Buddy Codes

This year Crowfall is thanking our Backers by gifting all Backer accounts with 5 Beta Buddy codes!
As a Crowfall Backer, your support was a critical part of our ability to bring Crowfall to Beta this year! Thank you for your support!

This holiday each Backer has 5 Beta Buddy codes to share with your friends as our way of saying, thanks! The first wave of Buddy Codes was added to accounts December 16th; at this time they are also added to all Kickstarter Backers’ accounts, and all existing Backer accounts. As new “Backers” join as Crows this month, all will be gifted with 5 Beta Buddy codes within 24-hours of joining through December 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST! We hope that these codes help you celebrate the fun of Crowfall with your “Buddies” and be sure to share your feedback on our forums! 

With your help our studio hit several major milestones that would not have been possible without your support - so join with your murder of Crows this holiday and share the experience you helped create!

How to Redeem Your Beta Codes

• To redeem your codes, login to your Account Profile; on top right section of Crowfall.com 
  • In the Options section on the left-side of your profile, click on the Codes sub-section
  • There you will find 5 Beta Codes to share, offering your friends a minimum of 30-days access
  • The Beta Buddy Codes can be redeemed by friends when registering a new Crowfall account
  • For more information on the Beta program your friends can visit Crowfall.com/Beta

Things to Know

• Beta Buddy Codes cannot be redeemed on active Crowfall Backer accounts
  • Beta Buddy Codes can be redeemed on a registered Crowfall account
  • Updated information on the Crowfall Beta Test is available at Crowfall.com/Beta
  • Beta Accounts will need to download the Crowfall LIVE playtest patcher
  • When downloading the Beta playtest patcher, you must be logged in to your account
  • Beta Accounts must agree to the Crowfall Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Let me see...

Just some weeks ago Crowfall had a significative "diversion" of development, which includes the cutting of passive trainning system.
Instead of a questionable account progression five years old and two time revisited, the game has today no account progression and a system implying a significant amount of chore.
ACE stated this system is just "temporary" but no idea is given when and how this "temporary" system is going to be replaced.

Meanwhile we receive the "gift" to let some fellows of ours to play Crowfall for free 30 days and enjoy the game in the status it is now.
Why ACE want us to introduce other to the game so badly?

Am I wrong in thinking the game is going to launch exactly the way it is now?

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

3 minutes ago, RikForFun said:

Let me see...

Just some weeks ago Crowfall had a significative "diversion" of development, which includes the cutting of passive trainning system.
Instead of a questionable account progression five years old and two time revisited, the game has today no account progression and a system implying a significant amount of chore.
ACE stated this system is just "temporary" but no idea is given when and how this "temporary" system is going to be replaced.

Meanwhile we receive the "gift" to let some fellows of ours to play Crowfall for free 30 days and enjoy the game in the status it is now.
Why ACE want us to introduce other to the game so badly?

Am I wrong in thinking the game is going to launch exactly the way it is now?

I think you misunderstand what they said.  They said it needed a balance/review pass, not they they built an entire system to eventually throw away again. 

I seriously doubt that this new model is as "temporary" as you seem to think it is, only the balance juice/squeeze ratio is probably going to change. 

I believe that game is mostly lacking Players more than anything atm. The basic game is there ( not saying that is good or bad but it's there)  and ofc needs lots and lots of work to to be done yet but, to really test the systems we need people. If we go to 500 online players from 20-50 that we have now, everything will change and the game will feel a lot different.  

t's a must to do some testing with way more players at this state.  both for perfomance shake and content shake. 

2 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I think you misunderstand what they said.  They said it needed a balance/review pass, not they they built an entire system to eventually throw away again. 

I seriously doubt that this new model is as "temporary" as you seem to think it is, only the balance juice/squeeze ratio is probably going to change. 

I still feel as though this quote is 100% correct

2 hours ago, RikForFun said:

the game has today no account progression 

They should remove levels from characters and place it on the accounts, allowing you to gain experience from every activity, then you get your points to spend on the combat passive tree (reworked).

That way there is some sort of account progression instead of forcing you to reroll the same exact template for a character you have already been playing. Now vessels would be something like more of a permanent armor where you can equip it and gain those stats.

2 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Thanks, sir.

I doubt this matter was said in such a clear way on this forum or during the fateful Q&A of December 2020.
I mean I'm not the only one who misunderstood:

On 12/9/2020 at 8:41 PM, MacDeath said:

I don't like that passives have been removed BUT I think the temporary replacement system is working OK.

On 12/3/2020 at 7:00 PM, AngryCatGirl said:

Seems like lots of people have legitimate concerns about the new progression system's grind. These are totally fair concerns, but let's remember that the RNG Discs is a temporary "band-aid" fix. 

It's not going to be the final system, just a place holder until they can get a new (and hopefully better!) progression system in place. I for one welcome the change, and look forward to the new progression system.

I was sceptic since the beginning the Belt Age was going to end soon and always included the word temporary in quotes.

Perhaps I miss some dev clarification about the intended progression since 6.3*, but no need to link it.
I trust your word: active progression is the way Crowfall is going to be sold from this month on.

P.S.
Passive training is still in this site FAQ (Crow and Vessel). :)

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

10 minutes ago, APE said:

Why not have open beta at this point or unlimited beta testing for signups that get in?

Doubt either will help, but these promotions don't seem to be helping (buddy invites, guild recruitment perks).

At this point I feel Crowfall should go free2play with cash shop. Sorry, I just dont see a viable way to get enough players into the game with a B2P model to stave off the redonkulous player retention issue.

My friends didn´t like Crowfall when it was in a much better shape. If I would lure them into this dergs now they wouldn´t give me a third chance. 

Here some of their statements: 

When will I look different than every other [CLASSNAME]?

Is this a running simulator?

Where did they get those 32x32 textures?

And this is Beta? Nothing works. All systems seem to be barebone and mocked together.

Compared to [insert rnd game] this game does worse in every aspect.

And that´s sadly true. You need to dive too deep into Crowfall and have to forget too much about other games to be able to like Crowfall. Most new players discard it after the first impression.

It´s an interesting concept to break the game, see core population leave and invite new players. Don´t you have any key figures like "fluctuation of avg 4 hours player is 95 %. fluctuation of avg 1000 hours player is 40 %". Connect this to your patches and measures and you get a clue what your community likes and what not.

• ACE-Tiggs unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 11:30 AM, Arkade said:

The codes have already expired.

Well that would certainly explain it.   They should probably update their news feed. 

Why waste time being toxic? There are plenty of other people on the internet already doing that.

• 3 weeks later...