Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

harvesting and advanced tools

Tostido

does anyone else think 3 domination dust per combine to upgrade a rune is excessive? seeing as you need four combines to get to advanced tools, thats too much gold. It took me 3 days to farm up 16k gold thinking I only needed four dominations total to get to advanced, when I actually need 64k gold. I am not playing anymore lol

You clearly arent farming as well as you could. It is considered normal to get 15k hour. Hell, if you arent hitting 10k hour you are doing something wrong.

I think the 12k for upgrade is okay. 50k to purple seems about right.

Now lego seems like a huuuuuge gold sink, but I kinda expect that much to get the best disc available. I will probably stay on purple until i can get myself a blue vessel at the very least. Cant risk commiting to it in a subpar vessel.

15 hours ago, Tostido said:

does anyone else think 3 domination dust per combine to upgrade a rune is excessive? seeing as you need four combines to get to advanced tools, thats too much gold. It took me 3 days to farm up 16k gold thinking I only needed four dominations total to get to advanced, when I actually need 64k gold. I am not playing anymore lol

It depends... It's not too much for an experienced player who already knows what to farm and where BUT, it's a HUGE speed bump to a new player, which we will mostly be at launch.

So, if ACE wants to know if this placeholder system works for end game testers, yes it does. If they wonder if it works for newbies, mostly, it does NOT.

macdeath_sig.png

The old system would have had a player waiting much longer to do anything useful.  This new system at least lets people use better intermediate tools, as well as greatly increase the speed in which they can specialize a harvester.  The cost for an epic disc is a drop in the bucket if you actually spent some time farming wartribes, looting outposts of your factions control, killing thralls for soul essence to sell, etc.  Dont forget, if you are not crafting, you can sell dust/embers or even what you harvest in general chat.  Decent minors can also still be sold easily to people.

On 12/24/2020 at 8:59 AM, Tostido said:

Yea, I personally think it's too much on the gold grind for dom dust on discs. We need gold sinks but putting too much of it on individual character building ends up being a blocker to players getting into the game and having fun. I'd rather see more gold sinks for Campaign scoring activities like keep building and maintenance - if you want to win, then pay that price.

tiPrpwh.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 10:18 AM, BarriaKarl said:

You clearly arent farming as well as you could. It is considered normal to get 15k hour. Hell, if you arent hitting 10k hour you are doing something wrong.

I think the 12k for upgrade is okay. 50k to purple seems about right.

Now lego seems like a huuuuuge gold sink, but I kinda expect that much to get the best disc available. I will probably stay on purple until i can get myself a blue vessel at the very least. Cant risk commiting to it in a subpar vessel.

Where do you farm 15k an hour?

5 hours ago, biorott420 said:

Where do you farm 15k an hour?

Dregs wartribes camps with a class with some self sustain and able to pull a lot of mobs at once. Just get a good rotation going and 10+k becomes easy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 11:20 AM, BarriaKarl said:

Dregs wartribes camps with a class with some self sustain and able to pull a lot of mobs at once. Just get a good rotation going and 10+k becomes easy.

Frostguard with Dark domain, Corrupted Soul + Frozen Dancer Majors and Barbed Stake + Heads Up for Minors is my new farming Spec :) 

https://imgur.com/a/zVVmn3L

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I also have this issue where I'm short of gold to upgrade my harvesting rune.  I figured killing stuff will generate some gold but 15k an hour?!  Then yeah I need to figure out where the best spots are in the infected to get that amount of gold per hour.

3 hours ago, Covergirl925 said:

Yeah I also have this issue where I'm short of gold to upgrade my harvesting rune.  I figured killing stuff will generate some gold but 15k an hour?!  Then yeah I need to figure out where the best spots are in the infected to get that amount of gold per hour.

The further you go toward Sky Point, the higher level the mobs, and the more gold they drop. The tougher mobs like captains, chiefs and kings drop more as well. You can also get advanced gear, which sells for more than novice gear.

I wonder why harvesting and crafting disciplines and belts require domination dust and the combat ones don't, but you get gold through combat and while you're upgrading your harvesting and crafting disciplines and belts you can't produce anything worthy for combatants. I think this economy loop is not a loop, not yet.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:40 PM, miraluna said:

Yea, I personally think it's too much on the gold grind for dom dust on discs. We need gold sinks but putting too much of it on individual character building ends up being a blocker to players getting into the game and having fun. I'd rather see more gold sinks for Campaign scoring activities like keep building and maintenance - if you want to win, then pay that price.

I think the biggest problem with "getting into the game" is that advanced tools are on the purple disk and not the blue.  

12k Gold and 3 runes will get you into blue, which should be enough to start to make you viable in dregs.  I tried last patch to run in dregs with a blue and intermediate tools, and that was totally non-viable.   (10-11 damage a swing on every single node) 

I don't mind the gold sink as it's largely one way, but 50k gold and 28 runes is too much to ask before a person can even look at a dregs node. 

11 hours ago, Extintor said:

I wonder why harvesting and crafting disciplines and belts require domination dust and the combat ones don't, but you get gold through combat and while you're upgrading your harvesting and crafting disciplines and belts you can't produce anything worthy for combatants. I think this economy loop is not a loop, not yet.

Combat runes are totally RNG, while economy ones can be directed, that is the difference. 

I think it's fine. It's a one time cost for permanent character progression.

Also, we don't have dregs yet which will have more camps that drop more gold, end of campaign rewards, and on top of all of that, mob spawns have been broken, making it harder than it would normally be.

aeei5jG.png

16 hours ago, Yoink said:

I think it's fine. It's a one time cost for permanent character progression.

Also, we don't have dregs yet which will have more camps that drop more gold, end of campaign rewards, and on top of all of that, mob spawns have been broken, making it harder than it would normally be.

What do you think about having different costs for the dust, where the cost for green/blue is only 1K a dust and purple/orange is the current 4K cost?  I've been doing a lot of farming solo, trying out the loop and the amount of gold is definitely the bottleneck in my testing.  I am sitting on plenty of runes to get me to a purple disc, but farming the gold is another thing entirely.  The other thing they could do is drop the recipe from 3 dust to 1 dust on the lower discs; this may be an easier approach.

For guilds that are locked into how the game works the investment in gold is trivial; but for small guilds, or solo players the gold will be a barrier.  Especially when the early crafted gear can't even compete with WT drops, why do crafters/harvesters have any motitvation.  When I think in terms of 100 times the number of players we currently have, I think the gold cost is too high at the green/blue level, and may drive the pure harvester/crafter away from the game.

Edited by Teufel

lUvvzPy.png

On 2/18/2021 at 2:01 PM, Teufel said:

What do you think about having different costs for the dust, where the cost for green/blue is only 1K a dust and purple/orange is the current 4K cost?

I'd be fine with that. I think the main issue is just that WT is too good. Getting the crafting infrastructure set up for our guild, the process is to vendor tens of thousands worth of mats in throwaway items to get to a point where crafted items are better than what commonly drops off mobs.

aeei5jG.png

Perhaps they should consider increasing the the amount that harvestable mats sell to vendors for. At 2 gold per item it's a complete waste, but if it were increased to 10g per item then I think the gathering profession would go a lot more smoothly. Mats are obviously still important but at least you have the option to vendor some of it to get some decent gold return on your time invested when you are gold starved. which basically every single gatherer is.

55 minutes ago, koregen said:

Perhaps they should consider increasing the the amount that harvestable mats sell to vendors for. At 2 gold per item it's a complete waste, but if it were increased to 10g per item then I think the gathering profession would go a lot more smoothly. Mats are obviously still important but at least you have the option to vendor some of it to get some decent gold return on your time invested when you are gold starved. which basically every single gatherer is.

I do think vendors should be fiddled, but not that way. 

I think the gear made by players, regardless of quality, should vend for more.  So the cycle for a gatherer does not change, but the PRICE a crafter gets for built gear makes it more viable to sell failures for a reasonable amount of gold IN the Campaigns ONLY.

Farm and use mats in EK/GR/Infected, keep it at the minimal 2GP.  Vendor stuff in the campaign, and it should be worth 4-5X current values for PLAYER crafted gear.  

A big part of the problem 6.3 was that getting gold was way way more efficient in Infected/GR, and it seems to be a scaled up sell value to campaign vendors would be a good dial to have to adjust the risk/reward values. 

4 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

A big part of the problem 6.3 was that getting gold was way way more efficient in Infected/GR, and it seems to be a scaled up sell value to campaign vendors would be a good dial to have to adjust the risk/reward values. 

Serious question on a related note. If they reduce values in say infected/gods reach, would not players simply goto concurrent running dregs campaigns that are currently empty due to time zones or other reasons to farm? As we all know, folks will take the most efficient path of least resistance. Today its infected or GR, tomorrow will just be a different campaign. 

23 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Serious question on a related note. If they reduce values in say infected/gods reach, would not players simply goto concurrent running dregs campaigns that are currently empty due to time zones or other reasons to farm? As we all know, folks will take the most efficient path of least resistance. Today its infected or GR, tomorrow will just be a different campaign. 

Yep, switching to the least populated world is likely to be an attractive option for harvesting.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif