Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can we please nerf Pitfighters?

SirEmery

As a guy who's been playing the op Pitfighters for a few weeks, I'm concerned that the class is overpowered. I can literally just sit still and use my healing ult/ultimate warrior and watch basically any class smack me indefinitely without being afraid of my health going to zero. Only way they beat me is if they have a better vessel/gear.

As a side note, fighting duelists is incredible boring as they can never kill me and if I get them low, they just disapear and end the fight. It's not a fun fight. It's just tedious. 

Pitfighter is no fun for anyone to fight and honestly it's boring being invisible in 1v1's.  Can we please do something about this? 

I realized just how OP it was fighting Veeshan here. It's gotten to the point that fighting a pit fighter is counter productive even for 2 people to fight. While you're fighting them, objectives are not being met. We're literally encouraging people to avoid pvp in a game where all we want is pvp.

Edited by SirEmery

40 minutes ago, SirEmery said:

I realized just how OP it was fighting Veeshan here. It's gotten to the point that fighting a pit fighter is counter productive even for 2 people to fight. While you're fighting them, objectives are not being met. We're literally encouraging people to avoid pvp in a game where all we want is pvp.

Yep, i said in another post but if I know someone who plays a pit is in a place I simply move away from there. Fighting them is a fool's errand.

Edited by BarriaKarl

1 hour ago, SirEmery said:

Hence why i just walk off when i find a pit, it either gonna be an eternal fight that wont end and just be a waste of time or the pit will win. No point fighting em may aswell just leave basicly when ur able to get away.

Archers only one ive been able to kill a pit without it taking 10 year cause if i dont get hit they dont get rage to heal. (Warden might be able too too with blackmantle constanlty dropping unless they run a cleanse which some of them do cause it removes there only weakness)

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Such a thing jumped me on my Vanguard Scout today. I kitet it and felt safe and bored, because I held the distance and it didn´t take much dmg. Then I saw my HP bar and had to burrow instantly. It almost killed me at range, wtf. 

Pitfighters and even normal Champion survivability is pretty outrageous.

Those heals need to be nerfed and maybe in place of the old healing amounts have the heal scale based off of how many enemy players are nearby. Myrmidon Beefy Berserking has a similar mechanic and it would help Champions survivability still work in big fights but not be completely absurd in small scale.

13 hours ago, Nits said:

Such a thing jumped me on my Vanguard Scout today. I kitet it and felt safe and bored, because I held the distance and it didn´t take much dmg. Then I saw my HP bar and had to burrow instantly. It almost killed me at range, wtf. 

those net throws can do upwards of 800 dmg at times

Veeshan Midst of UXA

53 minutes ago, CrusaderW said:

Do we realy want to balance the game based on 1 vs 1 performance on classes?
YES. Pitfighter is very good as a solo class. 

Pitfighter in bigger fights is just a wasted slot!

CAN WE PLEASE NOT BALANCE CLASSES BASED ON THEIR 1 VS 1 PERFORMANCE???

This is not a MOBA after all AFAIK.

lol "Good"

Pitfighters are basically a no contest. Everytime I face one I might as well go away from keyboard.

Pitfighters damage is BS. That needs to go. No arguing it.

And their heal needs to scale somehow. So that we fix both problems. Good on 1v1 and good on group combat. Why ACE hasnt done that from the start is a mistery.

You are really underestimating how broken Pits are. You probably dont play small scale. It is awful knowing you will die simply because someone is using a clearly busted class.

Edited by BarriaKarl

4 hours ago, CrusaderW said:

We should balance classes for most common situations. Outside of siege window this is 1 vs 1 most of the time.

5 hours ago, CrusaderW said:

This is very true, no pit fighter has ever been played outside of 1v1 situations.

Having high sustain, decent damage, escape, chase, debuffs, cc, plate, good racials, and plenty of discipline choices all in one package has no value in group play.

So many other options that have all that and more. Pit fighter is the worst.

22 hours ago, ZYBAK said:

Pitfighters and even normal Champion survivability is pretty outrageous.

Those heals need to be nerfed and maybe in place of the old healing amounts have the heal scale based off of how many enemy players are nearby. Myrmidon Beefy Berserking has a similar mechanic and it would help Champions survivability still work in big fights but not be completely absurd in small scale.

The heal isn't the issue in the pit tree if the damage was nerfed. Their role is a juggernaut tank, I look at them like KotB from RoR. Also, the actual champion talents have very limited healing.

For me is fun , i don't wanna whait for 10 guilmate to come whid me if i leave the temple. Try to remove all the survivability in the game (self healing and stealt) so we can incentivize the zerg fest.