Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can we please nerf Pitfighters?

3 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Before launch it would always be better to nerf outliers. After launch things get tricky since a heavy handed but justified nerf can upset too many players attached to their style of play or avatar of preference. In the latter case, power creep could be more desirable then negativity from players effected.

The recent letter made it seem like something more impactful is coming as in "getting a chance to finally do a balance pass -- which I’ve been wanting to do for a long time!" 

If everything up to this point (redoing talents, promos, powers, passives, domains, disciplines, etc) was just a warm up, maybe there is some hope. However most of these comments have not produced results in the past.

Balance is a never ending process, but if they actually focus in, we could see some significant changes for better or worse.

If they do more of the same, then probably nerfing outliers would be smart before launch.

2 hours ago, BehindYou said:

To make other classes buffed like that you would need to give all tanks 300AP in their promotion, so probably 500 AP for DPS promotion. Give all tanks access to 4 2k heals plus destroyer major, for dps probably 3 self heals. All tanks the ability to spam chains at 1-1.5K dmg every 6 seconds, plus another range at 1k.

There's plenty they could do to make classes/promos more interesting in different ways besides homogenizing them. However I don't know if this team has the ability to do that due to time or financial restraints or just the teams talent. They are under utilizing so many stats, power combo opportunities, and places where player choice and ability to customize their characters and instead providing dev directed "best" options that take most of the fun out of it for me. The talent layout and simplification was hopefully just a rough draft as they could expand it a great deal and actually let players build characters their way. Also the hard caps and limited value of stats per class is unfortunate. Being an all Strength Druid or whatever should have value vs all Int or Dex or Con or mixing. Good stat pool but very shallow implementation.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a guy who's been playing the op Pitfighters for a few weeks, I'm concerned that the class is overpowered. I can literally just sit still and use my healing ult/ultimate warrior and watch basically

Do we realy want to balance the game based on 1 vs 1 performance on classes? YES. Pitfighter is very good as a solo class.  Pitfighter in bigger fights is just a wasted slot! CAN WE PLEASE

Just linking some earlier threads where I complain about these issues: Balance in general with pitfighter as an example, and stealth vs anti-stealth gameplay. IMO, these problems have only gotten

1 minute ago, APE said:

There's plenty they could do to make classes/promos more interesting in different ways besides homogenizing them. However I don't know if this team has the ability to do that due to time or financial restraints or just the teams talent. 

During this "Balance pass" either

(A) Pit gets brought in line with nerfs to it's overperforming areas

or

(B) Every other class has to get buffed in both damage and healing

Now which of those options is more feasible with limited dev hours? 

Shadowbane style advantage / disadvantage disciplines when? ~Yianni 1/21/21

4 hours ago, Ranik said:

During this "Balance pass" either

(A) Pit gets brought in line with nerfs to it's overperforming areas

or

(B) Every other class has to get buffed in both damage and healing

Now which of those options is more feasible with limited dev hours? 

If it is an actual full balance pass to everything then could see both happening. Pit could be adjusted to be less overperforming while bringing others more in line. Maybe I'm reading too far between the lines, but the comment seems like they intend to do more then we've seen in the pass which could be drastic or it could fall flat. No class should perform well in too many areas without sacrificing something, so hopefully they figure out a balance of some sort to make each stand on its own while looking at how all builds work solo to large scale.

One of the Devs on the CF streamathon said pit IS getting nerfed.

So the "squeaky" wheel gets the grease.

My only concern is the over nerf.

I hope its just taking rid of some of the AP (the 150 at the end or changing pit fighter passive) but we will see.

On 12/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, BehindYou said:

The ability to survive I think is fine, its the amount of damage they are also able to inflict that makes them over powered. 

One issue with Pit Fighters is that they ton of damage and get to wear plate armor as well. In summary, they can self-heal, wear the best armor and do very good to excellent damage output

It needs to be all ap from promotion, the real issue is music but if you nerf that it will kill the domain. Taking the 300AP potential from pits and replacing with resistance is a good test.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:20 AM, Ussiah said:

One of the Devs on the CF streamathon said pit IS getting nerfed.

So the "squeaky" wheel gets the grease.

My only concern is the over nerf.

I hope its just taking rid of some of the AP (the 150 at the end or changing pit fighter passive) but we will see.

Edited by BehindYou