Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Keep is not safe place?

Hello!

Had a terrible gaming experience today.

An enemy hamster climbed into the territory of our keep and began to kill out crafters. He just used the tunnel and moved around the territory unprotecteable by guards. In particular, we didn't have a single guard near the bank, and as a result, out clan lost some valuable resources.

As for me, this is a bad game design. The keep should be a safe place and must provide security, or it becomes just a burden...

Screen with no guards in zone under spoiler

Spoiler

Lo7U03k.png

Edited by RedSRichy
what's wrong with fonts?O_O

Ё - sounds proud.

I dont think they should be safe zones. BUT the balance is broken yes. It is incredibly easy to pull it off to the hamsters. Even if there was guards there, it wouldnt make much difference if they brought more guys.

And if they fail what do they lose? Bandages? Food?

Yeah, the balance is whack.

Btw, during the siege it should be OP. Ward would be destroyed easely without any sieges, just some sneaky work, while another group works on trees.

Edited by RedSRichy

Ё - sounds proud.

Keeps in Campaigns are not intended to be 100% safe, but there is an expectation that if you invest in ranked up guards they will provide *some* additional protection. Post your feedback and the screen shot for QA team in the thread, looks like maybe some guard placement or pathing is missing in that area.

https://community.crowfall.com/forum/221-beta-playtest-feedback/

tiPrpwh.png

aside from making stealth time reduce item durability and making stealth drain stamina, i don't see a means to give the attackers any sort of risk.  While i agree guards pathing needs to be adjusted for a short term solution, people need to realize a campaign is never safe.

Most guilds have been hit hard by hamster attacks, even veteran guilds who should know better.  It's part of the game, and there should be risk for the increased stats you can get from an r2+ table.  I craft, i know the risk, and i make sure my crafting habits are adjusted in campaign to minimize that risk.  A well timed hit will get at most a single piece or a full armour set if i feel its safe, but nothing more.  If i am doing anything valuable, i have brigands and wardens waitin around.  Even with guards in the right spots, it's not safe, they only need a hamster or two to kite away the guards to loot your corpse.

Ok, and, as i see, siege with hamsters is ok too? i mean, when siege just begins and 10 hamsters instantly kill ward, there is nothing bad? Why do you need another classes, when you have tank, heal and dps in hamsters? Why do you need to build trebuchets, when you can just enter enemy keep with no problem?

And, the last question, if the "tunnel" working well, why the hell it works with keeps only if you see in special point before use it, but not every time? 

Edited by RedSRichy

Ё - sounds proud.

6 hours ago, RedSRichy said:

Ok, and, as i see, siege with hamsters is ok too? i mean, when siege just begins and 10 hamsters instantly kill ward, there is nothing bad? Why do you need another classes, when you have tank, heal and dps in hamsters? Why do you need to build trebuchets, when you can just enter enemy keep with no problem?

And, the last question, if the "tunnel" working well, why the hell it works with keeps only if you see in special point before use it, but not every time? 

If you're worried about tunneling under the walls during siege, you can build an anti-stealth sentinel. Tunnel is a stealth ability and as such can not be used when that sentinel is active. Sentinels right now are only active during siege as people found them really annoying when active 24/7 since seninels effect all players rather than only enemies.

As for raiding keeps outside siege. Its fine. The ability to do so is why the only race that can do it has one heal, one tank, and 1 DPS option. They are literally designed to have this option at the expense of powers, discs, and class options other races have, and you have the option of taking anti-stealth discs on your crafters to check for sneaky stealthers before you get your stuff out of the bank.

I do think players should be able to command gaurds a bit though, even a simple "follow me" that works like pigs and breaks when leaving the keep would make sense. After all there's no good reason guards should just walk around aimlessly when there are literally enemies inside the keep. They're there to discourage small numbers of players from raiding after all.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

17 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

If you're worried about tunneling under the walls during siege, you can build an anti-stealth sentinel. Tunnel is a stealth ability and as such can not be used when that sentinel is active.

it's useless, because you can enter for a few seconds before siege starts and come to the wards, when you are inside it doesn't really matter are you invisiable or not, if you are in a strong party.

few seconds before siege i was inside. And my way to wards was absolutely free of guards.

Spoiler

2DH4R0b.png

0ParCQc.png

Edited by RedSRichy

Ё - sounds proud.

*Sits down on his rocking chair, and pulls a blanket over his lap to reminisce*

I think we're all in agreement, especially the campaign world, a keep should not be a safe haven. However, the current implementation has limitations.

Some examples from Shadowbane that could have good use cases in Crowfall;

• Ability to set guard pathing ... meaning less of the empty spots we see in key places now.
  • Spires (sentinels) in a city could be switched on/off, running them outside of a siege window was however expensive (ignore the fact that there was duped gold in SB, and people ran them permanently in some instances).
  • In Shadowbane, if you brought a force - you could kill the city guards, and spend time camping an opponents keep (city). It was fun to lock down an enemy city. This is virtually impossible now with the strength of guards. City camping added a nice activity to reduce boredom/downtime.
On 12/29/2020 at 4:08 AM, RedSRichy said:

Hello!

Had a terrible gaming experience today.

An enemy hamster climbed into the territory of our keep and began to kill out crafters. He just used the tunnel and moved around the territory unprotecteable by guards. In particular, we didn't have a single guard near the bank, and as a result, out clan lost some valuable resources.

As for me, this is a bad game design. The keep should be a safe place and must provide security, or it becomes just a burden...

Screen with no guards in zone under spoiler

Hide contents

Lo7U03k.png

Bad choice for the bank location. By the way, I returned your 1'000 dust so do not need to be that dramatic here. People lost so much more than a 1000 dust in this game. You lost nothing except 2 sculls. Thus, the lesson was really painless for you, my friend.

As an example, this is what harvesters been loosing to hamster gank squad on NA Campaigns:

bap_2.png?width=1202&height=676

... and yeah, say "Hi" to Mr. Zombie

P.S. Let me know if you want to learn more about the game. I'm always at your service. 🤠

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

On 12/31/2020 at 11:54 AM, daworf said:

*Sits down on his rocking chair, and pulls a blanket over his lap to reminisce*

I think we're all in agreement, especially the campaign world, a keep should not be a safe haven. However, the current implementation has limitations.

Some examples from Shadowbane that could have good use cases in Crowfall;

• Ability to set guard pathing ... meaning less of the empty spots we see in key places now.
  • Spires (sentinels) in a city could be switched on/off, running them outside of a siege window was however expensive (ignore the fact that there was duped gold in SB, and people ran them permanently in some instances).
  • In Shadowbane, if you brought a force - you could kill the city guards, and spend time camping an opponents keep (city). It was fun to lock down an enemy city. This is virtually impossible now with the strength of guards. City camping added a nice activity to reduce boredom/downtime.

feel free to do all of this, but take away invulnerability outside of siege. 

All you care bares want candy land unless its siege window.