Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Make Enternal Kingdoms More Meaningful!

Sloppy

I see a major flaw in how the Eternal Kingdoms have been proposed.

1.  We go mostly naked onto a dying world

2.  We bring crafters with us to the dying worlds since they can't craft for us while in the eternal kingdoms.

3.  We win the battle on a dying world to bring loot back to the eternal kingdoms.

But what do we do with the loot in the eternal kingdoms?

1.  Build a castle that doesn't have to withstand a siege?

2.  Build shiny armor that we can use to shop with while teleporting between EK's.

3.  Duel in fancy expensive armor?

There needs to be war on the eternal kingdoms....

There needs to be sieges on the eternal kingdoms....

We need to ability to destroy someone's trophy case...

Guilds need to be able to merge all their plots together to make a kingdom that can be raided and looted and taken!

At the very least we need to be able to wager property.

Stretch Goal #1 - Bring war to the eternal kingdoms

Stretch Goal #2 - Kill the carebears!

Well, first they did say they are working on a system where EKs can go to war. Though it does have to be consensual.

Second, only some campaigns force you to enter mostly naked.

Third, I really do hope they expand on the EKs, but I want to see how they work first before I go making demands for change.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I see a major flaw in how the Eternal Kingdoms have been proposed.

1.  We go mostly naked onto a dying world

2.  We bring crafters with us to the dying worlds since they can't craft for us while in the eternal kingdoms.

3.  We win the battle on a dying world to bring loot back to the eternal kingdoms.

But what do we do with the loot in the eternal kingdoms?

1.  Build a castle that doesn't have to withstand a siege?

2.  Build shiny armor that we can use to shop with while teleporting between EK's.

3.  Duel in fancy expensive armor?

There needs to be war on the eternal kingdoms....

There needs to be sieges on the eternal kingdoms....

We need to ability to destroy someone's trophy case...

Guilds need to be able to merge all their plots together to make a kingdom that can be raided and looted and taken!

At the very least we need to be able to wager property.

Stretch Goal #1 - Bring war to the eternal kingdoms

Stretch Goal #2 - Kill the carebears!

Oh dear.

1.  EK can have tons of meaning other than PvP meaning.  For some of us the EK will be our social hub,our storefront, our town hub, our event location, our contest area, our player driven anything spot.   PvP is not needed to make EK amazing.  Player creativity and the ability to think for yourself and do the work needed to make the area come alive is what is needed.

2.  I'm tired of being spoon fed content and same old same old.  There are all the inner worlds to hack and slash at each other.  We don't need to auto hack and slash on the EK too. 

3.  Having an amazing central spot for your guild to hang in is not carebear.  It's fun.  It's a place to take a deep breath and just enjoy being with the folks that you're killing stuff with day in and day out.  Seriously - you can kill and siege with a guy but you can't have a beer with him?

Keep mandatory PvP out of EK.  You wanna PvP in the EK then set your own EK to PvP and go for it.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Eternal Kingdom is the couch equivalent of real life.

You finish up one game of Risk and go take a break on the couch before starting another. You have to understand they can't have you play the same game on the couch without spoiling 'normal' Risk. Sure you can talk to other players, even make some duel.. but it's mostly social.

I hate the very idea of EK.. but I do see why they thought of it, since so many players will just play to build meaningless and shiny castles. Every shard will come to an end eventually, so they thought people wouldn't feel the persistency without EKs.. and lose interest eventually.

They instead need to keep the playerbase at a decent level.

I guess what I hate most is how much focus they put on it, like it wasn't Trammel v2. They even created a fealty system for that ....

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

You finish up one game of Risk and go take a break on the couch before starting another. You have to understand they can't have you play the same game on the couch without spoiling 'normal' Risk. Sure you can talk to other players, even make some duel.. but it's mostly social.

I hate the very idea of EK.. but I do see why they thought of it, since so many players will just play to build meaningless and shiny castles.

They need to keep the playerbase at a decent level.

I guess what I hate most is how much focus they put on it, like it wasn't Trammel v2. They even created a fealty system for that ....

ya, the thing that they're trying to sell it to us, like it isn't meaningless, annoys me a little.

just be honest... it's pure fluff and they knew from the very beginning how we (you know who we are) would react to it.

don't treat us like we're stupid.

But Freeze remember you are not the only "ones" wanting to or going to play this game.  Just because it does not have meaning to you does not mean it's completely meaningless.  To most or all, of you SBers it may be fluff but they are presenting  this game to the entire MMO community so they are not treating  you specifically like your stupid they are just trying to present the entire concept to everyone all at once.  

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif

But Freeze remember you are not the only "ones" wanting to or going to play this game.  Just because it does not have meaning to you does not mean it's completely meaningless.  To most or all, of you SBers it may be fluff but they are presenting  this game to the entire MMO community so they are not treating  you specifically like your stupid they are just trying to present the entire concept to everyone all at once.  

It's mostly the "we dont want any more meaningless badges" in their initial text on play2crush.com.

just to do the ol' switcheroo and tell us "but these badges are cool" aka the EK

I, personally felt like "they're kiddin now, right?"

Don't treat us like fools is what I'm saying. Don't try and lure us in with stuff like that and then say "oh well, semantics"

Edited by freeze

When I'm done with a game I log out and do other things. I don't need or want an idle lobby to chat with people. For that purpose I have forums, voice com or IRC.

If I want a castle/city/hub in a game, I want it to have a meaning, and in a game that's focused on PvP, conquest and politics I want my and others' property to be contestable. That's the only way to give them meaning and value.

I see absolutely no point in fighting in other worlds just to bring resources into my EK just so I can build a damn castle. I have no use for that castle beyond sitting in and showing it off to others. With this I found no value to resources.

There is also absolutely no point in opening my guild's EK to PvP and contestable rule set if others are locked.

Edited by Nefastus

It's mostly the "we dont want any more meaningless badges" in their initial text on play2crush.com.

just to do the ol' switcheroo and tell us "but these badges are cool" aka the EK

I, personally felt like "they're kiddin now, right?"

Don't treat us like fools is what I'm saying. Don't try and lure us in with stuff like that and then say "oh well, semantics"

In my point of view you are looking at this the wrong way. the point of EK is not badges, its a place to be creative. It allows those who enjoy a game where you can build something beautiful where people wont destroy it. I love killing people as much as the next guy, Ive done PVP in every game that has allowed it. However i also like the idea that i can use my resources to build something i can show to people that wont get destroyed 5 minutes later. I love the destroy able environments idea for the PvP however building something permanent that is completely mine is fun for me too. If i can do both in one game that's just a plus. 

When I'm done with a game I log out and do other things. I don't need or want an idle lobby to chat with people. For that purpose I have forums, voice com or IRC.

If I want a castle/city/hub in a game, I want it to have a meaning, and in a game that's focused on PvP, conquest and politics I want my and others' property to be contestable. That's the only way to give them meaning and value.

I see absolutely no point in fighting in other worlds just to bring resources into my EK just so I can build a damn castle. I have no use for that castle beyond sitting in and showing it off to others. With this I found no value to resources.

then...... Dont its like complaining that the amount of effort they put into crafting is worthless because you personally dont craft.

there is no reason to build a castle if you dont want too. Everyone is acting like your being forced to build things in EK so far i have seen nothing that has said EK has to be important for anyone who is purely into the PvP aspect. If you hate the idea of EK, ignore it. you dont have to deal with it at all.

Reading comprehension, try it.

The point is not that I don't want to build a damn city or castle in EK, I want to, but it has zero value if it's just a damn social lobby to show off. The only way to give them value is to make them contestable.

AHHHH, I see.  Sorry I missed the whole play2crush thing since I never played SB.  I understand what you mean now and you are right, it was a bit of a switch.  But it is something that is still needed to appeal to more players out there.

Reading comprehension, try it.

The point is not that I don't want to build a damn city or castle in EK, I want to, but it has zero value if it's just a damn social lobby to show off. The only way to give them value is to make them contestable.

Yes but just because you want to be  able to destroy everything does not mean everyone does.  Unfortunately, there is no way to make everyone happy.  ACE is trying very hard to do this by giving everyone who wants to siege and destroy their enemies castles the campaign worlds to do so and everyone who wants a house to build and keep safe gets the EK.  It's all about a little give and take.

iWQCpyx.gif

There is also absolutely no point in opening my guild's EK to PvP and contestable rule set if others are locked.

But you're not the only one playing the game.

When I got to these boards and said ooooooh no pvp really?  I got a quick schooling in "The game's not about what you want.  It's about what the devs want."

There are a lot of folks that have adjusted to the PvP centric nature of the game - I'm one of them.  Just because I don't see any fun in playing FFA Full Loot PvP does not mean that CF should not have it.  It's more about what the devs are after with the understanding that people play for different reasons since people find different things fun.

The devs stuck in EK because they wanted to.  They thought that some of the players would find it fun.  I'm a player that finds it fun.

Just because you see no point in it does not mean that others should agree with you.  And just because ALL EK's are not open to PvP does not mean that PvP is meaningless in those EK's that are open to it.

I have to confess - it almost sounds like you only want to go and smash at the EK's of folks that don't like PvP and if you can't do that you're gonna take your toys home and not play EK at all.   It would seem to me that battling with other folks that like PvP - that are challenging and make you work hard to destroy their EK would be way more fun.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Do I give a custard apple pie if you agree with me? Nope.

Fact is that without contestable EKs, they are worthless beyond fluff value. It does not matter if someone will allow PvP and conquest in his EK if others are not. I do not gain anything in opening my EK to that if I can't compete for the land, property and accumulated resources in other's stronghold.

As for campaigns, sure, they'll be fun to fight in, even do little capture the flag kind of thing but in a long run nobody will be attached to the strongholds in those worlds as they'll be wiped in a month or three.

Well for now you will have settle for what they stated bellow because we don't give out old smelly socks to people like you either!

31. Can I attack another Personal Kingdom?

We are working on a design that allows Kingdoms to War with each other.

This idea is still very rough, and we consider this a secondary system to the Campaigns – meaning that, even when engaged in a Kingdom War, players will still be reliant on Campaign participation in order to secure materials and rare reagents.

The basic outline of the Kingdom War system is:

The Monarch of one Kingdom challenges the Monarch of another. They must agree on the duration or victory condition (i.e. how do we determine a winner?) They must both ante up a prize (in materials, items or coin) that will be placed “in escrow”, meaning they can’t touch it unless they win.

Once the War starts, Vassals can travel between the two Kingdoms, and there is open PvP in both Worlds (i.e. no safe zones.) The siege mechanics are enabled on those Worlds, and the buildings are destructible. The War ends either when the pre-determined condition is met by one side, or when one Monarch surrenders. The winner gets the rewards that were set aside at the beginning.

NOTE: the details of this system are still being worked out. If this sounds interesting to you, we invite you to jump on the forums and join the discussion.

iWQCpyx.gif