Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sloppy

Make Enternal Kingdoms More Meaningful!

Anthrage, on 26 Feb 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:snapback.png

These claims however that CF in it's current form takes the meaning out of Play2Crush, and that it can only be remedied by removing all of the non-PvP stuff.

Can you point to anyone in this thread making such claim?

I like the idea of giving everyone a personal EK that they can invite people to and can't lose or be attacked, where they can store all their trophies and equipment and stuff, but they shouldn't be able to build crafting stations or anything that produces equipment with resources, it should only be for storage and cosmetics. At the very least you could give them the ability to make crafting buildings, but do not allow the crafting buildings to scale to higher levels, if they want buildings that are at the higher levels they should be forced to leave there personal EK's with the resources and go use a building in the open plot system where PvP is 100% on. In the open plot system any player or any guild can buy a plot of land and build these buildings that achieve higher levels on them, as well as castle walls and stuff to protect them, and any other guild or player who doesn't own this plot should be able to siege it and try and take it over. They could set it so if you siege another player/guilds plot they get a 24 hour notice of the attack, they could also make parameters like you must own an adjacent plot of land to attack that plot. Then the players/guilds who own the land can set the taxes on the land and designate leaders of each plot under their reign, but PvP should not be able to be toggled off in any plot at any time, the only thing that is toggled off is building destruction, unless the plot is under siege by another plot. There should be plots or areas that create incentive for players to venture there other then crafting buildings, like mobs that drop certain materials that you need for equipment, or mobs that drop currency, that way people will also engage in roam pvp over these mobs or caches. This gives people a reason to win campaigns and bring back resources, so they can build up and defend their high tier buildings and castles, and if people dont want to manage these plots, they have their own personal plots still. Guilds can find dedicated players to stay in the EK and defend the kingdom while others venture into campaigns to help bring back resources to expand the kingdom, and both instances of play will be fun, and full of PvP. This is just a basic idea of what you could do with a system like this and it caters to everyone's needs, but currently EK's are completely useless and if they stay the way they are, there should be no loot from campaigns because if you are a dregs player you can't do anything with it anyways.

Eternal Kingdom is the couch equivalent of real life.

You finish up one game of Risk and go take a break on the couch before starting another. You have to understand they can't have you play the same game on the couch without spoiling 'normal' Risk. Sure you can talk to other players, even make some duel.. but it's mostly social.

And what if I want to steal your couch?

What if my idea of !!FUN!! is beating you at Risk like a drunk half-naked fat guy beats his skanky trailer park wife, then coming over to your house, kicking down your door, stealing your couch and drawing intricately detailed penises all over your Risk board and replacing all your dice with ones cooked to roll nothing but 1.

What if that's exactly what I want out of Crowfall?

Edited by Psyentific

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

Instead of creating some special EKs with this PVP is always activated ruleset, wouldn't it suffice to have one/some of the campaigns just last forever, with maybe some victory conditions that will end it, and the victory condition is "Guild A holds 100% of the land"?

Or if you prefer, no victory condition at all, and running forever?

Nothing has to specifically coded for that. Just create a campaign with no time limit, or a reasonably big time limit that is basically forever (50 years should be more than enough).

Instead of creating some special EKs with this PVP is always activated ruleset, wouldn't it suffice to have one/some of the campaigns just last forever, with maybe some victory conditions that will end it, and the victory condition is "Guild A holds 100% of the land"?

Or if you prefer, no victory condition at all, and running forever?

Nothing has to specifically coded for that. Just create a campaign with no time limit, or a reasonably big time limit that is basically forever (50 years should be more than enough).

I think they will never have actual PvP in the EK, since it will detract from the real game.

ACE have said that campaigns are the actual game, and EK is just a hub for players to craft and hang out between sessions.  They could remove the EK alltogether and the game would still be the same.

Its just a place with fluffitems and playerhousing.

I agree the eternal worlds seems kind of empty without any threat but it shouldn't be like a campaign world, there should be combat but rules to the combat. For instance factions should be able to siege other factions castles but the faction should have to have a huge vote and the majority has to agree to a war or each faction leader should have to agree that their faction will have a war. At the end of this war the winning faction should be able to loot the castle but not take it so even if a faction losses tremendously they still have a place to call home...even if it is just a smoldering pile of rocks. There should also be areas of PvP in the eternal world like roads between castles and outside towns so it makes travel seem more intense and encourages team work when traveling and raiding. 

In all there should be cobalt in the eternal world but regulate it to some extent. 

I see a major flaw in how the Eternal Kingdoms have been proposed.

1.  We go mostly naked onto a dying world

2.  We bring crafters with us to the dying worlds since they can't craft for us while in the eternal kingdoms.

3.  We win the battle on a dying world to bring loot back to the eternal kingdoms.

But what do we do with the loot in the eternal kingdoms?

1.  Build a castle that doesn't have to withstand a siege?

2.  Build shiny armor that we can use to shop with while teleporting between EK's.

3.  Duel in fancy expensive armor?

There needs to be war on the eternal kingdoms....

There needs to be sieges on the eternal kingdoms....

We need to ability to destroy someone's trophy case...

Guilds need to be able to merge all their plots together to make a kingdom that can be raided and looted and taken!

At the very least we need to be able to wager property.

Stretch Goal #1 - Bring war to the eternal kingdoms

Stretch Goal #2 - Kill the carebears!

The EK is just a lobby, a fancy one perhaps, but a lobby none the less.  It is a tavern, a social meeting place.  I have no issues with it, because there is nothing else to do there, and all of the action is in the PVP worlds.

I see a major flaw in how the Eternal Kingdoms have been proposed.

1.  We go mostly naked onto a dying world

2.  We bring crafters with us to the dying worlds since they can't craft for us while in the eternal kingdoms.

3.  We win the battle on a dying world to bring loot back to the eternal kingdoms.

But what do we do with the loot in the eternal kingdoms?

1.  Build a castle that doesn't have to withstand a siege?

2.  Build shiny armor that we can use to shop with while teleporting between EK's.

3.  Duel in fancy expensive armor?

There needs to be war on the eternal kingdoms....

There needs to be sieges on the eternal kingdoms....

We need to ability to destroy someone's trophy case...

Guilds need to be able to merge all their plots together to make a kingdom that can be raided and looted and taken!

At the very least we need to be able to wager property.

Stretch Goal #1 - Bring war to the eternal kingdoms

Stretch Goal #2 - Kill the carebears!

You definitely have valid points and I'm sure others as well as us have thought of these things :) . I want it to be meaningful as well but not at the cost of awesome campaigns though. I think they know it should also be meaningful and for all we know they very well might be. We only have a very high level perspective on what they Eternal Kingdoms are, not any actual mechanics, no deep dives. Also we will be helping them make this game. What do you think would be some good mechanics that would not take away from the core game-play of campaigns. How would the wars work in a way that will supplement the campaigns? We need to help these guys come up with this stuff haha

EK doesn't need to be a mandatory warzone but it definitely should have the option and it looks like it's going to.

My problem with the EK is it's lack of meaning. But even so it isn't COMPLETELY worthless the way it is.

A. Hey I mean sometimes you want to relax and that's reasonable enough.

B. If these are the respawn points it makes dying enough of a hassle that you don't want to do it.

C. Getting together to plot your strategy in the EK is a safer way to have player to player interactions.

But yeah, maybe if they implement a trade system and have pretty hard division between politics and battle it could be more interesting. Wars would be nice but having them be non-consensual would allow older players to instantly crush newer ones. If they put a solid value on EKs besides artistic, then it could be really fun but we shouldn't let the power of the EK bleed into the campaigns. Honestly if they just made a leader board then it would cause a lot of people to try to compete for the best kingdom, we want to be able to win something and that seems to about the gist of most games. Allowing us to take some equipment into campaigns might not be half bad either since it doesn't look like the items are going to have high differences in power and giving some reward to the people who took the risk to get the materials would be nice.

"Honestly if they just made a leader board then it would cause a lot of people to try to compete for the best kingdom,"

Oh no.  Not Leader Boards.   The Uncle Bob syndrome meets the EK.    The huge guilds would be on top always.   Kinda like the difference between shopping at Wally World or a little exclusive boutique.   Bigger is NOT always better ( yea I went there. )

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Anyways, if it's true and there's mobs in people personal instances here's a few things I'd like to see (Brain-storming here)

I didn't find out about Crowfall until after the Kickstarter so I've been going back and reading all of the material that was shared before I joined.  I found this quote in the mmorpg.com piece Crowfall Previews: A Preview of the Universe and Economy

"The persistence comes in the form of a home realm [EK] in which players can build their base of operations and have some sense of permanence.  Todd tells me this portion of the game universe will have mobs and to some degree, a very limited amount of resources." [emphasis added]

So, the EK will have mobs, and thus potentially some of the resources that can be harvested from their bodies.

It sounds like the EKs will be a place to try out that freshly-rolled character, maybe even gaining a few skill points in combat or the basic crafting skills.

Once you've gotten the feel for it you can then enter the character in a PvP arena battle to see how you fare against a real opponent.

Then, once you're satisfied you can commit that character to a 3 month campaign.

In the beginning everyone will need that kind of place, even the "I live on carebear tears" PvPers, as they'll need to figure their builds out too.

soli deo gloria

I didn't find out about Crowfall until after the Kickstarter so I've been going back and reading all of the material that was shared before I joined.  I found this quote in the mmorpg.com piece Crowfall Previews: A Preview of the Universe and Economy

"The persistence comes in the form of a home realm [EK] in which players can build their base of operations and have some sense of permanence.  Todd tells me this portion of the game universe will have mobs and to some degree, a very limited amount of resources." [emphasis added]

So, the EK will have mobs, and thus potentially some of the resources that can be harvested from their bodies.

It sounds like the EKs will be a place to try out that freshly-rolled character, maybe even gaining a few skill points in combat or the basic crafting skills.

Once you've gotten the feel for it you can then enter the character in a PvP arena battle to see how you fare against a real opponent.

Then, once you're satisfied you can commit that character to a 3 month campaign.

In the beginning everyone will need that kind of place, even the "I live on carebear tears" PvPers, as they'll need to figure their builds out too.

When asked last week about resources in the EK  this is how Todd  answered :

They have common resources in small quantities -- no rares, no materials (quarries, mines, mills).  

I'd read the FAQ again, the EKs aren't complete barren, they're just very stunted in terms of what you can do there.

Todd

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

"Honestly if they just made a leader board then it would cause a lot of people to try to compete for the best kingdom,"

Oh no.  Not Leader Boards.   The Uncle Bob syndrome meets the EK.    The huge guilds would be on top always.   Kinda like the difference between shopping at Wally World or a little exclusive boutique.   Bigger is NOT always better ( yea I went there. )

So edgy Phallustastic man. Yeah I don't know if we wanted the EKs to be more meaningful then we should try to stir up competition, a leaderboard might not be the best way to do it but we do need a reason for people to compete besides who has the prettiest kingdom. Also since I kind of like nitpicking in the case of places that provide goods in exchange for currency bigger is almost always better unless your shopping for a very particular item and the boutique is a specialty shop, the larger providers tend to get larger because they centralize your needs, if you can buy toilet paper, food, drink and entertainment in the same store there's not much of a reason to go elsewhere unless you're looking for something very specific or looking for a better deal on an item. Though sadly because these small shops have to maintain a profit their prices tend to be higher than in a larger provider because fewer and fewer people are coming to the boutique, they're going to wally world so they can get everything at once. Rant completed.

Eternal kingdom is whatever you want it to be. I mean you can horse race your guild mates or alliance members and you can visit other kingdoms and see their loot (artifacts) as mentioned by ACE. It is up to you to create your kingdom and how you run it is also up to you. Different players will end up creating different ways to socialize and relax while they are off-campaign. I think the point is, go meet some people, have fun relax, and stock up for your next battle.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

lets give Eternal Kingdoms a WAR system, where 2 EK's will connect like in the image making it possible for each side to go to each others EK...Building Destruction is enable in WARS and it has a time limit both EK's can agree to ex.1 week, EK's can loot each other as the prices and can also get land...Wars can start if both Ek's agree to do it

warEK_zpsriw2zlje.jpg?t=1430226454

Well they did state that the game is not for everyone, I don't think the game should change to from how the developer wants it just because some people do not like the way they built it.

lets do this thing the devs already said they were going to do!

Thanks for your contribution.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully