Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Join the ACE QA Live Stream January 5 @ 11 AM CST / 6 PM CET

Hey Crows, 

Join us Tuesday, January 5th to be one of the first to know what’s next for Crowfall! Twitch.tv/CrowfallGame

Have questions you want answered? Post your questions here, as a reply and please put the word <QUESTION> at the beginning for easy curation. We will try to get through as many of your questions as possible during the Q&A. Remember, questions should be directly related to Crowfall updates and gameplay.

Thanks for your support!

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

<QUESTION> Are there any plans to release a roadmap so that we know what is actually being worked on? Even if broad I think it would help add in some confidence of things to look forward to or t

Question - are we ever gonna see a proper territory system or you think what there is currently is good enough because i feel if u release without a proper territory system game wont last more than 6m

@ACE-Tiggs POST Q&A <Question> Please make sure that ACE management understands that almost all of their testers are now putting testing on hold until you can inform us if the inve

<QUESTION> Can we please get some diversity in the Wealth Cards? Right now they basically function as pig running keep cards which means most of the guilds can't even participate as they don't own a keep.

I'd love to see the wealth cards involve gold, tradeskills, or some other objective that all types of guilds can compete on.

<QUESTION> I trust that you are aware of the predominantly negative opinion held by the MMO community regarding Crowfall. The game is currently struggling to maintain a playerbase, with only a tiny fraction of the registered players deciding to give the game a go. I my self have failed to get a single person I know interested in trying this game out. At the time of writing this the game has barely over 200 players logged in between all servers. The game also has fairly low engagement on Social Medias, with low Twitch activity and engagement on Twitter. 

With all of that in mind, do you think you can improve the game to the point where this negative reputation is redeemed and the game manages to sustain a healthy population? What are the steps you intend to take in order to achieve that? 

<Question> we can see on TEST that your are working on a new version of hunger dome, do you plan to use a kind of ranking for this kind of maps? 

<Question> @jtoddcoleman said last month he didnt like the current system for harvesting and crafting discipline cause there's too much rng (which is right!) so what's the plan to fix that problem ?

Question - are we ever gonna see a proper territory system or you think what there is currently is good enough because i feel if u release without a proper territory system game wont last more than 6months if ur lucky

"Throne war simulator" without the territory system is kinda like u seem to be missing half the game

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

7 hours ago, ZYBAK said:

<QUESTION> Can we please get some diversity in the Wealth Cards? Right now they basically function as pig running keep cards which means most of the guilds can't even participate as they don't own a keep.

I'd love to see the wealth cards involve gold, tradeskills, or some other objective that all types of guilds can compete on.

most guild cant own a keep cause there too small to hold it when the zerg comes knocking to take there progress. and the 2 of the 3 big alliances tend to be in a seige pact so the 3rd large alliance cant realy make a move on them and is constantly on the defensive every seige timer.

i think one card should stay very keep heavy but one should be designed for small guilds where they all have per member cards kinda thing, this way small guild have a focus and the large guild have a focus on there cards and the middle one should be mix of both so Power = Zerg keeps cards, Glory is per member cards for small guilds and wealth is a mix between between PvE,Crafting/Harvesting with mix of per member and total cards.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

<QUESTION> In the Founder's letter, JTodd said, "I know there is work to be done. The game is not quite there, but it is close enough that I can see it now. Next year, when I write my End of 2021 Founder’s Update, it will be to discuss the game-that-is, not the game-that-will-be."

Is he trying to tell us that we won't see the game launch until late this year?

macdeath_sig.png

Is PVP ever going to be a part of the NPE? Could Infected become a balanced pvp leveling playground? Maybe a boost to even the playfield and/or 30's not allowed? Now a lot of people give up before max level because they think it's a boring game. They have no clue what is really there.  The NPC's now are also useless if y want to practice to play a class. If somehow they do get through it and end up in campaign, they face experienced players with advanced gear and vessels. Not everybody has the stomach to go trough this process.

Edited by omiCrobe

<Question> Can you describe the balance & combat philosophy a bit from a high level? Do you see rock-paper-scissors design as a good thing? If so, doesn't that discourage fights because one party will feel disadvantaged? Currently many players will not engage in 1v1s against many classes because there's nothing they can do to win.

46 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

<Question> Can you describe the balance & combat philosophy a bit from a high level? Do you see rock-paper-scissors design as a good thing? If so, doesn't that discourage fights because one party will feel disadvantaged? Currently many players will not engage in 1v1s against many classes because there's nothing they can do to win.

If it hasn't changed, the answer is here.

2 hours ago, nihilsupernum said:

Should never balance a game off 1v1's... but the argument should be 5v5 balance 100%... you cannot do ZvZ balance and think your game is going to be fun for small scale... but you can do 5v5 balance and scale it for ZvZ..

<Question> As someone that played more then 8 hours a day from late alpha into early beta (I cannot do it to myself anyone) the amount of end game content is COMPLETELY LACKLUSTER. The only thing there really was is siege (this has changed with active progression for gathering/crafting) But when do you think there will be a more active system towards combat? Why are you only creating gates for harvesting/crafting? Why isn't there a few small hurdles for combat gates even if they are minimal advantages?

It feels like the leveling system needs to be completely removed from the characters and instead place on the account. Thus you get this effect that whatever the player is doing they are collecting exp. Then they spend that exp on a revamped combat passive tree. There shouldn't be a way to gain EVERYTHING like there was with passives. People then will have to go out and do stuff to get these boost. 

<Question> End game Loops? There has to be MUCH MORE CONTENT.

• 5v5 arena's for titles (with stat boost attached to them) ranking system (cosmetics can be attached to the ranking) or just gold (you pay to get in the ladder, whoever ends on top gets the most and then 2nd get half and ect.)
  • Random Spawn world bosses (They drop sub components with stats that we cannot craft but see on wartribe gear) (ex. power efficiency / barrier bonus) 
Edited by Sirktivo

<QUESTION> Are there any plans before launch to make the game less dependent on going back and forth from the Lobby?

<QUESTION> What takeaways have you gotten from the Weekly Feedback and Campaign Feedback threads that you are planning to address in future milestones?

<QUESTION> Will 6.4 complete the NPE?

<QUESTION> What are you planning to do to Make Harvesting Great Again?

<QUESTION> Are there still plans to streamline the crafting process like it was teased with the Crafting Project UI before launch?

Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

<QUESTION> Is Crowfall going to launch without an account linked progression system?

<QUESTION> Is Crowfall going to launch having gathering/crafting specialization limited to the equipment based system of Belt Age (6.3*)?

We saw player-run markets before 5.8*,  about on second half of 2018, then I don't recall any advancement was announced regarding EK.
Meanwhile in Crowfall arrived NPC mechants in temple areas (5.8*), drops from war camp mobs (5.10*), free cities (5.12*).

<QUESTION> Is still in development plan having players' EKs in the economic cycle or are you going to discourage players to run their own kingdom (perhaps for technical issue)? 

Edited by RikForFun
grammar

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano