Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Join the ACE QA Live Stream January 5 @ 11 AM CST / 6 PM CET

I'm a new player, and i love your game. It has layers of complexity, lots of player choice, and has got a hardcore classic feel to it.

*And your support is AMAZING!*

This MMO is doing things i havent really seen in other MMO's... 

[Question] - When are you going to add more character slots... cuz im about to buy a 2nd copy of this game, and i am completely alright with that :)
But if you do increase the character slots, i will still probably buy a 2nd copy of this game, cuz there is just so many different characters i can make.

Please keep being creative. You guys seem to have a good knowledge on what makes a game good...I like where this game is going.
Keep up the good work! 

<question> Have you put any thought into adding systems that would encourage players to protect players farming in their Areas if Control?  Like a tax system?  So new characters are not instantly slaughtered as they set foot out of the temples!

Major issue I see with the new vessel system:

Massive Ambrosia Bottleneck Increase

With the new need to "max out" a level on the previous rarity to equip the next one, the ambrosia cost for every blue and higher vessel has effectively increased by double or more.

Currently, when people request vessels, its generally a matter of minerals, not body parts, or leveling time that serves as the bottleneck. The reason my guild isn't walking around in purple vessels isn't because I couldn't get the purple parts, but in stead because of the mineral farming required to build a good one.

This remains largely unchanged for certain stats, but for STR or DEX based vessels this creates a HUGE problem as for each purple vessel I hand out, that player ALSO now needs a "placeholder" green and blue, which then requires at minimum a total of 12 ambrosia

While previously my harvesting and crafting already took up a ton of time just getting people the 6 blues they want per account (blue being the locus of farming reliability and speed) this new system has effectively doubled the ambrosia requirement as now to build out 6 blues for someone's account I also need to build out 6 greens.

The current harvesting to crafting ratio on ambrosia feels good. It takes work, but not so much that it feels tedious (assuming you've already done the grind for your harvesters/crafters which is a different issue) but in this new system the ambrosia needs required have spiked drastically as the vessel needs of every player have spiked drastically.

While I love the idea of the new vessel progression system as an answer to stopping the grind reset, and giving me a reason to use all these green body parts, ambrosia production needs to be made cheaper to maintain that equilibrium, otherwise you've massively increased the vessel demand without actually addressing the ability to effectively supply it.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

A thought when watching the Q&A in regards to the attribute section.

Lets use the knight as an example since it pretty base line what if you get new passives unlocks based of your high your stats.

After obtaining 150 str for example knights attacks might now cleave for 50% dmg
After obtaining 250 str the cleaves now do 75% dmg instead of 50

After hitting 150 Dex you can now use both dodge and block (Holding down the block/dodge key will block where clicking it will dodge)
After 250 Dex you might get an extra dodge roll

After hitting 150 Con your blocks now reflect 10% of the dmg back to attacks
After hitting 250 Con your block your block provide a buff that increases the dmg of your next shield attack by 300% after blocking 10 attacks buff last 30 seconds (So you can space out ur block and nit get them in one chunk)

Int 150 Reduces Cooldowns by 20%
Int 250 Increases attack animation speed and reduce GCD by 20%

Spirit 150 unlocks new active power spirit bond (Get a new ability that targets an ally and applies a buff that redirects 50% of incoming dmg to the knight toggleable affect 10 second CD when u untoggle it before u can reapply it)
Spirit 250 unlocks redirect now applies to whole group and knight receives 100% more healing 

Would give stats that dont have much affect normally something stronger since u wont see a spirit knight normally but now they can go spirit for a unique skill that only they have.

Of course you would do something different for each class where the lower affect might be weaker but you can get more of them and the last one is is much stronger if you wanna focus something. these idea were just pull out on the spot so with a little though you could realy get something that is realy interesting i think for all classes. 

also makes the race you pick have a affect with stat caps and base stats can make it easier or impossible to hit certain bonuses

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

16 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

nothing on the crafting/belt grind?  My entire guild is not playing waiting on a fix...

Why would they fix something they don't think is broken? 😔

7 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

While previously my harvesting and crafting already took up a ton of time just getting people the 6 blues they want per account (blue being the locus of farming reliability and speed) this new system has effectively doubled the ambrosia requirement as now to build out 6 blues for someone's account I also need to build out 6 greens.

Wow, you are decking out your people with 6 blue vessels each? I am impressed. We certainly don't do that. You could probably mitigate the ambrosia bottleneck by not making so many vessels for each person right away.

IhhQKY6.gif

6 minutes ago, Jah said:

Wow, you are decking out your people with 6 blue vessels each? I am impressed. We certainly don't do that. You could probably mitigate the ambrosia bottleneck by not making so many vessels for each person right away.

Its a bit easier when your guild has less than

*checks notes*

One winterblades amount of players, however the issue stands.

The ambrosia bottleneck increase is linear no matter how many you're making. Even if you're making 10 for your whole guild you're now effectively making 20 to be able to equip 10.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I am so very disappointed with this stream. It feels like the devs are blatantly ignoring massive issues with the game. It's nice that you are reworking the UI, and changing the attribute system etc but neither of these will bring people into the game. You say you don't think you need any new systems to make people play but you are horridly wrong. You say you have a lot of things coming up, but you barely mention them. How do you expect us to continue supporting this game if you don't seem to acknowledge the fact that it's missing core systems needed for an MMO? 

Right now you are missing:

• A friends system
  • Proper guild systems
  • Usable chat and channels
  • Any system that would allow smaller groups to enjoy the game
  • Any fun and meaningful activities for groups to enjoy
  • Any fun and meaningful content for big guilds to enjoy outside of siege windows
  • Core EK functions like tags, ability to customise their settings, online times, search windows

And that is ignoring the fact that the combat is still lacking in impact. The animations are still poor and robotic and they still cause your characters body to get morphed in unnatural ways. The game lacks in player direction. 

You are trying to force people out of GR and Infected and into Dregs to do what exactly? What is a new player who just recently joined meant to do in Dregs? The game doesn't have any reliable means of joining guilds, and it offers no content for a solo, or a small party of friends trying the game out. You are sending them to get killed, frustrated and quit the game. 

Are you planning on addressing that? At all? Are you planning on letting your backers, the people who are the reason you are allowed to exist, know what you're planning to do about this?  You barely have a game and you have opened the flood gates, you are pushing for sales, inviting people to try it out, expecting them to spend money on the founder packs. While everywhere I go I see people poorly made dergsting on how bad of an experience this game is. And yet you still fail to address the genuine concerns expressed by so many people. I regret supporting you. 

19 hours ago, MacDeath said:

@ACE-Tiggs

POST Q&A <Question>

Please make sure that ACE management understands that almost all of their testers are now putting testing on hold until you can inform us if the inventory / vault gets wiped in 6.4.

We have little incentive to grind 6.3 if it all goes poof.

I'm basically circling back to this thread waiting for an answer on this.  If you don't wipe the vaults my guild will continue playing.  If you say nothing we're going to assume a vault wipe and probably wait out the month.  

-cheers

3 hours ago, Jenkz said:

I'm basically circling back to this thread waiting for an answer on this.  If you don't wipe the vaults my guild will continue playing.  If you say nothing we're going to assume a vault wipe and probably wait out the month.  

-cheers

Why should they care? (no offense 🙂) I saw a lot of threats of not playing until 6.4 or even after if there is a wipe.

They are going to make the game with or without people logging in. All they lose is free labor and some data collection sources.

They already have our money at this point, logging in or not won't change things as long as there are at least a few crows floating around still.

They have to be putting all their bets on the finished product at this point and not care about how many play until then or at least until they are testing the launch version.

Edited by APE

50 minutes ago, APE said:

Why should they care? (no offense 🙂) I saw a lot of threats of not playing until 6.4 or even after if there is a wipe.

They are going to make the game with or without people logging in. All they lose is free labor and some data collection sources.

They already have our money at this point, logging in or not won't change things as long as there are at least a few crows floating around still.

They have to be putting all their bets on the finished product at this point and not care about how many play until then or at least until they are testing the launch version.

I'm not JUST a backer, I'm a tester too. So, I will continue to test, however, ACE will be missing a TON of feedback from many others who have stopped testing. None of we player-testers focus on all of the game systems. I'm convinced that some key bugs & issues will not be found by the few of us who continue to test.

@ACE-Tiggs@ace-tyrant@jtoddcoleman

Please, ACE, for the sake of the game, tell us that our vault contents will NOT be wiped with 6.4 so that we can get some of those testers on break to come back and help us find more bugs & issues. 

macdeath_sig.png

They need to wipe eveyrhing that have stat on it since they would be far effective and need to rebalance this thing. 
They could keep gold - exploration disc - ressource

1 hour ago, Loyfanoi said:

They need to wipe eveyrhing that have stat on it since they would be far effective and need to rebalance this thing. 
They could keep gold - exploration disc - ressource

IF THEY WERE TO TELL US NOW, that we could keep or gold and discs, I think many people who have stopped testing due to the announced wipe would find a reason to continue to test. It's the fear of a complete wipe that cause folks to question playing / testing if it all goes poof in a couple of weeks.

TLDR: Wipes are bad for population. Total wipes are VERY bad for population.

macdeath_sig.png

27 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

IF THEY WERE TO TELL US NOW, that we could keep or gold and discs, I think many people who have stopped testing due to the announced wipe would find a reason to continue to test. It's the fear of a complete wipe that cause folks to question playing / testing if it all goes poof in a couple of weeks.

TLDR: Wipes are bad for population. Total wipes are VERY bad for population.

So true. Myself included...

It'll be a full wipe.  Blair has said he wants to see 6.400 without any artificially created shortcuts ( he said so in some gamer's twitch stream after the Q&A).   But they won't announce a full wipe because that will harm population levels even more than staying silent will.

Accept the full wipe.  Use up the resources you have to just enjoy the new campaign. Don't waste time harvesting stuff or farming gold.  PvP without fear of having to replace your gear.

That said, ACE - there's not much to do in Crowfall.  Sieges are a couple of hours a night, forts are an hour each (but only the last 5-10 minutes matter).  There's no player agency in sieges - they're on a schedule that we get no say in.  There is nothing to do in game 20+ hours a day.

Since you're bringing the TEST server down for internal 6.400 testing, I'd like to see test rules brought to LIVE until 6.400 hits.  Unlimited free mats in the temple.  Leveling dust.  Let us test out all the things we want on the live server.  You don't gain any data from 6.3 live testing with 6.4 being so different.

unknown.png

Edited by Durenthal