Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey, wanted to go over a buncha things i felt were lacking in the interface. these may have been on a list elsewhere but wanted to give my thoughts.

(i do not consider my suggested solutions as the only/good/best solutions but more to show where my train of thought is on why its an issue)

1. lack of guild ui
    1. can't see whos in the guild except on the site, can't see whos online
  2. buffs are just a giant blob thats difficult to filter meaningful information in combat.
    1. have shrine or other long-term buffs have different colors than player-casted buffs. self-casted should have its own color vs friendlys vs enemy
    2. different colorings for different types, ie resist debuff vs cc vs blackmantle etc
  3. aoes all look the same, friend or enemy
    1. color them different with an option to modify the colors and the visibility(alphas). also culling options for prioritizing enemy aoes and ignoring effects that dont matter to the player, like friendly damage fields but still be able to see friendly healing fields.
  4. pack pigs, no explanation of cap or how many are following
    1. just need more info to pop up, maybe something similar to the harvest pip style showing maximum and the current amount. if its not too performance expensive, a distance indicator would be cool as well.
  5. capture circles
    1. no indication of progression direction or if you're affecting it yourself. not having numbers show i think is an ok gameplay design call, but it should be clearly indicated to the player whether or not they're actively progressing it.
  6. zone gates
    1. need indication of where the gate takes you and how they link to each zone. maybe popup a mini map with where you'll end up when hovering it in the map or something like that.
  7. retal
    1. no indications of what you're removing or affected by. this may be improved with some debuff list colorings as well.
  8. ultimate abil
    1. no indication of how charged a 2nd use is. could use a 0-max meter on the side with pip markers on the points where you can use the ults
  9. stealth visibility indicator
    1. can this enemy unit see stealth? put an eye or something over it to show it can see me.
  10. chat
    1. this could be its own topic i'm sure, having everything in its own tab is a gigantic mess to use. no timestamps even on friendly messages is bad
  11. bane trees and wards
    1. which ward or tree am i at? difficult to coordinate and discern whats going on. maybe highlight the one you're closer to in the ui up top so you have to 'scout' them if concerned about the extra 'free' info
  12. campaign banks
    1. need a filter/highlight search bar. option to sort or organize would be sweet as well.
  13. vendoring
    1. one item at a time with having to click a button every time as well is extremely painful. need bulk sales, and allow a button to accept the trade rather than clicking it.
  14. group visibility
    1. if a group member is not in your zone you have no idea if they're on the same planet or not. can they be visible on the map even if its just what zone so we can find each other?
  15. keep/fort/ek chest logging
    1. no logs or indications of who puts/takes what is unacceptable. the management overhead in this game is already very demanding and should be lessened as much as possible. loss is an acceptable risk but loss without any consequence is not.
  16. vendors
    1. adding a search bar to these would be a huge qol as well, having to dive through every discipline to find the one you want to look at is frustrating. searching by domain would be nice too in lieu of crowpedia.
  17. sac shrines
    1. a warning that an item will give 0xp, maybe a popup the first time then a highlighting color after that.
  18. shrines
    1. a popup with what buff you're looking at, and if it would replace a current buff or not.
  19. divine favor interactions
    1. need an indication that we've gained progress towards a specific card. if possible, update tooltips while a card is active to indicate it can help progress that card. (example- sands of time or skulls)
    2. if we have to hold a shrine, have some kind of card or other indicator on it, both when at location and on the map itself
    3. if i sac an item, it should indicate that i've done something correctly for the card.
  20. larger groups / raids
    1. commander/leader tag - icon above the leader to be able to find them easier. perhaps allow certain scouting classes to be able to see enemy tags as well.
    2. larger group where leader/officers can rearrange group members to create groups easier and quicker. gigantic frustration at the moment.
  21. fort permissions
    1. options to limit chests to just guild or all allies
  22. no indicator of class/promotion in group ui
    1. some kinda icon or coloring so we can tell at a glance whos what

All of these make a ton of sense. I would also like more map interaction. Like being able to see my group mates on the map, and place markers for them to see.

Also, for banks, use a grid slot system instead of a list. Scrolling through tons of stuff can be frustrating.

Edited by Knoebility

I agree with everything on this post. I would like to add that the same banner used for gear/tools being low also being the same banner for things like OP's/Forts being taken is a little annoying. Maybe just have a a graphic on the right side of the screen with your wearable/usable slots that take damage. I'm thinking like they do in Diablo with the green/yellow/red gear durability indicator. 

5 hours ago, UnemployedBalloon said:
  1. capture circles
    1. no indication of progression direction or if you're affecting it yourself. not having numbers show i think is an ok gameplay design call, but it should be clearly indicated to the player whether or not they're actively progressing it.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the UI does indicate whether you're capturing or not. I think it says Capturing if you're on it, Contested if 2 different guilds are on it, and Captured if you own it.

Also wtb

1. Noble/Vassal UI
    1. Chat bugs makes the hassle of really long chat commands 100x more annoying
  2. What to reiterate that in-game chat is atrocious
  3. In-game export/import UI
    1. It's annoying to swap back and forth from the lobby

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

1 minute ago, coolster50 said:

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the UI does indicate whether you're capturing or not. I think it says Capturing if you're on it, Contested if 2 different guilds are on it, and Captured if you own it.

correct, but i should have been more specific, it doesn't indicate if you personally are progressing it, just if the point is being progressed or contested. in group play i don't think theres a way to tell if you, specifically, are helping or not