Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.300 LIVE Feedback for 1/6/2021

6.300 LIVE Patch Notes  

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to LIVE Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the wipe slated for 6.4 at the end of the current campaign (assuming nothing delays it), there is no point in harvesting or crafting to improve our vessels (our characters).  You would think that

I have to say, 125 gold is a pittance for a personal reward. It should at least be 1250 gold

This will be a long post with many points where based on my 200+ hours of experience in the 6.3 patch since the new system without passive training was introduced to LIVE server. @jtoddcoleman @t

With the wipe slated for 6.4 at the end of the current campaign (assuming nothing delays it), there is no point in harvesting or crafting to improve our vessels (our characters).  You would think that would let guilds focus on the campaign, spending all their hoarded resources to battle it out for fun and glory.

And yet a large portion of the player base is instead choosing to walk away until either 6.4 or release (or indefinitely).  So far I've seen that DIS, KDS, and BAP are all leaving.  There are probably others - I don't pay attention to most of the forums and I'm not in any community discords.

I need to convey to you why this is happening, and help you understand how your player base is interacting with your game.

A short while ago, you wiped passive training and implemented a grind-based active progression system.  The time commitment necessary to get to end game (legendary crafting vessels with legendary toolkits and legendary disciplines) was obscene - perhaps you expected it to take months.  But because it was possible to rush it with a concerted effort, and because it's a PvP competition in which gear and vessels matter, a lot of guilds pushed it, hard.   My own guild completed their legendary crafting setup on Monday and generated dozens of end game vessels for our players.  One day later, you announced a vessel wipe (and it looks like it's going to be a full wipe from Blair's comments in player streams later yesterday).   So hundreds of hours of *work* are being washed away.

It wasn't fun farming all the gold necessary to create those legendary crafters, legendary disciplines, and legendary toolkits.  It was work. 

If the progression system were fun and engaging, we wouldn't mind having to repeat it.   But it's not.    It's terribly repetitive, and it's not engaging.  Instead of going out and having fun actually playing the game, everyone is huddled down obsessively farming for gold.  PvP interrupts progression, so people try to avoid it.  The best gold farming spots are in GR and Infected because you can't lose the results of your miserable grind there.

You have created a system where everyone is forced to rush to the PvP endgame if they want to have any success, and they have to do so by PvE grinding instead of progressing as a natural result of playing the game.    You would be well served to fix that - let us progress our characters through doing the things we envisioned when Crowfall was announced (hell, when it was announced, the vision was straight to endgame with none of this BS leveling, and a time gated passive progression system that was poorly implemented but well-conceived).

So that's why people are upset at the wipe, and are unwilling to put that hard work in all over again when 6.4 hits.     But why aren't we all running around madly playing the game now that we don't have to do the grind to progress our characters due to an impending wipe?    Because the campaigns aren't engaging.  With no need to farm for progression due to an incoming wipe all that's left is keep sieges and whatever PvE grind the victory cards ask for.  Keep sieges are a couple of hours a night, on a stale schedule with no player agency.  And the victory cards ask for a PvE grind to generate competition over resources and supposedly thereby generate pvp.   They don't work as intended.

So there are two things that you really need to fix ASAP:   The progression system needs to be fun and engaging.    And the endgame competition needs to be fun and engaging all day every day.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Also, FFS, fix PvP balance so players just dicking around can have fun in the meantime.

Runes have the same problem that's being solved by the 6.400 vessel system. One has to destroy the current rune, rather than the ability remove it and reuse it as an ingredient to crafting the next grade tier. For Exploration Runes, this especially leads to one skipping blue quality grade, especially due to the expensive domination dust, and that purple grade grants the important advanced tools trait. Restarting on runes sucks as much as restarting on vessels.

The awarding of the additional tokens for exports is something that needs to be looked at. For players, we try to limbo under the bar and make sure we can export everything we can. If we can't export, we sell it off for gold that we export. This is the natural way that many players will look to organize themselves for the end of campaign. They will trade away gear, give it to others so they can transport out if there is room. The award of export tokens given to a player should be something credited to the next campaign, or a campaign of their choosing for this to truly be a reward. 

3 minutes ago, Fleazel said:

The awarding of the additional tokens for exports is something that needs to be looked at. For players, we try to limbo under the bar and make sure we can export everything we can. If we can't export, we sell it off for gold that we export. This is the natural way that many players will look to organize themselves for the end of campaign. They will trade away gear, give it to others so they can transport out if there is room. The award of export tokens given to a player should be something credited to the next campaign, or a campaign of their choosing for this to truly be a reward. 

Totally agree, rewarding them afterwards is pointless. We've already moved our important stuff out of campaign by the time they are awarded.

ACE is poorly made dergsting the bed

10X training was doable for wipes......1X was a intolerable waiting game apparently for those coming behind in the long term. Soo.. 200k gold grinds are the norm now.. until.. ok, let's custard wipe

ACE do yourself a favor to custard win.. and listen

RUN TEST ONLY

LET EVERYONE SEE END GAME AND PLAY IT

Continuous wipes with grind will just drive people away, I love the idea. Im sold. But you are custard losing right now. 5 Years plus in and it's an embarrasment population wise.

Please for the loooove of custard God try this..

- No live, Test environment only, free everything.. at this point I don't think anyone needs testing picking, chopping, hammering or skinning anymore. You can institute changes and ask people to test it, but they are not demanded to do so.
- Large map - custard HUGE -let people have a piece of the pie. Ownership breeds numbers. You have, in your current state, created the thing you wished to avoid...UNCLE BOB. People will say that there is not enough population, I argue, build it and they will come. Let the attackers have to really choose, ... and with that being said,,

- Make seiges cost 75K, same as the tree, with the proceeds, if defended, going into the coffers of the defenders...if they win, then it is 150K to take the city.

- Engineer free building placement

What you are doing is not working.

I'll be in Mortal II online until you get your poorly made dergs straight.

Zexcmc2.png

In each campaign there are 5 maps, 3 temples and 1 free city. That means each player in EU right now could potentially be in their own map with no one else around. The NA players might have the luxury of having another player on the same map as them, but it's far from guaranteed. If I join the NA campaign right now and start looking for someone to fight, how long is it going to take me to find them? 1 hour? 2 hours? What if they're not capturing outposts and not triggering events?

How did we get here?

• NA/EU campaigns are split again, dividing an already-small population.
  • The population is further split between GR/Infected/Campaign
  • A wipe was announced so soon after the new grinding/soul system was implemented, causing many players to quit - some until launch apparently.
  • The above creates a chain reaction of boredom. Not enough players on map -> not enough action -> players don't want to log in -> fewer players on map.

This could have been avoided.

This could be fixed. It's not too late.

Wipe this gripe and then make sure you get a good marketing campaign off the ground informing the mmo world, hit all the mmo gaming news sites, there is a wipe coming and this would be a good time to bring your guild over for testing as it will be a clean sweep and a great time to provide testing data. Hell hand out new guilds stacks of beta invites for their members as there will be little or nothing going on in mid to late winter mmo release and testing wise. 

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

totally fresh new player 1-19 leveling today. (bout time I was an initial kickstarter ahaha) I got real lost after I finished the second "story line" which sent me back to the earth guy and there was no "go to next zone" quest to hold my hand to the next place. Did get me to go poking around EK though.

+ combat system and animations are fun

+ lots of room to customize character

+ lots to figure out, I liked the quest where you bring rss to a barracks to level it up.

- textures and surfaces have this weird glossy coat on them or something that rubs me a bit weird

- more explanation of classes and next areas for questing would be nice

Is the hit distance on Barbarian spinning suppress and rend suppress different?

The suppression from both seem to be inconsistently hitting, even when the powers are causing damage.

Watch the attached. A lot of powers not hitting. 

I truly don't mean any harm, but I fully mean the disrespect. 

Add a one second delay to monster AI before using abilities on combat start.

Currently monsters use charge abilities immediately causing silly interactions.

Me -> Charges at NPC

Me -> Enter Aggro Range and continue to NPC location

NPC -> Charges through and past me 15m away

Armour mitigation window UI updates inconsistantly.

If you use an ability, food or buff to increase armour resistance values; the window does not always update with the new values.

16 hours ago, Viscis said:

Add a one second delay to monster AI before using abilities on combat start.

Currently monsters use charge abilities immediately causing silly interactions.

Me -> Charges at NPC

Me -> Enter Aggro Range and continue to NPC location

NPC -> Charges through and past me 15m away

Or better yet, make charges (specifically Headbutt, Bull Rush, and Wild Charge) channeled abilities so we can control when to stop instead of always charging the full distance

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Hello, is there would you be kind enough to allow a wolverine ultimate game pad by Razer to use every button option for reprogramming?

Also, please make it easier to go between a ek and a game server..often times I will direct my game to leave my ek and instead it reconnects me to the ek.