Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.300 LIVE Feedback for 1/6/2021

2 minutes ago, Banth said:

Hi :) Only 1 hour into the game and haven't been active on here so not sure if this is mentioned; however, this is really annoying me. Not being able to view my inventory (and other UI) while auto-running is really annoying. I like being able to sort my inventory while traveling between areas, as well as read up about abilities. I should not have to be stationary to do that, I can't think of another MMO that this isn't standard in.

A mini-map would be pretty useful too, seeing as using the map and moving is impossible at the moment (as per my previous point).

Other than that, enjoying the game so far.

You can keep inventory open while moving it's an option in settings. This gets asked many times as seen is this suggestion from a couple months ago: 

macdeath_sig.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the wipe slated for 6.4 at the end of the current campaign (assuming nothing delays it), there is no point in harvesting or crafting to improve our vessels (our characters).  You would think that

I have to say, 125 gold is a pittance for a personal reward. It should at least be 1250 gold

This will be a long post with many points where based on my 200+ hours of experience in the 6.3 patch since the new system without passive training was introduced to LIVE server. @jtoddcoleman @t

9 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

While I totally agree with you that converting a game that was supposed to be PvP focused into a Korean type grinder is a real 'Head up Ass' move and SHOULD be changed or reverted, I can NOT agree that some dev should be fired over it.

They are short handed as it is so they need to keep folks. Just make a note to look VERY carefully at ANY suggested change, no matter who it comes from; a backer, a dev, an investor, etc and ask if this is likely to make the game more fun or less fun, likely to improve player population or decrease player pop.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but here goes .. Grind isn't always bad.

Game items only have value insofar as they are rare, or require some amount of work (grind) to get, as well as have some purpose in the world. If you kill someone and find that they have 30000 gold on them, it's rewarding because you know how much time you've just 'won' by looting them. If there is no grind and you can just have free gold like you can on the test server, or if wartribe mobs dropped 5k gold each, then you don't care that they have gold on them. Likewise, you don't care if they have high quality materials if you can easily get the same materials yourself with 30 seconds of hitting a harvest node.

Similarly, you don't really feel like you've achieved much if you can just spend 30 seconds clicking and have your top-tier disciplines.

Now, I would prefer if there was less (or even no) grind and instead of "achieving", a top tier discipline with grind, you "choose" a path to specialize in for your account that locks out other paths unless you respec. However, with the grind/work system we have, there has to be at least some effort required or else the whole thing is pointless and they may as well give away disciplines for free.

Still issues : 

Toxins and Focus loose durability on : Procs.  Feels horrible.

Amulets and Rings have a really low durability score, compared to how challenging it is to get these items it's frustrating to see them disappear so fast.

Frostguard : Ice Block .. absolutely worthless Ulti/node.  Standing still for 10 seconds while your team mates try to survive.. what is it you're trying to accomplish with this "passive" play.  Should have kept the old Armory on the guard.

Frost Armors : Last 6 seconds on a Guard and even less on the Caller and Arch.  You're better off taking nodes like Protective Stake and Sanctuary that has a huge uptime ... since Armory have the same cooldown yet much smaller up time this discipline feels super nerfed.

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

24 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

I can't believe I'm doing this, but here goes .. Grind isn't always bad.

Game items only have value insofar as they are rare, or require some amount of work (grind) to get, as well as have some purpose in the world. If you kill someone and find that they have 30000 gold on them, it's rewarding because you know how much time you've just 'won' by looting them. If there is no grind and you can just have free gold like you can on the test server, or if wartribe mobs dropped 5k gold each, then you don't care that they have gold on them. Likewise, you don't care if they have high quality materials if you can easily get the same materials yourself with 30 seconds of hitting a harvest node.

Similarly, you don't really feel like you've achieved much if you can just spend 30 seconds clicking and have your top-tier disciplines.

Now, I would prefer if there was less (or even no) grind and instead of "achieving", a top tier discipline with grind, you "choose" a path to specialize in for your account that locks out other paths unless you respec. However, with the grind/work system we have, there has to be at least some effort required or else the whole thing is pointless and they may as well give away disciplines for free.

I'm not upset that Crowfall is a grinder type game. I played both the original ArcheAge and BlackDesertOnline and enjoyed them both.

BUT, those games never said they weren't grinders.

Crowfall was hyped as a PvP mostly game with NO LEVELING. What it has desended into is a game where there is PvP about 4 hours per day and a ton of leveling. 

macdeath_sig.png

3 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

I'm not upset that Crowfall is a grinder type game. I played both the original ArcheAge and BlackDesertOnline and enjoyed them both.

BUT, those games never said they weren't grinders.

Crowfall was hyped as a PvP mostly game with NO LEVELING. What it has desended into is a game where there is PvP about 4 hours per day and a ton of leveling. 

I hear you. I would be much happier if the game was more like an endless keep siege with easy respawns, fast action, a good combat system, and no grind.

.. but that's not the game players want, apparently. They claim to want a game with bigger maps, less forced pvp, and more pve. They want a game where kills feel more meaningful and capturing / looting feels important. Thus, grind is necessary.

2 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

I hear you. I would be much happier if the game was more like an endless keep siege with easy respawns, fast action, a good combat system, and no grind.

.. but that's not the game players want, apparently. They claim to want a game with bigger maps, less forced pvp, and more pve. They want a game where kills feel more meaningful and capturing / looting feels important. Thus, grind is necessary.

Some grind of some type is needed in all MMO, but when you hype a game as not needing  grind and collect hundreds / thousands of dollars  each from MANY backers who thought they were backing a PvP mostly game... This switcheroo feels like a kick in the nuts. 

macdeath_sig.png

This will be a long post with many points where based on my 200+ hours of experience in the 6.3 patch since the new system without passive training was introduced to LIVE server.

@jtoddcoleman @thomasblair @ACE-Tiggs @Tyrant

I. I will start with straight bugs:

Tiggs - Removed bugs posted as we now have these in our bug tracking software. 

II. Progression:

It was a bit more than a month right now with a new progression system and here is what I have to tell ACE about it:

1. My friends and I have maxed up all the progression (lego disc, lego belt) on both crafters and harvesters in 1 month. I did not use any bugs or exploits to do that and maxed out my characters. In my case, I had resources from previous 6.2 patch of course... But in case of my Russian friends, they started progression from scratch on RU server and they already craft Legendary equipment, Legendary weapons, Legendary jewelry. In LESS than 1 month! What should they do next I do not even know. 1 months timeline seems VERY little for an MMO RPG.

Suggestion: I would like to see some kind of a mix of passive AND active training

8aa09a623427aff9.JPG?width=399&height=67

unknown.png

runemaking.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

(that's from Russian server 2 days ago)

2. Legendary belts cost A LOT of resources, time and efforts (which is Okay) but at the same time, they do not give much of the benefits.  For example, my exp. difficulty was already maxed at 115 when I had Purple belt, assembly success was maxed out with Campaign table. Thus, the only useful thing the Lego belt can give a crafter is +1 pip and 5 assembly difficulty reduction if you insert Helper Monkey inside the belt. This seems too little for that many resources and time spent on the lego belt.

Suggestion: increase experimentation caps to 125 at least. Right now the possible achievable experimentation is much higher than the hard caps. Also, I do not understand why the assembly is capped at 115  when at 99 assembly I have the max 98% chance of assembly success with lego items at all stages. What do those 15 assembly points will give me then?

3. Lego harvesting belts also feel too weak compared to the Purple belts: lego logger belt, for example, increase my damage on R10 trees by only 2 or 4 points, moreover, I already maxed out on damage to R10 nodes with a Purple logger belt. Also, the lego belt gives my +2% to Heartwood and +2% to beeswax.... which is whatever: heartwood is not that important, there is no need to have more of it practically - there is an overflow of heartwood already; beeswax is also kinda meh... it is only needed for Crit Amount food but since guards drop that food, beeswax seems to be completely useless.

Suggestion: rebuild the belt progression.

4. Minor disciplines give just miserable buffs - not worth farming. For example: First Wind discipline (I just leveled it up to legendary yesterday) gives me 200 HP at a green quality, then it gives me NOTHING at Blue quality, it gives me +200 HP at purple quality, and it gives me +100 HP at Legendary quality. This system feels very broken: nothing I get at a blue level (very frustrating), moreover, ONLY +100 HP at the Legendary level which costs me 3 times more than upgrade to a purple level where I get +200 HP. The diminish of the reward is just ridiculous. None will want to farm lego minors.

Suggestion: increase the stat reward on both Blue and Legendary level. Make it higher gain with higher level of disciplines. Increase overall value of stats with quality level (so it'll be worth farming).

5. Major disciplines give just miserable buffs - not worth farming at all. None will want to farm Major discs for when the price and efforts to uprade them is THAT high and the reward is THAT little: +1% crit chance with quality upgrade which will cost you 100K gold and 1 hour time to collect ingredients, really?!?

Suggestion: reduce the price to upgrade Major discs, increase the reward you get with Major disc quality.

6. Exotic exploration disciplines give absolutely nothing when you increase their quality. There is no harvesting stats for hunger shards. Exotic exploration discs should give extra bonuses and stats with quality.

7. Gold farming is boring, repetitive, disconnected from PVP, very slow if you compare to how much gold everything costs right now. The fastest way to farm gold (if you do not abuse bugs and exploits) is to farm it in God's Reach. Camps in campaign are too thin + in Infected and Dregs Chiefs and Kings spawn which really interrupts your gold farm. While in GR there is no boss mobs respawning, camps are thick, respawn fast, and mobs are plentiful there. Moreover, mobs drop amounts in GR, Infected and Dregs are all the same: the amount of gold mobs drop is the same in all the worlds which makes GR the best place to farm gold. Finally, farming mobs for hours is a HUGE chore: you just repeat the same moves over and over again... It's kinda feels fine for GR but for Infected and for Dregs there should be a challenge to farm mobs, it should be done in groups, the reward from each mob should be higher in Infected than in GR and higher in DREGS than in Infected. Lastly, the pace of farming gold feels too slow.

Suggestions: increase difficulty of mobs in Infected and even more in DREGS; increase the rewards for killing mobs in Infected and more so in DREGS; make solo-mob farming in DREGS almost impossible but make it worthwhile to farm them in a group; it feels like having only boss mobs in DREGS in camps is a good way to do it. 

8. It feels like there should be an exploration discipline which would increase gold drop/gold farm, like there are disciplines to increase farm of any other resource in CF world.

9. Suggestion: add exotic disciplines which help with gold farming, ethereal dust farming, chaos embers farming (the drop rate for CE is very low right now - 1 Chaos Ember in 1 hour of harvesting), necro additives farming and with hunger shards farming.

III. Crafting:

1. Jewelcrafters can only reach 20 pips at max while the cap is 22. Also, for Jewelcrafters pips do almost no good (sometimes even spoil the final result dropping points into the durability on final assembly roll).

Suggestion: add more options and more rows for experimentation to Jewelcrafters, same as Blacksmiths, for example.

2. Overall, after all the changes crafting feels a bit clunky now and it seems like it needs some love and fixing after 6.3: caps are much lower than combined stats from discs, belts, tables, food and primary stats. Crafting with Legendary belt does not feel different from crafting with Purple belts. 

3. Please, increase max amounts for grinding stone and other resources, crafting empty flasks, crafting parchment paper.

4. Crafting bulk of items does not increase soul drop chance so that you have to craft things 1 by 1 do proc disciplines. I burnt a ton of resources for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING by crafting stacks of 10 crafting stations as a Stonemason. Same thing with Alchemists: they have to craft items 1 by 1 to have better disc procs per craft. Also, there was no information about this mechanic whatsoever. That lead to a big time frustration on my side. I can only imagine how frustrated will be new players to find that they could spend 10 times less resources to level up their belts than they actually spent.

5. Overall, crafting is only viable on Purple belt level except Jewelry, Alchemy and Necromancy, as it does not drop from anywhere at all. All the purple gear can be farmed in a few hours of running around the map and looting outpost chests. Moreover, dropped gear will be much better than stuff crafted with blue disc and blue belt. So that 2 beginning steps in crafting are completely redundant and can be just skipped. Right now everyone just burn resources and craft complete trash to get to purple discipline and belt to start crafting something for players.

IV. Other stuff:

1. Huge guild and alliance size are actually killing the game population, killing player initiatives, removing fun from the game. Why is the area capped at 200 people when you can have up to 2500 people in your alliance? You theoretically speaking can lock down the whole server. Also, the huge size of guilds and alliances lead to simple zerging and killing all the competition and motivation to play (from both sides).

Suggestion: decrease guild max capacity and decrease the amount of players who are able to unite in the alliance. First of all, the game engine is not made for 500 people guilds. All the zones are maxed at 150-200 people so in the future one guild can just max out the zone with 150 members, or with 150 people from one alliance. Max out alliances to 100 people, for example; and max out guilds to 50 people so that it will correlate with game real capabilities. Moreover, it will fraction biggest and strongest guilds and make them do hard choices. That's how you could tackle the problem of 2-3 guilds dominating everything for a month and basically killing Crowfall population/competition eventually.

Smaller guilds = more competition = more conflict = more mind games = more smart plays instead of just zerging servers.

2. How to enhance trading - suggestion. Add buy requests to vendors (not just sell).

In trading there is a big lack of a very important feature. Right now you can sell stuff from your vendor. BUT you cannot buy stuff from your vendor and this is very inconvenient. For example, you would like to buy stuff and you have to go on Discord channels and post WTB requests or see what people are selling. Instead, it would be great to have a feature where you put a buying request into your vendor and load gold into it so that players could sell stuff to you through your vendor using that BUY request which you've submitted there until all your gold is gone.

This system is implemented in Perfect World MMO, as an example.

3. Please, add digital version of the world maps so that players could download it and to mark down points of interests there. It is an issue right now because the worlds are constantly changing in Crowfall and making something up all the time is time consuming and takes a lot of efforts. If we could have a map downloaded, we could start marking places of interest without those redundant manipulations (we do that anyways, it just takes a little bit of fun away decreasing players' life quality, and it all adds up...).

4. Outpost loot chests drop - suggestion. Please, change loot chests drops towards to more like gold, dust, chaos embers drop instead of purple and high end blue gear drop. With gold players will be able to buy gear from other players. Gear drop kills game economy and crafting.

... to be continued (maybe)

Edited by ACE-Tiggs
Removed bugs section - we now have these tracked.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

3 hours ago, nihilsupernum said:

There is a reason for that. Those players wanting a good PvP experience have slowly faded away over the past few years as ACE has changed directions. Of course the majority of remaining players and new players want more PvE. The PvE experience in this game is still seriously lacking compared to other PvE grinders, so this makes sense players wanting a better PvE experience. 

1 hour ago, SAM_BUKA said:

But in case of my Russian friends, they started progression from scratch on RU server and they already craft Legendary equipment, Legendary weapons, Legendary jewelry. In LESS than 1 month!

I would caution against making major changes due to data that could have come about via duping. Not saying anyone is, only that it is possible currently.

All rings and necklaces should have a baseline floor stat of 1 and start from there. Take this ring for an example this white triangle sapphire ring currently is 1.98 int damage bonus 0.23% and physical resist 21.27. with a base line of 1 it would be a 2.98 int damage bonus 1.23% and physical resist of 22.27. No one likes making junk.

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I would caution against making major changes due to data that could have come about via duping. Not saying anyone is, only that it is possible currently.

I definitely know that they were not abusing bugs and exploits till they recently found it. It was also reported to Innova.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

19 hours ago, Brautigan said:

The current NA siege times are still a bit late for many people who live on the east coast and have regular morning/day obligations during the week. 

Can these times be adjusted for the next campaign please?

They need to expand these not decrease them. Currently West Coast Players get shafted out of pretty much everything. At least throw in a couple forts until 2-3am.

• QoL suggestion:  When splitting a stack, we should be able to type in a quantity by default without needing to click the quantity field.  Pressing enter should then split the stack, instead of just setting the amount and requiring a subsequent mouse click to confirm.
  • QoL suggestion:  The game already has a built-in system to confirm or deny UI elements (quick yes/quick no).  Please apply that to the shop interface until such time as we get a proper sell interface.  Selling to a vendor requires a lot of unnecessary clicking and dragging that could be easily eliminated with the "Y" that already exists in the game.
On 1/11/2021 at 9:45 PM, SAM_BUKA said:

1. Huge guild and alliance size are actually killing the game population, killing player initiatives, removing fun from the game. Why is the area capped at 200 people when you can have up to 2500 people in your alliance? You theoretically speaking can lock down the whole server. Also, the huge size of guilds and alliances lead to simple zerging and killing all the competition and motivation to play (from both sides).

Suggestion: decrease guild max capacity and decrease the amount of players who are able to unite in the alliance. First of all, the game engine is not made for 500 people guilds. All the zones are maxed at 150-200 people so in the future one guild can just max out the zone with 150 members, or with 150 people from one alliance. Max out alliances to 100 people, for example; and max out guilds to 50 people so that it will correlate with game real capabilities. Moreover, it will fraction biggest and strongest guilds and make them do hard choices. That's how you could tackle the problem of 2-3 guilds dominating everything for a month and basically killing Crowfall population/competition eventually.

Smaller guilds = more competition = more conflict = more mind games = more smart plays instead of just zerging servers.

Couldn't agree more, guilds need to think who they recruit instead of recruiting for the sake of out zerging other guilds.

Ace needs to sort it out now, contact the guilds with members over 50 and asking them to move X amount of players to a sister guild that they could create for free. 

Alliances were made to help smaller guilds to team up against the bigger guilds but that didnt work due to the bigger guilds making alliances to make one super alliance. Again this needs changing.

5 hours ago, Fefner said:

Couldn't agree more, guilds need to think who they recruit instead of recruiting for the sake of out zerging other guilds.

Ace needs to sort it out now, contact the guilds with members over 50 and asking them to move X amount of players to a sister guild that they could create for free. 

Alliances were made to help smaller guilds to team up against the bigger guilds but that didnt work due to the bigger guilds making alliances to make one super alliance. Again this needs changing.

I don't know where you get your numbers from but 50 is not a large guild. We may have to have a roster of 60 or 80 just to field 20 in a night. 

1 hour ago, Spawl said:

I don't know where you get your numbers from but 50 is not a large guild. We may have to have a roster of 60 or 80 just to field 20 in a night. 

50 is a reasonable size for a guild, 500 is way over the top. All I'm saying is that guilds need hard choices to recruit not just to recruit for the sake of recruiting to get more numbers on the battlefield. The guild cap shouldn't be above the zone cap.

3 minutes ago, Fefner said:

0 is a reasonable size for a guild, 500 is way over the top. All I'm saying is that guilds need hard choices to recruit not just to recruit for the sake of recruiting to get more numbers on the battlefield. The guild cap shouldn't be above the zone cap.

I'm glad we have you around as the arbiter of what guild does or doesn't need. Whatever would we do without the brilliance embodied in your forum posts?

4 hours ago, Spawl said:

Of course real life happens and that is Okay. But guilds should think twice about members who only show up to the siege timer. Those people could play with their guildies as a separate guild still. It is just my personal opinion, it may not be the same as other peoples'. Just the way how I personally see things.

On 1/11/2021 at 5:30 PM, SAM_BUKA said:

I definitely know that they were not abusing bugs and exploits till they recently found it. It was also reported to Innova.

You can't definitively know that anyone was or was not abusing bugs to progress faster unless you are speaking about yourself.