Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Logged into the game for first time in months.

Pretty much backed the game, haven't really done much in terms of actual game-play yet.

Logged in see three different things, checked what appears to be server population and only 21 people online in the game?

Also character models are meh, can't even get a High Elf that looks halfway decent :\, Wood Elf looks better are there actually updates to fix creation in the future?

Everyone I know is saying this game already failed? Is it still in development, as the game appears to be in beta now?

2 hours ago, renoaku said:

Pretty much backed the game, haven't really done much in terms of actual game-play yet.

Logged in see three different things, checked what appears to be server population and only 21 people online in the game?

Also character models are meh, can't even get a High Elf that looks halfway decent :\, Wood Elf looks better are there actually updates to fix creation in the future?

Everyone I know is saying this game already failed? Is it still in development, as the game appears to be in beta now?

Beta means different things to different studios, this game is in closed beta but is still very much under development. We get major changes every few weeks.

macdeath_sig.png

I feel like that every time I jump in to play.. Feel really bad my & hubby paid $70 AUD (almost the price for a AAA game) for this game back in early 2018, 3 years on and it still looks as it did on day one. Very let down & if we could get our $70 EA back, we would have a long time ago. Needless to say, we've learnt our lesson from purchasing games like this. When we bought it, I wouldnt even consider it EA.

3 hours ago, PaleOne said:

we didn't back this game for graphics we backed it based on huge pvp siege performance...

we haven't really got that either..

We backed (anyway I did) on hype. They haven't yet come close to delivering the game they hyped.

macdeath_sig.png

5 hours ago, bigcat said:

Yikes! Alot of disgruntled backers!

Do you know ANY KS backer who isn't disgruntled? Backers gave them money to help ACE develop the game they said they wanted to make. They haven't made that game and are no longer TRYING to make that game, ACE is now focusing on bringing a very different game to the market.

I don't know if ACE determined that the KS envisioned game couldn't be made, or if they decided the market was too small to support such a game, or if some other reason caused them to abandon the envisioned game, BUT... it has left most, if not all early backers upset.

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

28 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

Do you know ANY KS backer who isn't disgruntled?

Yea, I know lots of them. I'm glad I backed Crowfall in the KS and have had lots of fun playing in pre-alpha, alpha, and beta. I've gotten my money's worth already, and whatever comes after launch is gravy at this point.

IhhQKY6.gif

Sapphire backer here. I'm not playing but I'm also not disgruntled... I've simply been too busy and I am waiting until there are no more wipes before jumping in and playing. I really like the vast majority of changes from the KS campaign tbh. I think there are a lot of people in the same boat because I know that the group of 14-15 that I game with have all said the very same thing... hopped in and out during alpha/beta but are waiting until there are no more wipes to really dig in and play.

18 hours ago, Jah said:

Yea, I know lots of them. I'm glad I backed Crowfall in the KS and have had lots of fun playing in pre-alpha, alpha, and beta. I've gotten my money's worth already, and whatever comes after launch is gravy at this point.

This is part of the larger problem. ACE constantly changing the game for a small subset to enjoy the testing phase as if it was the game. I dont blame you for 'getting yours', I would have done the same if game design stayed closer to original concepts. As you, I feel I have already gotten my moneys worth way before beta so let the cards fall where they may, some good games coming out this year (corona panic willing)

12 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

This is part of the larger problem. ACE constantly changing the game for a small subset to enjoy the testing phase as if it was the game.

I'd rather they listened to people who participate in testing than people who don't and just take pot-shots on the forums.

IhhQKY6.gif

5 hours ago, Jah said:

I'd rather they listened to people who participate in testing than people who don't and just take pot-shots on the forums.

They listen to forum warriors?

51 minutes ago, APE said:

They listen to forum warriors?

I get the impression they listen to lots of feedback. I doubt they exclude feedback from forum warriors.

IhhQKY6.gif

8 hours ago, Jah said:

I'm not sure if that was meant for me but I test crowfall for several hours almost every day. I also provide feedback on the forums. My feedback is that they SHOULD have kept to the original game vision as closely as possible. 

macdeath_sig.png

9 hours ago, Jah said:

I would have rather they followed design concept. World pandemic locks everyone at home so online companies doing very well due to captive audience. Lets look at crowfall participation.... 

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I would have rather they followed design concept. World pandemic locks everyone at home so online companies doing very well due to captive audience. Lets look at crowfall participation.... 

Heh, you suppose testing population would be higher if they didn't listen to feedback, and didn't try to make testing enjoyable for testers. I suppose it's a theory.

IhhQKY6.gif