Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Monday Night's Death Seige Fights


Recommended Posts

Can confirm and agree that the fight tonight was really really enjoyable. An all this happened because bane trees were bugged and could not be destroyed. Should ACE make it a feature then? :)

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SAM_BUKA said:

Can confirm and agree that the fight tonight was really really enjoyable. An all this happened because bane trees were bugged and could not be destroyed. Should ACE make it a feature then? :)

I think if you made handshake sieges then removing bane trees would be cool, always saw the bane trees as a way to only waste 15 minutes than to run out the timer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We saw significant improvement in medium scale fights last night, was very happy to see. 

GF to everyone last night, was glad to see a glimmer of life. 

I truly don't mean any harm, but I fully mean the disrespect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marklarr said:

I think if you made handshake sieges then removing bane trees would be cool, always saw the bane trees as a way to only waste 15 minutes than to run out the timer. 

The defense needs a way to end the siege before the timer runs out. That is what the trees are for. You have to have some mechanic to prevent people from just standing around for an hour, which is a great reason for the handshake system that Blazzen is talking about but it still doesn't get rid of the need to end a siege earlier if the defenders overwhelm the offense.

Edited by Spawl
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spawl said:

The defense needs a way to end the siege before the timer runs out. That is what the trees are for. You have to have some mechanic to prevent people from just standing around for an hour, which is a great reason for the handshake system that Blazzen is talking about but it still doesn't get rid of the need to end a siege earlier if the defenders overwhelm the offense.

I don't think a defence "needs" a way to end a siege timer prematurely , its a nice to have for sure, but I don't think its a necessity, but this is only in a handshake scenario, the current openess of sieges certainly requires banes in current form.

with the attacker already at a disadvantage when it comes to keeps, i beleive they should be afforded the entire hour to be free to attack and not have to worry about the banes, defenders can still roll out and smash them but removing the banes would allow the attacker to have a few more attempts which (with the hopes of a high cost to the attacker for the handshake) would be acceptable to be had and in a no show situation (e.g. where a wall has not been damaged by siege equipment) then the defender would get part of the attackers fee to compensate for the lost time.

 

This is all in a handshake environment though

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was really fun!

How can we do that more often? or at least more reliably during siege nights? Most sieges might have one or two good, quick fights if they have any at all. That siege had probably an hour of solid fighting!

A few things that I noticed were major contributors to that fight being great:

  • Two larger main forces with one smaller third party. Numbers weren't too overwhelming one way or the other.
  • Both larger forces had res statues reasonably close. The defenders had theirs in keep, obviously, and the attackers had a keep not too far in the next zone over with a portal near the objective keep. This allowed both sides to get reinforcements. The smaller third party had a res statue in zone and afaik this was not recaptured by the defenders, so they had it the whole time and could keep coming back when killed.
  • The bane trees were bugged and could not be killed. This allowed the attackers to come back from a wipe and keep fighting. Normally only the defenders can wipe and come back. Usually if the attackers wipe, the defenders just kill banes and the siege is over.

 

I think this is one of those situations where "You Can Win" (by killing banes) is in direct conflict with "You can have fun fights". If by winning, you cause your opponents to go home, then no one is having fun for the rest of the night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

That was really fun!

How can we do that more often? or at least more reliably during siege nights? Most sieges might have one or two good, quick fights if they have any at all. That siege had probably an hour of solid fighting!

A few things that I noticed were major contributors to that fight being great:

  • Two larger main forces with one smaller third party. Numbers weren't too overwhelming one way or the other.
  • Both larger forces had res statues reasonably close. The defenders had theirs in keep, obviously, and the attackers had a keep not too far in the next zone over with a portal near the objective keep. This allowed both sides to get reinforcements. The smaller third party had a res statue in zone and afaik this was not recaptured by the defenders, so they had it the whole time and could keep coming back when killed.
  • The bane trees were bugged and could not be killed. This allowed the attackers to come back from a wipe and keep fighting. Normally only the defenders can wipe and come back. Usually if the attackers wipe, the defenders just kill banes and the siege is over.

 

I think this is one of those situations where "You Can Win" (by killing banes) is in direct conflict with "You can have fun fights". If by winning, you cause your opponents to go home, then no one is having fun for the rest of the night.

I have long thought that Crowfall both needs more and different gameplay opportunities, like what happened last night through a bug, and has the existing mechanics to allow for it, with different world rings, individual maps in those rings, and rulesets. Lots of knobs we could be using but don't seem to be. I would love to see maps in a Dregs Campaign with some variations, and think in the vein of the above, a 'final' world ring after Dregs could be added, The Hunger. Since Shadow became the Dregs essentially, a Free For All Hunger world could be one where you manifest some of the persistence even Todd recently commented people found lacking, and a place to deploy interesting or extreme mechanics, and some kind of infrastructure people would go to and fight over and perhaps have the kinds of events we saw last night. An uber mob that spawned on a regular schedule or an uber hunger shard, something large and small groups could go to regularly and get into a free for all.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Video is up! Apologies for the length, again it was really hard to cut it down much more. Also apologies for the music for those who don't like that sort of thing or find it too loud, you can just turn down the volume at certain points if needed. :)

 

I give you, the Battle of the Broken Banes!
 

Thanks to all who came to this fight, it was a lot of fun and a great reminder of how enjoyable Crowfall can be at times - with the impending wipe I know activity is likely to drop a bit, but hopefully we get a few more nights like this in before 6.4 hits. In fact, we might consider collectively to do a semi-handshake siege at this bugged keep during it's siege window, same kind of thing as last night, just an hour of insanely fun fights and not worry about the keep so much. I would love a night like that twice a week...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...