Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Status on 6.400 Release Wipe

Hello fellow Crows!

We want to confirm that with the release of game update 6.400 on LIVE, we will need to do a full wipe, including characters, items and Eternal Kingdoms (all purchases will be reset so they can be re-imported).  

We try to avoid wipes whenever possible and we always evaluate all available options to avoid having to remove player progress.  We value your support and testing feedback, and we know that having your Beta gameplay progress wiped is frustrating. 

For the upcoming 6.400 release, both the new attribute system and vessel changes require significant underlying data changes, along with server performance changes, and are driving the need for us to wipe both characters and items. 

The decision to wipe characters isn’t something we make lightly.  We evaluated what it would take to transmute the existing data to the new formats, and it is prohibitive in both development and QA time (it would add multiple weeks of delay). 

Our priority is delivering a great game at the quality you expect, and launching it as soon as possible with the final game data wipe coming at launch.   

Your support is critical to Crowfall’s success, we appreciate your patience and understanding.  As we continue to advance the game, your input and feedback are helping us to move the game closer to launch and that is the priority for all of us! 

Thank you!

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello fellow Crows! We want to confirm that with the release of game update 6.400 on LIVE, we will need to do a full wipe, including characters, items and Eternal Kingdoms (all purchases will be

@ACE-Tiggs Can we get an extension on the buddy beta invites ? They expire on jan 29th and I would like to save mine for 6.4 please.....

thank you for clarifying this with the communit. I know its not possibly the best news for players but i very much appreciate the openness and honesty this post portrays.

2 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

Hello fellow Crows!

We want to confirm that with the release of game update 6.400 on LIVE, we will need to do a full wipe, including characters, items and Eternal Kingdoms (all purchases will be reset so they can be re-imported).  

We try to avoid wipes whenever possible and we always evaluate all available options to avoid having to remove player progress.  We value your support and testing feedback, and we know that having your Beta gameplay progress wiped is frustrating. 

For the upcoming 6.400 release, both the new attribute system and vessel changes require significant underlying data changes, along with server performance changes, and are driving the need for us to wipe both characters and items. 

The decision to wipe characters isn’t something we make lightly.  We evaluated what it would take to transmute the existing data to the new formats, and it is prohibitive in both development and QA time (it would add multiple weeks of delay). 

Our priority is delivering a great game at the quality you expect, and launching it as soon as possible with the final game data wipe coming at launch.   

Your support is critical to Crowfall’s success, we appreciate your patience and understanding.  As we continue to advance the game, your input and feedback are helping us to move the game closer to launch and that is the priority for all of us! 

Thank you!

Thanks, Tiggs! Doing wipes every second big patch is Okay for me. There was a lot of time between the last wipe and the upcoming one to enjoy the game and to do an indepth testing.

It really feels like the upcoming wipe will allow ACE and players to test all the new mechanics from scratch before Crowfall full release. Hope the performance changes will be very significant in 6.400: you made the performance better with every consecutive patch but it still needs improvement as fights with 50 people and more still pretty laggy, clunky and it feel weird overall (you only can see 1/3 of spell effects, players appear and disappear on your screen randomly... etc.).

It's great that you keep the community updated and that you are being honest with us.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

5 minutes ago, Barab said:

@ACE-Tiggs Can we get an extension on the buddy beta invites ? They expire on jan 29th and I would like to save mine for 6.4 please.....

I can give you a buddy code I have available. It is only fair to share with such news 💝

Edited by Jamin
Edit: Isn't at redeem of the code you get 30 days? :o

*Content gets created by those who stand and fight!*

8 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Given that many players have stopped playing due to the impending wipe, would it be possible to end the campaigns early and consolidate everyone into smaller maps in infected so we can find each other more easily?

Right now, the world feels far too large for the population. The majority of time is spent in transit and trying to anticipate where opponents might be. Also, I think with the current pop #s, faction gameplay would probably work better to support balanced fights.

Thanks for the notice, it helps in one sense while hurting in another but I agree it is better to know and is necessary. I am glad we are wiping and am pretty excited honestly. Last night we had some amazing fights and I think there are plenty of people who are interested that if it is done correctly we can see decent activity levels for the start of 6.4 - I do agree though, the buddy code deadline should be changed, we've just started an effort to give them out and get more people in and I feel the timing of the wipe in conjunction with that will be counterproductive.

All the solo grinding I did to get Legendary Mining Rune and on the cusp of having Legendary Mining Belt.

What a waste of my time... These full Item wipes are killing me. 😬

Seriously no point in running the campaign another 3 weeks, it just died on the vine with this announcement.

Roll out 6.4 ASAP.

@ACE-Tiggs Would you try to find out if ACE will allow us to sell back KS VIP time again.

With all the changes ACE is making to VIP benefits, there is no way I will need 6+ years of VIP.

The biggest benefit was for the Dual Passive Training which has now been removed from the game.

It would be much appreciated.

Edited by Staggeron
22 minutes ago, Barab said:

I'll check on this for you. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Thanks for clarifying, having 6.4 sooner with a full wipe is better than later with partial wipe. Please keep that transparency up in the future as well.

You guys think you can tweak something about the active progression of harvesting and crafting disciplines + belts before launch though?
It will get annoying to go through that process multiple times and if you want to properly play/test the game, you are kinda forced to do it if you want to compete at a somewhat equal level.

Though I really hope we will see some changes to this system soon anyways and it will not be released in this current state.

43 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Given that many players have stopped playing due to the impending wipe, would it be possible to end the campaigns early and consolidate everyone into smaller maps in infected so we can find each other more easily?

Right now, the world feels far too large for the population. The majority of time is spent in transit and trying to anticipate where opponents might be. Also, I think with the current pop #s, faction gameplay would probably work better to support balanced fights.

World is not to small. Just because you have issues due to your class choice + alliance and cant seem to find fights thats on you. Increase the map size reinstate old beta invites & lets get this pop were it belong instead of trying to a niche group that can't seem to find PvP.

30 minutes ago, Staggeron said:

All the solo grinding I did to get Legendary Mining Rune and on the cusp of having Legendary Mining Belt.

What a waste of my time... These full Item wipes are killing me. 😬

Seriously no point in running the campaign another 3 weeks, it just died on the vine with this announcement.

Roll out 6.4 ASAP.

My gain was to enjoy the game while I keep having fun and do not push it to the limit when it becomes just a big chore.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)