Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If may/june is the prediction, it sounds like its being rushed to beat out new world. You can't even open your UI and move at the same time. 2-3 months sounds beyond rushed even for a game thats been in development for years.

Edit: Heard there is sieges going on right now, I'm trying to update my client to see what's up. 8gb should take less than 3-5 minutes on a 500mbps(60mb/s) dl, its taking over 20 minutes......Not exactly making want to play even more....

Edited by Haggy
16 minutes ago, Haggy said:

Edit: Heard there is sieges going on right now, I'm trying to update my client to see what's up. 8gb should take less than 3-5 minutes on a 500mbps(60mb/s) dl, its taking over 20 minutes......Not exactly making want to play even more....

Haha. Its saturday night and with corona craziness alot of folks worldwide are at home using up a phenomenal amount of bandwidth. Maybe you are on T-Mobile 😁

18 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Haha. Its saturday night and with corona craziness alot of folks worldwide are at home using up a phenomenal amount of bandwidth. Maybe you are on T-Mobile 😁

I have 0 issues with steam or any other launcher bud, no hot spot here.

Edit: "corona craziness"(...keep defending your game nobody plays) I want the game to succeed since they have my money ill never get back. But 25 minutes for 8gb is absolutely dumb.

https://pasteboard.co/JRrSeVs.png

Edited by Haggy
On 1/25/2021 at 8:44 PM, Atome said:

Nobody willing to make a stab in the dark when?

There is no need to. The launch date is already set: Shortly after the last wipe. As easy as that.

Could be two days, or two weeks after the last wipe. But that small uncertainty doesnt really matter after 7 years of development, does it? ;)

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild (no ingame management)
Join [CoR] (or any other guild) to get a 25% discount on the next game bundle you buy!
Join - Discord Channel 

4 hours ago, Haggy said:

If may/june is the prediction, it sounds like its being rushed to beat out new world. You can't even open your UI and move at the same time. 2-3 months sounds beyond rushed even for a game thats been in development for years.

You CAN move with UI open if that's what you want. Settings > UI > Exit Cursor mode on Player movement OFF

macdeath_sig.png

17 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Ummmm. your picture shows 50Mbps speed, so approx 20 min should be about right for 8GiG download. Maybe you are thinking of bytes instead of bits. Those ISP's get tricky like that all the time.

Clearly says 58 MB/s not mbps. That game which is 8gb took all of maybe 3 minutes. 8gb on almost 60MB***s should NOT taking 20 minutes lol. You obviously don't know what you're talking about so ill leave it at that. And @MacDeathThanks for the info. I had no idea that was a setting, or better, why it is a setting.

8 hours ago, Haggy said:

Clearly says 58 MB/s not mbps. That game which is 8gb took all of maybe 3 minutes. 8gb on almost 60MB***s should NOT taking 20 minutes lol. You obviously don't know what you're talking about so ill leave it at that. And @MacDeathThanks for the info. I had no idea that was a setting, or better, why it is a setting.

It's a setting because most players don't WANT the UI open while moving but some do, so ACE gave us a choice. Now, you could say, but why isn't the default set to open. My guess is to prevent MANY calls to customer service.

macdeath_sig.png

There gonna launch to early it will be this year looking at thing but they will be missing important things will they sink or swim hard to tell at this stage.

I think there gonna launch without a couple of necessary features imo but we shal see i spose hopefully those feature would be in after 3 months max after launch atleast i hope so :(

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 1/25/2021 at 7:15 PM, mystafyi said:

They simply cannot wait till 2022. The graphics are already outdated and the performance and to be fair, the combat is also dated. 2021 will see the end stage of corona panic and there will be a flurry of entertainment competing. No, a post 2021 launch will likely be a dismal failure. They needed to launch years ago, Years...

If they don't beat games like New World and Ashes of Creation to market, then they'll likely struggle due to having to compete heads up with them. releasing a bit early will provide them to get players a bit invested in crowfall time wise before having to deal with New World and Ashes pulling player's.

Eat or be eaten

1 hour ago, Omen said:

If they don't beat games like New World and Ashes of Creation to market, then they'll likely struggle due to having to compete heads up with them. releasing a bit early will provide them to get players a bit invested in crowfall time wise before having to deal with New World and Ashes pulling player's.

I'll probably skip New World as I haven't enjoyed the alphas/betas much, but Ashes is looking to be an actual full fledged MMO that I've backed and will give some time to.

Coming out early helps, but Crowfall lacks a lot of the hooks and investment elements of other MMOs making it relatively easy to pick up and leave and return without major issues. So might see many try out NW, Ashses or several other upcoming games and while some will return because it is easy, some won't because they don't have that deep investment that many games provide (require).