Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Feedback on playing DPS Radical Cleric

Covergirl925

In MMOs I am primary a healer.  However, I had so much fun playing a Radical cleric!  Solo, I hardly died, I can switch it up to heal, had no issue with essence (comparison to a druid), and with mail armor I can deal with incoming damage.    I played a Human Cleric and my dps was not as strong as storm caller druid, but still the cleric can hold her own!   I truly feel this is the most viable versatile character and this is a full dps cleric.  

After playing a Cleric DPS it now makes me wonder how they are if I spec into a full healer role, and will try it out but I hope it will not disappoint.   I'm starting to have the feel that full healer builds don't hit hard and even with heals may not solo well.   However, I'll test it out.

However, I'm still drawn to the Druid class because it's more unique but I may change my mind and do a Cleric because playing them didn't disappoint.

Edited by Covergirl925

Were those tests against players? Beware of the NPC crushing trap. A lot of players go in with a skewed view of their class after crushing the NPCs and end up surprised when PvPing.

That said I did have my ass handed by a Cleric dps yesterday so the promo does indeed have potential.

The current cleric meta of unmitigated Holy damage and the 5:1 Barrier:Mana ratio of Mana Shield makes them very potent in small engagements, but they're limited range can affect their ability to perform well in larger scale fights.

Crusader Clerics are the "Typical Healer" spec and provide great support, but all of the healer classes have an overall benefit in different ways so it really just comes down to playing what you enjoy most.

• 2 weeks later...

On live I can hit from 37-38 yards left click and with all my spells.  That's pretty significant and I would not say limiting.